• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 459 Views, 4 Comments

A Mind of My Own - Sirius



Queen Chrysalis made changeling-pony hybrids for reconnaissance in a plot to take over Equestria!

  • ...
 4
 459

Chapter 1

"Have you made any progress?" asked Queen Chrysalis as she stepped into the laboratory.

"Yes, my Queen. Now all I need is someone to extract the pony DNA from. Unfortunately, we will need a large quantity of DNA and I doubt the donor will survive." replied the scientist. The scientist was a strange pony-like creature, but with a black shell full of holes instead of fur and insect-like wings. He is known as a changeling.

"That is not unfortunate at all," replied the Queen. "I'll send a small detachment to retrieve one. Continue with whatever you can do until you are brought the pony." said Queen Chrysalis as she started flying away. This is good. It is almost time for my plan to begin. Once the hybrids are complete, I'll send them to every city in Equestria, looking for the city with the most love. When I find that city and consume their love, the Princesses Celestia and Luna will not be able to stand up against my pure power!

"Guards!" barked Chrysalis. "I need two of you for a special assignment. Go to the nearest town and bring me a pony. Any pony will do but get it here quickly!"

Two of the guards buzzed at each other and then quickly sped off in search for a pony to bring back to the hive.

---------------

A few miles away from the hive, a lone mare was trotting down a long trail. This particular mare had an azure coat and a silvery-blue mane. A magician's hat and a wand were emblazoned upon her flank. The travelling mare muttered to herself as she walked.

"Ugh. The Great and Powerful Trixie should not have to travel by hoof everywhere she goes! The Great and Powerful Trixie deserves to have a carriage, pulled by only the strongest earth ponies! She shouldn't have to wander around like a commoner and she shouldn't have to travel from town to town looking for a job." The ex-showmare stopped and sat on the grass to rest. "The Great and Powerful Trixie should have never left the show business. She is an extremely talented mare and it wasn't her fault the other ponies couldn't see her talent! The ponies of other town were not even worthy to see her show! She had done them a kindness by allowing them to witness her spectacular feats of magic. The Great and Powerful Trixie should be performing at the Canterlot Castle for the Princesses, not travelling from place to place, barely making enough to survive." She looked at her meager amount of money. The unicorn's stomach rumbled. "Ughhh. The Great and Powerful Trixie should start moving again before the sun goes down. She needs to find a place to spend the night in the nearest town."

The ex-showmare continued on her journey toward the nearest town, unaware that she was being watched.

"Bzzz Bzzz" buzzed one changeling. The other nodded and they flew after the blue unicorn.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't think she can make it to the next town." she said to herself. "Maybe she should just spend the night out here. Ugh, The Great and Powerful Trixie cannot believe she has been reduced to this. She doesn't even have a place to stay for the night! Ridiculous." The lonely mare curled up in the fetal position and closed her violet eyes. Within minutes she was fast asleep and lightly snoring.

The two changelings looked at the sleeping mare and wondered how they should take her back to the hive. After a moment, one buzzed at the other and pointed at a large rock. The other buzzed in agreement and went to get the rock while the first went to the mare. When the other changeling returned, he held the rock high above his head and waited for his partner to make the next move. The first changeling went right next to the sleeping mare's ear and buzzed. She lazily opened her eyes, and then opened them wide in shock and screamed as the second changeling smashed the rock over her head and she was abruptly thrown out of consciousness.

---------------

Queen Chrysalis paced around her throne room, wondering which of the cities in Equestria would contain the most love. She made many guesses but she couldn't be certain. Two changelings suddenly flew into the room, carrying an azure unicorn with them.

"Good. You've brought a pony already. I'll take her to the laboratory now," said Chrysalis. "You two are dismissed."

The two changelings nodded and flew off into the rest of the hive to retire for the night.

The changeling queen went down the stairs to the laboratory, where the scientist was continuing his experiments.

"I have the DNA donor and she is unconscious." stated the Queen.

"Thank you, my Queen. I will begin making the hybrids immediately." replied the changeling. "Oh! Your majesty, I also wanted to thank you."

"Thank me for what?" inquired Chrysalis.

"For giving me a voice, of course." said the changeling. "It feels so good to finally be able to communicate with an intelligent language."

"Don't flatter yourself," snarled the Queen. "I only gave you that voice so you could tell me how things were going and ask for the things you needed. I didn't choose you because you were worthy or anything."

"O-of course, my Queen! I only m-meant to express gratitude toward this gift I do not deserve." said the shaking changeling.

"Well get to work! I'm going to need 100 hybrids by the end of this week. Get them done as fast as you can." ordered the Queen.

"Yes, my Queen! I'll get right on it!" replied the frightened changeling.

The Queen ascended up the stairs and sat on her throne, excited at the thought of the inevitable victory against the Royal Sisters.

The scientist looked at the mare that the queen had deposited on the floor. The scientist grabbed a syringe and filled it with a deadly substance. The mare then began to stir.

"W-what happened?" she asked, still a bit lightheaded.

"You're in a laboratory," said the changeling "I need you to hold very still, okay?"

"What are you doing? No one touches The Great and Powerful Trixie!" replied the still-dizzy mare.

"I'm very sorry about this but it's necessary" replied the changeling in a tone that Trixie thought sounded almost... sorry.

"Ow!" exclaimed Trixie as the scientist slid the needle into her leg and emptied the contents of the syringe into the unicorn's bloodstream.

"Just relax," said the changeling in a soothing voice. "The pain will all be over soon."

"W-what did you d-do?" said the mare, who was beginning to lose consciousness. "What d-did you inject i-into The G-great and P-powerful T-trixie?"

"Shhhhh" replied the changeling as Trixie went from a look of shock, to a look of sleepiness. The azure mare closed her eyes and submitted to the fast-acting poison.

The changeling scientist took another syringe and inserted it into the jugular artery on the mare's neck and proceeded to drain her blood. When the container had filled, he removed it and used another one, until he had drained all the blood from the now-pale unicorn.

"I'm sorry" whispered the scientist as he covered the body with a sheet and deposited the containers of blood on his desk.

The scientist emptied each of the containers into a large bucket and retrieved a small scooping utensil. He then removed a scoop of the blood and poured it into the shell of an artificial changeling, one of the hundred that he had created. The scientist repeated this process until the blood was all gone and every last changeling shell received the blood.

"Good. Now I just have to wait until the DNA from the pony merges with the DNA of the changeling, with the help of the artificial enzyme I made of course, and soon they will be ready. With the Queen's magic, there should be enough power to animate these hybrids and then I will have completed my duty." said the scientist. He climbed up the stairs and found the Queen.

"Your Majesty? I have prepared the hybrids. Now we must wait one week for the DNA to bond and then you can animate them." said the scientist.

"Excellent!" exclaimed the Queen. "My plan is about to begin! Thank you for your contribution to this. When I become the new ruler of Equestria, you will be the general of my military."

"Thank you, my Queen." replied the scientist. "I will now leave you to revel in the moment." The scientist left the throne room and the Queen sat back down on her throne.

"Ahh at last! My vision of becoming ruler of the most love-filled land is underway! By the end of this year, I will be residing in the Canterlot palace with the princesses gone and Equestria under my rule!" The Queen marveled at this and became giddy with excitement. "Soon, those princesses will understand what true power is. They will not know what hit them. Hahahahaha!"

Author's Note: I would like to thank Pizza Parker for co-writing this story along with me and I recommend reading his fanfic, Outlanders.

Comments ( 4 )

Hey guys. This is supposed to be a sort of prologue of the story and it just explains Queen Chrysalis' plan. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read it!

Very nice, excellent plot and the story itself was carried out nicely :twilightsmile: look forward to more!

Ouch! Poor Trixie. I mean, for the longest time I didn't like her either, but to just casually poison her and throw her away. Dang. It's very harsh.:applecry:

Let's see how it will roll

Login or register to comment