• Published 7th Mar 2019
  • 1,045 Views, 31 Comments

Beyond My Grave: Night Terrors - AnnEldest



The story continues with Luna and Discord trying to move on with their lives. But soon find out that their story is only just the beginning.

  • ...
5
 31
 1,045

A Cry For Help Part Two

After the little fight between Luna and Cadance, night had struck the sky. Cadance was tired and decided to head to bed. She first went out on the balcony and look up at the darkened sky. Cadance stared at the stars admiring their beauty. They were bright and lit up the darkened sky. One thing that Luna did right was always made each and every night just as beautiful as the last.

She soon trotted back inside to her bed. She wasn't overly enthusiastic about spending a night alone without Shining Armor.

She has spent nights without him before, but after the two incidents, she experienced she wanted anything but to be alone. At last, he had to go, so he left many guards in his place. He had ordered an extra watch and an all-night patrol. She should've been safe, but she still felt anxious.

She lay down and tried to ease her mind with little success. She stared at the darkened ceiling as all she could see was the mare's face and voice as she spoke those words. Luna was also on her mind. She couldn't help but feel bad about their fight. She really didn't want things to end like that. But Luna was right. She was no better than her when it came to being alone. Everypony had been trying to help her but she pushed them all away.

She thought hard about it until her head became numb. Her thoughts overwhelming her. She had enough of the day and she welcomed the peaceful night. Her eyes became heavier as her consciousness drifted off.

After about 2 hours of sleep, Cadance woke up to the sound of Flurry Heart crying. Her eyes wandered around them. She soon realized that her wandering eyes were all she could move. She tried to move her body, but it was in vain. She was completely paralyzed; glue to her own bed.

She tried and tried to move anything, but nothing would budge. She tried screaming for help. Only to be able to let out nothing more but a whisper. Was she dreaming? She hoped that this was a nightmare and that she would wake up soon. Soon after some time, something caught her eye. In the dark corner of the room, a tall outline of a figure could be made out.

The figure walked and dragged one of its legs along the floor. Cadance tried to scream with only a loud grunt coming out. She began to breathe heavily as the figure approached her.

It leaned over the bed and stared at her face to face. It was the same mare as before but something was very different about her this time. Her face was covered in blood and some of her skeletons showed through. Her hair was long and wet with dripping blood.

Cadance continued to struggle as she was faced with certain death. The mare just stared at her with a face made of pure rage.

Flurry’s cries could be heard from the hallway. The mare looked up towards the source of the cry and then back at Cadance. She then smiled with a mouth full of jagged teeth.

“She's my baby!” the mare's demonic voice yelled.

Blood oozed from the mare's mouth all over Cadance. The mare even opened Cadance's mouth allowing blood all in her mouth and down her throat. Cadance still couldn't scream, she could however move. She started flaring her arms and body in every direction. She started banging her head against the wall behind her and bouncing the bed up and down.

One of the guards heard the commotion and ran into the room. He found Cadance on the bed panting heavily and coughing.

“Princess Cadance, are you alright? What's wrong?” The silence was the guard's only response

He stood there for a long moment without saying nothing. Then all of a sudden, Cadance screamed as loud as she could. The guard ran up to her side of the bed where she was laying at.

"Are you okay, princess?"

Candace didn't answer. She only stood up from the bed and trotted out of the room without saying a word. With Shining Armor still keeping watch at night, Cadance didn't know what to make off the episodes she had been experiencing. She hasn't told anypony about them. She was scared about what they would think. She hardly knew what to think.

She kept a close eye on Flurry Heart since everything seemed to be centering around her. She wouldn't leave her alone and often tried to stay away from the castle; always keeping Flurry Heart with her at all times. She thought to be out and active would help her clear her head.

At last, she knew she would have to eventually return to the castle. Something was different about it though. It had a dark eerie feel to it. She always felt as if she was being watched. The eyes that stared down her neck didn't feel friendly though, just angry or envious.

It was early in the morning. Cadance was cleaning up Flurry Heart's room as Flurry played with her new toy on the floor. She picked up mainly toys and reorganized the shelves. She did everything she could to keep her mind distracting. It helped that Flurry wasn't acting up at all. She was always calm now and hardly caused any destruction anymore. It was still strange to Cadance but at the moment, she didn't mind it.

It was while she was cleaning when she noticed a stain in the corner of the room. The stain was pitch black and almost looked like mold. Cadance instantly graved a rag and sope and tried to clean it. It wouldn't come off though. No matter how much she scrubbed, the stain refused to leave.

She eventual was forced to face defeat when she heard Flurry laughing. She turned expecting to see Flurry Heart on the floor playing. However, that wasn't what she saw at all. In fact, Flurry Heart was nowhere in sight. Cadance signed and called her name as she walked out of the room. She wasn't freaked out as Flurry Heart often wondered about without warning or anypony knowing where she was.

"Flurry, where are you?"

She looked everywhere she possibly could; calling her name over and over. She never got a response. She went down to the library and even all the way up to the tippy top of the castle. Cadance found no trace of her.

She went back to Flurry Heart's room hoping she would be back that. Nothing. It was then she started to get worried. She had no idea where else Flurry could be.

"Flurry?"

Just as she was about to fly off to search, she heard a little laugh. It was Flurry Heart's and she knew it. She called out her name and heard it again. She looked around but saw no sign of her. She searched around trying to pinpoint the source of the laughter. She walked past a corner as she heard the laugh once more, clear as day. She went up to the wall and called out Flurry Heart's name in a question. Flurry’s laugh could be heard. Cadance knocked on the wall and continued to call her daughters name. Cadance was relieved to have finally found her. She figured flurry must have teleported in the wall accidentally.

As Cadance tried to find a way to get to her, she heard something else. She heard another ponies voice. She got closer to the wall so she could hear better. As she got right up to it she heard a long drawn out voice.

“My baby,” Was what the mysterious voice said.

The voice was familiar to Cadance and it made her go into a panic. She screams and started to pound on the wall trying to get to Flurry. She kept hearing the voice over and over as Flurry Heart continued to laugh. She pounded and pounded as hard as she could on the wall. She continued to scream as well.

The eventually started to crack and bits of it flew everywhere. She tore open the wall and even started using her teeth. At last there she was, Flurry Heart. Sitting inside the wall all by herself. All that remained was writing in red that said” my baby”.

“Leave her alone!!! You hear me?!" Cadance yelled at the top of her lungs.

There was a loud roar from the wall. Cadance began to back up with Flurry Heart in her arms. She needed to get out of there and fast. She turned around to leave only to see the same mare running at her.

“Princess Cadance?!” She yelled at her in question.

Cadance screamed and ran away from her as fast as she could. Everything was slowly becoming blurry for her. She didn't know what was happening to her. She kept on running until she could hardly see anything. She stopped running as the world around her kept spinning faster and faster. Something warm went down her head and into her eyes. She fell to the floor and let go of Flurry.

She then blacked out.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed. Things are getting really exciting here. I was going to post it yesterday but we lost the power at my house because of a storm. But it's back on now so here you go. It's 12:39 in the morning where I'm at. I stayed up late for this so I really do hope that I did well on this.

Till Next Time!!!!:pinkiehappy: