• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 580 Views, 18 Comments

Beginnings of the Race Swapper - Hexan Tronic



The story of a stallion who gains a unique ability, beginning from the past and going to the present

  • ...
2
 18
 580

Chapter 1 - What does that spell do?

I woke up to the sight of teal hoofs holding a blanket over me, along with rays of sunshine, streaming through my window. I got up and took some time to look at myself in my mirror. I saw a seven year old earth pony, with a teal coat, and a blonde mane and tail, along with purple eyes. I have unfortunately not obtained my cutie mark as of yet, but I was keeping my hopes high.

Suddenly I heard my mother calling for me, stating that breakfast was ready. I quickly trotted down the hallway towards the kitchen, able to smell pancakes and strawberry milkshake. As I was coming into the kitchen, I saw my mother, an earth pony mare, with a purple and indigo mane, light blue coat, and a spanner as her cutie mark; her name is Quick Fix. I noticed she was still cooking so I tried to get her attention, “Morning mom, that smells great!”.

After hearing my voice, Quick Fix turned around and gave me a quick hug, “Morning Hexan, sleep well?”. I nodde, then focused on the food, “ Yeah mom, is the food almost ready?” Quick Fix nodded and started to put the food on plates, and onto the table. “Yes dear, now, lets call your father. Bolt Buster, breakfast is ready!”. A male earth pony entered the kitchen from the hallway, possessing a coat of light green, a blonde and yellow mane, and a cracked bolt as his cutie mark.

“Morning dear, what’s for breakfast?” Bolt sat down at the table, while I took a seat as he turned to greet me, “Morning son, ready for school soon?”. I started eating, then replied, “Yes dad, just need to eat, then I’m gonna meet Gene on the way.”

Gene Caster, was my best friend. She’s a unicorn filly, two years older than me, with a mane of red and blue, along with a light red coat. Her cutie mark was a glowing double helix. “Looking forward to walking with her, aren't you Hex?” Bolt inquired teasingly. “Now Bolt, leave him alone, you know he’s a young colt.” Quick stated as I groan. “Nah I’m just messing with you son, I know you only see her as a friend” Bolt cleared his throat, before he began to eat, Quick sitting and eating her breakfast as well.

After a couple of minutes, all three of us finished eating, so I packed my lunch and prepared to leave. “See you guys later!”. I started walking towards the school as I heard my parents farewells. We live in a medium sized town named “Trotters Glade”. It is a fairly populated town, of all three races, a small business district, and a park.

About halfway to school, I saw Gene up ahead, “Hey Gene, wait up!’ I began to gallop to catch up to her as she stopped for me. “Morning Hexan!” Gene exclaims as we shared a hug. “Hey Hexan, you’ll never guess what I found!” Gene whispers to me. “What is it?” I question back. “Just wait and see, you’ll love it!” After stating that, she starts galloping to school, with me not far behind.

Nothing of any real interest happened at school, so it went by quickly. After the end of the day the bell rang, and I slipped on my saddle bags, before waiting for Gene at the door. Once she came out, we were walking to the park as she asked me a question I didn’t expect. “Remember when you told me you always feel like you were chained to the ground Hex?”. It took me a moment to remember and quickly nodded.

As we reached our hidden spot in the park, she continues, “Well I may have found a spell to help with that!” She then took out a spell book. I was a bit apprehensive as I saw the book, “This won’t be like the gender swap spell, will it?” I question with a little bit of fear. Gene giggled, which helps me to relax a little, “No Hexan, it's much better than that one!”. She started flipping through the pages until she found the spell she was looking for. “Okay Hexan, this was the one I wanted to try”. I looked at the spell, as I noticed it had pictures of the three races of ponies, Earth, Pegasi, and Unicorn, which makes me curious, “What is it supposed to do?”. I asked, hoping it is what I thought it was. Which she confirms a moment later, “It is a spell to temporarily change a pony’s race.”. I hop around, feeling excited, “Okay Gene, when can we start?” Gene smiled with excitement. “How about right now?”. She used her magic to hold me still. “Alright Hexy, it’ll only take a moment to cast it alright?”. I nodded to this and waited.

As many who know her knew, Gene Caster is very gifted in gene changing spells, making her have a very interesting spell pool. In fact, her changing my gender, hopefully as she stated, temporarily, is what got her, her cutie mark. As her horn began to glow, I waited for the spell. “Make sure you're focused on the race you want to be.” she told me before she casted the spell. As she casts it, I focused on a pegasi, since I have always had a fascination with them.

After a blinding flash, I felt a little lighter but not much different, so I looked at her confused, but since her mouth was agape, I asked her a question. “What's wrong Gene?” I looked at her with concern. “Nothing’s wrong Hexan, it worked!!” She exclaimed. I looked to my sides and saw wings, so I began running around our little glade in excitement, “I have wings, I have wings, I have wings, I have wings, I have wings…” I continued on like this for a couple minutes before I realised something… “Gene...How do I fly?”

Author's Note:

Welp, the end of the first chapter, what do you think, is it good, bad, needs work?
All chapters will be short for now, but will probably get longer as I go.
All ideas are welcome, even if not used.
Keep in mind, I know where the story is going, so what I say goes, but I can incorporate ideas into the story.
Also keep in mind, pictures will probably be added later.

Hexan.