• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,995 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,995

Chapter 3: Friendly and Unfriendly First Meetings

12:00 Lunch Time

After the bell rang, it was time for lunch. Everyone now had about an hour to take a break and get some food, or even take a break to slow down on all of the new information that was being thrown at everyone.

Trixie along with Adagio were just leaving their class, and were on their way to their lockers to go grab their stuff for lunch.

"So, how are you enjoying the classes so far?" Trixie asked.

"I must say, they're a massive improvement over the classes back at our old school." Adagio replied. "Especially since, well... these hallways don't seem to be as full as they should be."

Trixie blinked and she looked in front. She was right. There was barely a person in the hallway, it was like the entire place was just barren with only a few people looking after it.

"Some people get let out a little early than others." Trixie shrugged.

Adagio blinked but shrugged back. "Anyways, we should probably get our things."

The two walked over to Adagio's locker which was parked right next to Trixie's locker, and Adagio began to swivel the combination lock around, ready to unlock it. But as the two stood, they heard a very strange noise. They stopped for a moment and heard a very strange sound... The sound of hissing.

Adagio looked at Trixie with a confused look. "Do you hear that?"

"Oh, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears that." Trixie said with a worried look. Adagio leaned her head close to her locker and listened again, this tiem the sound was much more clearer. She heard slithering inside her locker accompanied by the hissing.

"I hope that's not what I think it is..." Adagio said with a worried look. She pulled the lock down. And once she did, she slowly backed up so her body would be behind the door, and she yanked it open. When she opened up, she nearly let out a shriek, for at that moment, a snake came slithering from the locker onto the ground, zipping the opposite direction from Trixie and Adagio.

"S-S-Snake!" Trixie freaked.

Adagio was just as shocked, but she didn't show it. She slowly peaked an eye into her locker, checking for anything else. Nothing.

"Its alright Trixie, its gone."

Trixie peaked her head out from behind Adagio. "I-Is it?"

"You'll be fine. Its gone now."

Trixie sighed in relief.

"How did that even make it into my locker?" Adagio asked, with her hands on her hips.

"I think I might have a good clue as to who did that. There's only one person with access to exotic animals..." Trixie gulped. "But I think maybe we should just ignore her for now..."

Adagio wanted to argue back, but Trixie was shaken up enough as it was. Maybe it wouldn't be good to provoke her even more.

"Alright, I suppose I can let it go for now, but I can't just let something like this slide. But, for the time, I can let it go." Adagio replied.

Trixie sighed in relief. "Oh, thank goodness. Let me tell you, the last person that tried to deal with her..." Trixie shuddered in fear. "I never saw her again, and that was the last time I looked at something adorable."

Adagio looked back at Trixie with a look of empathy. "Trixie? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, I just... I just don't want you to get hurt like, like the last girl."

"I don't scare easily." Adagio said with bravery. "Besides, if something like that happens again, I'm not gonna be afraid. I'm not going to let someone with snakes try and scare me away. And if they're going to mess with you... then they'll have to deal with me."

Trixie looked up at Adagio with a weak smile.

"R-Really?"

Adagio smiled.

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"Think of it, as my way of saying thank you for showing us around school."

Trixie didn't even know what to think here. "Y-You'd actually defend me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Adagio asked.

"B-But we just met! No one just sticks by to anyone you just met." Trixie said.

Adagio nodded. "A fair point, but you've been nothing but kind to me and my sisters since the day started. I kinda considered you actually being... a friend."

Trixie weakly smiled. "R-Really?"

Adagio gave another nod.

"I... I really don't know what to say. N-No one's ever wanted to be my friend..."

Adagio frowned. "Why not? Why would anyone not want to be friends with a sweetheart like you?"

Trixie's cheeks flushed a bit. "Well, everyone here at CHS sticks to their own kind. And even then, no one will ever help you if you need it, or stand up for you... and around here, no one ever thinks I'm much. All I am is just a geek..."

Trixie's eyes were tearing up and she sniffled.

"Hey now, no need to cry. Come here," Adagio said, grabbing a tissue and clearing the tears off her face. "Its okay. So what if you're different from everyone else? That's not a reason to dislike anyone. Tell you what, if you ever want to talk, I'm always here if you need me."

Trixie looked up at Adagio with tear-jerking eyes, but the smile was visible. "R-Really?"

Adagio nodded. And catching her off-guard, Trixie nearly lunged at her and gave her a big hug. Adagio was surprised at first, but she eventually hugged her too, and rubbed her back.

"T-Thank you..." Trixie whispered.

Adagio hugged her even more. "Its alright. I've got your back."

"And... I've got yours, too."

They broke out of the hug, and Trixie removed the rest of the tears from her eyes. There was no denying how happy she was at this very moment.

"Now what do you say we get to the cafeteria?" Adagio asked.

"I-I agree. I don't know about you but I could use some food."

Trixie opened up her locker and she pulled out a small lunch bag.

"Oh, but... I should probably be honest. I'm not entirely alone, I actually do have a friend, but, its only one... but now I've got you! That's two friends in total! Four counting your sisters!" Trixie said with some giddiness.

Adagio chuckled. "So, who's the other one?"

"Well, she's--"

The two of them flinched when the sound of clamored screaming broke out just down the hallway, accompanied by more shrieks.

"Perhaps we should go the other way? I think they might have found the snake." Trixie said, poking her head and looking down the hallway.

"I suppose so... but shouldn't we tell someone about--"

"--Knowing this school, someone will probably get ahold of it. Or... everyone will keep standing and screaming, and no one will do a thing to try and solve the problem and will instead just record everything on their phones for the internet to see."


Aria didn't want to admit it, but she was actually having a pretty decent day. She got along with everyone, everyone was kind to her in return, and the people were much friendlier. Adagio was right. This school was much better than she had expected.

Aria had already grabbed her lunch and she made it to the cafeteria room. Plenty of space for her to eat. But what surprised her was the different clusters of people sitting together. It looked like the same time of person was sitting with one another and no oddities were out. There were rockers sitting with rockers, sports players sitting with sports players, and so on. Thankfully there was still plenty of other tables for her to claim.

She walked past some of the other tables, and other passing by students. Barely any of which blinked an eye. But one in particular watched her go past some of the other students.

Aria took a seat at one of the tables with her lunch and she took stuff out, getting ready to eat. But as she started to pull stuff out, she stopped when she heard the sounds of footsteps coming behind her.

"You're in my seat."

Aria paused for a moment, and her eyes glanced to the side. She saw the same girl as before. Rainbow hair, cyan skin, it was enough to get a signal into her head.

Aria wanted to say 'get lost' but getting in trouble on the first day wouldn't be a good thing. And she could only imagine what her sisters would say. More lectures about getting in trouble on the first day, or even just lectures in general. So without showing any anger, she just took her belongings, got up and looked at the student in the eyes.

"Sorry. I'll move somewhere else."

Aria was about to walk away until she felt the splatter of food hit the back of her head which made her stop in her tracks. She looked back and saw who the source was, who just snickered at her.

"Hey, don't look at me, I didn't do it." she shrugged off, getting ready to move back in her seat.

But the minute she sat back down, she too received splatter of food at her direction, hitting the back of her head. Everyone in the cafeteria gasped and they all slowly turned their heads in the same direction everyone else was.

The rainbow-haired girl snarled and she looked back at Aria who was sneering back.

"There, now we're even." Aria said. She just wanted to get to her food as soon as possible, and not even worry about her for even a fraction of a second.

"Its never even, newbie." She huffed. "And you've just earned yourself a fight."

Aria looked back with furled eyebrows. "Do you think I'm going to waste my time, and take time out of my day, just for a fight that's not even worth it?"

No one said a thing, not a cough, or a sneeze, or the slight movement of the body. Everyone was in complete silence and no one was sure what would happen.

"You're new here, aren't you? You and those other two girls... yeah, I remember. You three are sisters, aren't you?"

"You leave my sisters out of this." Aria grumbled as she stomped a few feet forward.

"Angry, huh? Hurts when I talk about them?"

"No. I've just got issues when people throw my family into matters that they're not a part of."

Aria and Rainbow Dash both took steps towards each other and they were practically snarling and growling at each other. Their teeth were daggers and their eyes were nothing but empty voids filled with fiery death. But just as they were about to move closer--

"Oi!"

Aria looked to the side and took a step back. A girl dressed in black, with gray skin and an English accent had stepped in the way, and she was the one facing the rainbow haired girl now. And she could hear her chewing, and from the side she saw a bit of a strange pink bubble that was blowing bigger, and then pop.

"Why don't you go clear off, Rainbow Dash?" she snarled. "This girl has nothing to do with you, so why you going and picking on people the first day?"

"Because that's how everyone knows to NOT step out of line when they're with us," a new voice said.

That voice came from another student, this one looking having just as much similarities to the identified Rainbow Dash. This girl had a stetson on her head, a brown jacket over a blue jean-styled skirt, brown leggings, heeled boots, and her belt had a single picture of an apple.

"Applejack, I should have known you'd show your face around here." The English girl snarled.

"Octavia Melody. Why are you wastin' your time defendin' the newbie?"

"Because I have issues when deceptive hicks and egotistical rainbow-haired jerks pick on fights with no rhyme or reason." Octavia huffed.

"I reckon you're askin' for a lot of trouble by stickin' up for her." Applejack sneered.

"And I reckon that you clear off you lot!" Octavia barked, making them both back off.

Rainbow and Applejack sneered. "Fine, but don't expect us to be leavin' them alone anytime soon."

Rainbow chuckled. "I bet Pinkie Pie has already set up another one of her 'pranks' up for them."

The two girls laughed and they walked away out of the cafeteria, leaving the scene. Octavia snarled and gritted her teeth for a few seconds before taking a moment to inhale and exhale. "Blimey, I hate those girls..."

Everyone else was just standing and looking at the two girls in awkward silence.

"What are you lot staring at? Just get back to your food!"

Everyone shrugged and just continued to eat, leaving Aria time to take a good look at who just stood up for her. This girl had violet eyes, with a few hints of eyeliner to make them stand out. Her hair looked as if it was all sticking together in the middle, while it was all curled to hang on one end, with a single streak of purple in the middle. Her wrists were covered in black fingerless gloves, and she had a white T-shirt underneath her purple vest. A single pair of pink short jeans with an image of a treble clef hung as her belt buckle, and she had black sneakers.

"Sorry about that luv. I hope those girls didn't bother you much." Octavia said, helping clean off the food that splattered onto Aria, and popping another bubble in her bubblegum.

"I'm fine. A few threats aren't gonna do much to me." Aria groaned as she wiped the food off the back of her hair.

"Good to see you've got tough bones then." Octavia said, brushing off some crumbs. "My name's Octavia, Octavia Melody. Who are you?"

Aria cleared her throat, and she shook hands with Octavia. "Name's Aria. Aria Blaze."

"Well, its certainly a pleasure to make your acquaintance. You're a new student here, right?"

"Right."

Octavia grinned. "I thought you didn't look familiar. Good to see some new blood entered the school. Oh, I forgot. Please, have a seat."

"Thanks."

Octavia offered a table over to Aria, to which she accepted. Aria sat one one end, while Octavia sat on the other end. "No need to worry about those girls, I've got your back. And its nice to see someone who's not running away from me for a change."

Aria blinked. "Why would anyone run from you?"

Octavia huffed. "Oh, come on. Look at me? I look like I'm from a deathly metal band that does nothing but smoke in every scene I'm in. That's how everyone seems to outlook me as here."

Aria rolled her eyes. "Well I can tell you, that's not what I'm seeing. And actually... you look pretty cool."

Octavia blinked. "You... you really think so?"

Aria nodded with a genuine smile.

"Oh, well... thank you. No one's ever said something like that to me before." Octavia said quietly.

"Really? No one?"

"Well--"

"Octavia!"

Octavia looked behind her and smiled. "Trixie, so good to see you!"

Trixie took a seat next to her and Octavia raised her fist up to give her a fist bump. Trixie just giggled and gave her a fist bump. Adagio moved around and she sat next to Aria.

"Oh hi Aria!" Trixie smiled.

Aria chuckled. "Hey Trixie. You two know each other?"

"Are you kidding? This girl here is an absolute sweetheart and she's had my back for the longest time." Octavia grinned but then scowled. "Certainly better loyalty than Vinyl..."

Adagio and Aria both stared at Octavia with some worried looks along with some confusion. Octavia quickly caught on and chuckled a bit.

"Oh good heavens, I'm making the single worst first impression aren't I?"

"Trust me, this pales in comparison." Aria said. "Oh, this is my sister Adagio."

"Nice to meet you, miss...?"

"Octavia. And don't call me Miss, I really don't like that name." Octavia said, shaking hands with Adagio.

"Sorry. I'll try not to call you that."

"Hey, its your first day, don't beat yourself up about it. Now come on, talk, what brings you two here?" Octavia asked, sitting straight to look at them both.

"Actually, there's three." Trixie said, raising her fingers. "I think the other one is getting her food."

Adagio nodded. "Sonata sent me a text and said she would be getting her food, and hopefully--"

Adagio froze and she quickly turned back. Looking around, all she could see were people just eating away and talking to one another in their own little circle.

"Oi. You alright luv?"

Adagio sighed. "Sorry, I keep having this feeling like I'm being watched."

"You too?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, I... wait. What do you mean by 'you too?'" Adagio asked.

"When we got inside, I had this feeling like someone was watching me."

Trixie and Octavia's mouths drooped.

"I think I know who you're talking about..." Octavia said.

Trixie nodded. "Me too..."

Both of them looked at each other and spoke in unison.

"The Rainbooms."

Aria and Adagio were intrigued.

"Who?"

"The Sonic Rainbooms, I have a feeling its those girls who were watching you. They move around this school like vultures, and they keep their eyes on everyone." Octavia explained.

"But why?" Adagio asked.

Octavia and Trixie looked around, checking if anyone was watching.

"Perhaps we should..." Octavia whispered to Trixie.

"Not here, tell them outside of school." Trixie said. "They can't get us out there..."

"Good point." Octavia whispered back. "We'll explain to you two later. Those Rainbooms are bad news, and they're not girls to be trifled with. They're the worst kind of girls there are, and they're the ones who rule this school."

"I thought it was the Principal who runs the place?" Adagio asked.

"Technically, yes. But those Rainbooms act all friendly and happy when they're around any working staff member. None of them have picked up on their moves, but everyone else around here? Every student of this school knows their true colors."

"Well if they come near again, I think I'll have a few words to say." Aria said clenching her fists.

"Aria, we aren't going to go starting fights--"

"Rainbow Dash threatened you Adagio. And no one, no one threatens my sisters!" Aria growled. "And I swear, if I find another one of them around just to pick on us, I'll--"

"They will beat you no matter what you throw at them." Octavia interrupted. "The only thing you can do is to ignore them, and focus on what really matters here."

Aria groaned and she rubbed her temples. "Well if I'm not gonna be getting back at them, can someone please explain to me who's Pinkie Pie?"

"W-Why do you ask?" Trixie asked nervously, raising her head up from her food.

"They said she had a prank planned for us, but I don't know what that means." Aria said.

Everyone stopped eating for a moment. Octavia and Trixie both moved their heads up at the ceiling looking up. Nothing. They looked under the table. Nothing. They moved their heads to the sides of the cafeteria or anywhere to see if she was around. Nothing.

"Okay, well, I don't think she's going to be pranking us now. We should be safe." Octavia stated, checking one last time.

"Why are you looking around like that?" Aria asked.

"Let me explain something Aria, Pinkie can pop out of anywhere at any given time. I don't know how she does it, but she can springload her way from any given location without any rhyme or reason as to how she does it."

"But, what kind of pranks does she do?"

"Pretty mean ones." Trixie frowned. "Most commonly, she rigs things in people's lockers to explode in their faces. Mostly food, but she's rigged other things besides food."

"And you said Sonata's on her way to..." Octavia said, gasping at the reality of the situation. "Oh no..."

"What?"

"They said Pinkie Pie had a prank planned... well I have a good feeling as to who their next target is."

Author's Note:

Okay, so now we've gotten some more introductions done. Now just out of curiosity, do you guys think this is moving too slow, or too fast? What I'm trying to do is make it so we at least get some characters introduced in each chapter without rushing it, or going so slow to the point it becomes boring.


Just wanted to ask is all. Hope you continue to enjoy it and have a great day! :twilightsmile: