• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 418 Views, 5 Comments

A Birthday Party to Cure a Birthday - StatiZkyZ



Pinkie Pie meets a pony that's terrified of something that she does best

  • ...
 5
 418

Chapter 1: The Pegasus Victim of the Incident

Pinkie Pie's basement is considered as an uncharted territory for other ponies. What's down there is a subject of debate. Some ponies said it's a vault filled with all kinds of sweet treats known to ponykind, while others say it's a place where ponies got 'turned' into cupcakes, which is absurd, to say the least. In truth, it works as Pinkie's party planning headquarters. All of Pinkie's tools of trade from streamers to chocolate fountains are present, including some of her party cannons. A list of Ponyville residents, including their birthdays and info were kept in a large cabinet, among other things amongst them that Pinkie somehow got. It's a daily routine for Pinkie to check the the list to find out whose birthday it is today.

And today, according to the pink pony's birthday calendar, is the birthday of...

"Ooh! It's Blue Streak's birthday today!" Pinkie clapped her hooves in joy.

Blue Streak is the most recent newcomer to Ponyville. The blue pegasus marks his first year living in Ponyville. Although he's a colt of few words, he's been known as a friendly and nice pony once he opens up to somepony. She remembers when she first meet him in her 'Welcome to Ponyville!" party. It's always a bit awkward for somepony when she does throws that party, but in the end, Blue Streak said that he 'really enjoys it'. Since then, Pinkie and him become good friends in mere months.

This will be the first time Blue Streak celebrates his birthday in Ponyville. Pinkie can already imagine the festives in her head. Colorful balloons and streamers will liven the atmosphere, all the yummy and sweet goodies, oh, the joys of a party! Of course, since this is Blue Streak's first birthday party in Ponyville, it's going to be extra special! She can't wait to prepare everything for the moment. And so, Pinkie bounced happily deeper into her basement, collecting everything needed for the party.



With a whip of his wing, Blue Streak styles his signature long black mane that slightly covers his right eye, smiling at himself at the mirror. He's going through his morning routine, making himself look presentable after a quick breakfast and shower. He took a quick glance at the calendar beside the mirror, but his expression only turns grim.

"Sigh... Last day off." The pegasus had requested a few days off because he's not feeling too well lately. Although he recovered very quickly after a good day rest at home. This gives him some holidays where, he's well enough to go to work, but he already told his supervisor that he needs several days to rest. Some ponies might call this slacking, but in reality, Blue Streak is far from being a lazy pony at his job.

Today, the colt realized that he needs to do some shopping to replenish his diminishing food supply. A bag of apples from the market would be lovely. Wearing his saddlebags, Blue opens his front door and takes a step outside.

"SURPRISE!!"

And was forced several steps back when Pinkie appeared right in front of his face.

Blue Streak fell onto his rump on the floor, looking confused as confetties from nowhere appears behind the pink mare, who's standing tall on her two legs, spreading her forehooves wide. It took the pegasus a few moments before registering what just happened a few seconds ago.

"O-Oh, Pinkie..." He chuckled, albeit a bit nervously. "What brings you here early?"

"What else, silly? Don't you know what day it is today?" Pinkie shoves her grin pasted face to the pegasus.

"Uh..." Blue Streak's yellow eyes started to zip around nervously. "It's... Tuesday, right?" That response made Pinkie giggle as she booped the blue pegasus.

"Well, you are right! But do you know what's special about this Tuesday? We're going to have a party! Because it's your birthday!" More random confetti shoots out from thin air as Pinkie repeated her motion when she first met Blue today.

Suddenly, time seems to froze briefly for the two ponies. Pinkie expected a response from Blue, but none came. Not a happy response, not a shrug like those ponies who don't really care about their birthday (Something that Pinkie still fail to understand), not even any kind of sound. Instead, Pinkie got a brand new response that's she never expected to get when she reminds somepony of their birthday.

Blue Streak is hyperventilating. His pupils shrunk, and he continuously exhales noisily, as if having a panic attack. He seems to be mumbling something as well, but too incoherent for Pinkie to understand. Sweat drenches his body, literally whipping a storm over nothing. Realizing something is wrong, the pink mare shot a confused look at the colt.

"Blue? Are you alright?" Pinkie raised an eyebrow. Eventually, Blue Streak manages to control his breathing again as he stood up. He still looks like a nervous wreck, though, his eyes can't stop zipping around. With a worried look, he speaks up.

"Pinkie, listen... You're a good friend, b-but..." Blue slightly shoved Pinkie into his house so he can close the door. "P-Please don't tell anypony about this..."

"About what?" Now Pinkie is even more confused. Usually, the pink pony is known to be rather childish and naive, but she knows something is wrong, and Blue Streak is going to do some serious talk. She is also been curious, how can a birthday party cause a pony to act this way, anyway? She hopes that this terrified pegasus can shed some light.



"I am afraid of birthday parties."



Now that's something that rivals Twilight's fear of quesadillas. Quesadillas are... cheesy, for one thing. But birthday parties? Is it the balloons? It can't be, there's nothing bad about balloons. The cakes? She got a nightmare about monster cakes with Princess Luna once, and she's still not afraid of them. The chocolate fountain? You can just drink it, there's no harm at all. There's just nothing in a birthday party in Pinkie's head that can be scary.

"Why?" Came a simple question from the pink mare. Blue Streak shakily exhales, and looked at Pinkie with almost pleading eyes.



"It's all because of my... classmates... happened six years ago..."

Author's Note:

Well? What do you think happened six years ago? :rainbowderp: