• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,464 Views, 17 Comments

Heart of Vinyl - Jeta

  • ...
0
 17
 1,464

The Train

Vinyl Scratch sat in the middle of her empty flat in Manehattan, looking at the barren walls, trying to remember all the good times she had there. She had already closed and sold the building she held her club in.
Nothing remained in the apartment except her and the case of her DJ equipment she was bringing with her to Ponyville. She was moving there. She had sold her apartment, and had no idea where to go, so she thought she would try somewhere quiet. She had only been to Ponyville once before, and decided to stay there for a while.
Finally, after an hour of staring at blank walls she got up, put her shades over her ruby colored eyes, and departed her flat for the final time. She was supposed to be at the train station in fifteen minutes, and had to hurry.
...
Vinyl Scratch was walking down the crowded streets of Manehattan. She had to dodge fans while still trying to get to the train station quickly. It was not the life she dreamed of having. Technically, it was, but it wasn't as fun once she finally found out what it was like to have stalkers.
"Vinyl!" Came the voice of a good old friend. Vinyl Scratch never had a problem with her best friend, but she was too uptight. She was always there for Vinyl, but had the attention span of a goldfish, unless it was about music. "Vinyl Scratch! Where are you going?" She continued smiling, but looked confused.
"I'm leaving, Octavia. Im going to Ponyville." Vinyl scratch answered.
Octavia began laughing, excessively. "Oh, Vinyl, silly! Where are you going, do you have a gig somewhere?"
"Im not joking, 'Tavi. This is too much for me. I just need a quiet place to think." Vinyl said sternly.
Octavia was more serious now. "I understand. I hope you have a splendid time. And if you do come back, let me be the first to know."
"You got it, 'Tavi. Maybe you can visit sometime, too." Vinyl smiled at her slightly impared friend.
Octavia had an accident a few years back, and Vinyl had seen what happened and given her CPR. Vinyl had studied psychological science in high school and found she had a very bad concussion. All she could remember is that she played Cello in an orchestra. Ever since then she had been mentally impared to where she acted like a filly. She was very kind and faithful, but had the mind of an adult. Vinyl thought she was the lucky one.
"Octavia, if you ever need me, just send a message to ponyville with my name on it." Vinyl Scratch hugged Octavia.
"I love you, Vinyl Scratch." She said as if a child would to a sister.
"I love you too, Octavia." Vinyl said as she let go of the mare and walked towards the train station.
...

"All aboard!" Called a grey unicorn, apparently the conductor.
Vinyl Scratch gave him her ticket and boarded the train, then began searching for a seat. She sat down in an empty row and tried not to look worried about her equipment in the cargo car.
After about half an hour, Vinyl Scratch looked out the window to see a lavender unicorn materialize seemingly out of nowhere, then run to the conductor and give him her ticket. She tripped into the door and sat in the seat next to Vinyl Scratch.
"Hello," The purple unicorn said after a few minutes of silence. "since we are going to be sitting here for a while, I guess it would be nice to not be a stranger. I'm Twilight Sparkle."
Vinyl turned and looked at Twilight, and replied, "Vinyl Scratch."
Twilight's jaw literally dropped at the name and the glasses. "You DJ-ed at my brother's reception in Canterlot, remember?"
"Oh, yeah, I remember." Vinyl Scratch thought for a minute. "OH! You sang that one song! I called it 'Love's in Bloom'. I didn't know what you called it." Vinyl grinned.
"Thats right." Twilight answered, "And I didnt really have a name for it. I just came up with it."
"So, Twilight," Vinyl Scratch began, as the train began to move, "what are you doing in Manehattan?"
"Well, I was on official business for the Princess. She had me doing a survey of an open field." Twilight then said in a hushed tone, "She's planning on having the next Summer's Sun Celebration there."
"Oh, thats right, you're Princess Celestia's star student. Is it strange being so close to royalty?" Vinyl Scratch asked.
"Sometimes. It has its ups and downs. Like there was this one time where..."
After that Vinyl Scratch just listened and nodded when Twilight paused to take a breath.
"... So, are you headed to Ponyville?"
Vinyl shook herself back into reality. "Oh, yeah, I guess I am."
"Where are you staying?" Twilight asked.
"Well, I was hoping to stay at a hotel or something for a couple of nights." Vinyl Scratch replied.
"Um, Vinyl... There are no hotels in Ponyville." Twilight said. "But you can stay with me! I have an extra room in the library."
"Thanks, Twi! I can call you that, right?" Vinyl asked.
"Sure!" Twilight answered. "My friends call me that sometimes."
Vinyl Scratch liked this strange lavender pony. 'I haven't even gotten to Ponyville yet and I've already made a friend.' Vinyl thought. 'I guess I'm making progress.'