• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,116 Views, 6 Comments

The Second Story of Sky Blue - Capulus



The sequel to my story The Story of Sky Blue. Credit to Zoom_The_Kid for the idea, and antagonist.

  • ...
2
 6
 1,116

Preparation

Sky woke up to her alarm, and for the first time in two months, the familiar weight of Rainbow on the other side of the bed wasn’t there. And she wasn’t sleeping on Rainbow’s cloud mattress either. Instead, she was sleeping on the couch in Rarity’s boutique, as the white unicorn had insisted that they not see each other before the wedding. Rarity is acting strange... I wonder what’s gotten into her? You know what, I’m just going to ask her, no matter what Rainbow says. I want to know what is wrong, so I can help her out with it.
Sky stretched out, and trotted over to Rarity’s bedroom door. She knocked softly, but there was no answer. She was about to knock harder, but then she heard the sound of quiet crying. Sky pushed the door open, and she saw Rarity dive under her sheets, wiping her face on her blanket.
“Rarity, what’s wrong? You’ve been acting weird for days now.”
“Oh, *sniffle* nothing darling. Everything’s fine...”
“Rarity, you don’t need to be Applejack to know how much of a lie that is. Please... Tell me what’s wrong!”
Rarity looked Sky right in the eyes, and Sky saw the white Unicorn thinking something over. Sky climbed onto the bed and hugged Rarity.
“It’s okay... You can tell me.” She rubbed Rarity comfortingly on her shoulder, and the unicorn burst into tears.
“I guess I should have realised you were going to ask me sooner or later. The Element of Knowledge is good at finding things out. Ever since Ewan and I broke up--” Sky looked confused at this and Rarity sighed “--the fashion designer, remember? Well, ever since we broke up, I’ve been wondering what I would do with my life. Then I just got up one day and started doing what I had been doing for the past few years.
Designing. One day, I came across an old book. I opened it, and I saw it was my old wedding book. I remembered planning my dream wedding. It was going to be traditional, beautiful, regal! I had wished that it would take place in The Hall Of The Elements. So when you two told me about your venue, I remembered my wedding book, and I just went off of my knowledge of that. Your wedding, I am ashamed to say, is my dream wedding.”
“Why are you ashamed? I understand how you feel. You were depressed, and you pulled through it in your own special Rarity way. In fact, I’m honoured that you think of me and Rainbow Dash as worthy of getting such a beautiful wedding. When you get married, I’m sure I can ask Celestia for another favour. You could have your perfect wedding, just like you dreamed. I know Celestia would make sure it was attended by the most royal ponies. But if that Blueblood prick showed up, I would kick his arse halfway across Equestria for showing up. In fact, I would make sure he was invited just so I could.” Rarity just cried more, but Sky could hear some laughter in there, and soon Rarity was laughing like a madmare. She calmed down, looked Sky right in the eyes again, and said;
“Never speak to anyone about this, alright?”
“Of course not.”
“Swear?”
“Yes.”
“Pinkie Pie swear?”
Sky smiled, and repeated the swear Pinkie had said to her on a few separate occasions.
“Cross my heart,
And hope to fly,
Stick a cupcake in my eye.” Rarity smiled again, and they got off of the bed. Rarity looked Sky up and down.
“Well, I know your mane needs about an hour’s worth of grooming before we put your dress on. We’ll need to hurry though, because the wedding is at 3:00, and it takes at least two hours to get to Canterlot.”
“But it’s 7:00 now!”
“Sorry, Sky. It’s an unwritten rule among Bridesmaids to get the bride there hours too early so they can worry their heads off. I know Applejack and Fluttershy wake up early, so I have put them in charge of getting Pinkie Pie up and getting Rainbow Dash to Fluttershy’s cottage respectively.”
“I haven’t seen Rainbow’s dress. It isn’t too frilly, is it?”
“I just took her Grand Galloping Gala dress and added a few wedding-y touches.”
With this, Rarity dragged Sky into the main area of the boutique, where Twilight was setting up a large vanity mirror with her magic.
“Ummm, no offense Twilight, but... Do you have any experience with makeovers? Like, personally, not ones given to you by Rarity?”
“I have read quite a few books on the subject, yes.”
“Okay.” Sky was relieved, because when Twilight read a book on how to do something, she was usually good at it.
Sky spent the next hour having her mane brushed, her nails cleaned, --and after a fight to rival mothers’ and daughters’ ones everywhere-- Sky grudgingly let them put a little bit of makeup on her face. She didn’t want to be made up too much. She knew in her heart that Rainbow wouldn’t be, and she didn’t want to look like an idiot by wearing more makeup than her. After a long makeover, she was put into her dress, and when she saw it in the mirror, it took her breath away. It was a dark green, with streaks of blue, and black. On her head she wore a small circlet, wound together out of... Changeling tea leaves? Nice touch Rarity. There were a few words imprinted on the dress itself in white writing, and upon closer inspection, Sky saw, written in the same language she used for her spells, the words;
Love,
Happiness,
Hope,
And,
Prosperity, In rings around the waist, forming a sort of belt.
“Is that why you asked me for some words in the magic language a few day ago, Twilight?”
“Yes, I knew Rarity was struggling a bit for ideas for decoration, and I came up with that.”
Rarity smiled nervously.
“Are the colours okay? I just thought of the greens, because of your time with the Changelings, the blue, because of your name, and your coat, and the black because--”
“Of my relationship with Chrysalis. I love it. It shows that not everything is untarnished. Even the youngest --or in this case, newest-- have their troubles and problems.”
Rarity’s jaw dropped.
“Y-yes. So, you’re not offended?”
“Of course not! I said I loved it, didn’t I?”
Rarity blushed, and had a satisfied smile on her face as she led Sky outside into her carriage.
“I’m just glad Applejack had that gem. She said she found it in her orchard a few days ago, so it counts as new. And the pouch we’re using for the rings I’ve had for years, so that’s old.” Twilight, Rarity, and the extremely excited Sky sat and talked about this and other wedding-related things on their way to Canterlot.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy had only just managed to get Rainbow Dash out of bed, and they were on their way to Fluttershy’s cottage, where AJ would be waiting with Pinkie Pie. They touched down, and Rainbow let out an exaggerated yawn as they walked in to the cottage. Before she could even close her mouth, she felt somepony push her into a chair, where she could see Fluttershy approaching with a huge makeup kit.
“Woah! No way! I’m not having makeup!”
“Sky will!”
“And?”
“You don’t want her to look bad being the only one with makeup on, do you?”
“Fine! But put on too much. I know Sky won’t.”
“Alright.”
An uncomfortable few minutes passed, and then they went to work on Rainbow’s mane. When that was over, Rainbow was pulled up and given her dress, and then ushered into Fluttershy’s bedroom. Rainbow recognised her dress from the Grand Galloping Gala, and put it on, and when she looked in the mirror, her breath was taken away. AJ, Fluttershy and Pinkie came in, and sighed with relief.
She was happy. They had been afraid she would hate it. Pinkie tapped ‘Dash on the shoulder, and when Rainbow turned to them, she had tears in her eyes. AJ was the first to react, and hugged her tightly.
“What’s the matter, Sugarcube?”
“It’s all so perfect. Something is going to go wrong, I know it. Things are going too well.”
“Don’t say that Rainbow! My parties are always successes! More or less...” Pinkie frowned for a moment, but then smiled again. “Don’t worry, if anyone tries to ruin today, I’ll never invite them to another one of my parties for as long as they live!”
“Thanks Pinkie.” Rainbow laughed, and Fluttershy offered Rainbow a handkerchief to wipe her eyes, which the blue pegasus gratefully accepted.
“Everything is going to be perfect. I promise.”
And with this, the four now happy ponies left, got into their carriage and left for Canterlot, talking and laughing all the while.

Zoom had woken up and looked at the clock, to see that it was 11:00. He got up, and saw another note from Applejack on his bedside table.
Zoom,
Sky’s wedding is today! I’ve left you an invitation, Rarity made one up for you. I understand if you don’t want to come, but I feel that you would enjoy yourself if you did. It’s in Canterlot. I’m sure you’ll be able to get a carriage. It’s at 3:00.
Hoping to see you there,
Applejack
Oh, I’ll be there alright. I’ve been waiting for this for days. Zoom brushed his mane quickly, and went to leave. WAIT! Yo-- My saddlebags! I might need them! Zoom went back, a little confused. He checked through them, and saw the talon in the bottom, with so many cracks in it it looked like it was about to fall apart. He disregarded this, and put his saddlebags on his back. Then he left Sweet Apple Acres, for the wedding, and his inevitable revenge.