• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 357 Views, 7 Comments

Friends With a Spy - cakestealer



Vinyl, Octavia, and Derpy may learn some interesting things about each other.

  • ...
 7
 357

Chapter 6 : Dinner

Octavia had practiced with her orchestra the whole day, was exhausted, and was packing up her cello. Then a certain pony came rushing up to her looking panicked.

“Vinyl whats wrong? You look worried.”

“Umm, I’m not sure how to put this but,” Vinyl leaned in closer and whispered in Octavia’s ear, “I’m pretty sure Derpy is a spy and now an assassin is coming for me.”

“Vinyl are you okay?”

“No you don’t understand I’m serious I found a secret room and there was a bunch of weapons and a camera was watching me.”

“Ok, Vinyl you’ve obviously had a long and exhausting day so I think you should sit down and take a deep breath.” Said Octavia, who looked very worried.

Vinyl sighed and looked at Octavia, slightly aggravated. “You know what? Just follow me home quickly and I’ll show you if Derpy isn’t there.

“Fine Vinyl I’ll let you show me whatever this spy base is.”

Octavia finished storing away her cello and put it in the storage room. Then she followed Vinyl out the door who started walking rather fast. They passed by other ponies who briefly stopped their conversations and stared. Vinyl started walking even faster and broke into a cold sweat. She passed the donut shop and thought about where Derpy was.

I wonder if she's already at the house waiting to take me down. I thought Derpy was innocent but NO she just had to go and be a spy didn’t she.

They finally reached the door and Vinyl stopped and slowly opened it.

“Vinyl what are you-”

“Quiet!”

Vinyl went inside slowly and listened. She didn’t hear anything so she started running up the stairs. Octavia ran after her and almost smacked into her when she abruptly stopped in front of the upstairs closet and swung open the door. She leaned down and did something Octavia couldn’t make out. Then she heard a noise come from Derpy’s room and suddenly went very quiet.

“Follow me.” Said Vinyl.

They went to Derpy’s room and Vinyl peeked around the corner. She then went in the room with Octavia behind her. Octavia looked over and gasped.

“Is that a-a secret door?”

“See I told you!”

Oh sweet Celestia, Derpy is a spy! What do we do now? Is Vinyl actually going to get assassinated? Ok Octavia, think rational. The best plan would be to… calmly ask her. I think that would be the best plan at least.

“Ok, Vinyl I have an idea. How about we just calmly ask her?”

“But what if she has to keep it a secret and then has to take us out because we know?”

“I don’t think she would do that. I mean she’s been so kind to us the whole time we’ve known her.”

“But the whole time we’ve known her we didn’t know she was a spy.”

“I still think it’s worth a try Vinyl.” Replied Octavia.

“Fine.” Said Vinyl.

Later that evening they were all sitting at the table eating dinner. Vinyl was fidgeting with her hooves but nobody could tell. Octavia sighed and looked at Derpy. Who looked back questioningly.

“Octavia is something wrong?”

“Derpy are you… a spy?”

At first Derpy looked shocked and started laughing nervously. But then she stopped and asked, “How did you know?”

“I didn’t find out ask Vinyl.”

Derpy turned to Vinyl who looked worried and asked, “Are we going to be assassinated?”

“What? No! Vinyl what are you talking about?”

“Well I was just worried that since we found out your secret we would get taken out.”

“No of course not! Just explain everything and I will figure something out.”

“Ok so first I decided to clean my window. I went looking for the window cleaner for an hour and then I found it in the closet. I leaned down to grab it, then fell on it and heard something. I found the weird secret door in your room and went down the ladder. Then I flipped some of the switches, saw a camera, and ran to tell Octy.”

“Ok, thank you for telling me. I know this is probably quite the shock for you two so just stay calm. I have to go think about this over a muffin. I’ll see you later.”

Vinyl and Octavia looked at each other with extremely confused expressions. Then they decided to just finish eating dinner for now.