• Published 27th Mar 2018
  • 1,959 Views, 26 Comments

My Little Pony Equestria Girls - Gundam Extreme Versus Magic - GundamBrony



The Rainbooms prepare for a new battle with Equestria magic now on the line as a new danger arise, pitting Magic against Machines......

  • ...
4
 26
 1,959

Chapter 4 - Unknown Energy

After Mirror Magic

Night came and everyone was sleeping while stores or restaurants are open for midnight shifts. Most of the people do their nighttime activities while some headed back home to sleep for the day.

In the abandoned motel, Ex was learning his new spectrometer while writing down the events that happen this day on his notepad. So far, he wrote what he knows about the strange anomalies that happen along with a newspaper article about it and the one about it during the Friendship Games and photos of the Rainbooms lined up on the string to Canterlot High.

"If the girls are involved in the strange anomalies, then I can try to go back to the school but I can't let anyone know where I am, nor go on the daytime. Nighttime would be best to go. I can use my spectrometer to gather data about it. It's a good thing I found a computer that's still working." Ex muttered.

'Yes, it would be wise to wait before conduct your search.......' a fainted voice was heard yet he was not disturbed by it.

"Yeah, I wonder if I can be free from this world and find my place?" he muttered.

'You will find it and free from this sinful world.'

"Yes, I must do it. I once believe in friendship and family but it's nothing more than a lie, a wasteful emotion. I can find a place where I truly belong and leave this world." Ex said.

'Yes, friendship and family are wasteful thought, you only need is yourself, no one else.'

He nodded then set his stuff down and sleep through with a music played on his iPhone attach to an earphone on his ears before begin to softly sing it.

Oh God. I'm Alone.

When the sun sets, moon starts shining,

they say it is so Romantic

But I don’t feel that way, so nostalgic

It reminds me all about you

I feel so lonely

All the memories, They are all gone

What a beauty! All those days have gone, is it true?

All the memories, They are all gone

Oh god, I’m alone

I lost happiest moment of life

But whenever people say, it’s so “Romantic”

It reminds me all about you

I feel so lonely

I don’t feel that way, I cry my heart out

Deep in my heart, I think about you

I feel so lonely

'I'll find my place. A place I can be home.' Ex muttered before fall into a deep sleep.


Morning came and the students continue their education at Canterlot High. Upon after school came, the Rainbooms and Starlight came to the music room.

"So what's like to be part of the band?" Starlight asked.

"It was the awesome thing that we did since we form for the Canterlot High Musical Contest event." Rainbow Dash replied.

"Except the part where the sirens use their dark magic and making the students go all competitive." Applejack said.

"Please don't remind me of that, darling. I had to deal with that bad memory on that day." Rarity said, earning a chuckle from Sunset.

"You think I can be part of it too?" Starlight asked. The girls look at each other before Rainbow stated.

"Of course, but we need to find which instruments you're good at it," Sunset said.

Starlight nodded then notice Twilight feeling distant a bit.

"You okay, Twilight?"

"Huh?" she looks back at her and nodded "Yeah, I'm fine. Just got a lot of things in my mind."

"You sure? I hope it doesn't get in the way of our songs that Fluttershy made." Rainbow asked and she nodded.

"I'm fine really, girls. Now c'mon, we got a song to play." Twilight said.

The girls looked at each other then nodded and grab their respective instruments. With Pinkie tap her drumsticks, the girls begin to sing the music Fluttershy made. Starlight was bobbing her head in enjoyment at the song and while the song is in perfect sync, Twilight's mind remembers something before Juniper's madness started.

Flashback

At Chrono's house, Twilight knock on the door. Then the door open and Time Break and River Bend appeared.

"Twilight Sparkle, so glad to see you again." Time Break said.

"It's good to see you again, Mr. Break," she said.

"The pleasure is mine, please do come in."

She enters and examines the place. It was filled with some boxes yet there are some items of furniture in the living room. A cracked was seen on a soft gold wall but was covered in white putty sealing half of it. From a glance at the kitchen, it was small yet a little bigger for two or three people to walk through.

Twilight sat down on the chair as Time Break gave her some tea while passing down two coffee to each other.

"Thanks"

Twilight take a sip and smile at the aroma.

"So Twilight, have you got the chance to find our son?" River Bend asked only to receive a no from her gesture of her head.

"We tried but so far no luck. Rainbow and Applejack checked around the city, Sunset and Fluttershy look at the downtown, Pinkie and Rarity look over at the mall too but so far no sign of him. Even I asked Timber and Glorisa to see if he was at Camp Everfree but the result is the same. "

Both parents sighed in depression.

"Ohhhhh, where our son can be...." River Bend moan in sadness and Time Break rubbed her shoulder, trying to calm her.

Twilight felt sad, seeing them like this "If there's somewhere that can help us in finding Chrono, I can see if I can create a tracking device of his DNA to locate him."

Both of the looks at each other then nodded.

"Upstairs, in his room, there's should be his stuff that can help you." Time Break pointed and she walked up to his room. It was simple yet there are some boxes stacked on the left. A wooden table was seen on the Northeast along with bright wooden shelves. The bed was simple, filled with only blankets scattered and pillow with manga books.

"There's not much on which one that can help me find him," Twilight said while examing the room. She looks around until she found something caught her interest: a robot toy wielding a mace and a sword in the back with the strangest design including the waist being bare, from the pistons she saw.

"Wonder what kind of robot he's collecting?" she wonders while examining it.

"That's a Gundam, Twilight." Time Break said, earning the attention of her.

"Gundam?"

"Yes, Chrono has a huge obsession with the series Mobile Suit Gundam, a popular series from Japan that's been spreading across the world and gaining a great deal of popularity. He often collects a lot of model kits and builds them, imagines himself being a pilot of them in a fictional war setting."

"Seems like he does have a huge obsession with it." She trailed off seeing a lot of model kit boxes laid on the side of the wall.

"I know, we tried to get our son to find other things to get his outlet going but he's pretty stubborn on keeping his path of being a builder." Time Break chuckled remembering a good memory.

Twilight gave one more glance and thought about it.

"Mr. Break, you don't mind if I borrow this one? I think I can use it to find him, I just need something to help me with it."

Time Break nodded "Of course, Twilight."

End Flashback

"Twilight, you're going off the track of the music!" Rainbow's voice snapped out of her stupor and realize what she did. The music stopped a bit and the girls glanced at her.

"Sorry, girls. Just got something in my mind...."

"About what?" Starlight asked, not knowing the situation of her human friend.

"It's nothing, Starlight. Nothing to worried about!" Twilight tried to divert the problem "How about we get back to the music, and-"

"Twilight, darling, were you thinking about Chrono?" Rarity asked and she froze up a bit.

"Um, well....." Twilight trying to draw the attention, but nothing came up and she sighed "Okay, yeah, just thinking about him."

"Chrono?" Starlight asked "Who's that?"

The Rainbooms looked at each other before Sunset spoke "Well, it's complicated, Starlight. Chrono is a new student at Canterlot High but he ran away and went missing on the second day of school."

"But what for?"

"From what his parents told us, he used to believe in Friendship but lost faith in it after he and his parents went job hunting across the countries. Because of that, when we met him, he was a cold-hearted and violent." Twilight explained.

Starlight was shocked. She never knew that Chrono would lose his faith in friendship but also the way Sunset and Twilight spoke about him, it was a familiar feeling: the feeling that she once have before Princess Twilight reform her.

"So do you where he is?" Starlight asked.

"We don't know, we tried searching everywhere for him in Canterlot City and such but no luck," Rainbow said.

"But we can't give up on him," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, all we need to do is find him and get the friendship back to him." Pinkie said.

The girls nodded at their Party Girl's enthusiasm. Soon, after their practice, they decide to head back home with Starlight decide to stay at Sunset's home and the sunset to dusk.


At midnight, everything was quiet around the sleeping building of Canterlot High. A shadow rushed a tree branch and bent down towards the bush. A pair of dark blue eyes squinted at the surrounding, the rushed out and the shadow being checked its arm and the gauntlet continue to glow brighter towards the statue.

"This must be it," Ex muttered and he placed his right hand and touch only a ripple was heard.

"So that must be the source of it." he smirked darkly "Well, I guess it's time to examine this 'magic'.

With a thrust of his left hand, the Spectrometer Gauntlet glow brighter and magical energies begin to absorb into it until all of it was gone. Ex place the hand on the mirror again only to feel a normal mirror.

"Incredible.......so this is the magic.......I never felt so much............power within me." His eyes glow dark blue and a wicked smile.

"Now let's see what my new power is capable of."

Through careful turns and hiding from people, he returns to the abandoned motel. Upon setting his stuff down, he glances at his now fully charged Spectrometer Gauntlet.

"To be honest, I never smile at anything ever since I threw away Friendship but this......." he gripped it tightly "this does bring my smile."

'Now you can escape this foul world and create a new one.' the whispers echoed eerily. 'Use that power and create your own paradise!'

"Yes, I will escape this rotten world and create a new one!!" he thrust his gauntlet into a wall and sparks of energies surge around and open a portal.

'Good, good, enter it and explore your own new world you truly desire.' the whispers echoed and Ex enters the portal.


5 days later

After a few days of showing Starlight around the city as well as getting a ticket for the new Daring Doo movie but this time having Juniper Montage as Starlight's friend, the Rainbooms were at the front of the statue, knowing that Starlight had to go back to Equestria.

"I got to say, the movie was pretty good but I like the book better." Starlight said.

"Yeah, but you got to admitted, we were awesome in that movie!" Rainbow said, earning a sighed from Applejack.

"An how many times I told you, Rainbow, we got small roles in it."

"But sooner later, we might have more roles, darling." Rarity said.

"That is if Canter Zoom will allow us in the next one," Sunset replied.

Starlight shares a smile after a great time meeting her human friends (except Sunset), despite them being counterparts of her pony friends.

"Well, I better get ready to go now." she turned to the mirror "See ya!"

As she about to go through, she bumps her nose and fell down on the floor. Shocked at this, Sunset rushed towards the portal and tried to see if there's any magic but to her horror...

There's none. Only a plain mirror she felt.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!!" Sunset exclaimed while the Rainbooms helped Starlight up "Where's the portal?! WHERE'S THE PORTAL?!!!!!"