• Published 28th Sep 2017
  • 3,860 Views, 24 Comments

All Around Love - Leviathan Jaeger



Time has passed since the Battle of the Bands, in that time love has blossomed.

  • ...
4
 24
 3,860

Every fire begins with a spark

It was a quiet evening, the only sound in the house was the groaning of a certain rainbow haired girl. She sat in a recliner and messed with her phone. After checking her emails for the tenth time she looked at the time

"Come on Fluttershy, we're going to be late." Said the rainbow haired girl, shifting uncomfortably in the chair.

Fluttershy came out of her room and looked at the other girl. "I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, but Angel needed to be fed. I didn't want him to be hungry while we were gone."

Rainbow Dash looked at her with a frustrated look. "You couldn't of done of it earlier?" She said as she got up to leave.

"I guess I should've, sorry Rainbow." Fluttershy said as she looked at the ground ashamed. Rainbow sighed and walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright Flutters, just, next time try to remember to do it beforehand." She said as she looked at her with smile, which Fluttershy happily returned. They then walked out of the house and to Rainbow's car.

When the Rainbooms and Dazzlings finally became friends they started a few new activities to get the whole group together, one of them being having a movie night every Friday night at the Dazzling's house. In the beginning everyone got there themselves, but in order to save gas they all came up the idea to car pull with each other. Rainbow Dash offered to car pull with Fluttershy, since she knew that Fluttershy didn't like to drive anyway. Besides, it gave her more time to be with her best friend. Rainbow and Fluttershy had been friends since they were in kindergarten, and they've only grown closer since, especially in the past year. Eventually they made it to the Dazzling's house. Once there Rainbow parked and got out with Flutters and preceded to the door. The Dazzling's had a comfortable house, not very fancy but also not simple. They knocked on the door, only for it to be answered a few minutes later by a perky blue haired girl.

"Hi! I'm so happy you two could make it!" Said the happy blue girl.

We're happy to see you to Sonata." Fluttershy said with a big smile. Sonata was leading them into the dining room when she heard a voice from the kitchen.

"Sonata, who's here first." Soon a purple haired girl emerged from the other room. "Oh, its Rainbow Ego and her animal loving sidekick." She said with no enthusiasm.

"Well hello to you to Aria, glad to see your in a happy mood." Came Rainbow's response, which made Fluttershy giggle. Aria rolled her eyes and went back in the kitchen.

Sonata looked back at the two girls. "Don't worry about Ari, she's just grumpy she didn't get to pick the movie again." The three girls giggled at this before they heard Aria say, "I heard that Sonata, now get in here and help me make the drinks."

Sonata left to join Aria in the kitchen. One of the things the Rainbooms didn't quite get about the Dazzlings is how Aria and Sonata managed to be good friends. Aria was usually grumpy while Sonata was usually joyful and full of life. They argued a lot, but despite this they were always together.

Rainbow and Fluttershy heard a knock at the door. They went and opened it to find Applejack and Rarity on the other side.

"Howdy Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, I'm surprised ya'll beat us here." Applejack said. "Yes, I'm rather shocked, but Rainbow probably speeds." Rarity said winking at Rainbow.

"No I don't! I'm actual a safe driver." retorted Rainbow. "I'll believe that if I see it for myself." said Rarity as she and Applejack entered the house. They were another pair who car pulled. But unlike the former, Rarity and Applejack took turns driving each other. Despite being very opposite of many different issues, they got along very well. Applejack would sometimes try dresses for Rarity, when she needed it, but Rarity rarely helped Applejack with farm work. Even so, they were very close to each other.

Sonata soon emerged to greet the new guests. "Hi! Welcome back!" She said with a perky smile.

"Howdy Sonata, how you doin?" asked Applejack as she and Rarity returned her smile.

"I'm doing great! Last night the three of us went to that taco restaurant down the street and it was glorious!" She said, jumping at the last part.

"Maybe for you." Aria said as she stood in the entrance of the kitchen. "I see the cowgirl and drama queen made it."

"Well one of those is right." Applejack said with a smile. Rainbow nudged Rarity with her elbow and whispered to her loudly. "Hint, it wasn't the cowgirl part."

"Hmph, really Rainbow Dash." The others laughed at her response, except for Aria who only smiled, when another knock came at the door. Sonata went and opened it to find Sunset standing outside.

"Hi Sunset! Welcome!" she said letting her in. "It's nice to see you to Sonata." Sunset said with a smile. Unlike the others Sunset didn't carpool with anyone, she decided to drive herself. The others smiled and waved at her when she joined the group. She looked around and saw the two sirens but not the third.

"Where's Adagio?" Sunset said, turning to Sonata.

"Right here Sunset." They turned to the sound of where the voice came from to see Adagio leaning against the wall behind. "I was upstairs fixing my hair." She said as she flipped some of it.

"Celestia forbid you don't have perfect puffiness of hair." Aria said dryly, looking at her leader approach the group.

"Your just jealous you can't have perfect hair Aria." she said, taking the spot next to Sunset, who she smiled at. Of all the sirens to be difficult in excepting friendship, Adagio was the most resilient when it came to it. But Sunset reached out to her and helped her understand it. Since then they formed a close friendship, which no one saw coming.

"Well, its lookin like everyone is here, except for Pinkie." Applejack stated.

"Oh she couldn't make it tonight, to much work at Sugarcube Corner." Sonata replied with haste.

"Pinkie is missing a get together with all of us, I think the world is ending." Rainbow said as the group walked into the living room. They all entered and got their drinks from Aria and Sonata. Rarity looked around confused for a minute.

"Darlings, what happened to your other love seat?" The other Rainbooms looked around and noticed it was gone too. Usually there was a four person couch, two love seats, and one recliner.

Aria frowned and pointed to Sonata. "That idiot broke it."

"I didn't mean to" Sonata said trying to defend herself.

"Your the worst Sonata."

"No, your the worst."

"Your both the worst." Adagio said coming between them, hoping to start a argument. "We'll just have to improvise."

Everyone started taking their normal spots. Applejack, Rarity, Sonata, and Aria took the couch; Fluttershy and Rainbow dash tool the love seat; and Adagio took the recliner. This left Sunset to figure out where to sit.

"Oh Sunny, you can sit with me." Adagio said as she made room on the recliner.

"Alright." Sunset said as she sat next to her. It was close seating, a little to close, but Sunset didn't mind.

Adagio ran her finger across Sunset's chin while whispering in her ear, "Now we can cuddle and watch the movie. How about you sit on my lap and I can bring you as I wrap my arms around you."

"What! No." Sunset responded. Adagio merely laughed poked Sunset in the cheek. "I'm just kidding, your so easy to tease."

Sunset rolled her eyes and sat back. Ever since they became friends one of Adagio's favorite things to do was tease Sunset, mostly because she took things to literally. Sunset didn't mind it to much, but there was times where it got annoying. She also had a problem telling if Adagio was genuine or not.

Sonata put the movie in and they started to watch it. It was a normal by the books action movie, but everyone enjoyed it. But for a few, they were enjoying someone else's company more than the movie. But soon, like every movie, it ended and the group started to talk to each other. After about a hour or two people were deciding it was time to leave. Sunset got up to leave but Adagio held on to her arm.

"Going so soon." She said looking at the pony turned human. "Well, I do have homework this weekend that I need to get done." came Sunset's answer.

Adagio gently pulled her back into the chair. "But that's what Saturday and Sunday are for, besides, wouldn't you like to spend more time with me." She said, looking Sunset directly in the eyes.

"Al.....Alright, I'll stay a little longer, just for you. After all, you are my best friend." They both smiled at each other and started a conversation.

The others had made their way through the house and to the door. Sonata said good bye to them all and wished them a good night. She soon made her way back to the kitchen and saw Aria cleaning the drinking cups. "Do you need any help Ari?" She asked helpfully.

"No, I don't. And why do you call me that?" She asked.

"Because your my best friend Aria, and best friends give nicknames to each other." Sonata stated, walking over to her.

"Yeah, whatever." Aria sad grumply. She suddenly stopped what she was doing when Sonata gave her a hug from behind. "You may not think of me as your bestie, but your definitely mine." Sonata said as she squeezed Aria.

Aria spun around and hugged her back. "Your.........Your my....best friend to, Sonata." She said with genuinely. Sonata smiled in the hug. "I knew it!." She said happily.

"But let me before someone sees us." Aria said quickly. "Alright Ari." Sonata said, letting her go. Soon Aria finished the dishes and headed in the direction of her room, with Sonata right behind her. On the way she passed Sunset and Adagio still sitting in the recliner.

"Sunset, why are you still here?" Aria asked curiously.

Sunset looked over at the two. "Adagio asked me to stay longer."

Aria gave them a confused face. "Weird. You know you could've moved over to the couch instead of staying in the recliner." She stated dryly. Both Sunset and Adagio realized they were still in the recliner, which made them both laugh.

"Oh well, its not like we mind." Adagio said. "You guys are weird." Aria said as she made her way to her room. Eventually Sunset left, leaving Adagio sitting in the living room alone.

"Your always so happy when Sunsets around." Sonata said standing behind the recliner.

"Of course she does, she's my best friend." Adagio said getting up. "Just like how Aria makes you happy." she said as she walked past Sonata, smirking. Sonata blushed a little and ran after Adagio saying, "Not funny."

Rarity and Applejack arrived at the Apples family farm to drop the latter off. "I appreciate ya driving Rares." Applejack said, looking at Rarity

"But of course darling, I enjoy our rides together." She said happily

"Yeah, so do I. Well, I'll be seeing you." Applejack said as she got out of the car. "Good bye, say hi to Applebloom for me." And with that Rarity drove home with a smile on her face.

Rainbow walked with Fluttershy to her door. "Sadly Flutters, I guess this ends the night." Rainbow said opening her door for her. Fluttershy merely nodded. Before walking in she gave Rainbow Dash a hug. "Good night Dashie." "Good night Flutters." And with that they parted and FLuttershy walked into her house. Rainbow got in her car and drove home, feeling good inside.

Author's Note:

I hope everyone that reads this enjoys it. It's my first time writing a story, so any feed back would be happily accepted.