• Published 18th Sep 2017
  • 818 Views, 9 Comments

Origin of Ahuizotl - Catrina37



During a mission with Fluttershy and Daring Do to get the Idol of Boreus, they run into Ahuizotl and one-eyed giants. While they are trapped, Ahuizotl tells them his life story.

  • ...
2
 9
 818

New Henchmen

Chapter 9: New Henchmen

“Tch. Getting banished is more than you deserved after the horrible choices you made," Daring Do mumbled.

The others weren't paying attention to Daring Do though. Megan was busy doing checks for broken bones while Fluttershy was busy feeding Ahuizotl's cats some kipper treats she carried in her bag. Daring Do crossed her hooves, perturbed that nopony is listening to what she thinks.

"So what happened after you were banished?" Fluttershy asked after feeding Princessca.

****

"I wandered as I traveled away from Tambelon. I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going. I kept walking tirelessly without rest."

As the young Ahuizotl trekked across a desert, hopelessly weak with hunger, thirst, and fatigue, he felt like he wouldn’t be going on for much longer. But, before he could even collapse, he spotted a village up ahead, and from the distance, he saw ponies going about their daily lives.

"But just when I was beginning to lose hope, I came across a village full of ponies in the desert. I found myself in Southern Equestria, and came across the town of El Potro. I was starving, thirsty, hot, and extremely tired."

Ahuizotl then walked on to the village. But he stopped when he realized one thing: he had no money to suit his needs. There was only one thing he had to in order to keep himself going. It wasn’t like he had a choice anyway.

"I had no money on me, so I was forced to steal what I needed in order to survive."

****

That is, until one day, I stole from the wrong pony...

At a marketplace, ponies were being terrorized by a group of thugs. They smashed carts, stole food, and scared the innocent without a care. All were being lead by a unicorn with a black shirt and jacket, black mane, tan coat, and a cutie mark of a crown with lightning in front. All he did was watch with a smug.

Young Ahuizotl was also watching the chaos that was being stirred. But he didn’t care, all that really mattered to him was taking something from this pony: a piece of gold from the shirt pocket of the unicorn. Slowly, he began to reach for it. Then, with a lightning fast grab, he takes the gold and makes off with it like a dog taking its bone. But not without the unicorn realizing he was being robbed.

“Hey!” the unicorn shouts angrily, “Hey! Stop right there! Come back with my gold!”

But Ahuizotl didn’t stop, he just kept going. Glee written all over his face.

Just before he was in the clear though, two muscular earth ponies pounced him from the side and tackled him to the ground. They held on to him tight. Ahuizotl struggled to get free, but it was no use. The unicorn by then came in front of him.

"The pony I stole from was none other than Malefico Palmero, the most notorious crime boss in Southern Equestria and Leader of the Picaro Potro, the most notorious gang of traders and smugglers of black magic."

"You seem very cunning and big, Little one," said the pony, "I could use someone like you in my gang."

"For years, I learned all I could from Malefico, including knowledge of artifacts and how to use them to obtain power. I also learned about crime and how survival depends on everything involving it. I thought I was finally living the life."

****

"But my view on Malefico changed on the day I was riding a cart while smuggling dark artifacts that were stolen from a caravan to Canterlot..."

Ahuizotl was riding a cart with the smuggled artifacts covered in the back. He was crossing a bridge when the Royal Guards of Canterlot and Wonderbolts appeared out of nowhere, including a very young Shining Armor dressed as a cadet. The captain of the Guards was next to him.

"Take note on what he's doing, cadet Shining Armor," said the Captain as he pointed hooves, "Nopony smuggles dark magic into Equestria."

"I will," Shining Armor saluted.

****

"I wound up in the Canterlot dungeons along with four certain ponies who tried to steal gold bits from Celestia's treasury. I think you remember them from your adventures, Daring Do."

"Cabelleron and his gang?" Daring Do with a raised eyebrow of interest.

"Exactly. That is where I met them...”

****

"They told me that Malefico had double-crossed them and sold them out, and that they also overheard him mention me. Cabelleron told me that once Malefico gets what he wants, he double-crosses his henchmen and gets rid of them. I soon realized that...all the loyalty...all the trust I gave...and that hay breathed horn-head left me holding the bag! It filled me with...rage."

In the same kind of anger Ahuizotl had with his father and brother, he smashes his hand on the stone ground with a yell, causing it to have cracks and the ground to shake.

Caballeron and the others shook from the sudden quake and covered their ears from the scream.

****

The scream and smash were so loud and hard that it disturbed Celestia in her throne room while she was sipping some tea. Spitting it out at the sound of the yell and the shake that was caused.

She looked around herself and her surroundings as if something would pounce on her any minute.

****

As stunned as Fluttershy and Megan were about the double-cross that Malefico pulled on him, they soon found that it was another factor behind how he came to be a villain: outside of his family, there were others who also didn’t treat him with kindness or love, no one in Equestria he was able to make a friend with.

“What happened after that? Did you ever escape or something?” Megan asked with curiosity.

“I didn’t escape, my dear. I stayed in the dungeon until my release a year later. After that, I thought it was time to show Malefico what I learned while serving my sentence, so I challenged him for leadership of the gang..."

****

Ahuizotl, Cabelleron, and their henchmen returned to town with furious looks, marching for Malefico like that of an angry mob. Ponies screamed and scattered with fright at the sight of this less than welcome sight.

“Malefico!” Ahuizotl yells, “We know you are here! Come out do that we can see you!”

On cue, Malefico and his followers came in view of Ahuizotl, Caballeron, and the others. Malefico snickered and laughed at the sight of his ex-henchmen.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the suckers in crime! Come back for your jobs?”

"We have come back to make you pay!” Ahuizotl shouted.

Immediately threatened by Ahuizotl’s challenge, Malefico unleashed a spell that would cause his enemies to disintegrate, a cloud of dust being made on impact. But it had no effect on them, much to his chagrin. Ahuizotl then strolled toward him like nothing could go wrong.

Malefico tried every unicorn spell and form of dark magic he could think of, but still, Ahuizotl kept coming. When Ahuizotl came face to face with Malefico, he used his hand to push him down on the ground, put his foot on top of him, and grabbed his horn with his other hand and broke it off with all of his strength. His gang gasped when they saw their boss with a broken horn. Malefico stood dismayed and defeated as Ahuizotl chuckled.

"Now hear this!" Ahuizotl shouted, "I am your new master, and I offer you all a choice: follow me, and you will be rewarded with wealth beyond your wildest dreams! But, if you remain loyal to Malefico, you will not receive the same amount of mercy I gave to him! What shall it be?!”

Taking his offer, nearly all of the ponies who worked for their old leader bowed their heads to show their loyalty to him. Only Malefico and the two muscular earth ponies remained standing before they ran off in fright. Ahuizotl watched his enemy leave.

Ahuizotl chuckled and said, "The two that are with him will be back working for me by next week."

"You said it, Boss," Cabelleron said.