• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 550 Views, 23 Comments

A Post Nuclear Interactive Story (Wars of Change - Shadows of the old world) - Soviet_Pony_Need_OCs



'Fire Tan' A former Red guard marks-mare finds herself in a post cold war nuclear Apocalypse world, after finding her former commander 'red shine' she finds her self in the midst of an invasion on USA mainland.

  • ...
15
 23
 550

Chapter One page five The Path to Leningrad

Chapter One

Page 5

The Path to Leningrad



As the morning sun risen over the group of survivors. Fire Tan and Hammer Will had awaken and after packing up and tearing down the camp, Hammer Tan consulted the other two ponies.

‘’ We are heading for Leningrad comrades, I know a garrison commander there, he will ensure our safety, and if he isn’t there, we still have the Leningrad fort garrison, they can’t have fallen.’’ Hammer Will said as he picked up his backpack and was about to leave when Ms. Tommniov called out.

‘’I’m still wounded, I can’t walk across half of the Union! Why don’t we head to Moscow instead, I’m sure the Kremlin can keep the city stable.’’ As she said that the stallion beside her nodded.

‘’Okay, that won’t work, first of all a SIMM was detonated on Moscow, the heat could have evaporated everything and every-pony there, and even if the SIMM didn't what do you think about the rebels? Even out here far from downtown we already had rebels, Goddess knows what could be there?’’ Hammer Will replied ‘’actually what is your name Civilian?’’ He said as he pointed at the stallion.

‘’Names Mr. Tommislav, about time you asked for that, Civilian isn’t my name you know?’’ The stallion replied with a tone that was slightly more friendly than usual.

As Mr. Tommislav finished his sentence, Mr. Tommniov called out to Hammer Will worried, ‘’ If Moscow is destroyed what makes Leningrad different?’’

‘’The Leningrad fort has a nuclear shelter that is both self-sufficient and well protected by a garrison and both me and Former Captain Fire Tan here are the garrison commander’s friend, so we have a better chance there, plus if we find a working automobile we can make the trip in days, until then we will take care of you and your wife.’’ Hammer Will finished by patting Fire Tan’s shoulder saying ‘’Plus Fire Tan here can pick an apple clean off a tree with her rifle from more than 500 yards, right?’’ He said jokingly.

Fire Tan smiled slightly with shyness at the complement. After the group picked up their belonging, they were on their way.

The trip was long and dull and the land was odd, fleshly melt snow and cloud blocking the sun, the world seemed dark and unsettling the first hours was filled with jokes and random conversations but soon it was just complaints after complaint, it would seem that Ms. Tommniov is having a hard time with her wounds and Mr. Tommislav is also tired after having to help his wife walking through the wasteland. Along the road a few cars can be seen, but they all seem burned out or busted. After another few more hours. The sigh of a small town was up ahead.

‘’Finally~ I’m almost gonna faint!’’ Fire Tan said with great relief and instantly collapsed on the ground laughing, ‘’I don’t even know if we are gonna be able to find

ANYTHING today, I hope I can find something to drink in the town.’’

Hammer Will laughed and pulled her up from the ground, ‘’I’m sure the Blast didn't burn out ALL the food, I’m sure there are something left there.’’

Just then a window on one of the town house opened and an object poked out of it slowly a shine coming from it.

Having a soldier instinct. ‘’Get DOWN!’’ Hammer Will yelled as he pushed Fire Tan beside a busted car, and ducked behind a tree while Mr. Tommislav tugged Ms. Tommniov behind the car that Fire Tan was at.

‘’On your left!’’ Hammer Will called out to Fire Tan.

‘’Pulling out her rifle, she laid steady aim though the window of the car and held her breath.

‘’Don't shoot yet! I’ll distract him!’’ Hammer Will said as he poked his ushanka out.

It was silence no movement no fired shots nothing, suddenly the pony though the window seemed to have moved sticking the object out even more, as if he was aiming.

‘’NOW!’’ Hammer will called out and the shot was fired in the heat of the moment, the bullet gracefully glided through the air and with a ‘thump’ the pony though the window was down.

‘’Alright threat gone. Move up.’’ Hammer Will signalled the group to move up as he drawn out his pistol.

After finally getting to the house where the pony was seen they busted into the room and found the pony dead on the floor, the shot killed her instantly.

Only then they realized their mistake, the object seemed like a scope was simply a binocular, she appeared to be simply a survivor that just happened to have seen by Hammer Will and Fire Tan.

‘’Damn…’’ Hammer Will said almost with a sense of grief, lowering his hat.

‘’We didn't need to shoot her, but I shot her…’’ Fire Tan saddened, ‘’I never wanted to kill someone innocent.

‘’You should go take a rest I’ll Take care of the body.’’ Hammer Will said while trying to comfort her.

As the group settled down Mr. Tommislav and his wife asked Fire Tan what was wrong but she didn't reply.

As Fire Tan sat down on a chair still thinking back to the event, Hammer Will walked by and put down a bottle of Vodka down.

‘’drink that, it’ll make you feel better comrade.’’ Hammer Will said.

Fire Tan didn’t reply.