• Published 4th Dec 2011
  • 1,499 Views, 2 Comments

Remember Me - ripjump12



Twilight Sparkle struggles to figure out what happened to her mother before she was born.

  • ...
1
 2
 1,499

Chapter 1 Disappearance

Chapter 1
Disappearance

Twilight gathered books that fell off the shelves. Spike had accidentally knocked them off while trying to walk backwards. Spike had always amused Twilight. His clumsiness and humor always made the library more entertaining.

“Spike, you should really watch where you are going” Twilight used her horn to place the last book in it’s shelve.

“Sorry Twilight. I had too many books in my hands. I could not look behind me” Spike grabbed a piece of paper that fell on the ground.

“Does this look familiar to you? It writing on it is a date 30 years ago” He showed her the small piece of paper. The date was barely visible to Twilight. She took a closer look.

“I wonder why the paper look burnt. Were they in a fire? Wait! What book is this from?” Twilight did not recognize the paper. She had read almost every book in this section of the library.

“It looked like it fell out of that red book hidden between the two encyclopedias” Spike pointed towards the encyclopedias. Twilight noticed the red book. The book looked like it didn’t belong with the others.

Twilight used her magic to pull the book out. Half of the book was dark black, and dirty. The sides of every page were burnt, and covered in ashes. Twilight scanned every page. They were all dates and times. Some dates were more than 40 years old. The last page was torn out.

“I wonder what happened to this book. The title was burnt off. All it contains are dates. Everything else is either destroyed by burn marks, or scratched off” Twilight grabbed the piece of paper and placed it where the last page would be. It was a perfect fit.

Twilight wondered why the last page ended with a date and an exact time. Someone had documents of every day, but did not want anyone to see them. The burn marks didn’t help either.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Someone was the door. Whatever they wanted, it couldn’t wait.

“Twilight Sparkle! Twilight! Please come to the door! I know you are in there!” It sounded like Applejack.

Twilight dropped the book and ran down the stairs towards the door. She almost tripped, but was able to continue running. She opened the door. There stood Applejack. She looked frightened and worried.

“Applejack what is wrong?!” Twilight noticed Applejack almost fall onto the ground. She was exhausted. Applejack must have run to the library.

“Twilight, it is your mother. She disappeared from Canterlot last night!” Applejack tried her best to stay calm, but this was a serious matter.

“I was visiting the outskirts of Canterlot to sell apples… Then 2 royal guards approached me. They held a photo up and asked if I have seen this pony before. The photo was of your mom. She disappeared from Canterlot last night!” Applejack saw no reaction from Twilight.

Twilight did not move a muscle. She was in shock. None of this made sense to her. Why would she run away? Did she hate dad? Was Canterlot to much for her?

“Twilight please respond. You’re scaring me!” Applejack had no choice but to smack her.

Smack!

Twilight immediately came back to reality. She had to do something about this! Her mother was missing!

“Applejack I am going to Canterlot! I need to help find my mom!” Twilight began running back up to her room.

“Spike, stay here and manage the library while I am gone.” Twilight shot out the door and started running towards Canterlot. Applejack started chasing after her.

“Twilight, stop running! You won’t be able to make it to Canterlot on your own hooves” Applejack caught up with Twilight and begged her to stop running.

“I will take a chariot to my parent’s house!” Twilight almost ran into Rainbow Dash without looking.

Rainbow Dash started following after Applejack. She used her wings to catch up with the two ponies.

“Where are you two going in such a hurry? What happened?!” Rainbow Dash was now gliding next to Applejack. Keeping up with the two was easy for the Pegasus.

“Twilight’s mother is missing! We need to… help find her!” Applejack was running out of air. She was very exhausted from the run towards Twilight’s house. Now she was running back to Canterlot!

“I will be fine without you two! I need to deal with this myself!” Twilight tried her best avoiding other ponies as she ran though the center of Ponyville.

Twilight tripped over something. She face fell into the road. Without caring for her wounds she looked around. Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie surrounded her.

“Why were you running Twilight? Is there something fun going on at the other end of Town?!” Pinkie Pie’s face lit up with joy.

“Twilights… is… something wrong?” Fluttershy tried her best to ask her question before she would be interrupted.

“My mom… MISSING… need to get...to Canterlot” Twilight struggled to catch her breath after running.

“Oh my gosh! This is horrible! We need to find her!” Rarity chimed with a worried expression on her face.

Applejack helped Twilight onto her hooves. Fluttershy then dusted off Twilight’s face.

“I want to help find her!” yelled Rainbow Dash as she shot into the sky trying to help find Twilight’s mother.

“Me too!” Pinkie Pies face was not excited anymore, but she was oddly determined to help Twilight.


“I really don’t need all of your help. This is my mom. I would rather go by myself” Twilight faked a smile to reassure her friends that she was fine.

“We can’t let you do that. We are best of friends. We will stick together and help you!” Rarity looked over towards the area where 2 chariots were arriving.

“We can divide up and take the two chariots. Twilight and Rainbow Dash will go with me. Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy can ride in the other chariot” Applejack commanded the 5 other ponies to get ready to go to Canterlot.

“Applejack did you forget? I am a fast Pegasus! I can get there in a few seconds!” Rainbow Dash was right. She didn’t need to ride in the chariot, but Fluttershy did because she wasn’t the best flyer.

“Thank you! I really appreciate the help!” Twilight’s smiled and looked at the chariots.

“No problem Twilight. What are we waiting for?! Let’s go!” Rainbow Dash started flying towards Canterlot as the rest of the group climbed into the chariots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chariot arrived at the gates of Canterlot. The royal guards opened the gates once they noticed Twilight Sparkle was on one of the chariots. Her Pegasus friend, Rainbow Dash, was already at the gate waiting for the rest of the group.

“It’s about time you guys showed up! We need to get to Twilight’s house, and fast!” Rainbow Dash took off like a bullet towards the residential part of Canterlot.

“We have no time to waste. Let’s follow her!” Applejack and the rest of the group took off running to catch up to Rainbow Dash.

Tall, fancy buildings surrounded them as they rounded corners in the center of Canterlot. The castle overlooked the entire city. Even the tall structures could not hide it.

Twilight thought to herself as she ran. Why did the Princess not inform her of the news? Was she too preoccupied with the situation that she forgot? So many questions were building up in her head. She wanted answers!

They finally spun around the last corner. This was Twilight Sparkle’s old street. She was very familiar with the surroundings here. At the end of the road was her house. Dozens of Royal Guards surrounded the home. The stallions were trying to hold off the press.

“Stop! State your business here!” The stallion stared at the 6 ponies. He demanded an answer.

Fluttershy yelped and hid behind Pinkie Pie. She was very intimidated by the Royal Guards. Twilight, however, stood her ground.

“I am the daughter of Night Light, and Star Sparkle! I demand to see my father right now!” Twilight was very angry that the stallion was keeping her from the house.

The stallion motioned to the other Stallions. They made a pathway. Press tried to scramble in but the Royal Guards held them off. The walkway was clear.

Twilight and the rest of the group arrived at the door of the house. She knocked twice and waited for the door to open.

A tall Royal Pegasus Guard opened the door. He was more decorated in medals than the others. He immediately noticed the group and moved out of the way.

“Dad! It’s me, Twilight Sparkle! I have come to help you save…” Twilight looked around the corner towards the living room. Her dad was being interviewed by a dark blue unicorn. She looked closer and noticed something. Her dad was crying. Never in her lifetime did she see her dad cry.

“Twa… Twilight! Thank Celestia you are here!” Night Light shot out of his chair and hugged Twilight. His forelegs where tightly wrapped around her. The moment seemed to last forever.

“I am so glad you… you are here! Your mother! She… she is… missing!” Her father immediately started weeping. He was a mess. His face was covered in tears. His mane was a mess.

“Dad it is ok. I am here with you. We will find her. You don’t need to worry! We are inseparable!” Twilight’s eyes started to tear up. This was real. It had to be a dream!

“Inseparable! That is was the last thing I said to your mother before she disappeared!” Night Light let go of Twilight and put his hooves to his face.

Twilight stood in front of him. She was once again in shock. The world around her was spinning. She tried to hit herself but she could not move a single body part. Twilights body parts locked up on her.

“Twilight, are you alright? Oh no! Get a hold of yourself! You are scaring me!”

Smack!

Rarity had slapped her, but she still stood there. She was motionless. It was like someone turned Twilight into a statue.

“Twilight Sparkle, this is your father speaking! Please come back to reality. I have to talk to you!” Night Light ran to the kitchen to grab some water. Her splashed the liquid in Twilight’s open eyes.

Twilight flinched then her horn sparked. It then glowed. She shut her eyes and then reopened them. This time her eyes were a dim glow. She shut them again quickly and screamed!

“TWILIGHT GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!” Night Light then slapped Twilight twice with his fore hooves.

She fell to the ground. Rainbow Dash picked her up and placed her gently on the couch.

“I… I SAW SOMETHIHG! It was a nightmare! Ponyville… Library...City Hall… ALL IN FLAMES!!!” Twilight was horrified. She covered her eyes to try and get the vision to go away. They soon faded from her mind. Then everything went dark…

“Twilight! Speak to me! Its me, your Dad!” Night Light was pulled away by Applejack right before he smacked her again.

“Twilight just fainted. She will be awake in a few moments. There is no need to try and wake her up. It will just startle her more” Applejack tried her best to calm down her father.

“What did she mean flames? Was that a warning? Magic is some spooky stuff” Rainbow Dash was circling around Twilight trying to inspect the unconscious mare.

“I think you better hold off with the questions till she wakes up. I am sure she is delusional” Rarity grabbed Rainbow Dash’s right wing and pulled her down to the ground.

“The way Twilight described the nightmare… scared me. I don’t think that… her horn glows when she has a… nightmare” Fluttershy looked spooked. She was laying pillows under Twilights head as support. Fluttershy then pulled a blanket over Twilight so she wouldn’t lose body heat.

“Whatever it was, I think we will get an explanation when Twilight wakes up. Something tells me… things will go from bad… to worse” Applejack stared at the group of ponies. They all waited for Twilight to wake up. So many questions… no answers.