• Published 22nd Jul 2017
  • 462 Views, 3 Comments

Lost - Hazel_Hester777



Request by dragon whisper 243. An old friend of Sunset's comes to visit

  • ...
 3
 462

Feelings

The next few weeks were rousing some tension amongst the girls. Each were seemingly counting the days for their next turn with Uni. They began to develop feelings for him, each for their own causes. Sunset was the only one who wasn’t caught in the crossfire as she hid her feelings well. The other girls didn’t want to talk about it infront of her. Then again, she was also his family in a sense so she couldn’t have a shot with him.

Rainbow was trying because of how Uni was like her and understood her duties as a team manager. Pinkie was open to him and he was quite a match for her personality in showing her how some things she got wrong can be corrected. Rarity was just at it because of her ‘love at first sight’ thing. Applejack was there for how he supported her and her sister. Fluttershy felt safe around him and could trust him, but she didn’t speak as much as the others.

“Uni likes me, so back off!” Rainbow yelled at Applejack. They were in their band practice room, arguing over who Uni loved. Well, there were only four of them now. Fluttershy went out because she was getting them calming drinks while Sunset was working on a project assigned to her to Principal Celestia.

“As if! You’re just jealous because he didn’t go to the movies with you!” Rarity smirked at her reflection in the mirror.

“Oh, hush, you’re just there because he looks good. Ah bet you won’t like if he wasn’t how he was!” Applejack pointed out.

“He helped me with the Cake Twins, and I even called him my boyfriend once!” Pinkie pointed out.

“YOU DIDN’T EVEN KNOW WHAT BOYFRIEND MEANT!” the other four girls yelled simultaneously.

“I brought tea…what’s going on here?” Fluttershy spoke softly as she entered the room with a shuffle of tea and some cups.

“Nothing” Rainbow grumbled as she took a cup and Fluttershy poured some for her. After Rainbow had hers, she turned to the others and gave them each a drink.

“My, Fluttershy, this is very nice, what tea is this?” Rarity asked after taking some sips.

“Elder flower tea. It helps calm the nerves” she spoke gently. She then noticed that her shuffle was running out easily. No surprise with how many cups she poured already. “I’ll go get more”

Rainbow waited until she heard Fluttershy’s footsteps fade away. “Back to our fight?”

Applejack nodded. “Back to the fight”

“Girls, please, why can’t you be more like Fluttershy? She’s just offering us tea even though we’re fighting. She’s not minding it even if she will lose him” Rarity spoke. “You’re such savages”

“Says the girl who pretended to be a farm girl just to impress a writer!”

“He was an impressive writer, and I thought we agreed to never speak of it again!”

________________________________________

“Sorry, I could’ve just given this to you at the Gym, but, it gave me an excuse to see you” Rainbow spoke with Uni. They were at the field of the school again, but under the bleachers. Everyone else was just too distracted and caught up on their own works. Rainbow thought it may be a good time to tell Uni how she felt about him.

“An excuse?” he chuckled.

“N-now you’re making me feel guilty” she cursed herself mentally for stuttering. “Anyhow, remember those kids we couched? The four each wrote something for us. They’re kinda mouthy, but they have their moments…”

“That’s actually true”

She giggled. “You’re so sweet, Uni. Here, this is for you” she then handed him one of kid’s letters. “They told me to give it to you. That’s why I called you up, and that’s my excuse for calling you over under here. It’s a really great place when you want some privacy”

“From what?” he smirked.

She turned from light blue to bright red. “D-don’t make me say it! Quite staring at me! I already know my face is red so don’t point it out!” she then calmed down. “So, you helped me with even Scootaloo so she can push herself to be better. I’m so glad we met”

“I’m glad too”

“Yeah, so…I wanted to say…”

“Rainbow Dash!” Spitfire’s voice suddenly rang out, causing both of them to look at her. She was fuming and angry. “Get your butt over here! There’s too many members and too little of us! You can date your boyfriend later!”

The blue girl sighed before nodding. “I’ll be over there!” she then turned to Uni.

“What were you gonna say?”

The moment was just gone. “Thank you for everything. Now, I have to go before Spitfire takes it out on my laps”

She then ran over back to where the rest of the team was. She let a faint tear slip out of her eye. Maybe she could try again next time.

________________________________________

The next day…

“Pinkie, easy!” Uni yelled as the pink girl dragged him by the arm again. Only this time, he was blindfolded so he had no choice. “My arm’s gonna pop off!”

“Oh, sorry, Uni, but we’re almost there! I can’t slow down now!” she continued to drag him to wherever she was leading him to.

Uni said nothing anymore until she finally stopped in place. She then took off the blindfold and he was quite amazed by what he saw. They were in the Gym room of the school. The entire place was decorated beautifully in party supplies. It looked slightly like how it was when Twilight came for her crown.

“Whoa, nice work, Pinkie. What’s the occasion?”

“Something me and Cheese whipped up. We’re having an Anniversary party for Mr. and Mrs. Cake today! There’s gonna be singing and dancing! The girls are coming along as well. They’ll all be here! They could bring along their pets and families too! Cheese and I were trying to make this the best we can. So, what do you think? ”

“As always Pinkie, you know how to host a party”

“Thank you! Are you coming?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world”

“Oh, yay! Hang on, I wanted to give you something” she then reached down into her pocket and handed him a thank you card. It was very well-done and could last for years due to the mint wrapping. “It’s a little small compared to everything else I’ve done, I know. But I just thought it would be the perfect thing to carry around as a token for our friendship. I used some things from the shop to make sure it would last for a long time”

Uni smiled at it. “It’s beautiful, Pinkie”

“Thank you” she then paused as she gazed into his eyes. “Just, I wanted to say something”

“Yeah?”

“I wanted to say…”

The lights suddenly off. They got surprised and frightened at it. When they turned back on, Pinkie saw someone take a couple of her balloons out of the room.

“Hey! Give them back!” she yelled angrily as she chased after them.

________________________________________

The next day…

Uni just thought it was hilarious seeing Pinkie chase after whoever tried to steal her balloons after turning out the lights. She did get them back, but they were tied to a staircase railing by that time. Whoever was messing with them must’ve been pretty fast because she couldn’t find them anymore.

Today, he was out at the town square with Rarity. She was somewhat better today in keeping herself from flirting with him. They were walking to the fountain today. When they got there, they sat on the bench nearby.

“My sister Sweetie Belle and I used to go here when we were younger. She would sometimes throw a coin into the fountain and make a wish” she spoke.

“Used to?”

“Yes, she began to spend time with me less and less when she met her Crusader friends. But I don’t really mind it so much. She and I still talk since we live together, but we don’t really go out so much anymore”

“I see”

She then suddenly got nervous. “Oh! I almost forgot! I wanted you to have this” she then handed him a gemstone centerpiece. “It’s a centerpiece made of gemstones I made for you. Gems are extremely hard to find, but I managed to have enough to make this just for you. I believe it may be very helpful to you in the future when you ever need something special for a special occasion”

Uni smiled. “It’s beautiful, Rarity”

She blushed. “Oh, thank you, Uni” she then gazed into his eyes, her white skin turning red visibly. “Uni, I…”

It must’ve been a bad week for the girls because at that moment, a bird flew up ahead and decide it would be the perfect time to lay its droppings. Unfortunately, it hit fell directly on Rarity. She shrieked in disgust, drawing attention from the other people nearby. She then excused herself before running off to go find somewhere to wash it off. She told Uni he could leave as she may be a while.

________________________________________

The next day…

Uni was beginning to think that the girls were having some bad luck this week with all that has happened. He managed to get a gift from each of them so far, and he kept them in his room as tokens of their friendship. He was a little worried about how these things kept happening to them, but was just glad they were nothing serious.

Now, he was at the park with Applejack. She took him there so he could meet her little sister in person. It was nice to meet the little girl. She seemed happy to meet him too, thanking him for how she was able to finally pull off something without getting it ruined. She then left to go meet with her friends, but wished a goodluck to Applejack.

“Sorry about mah sis’ behavior. She gets this way nearly every time any of us is with someone else who is the opposite gender” she apologized. “The last time it happened was around Big Mac and Cherillee, and it got pretty awkward. And it happened again when he met a girl named Sugar Belle”

“Hey, it’s alright”

“Thank you”

They then walked and talked for a bit. It was nice to have a quiet stroll in the park and quality time with one another. Applejack mostly thanked Uni for all her had done, and all he had taught this family.

She soon stopped walking and he followed. She then took something out of her pocket. “Ah want you ta have this”

She then handed him a new video game series. “Ah noticed how ya’ll liked video games aside from arm wrestling so Ah went and got you one. This is the latest Ah could find”

Uni smiled at it. “Thank you, Applejack, but you didn’t have to”

“Ah insist. Afterall, it’s the least Ah could do for what you’ve done”

“Well, Applejack, I…” he then smiled gently. “Thank you”

“Aww, shucks, ya’ll are too kind”

Applejack held her breath. She was gonna do it. She wasn’t gonna back down. Taking a deep breath, she was about to speak when a dog nearby ran up to her and knocked her down. It then ran off as fast as it could from the scene. Uni helped Applejack up.

“Oh my goodness, are you okay?”

She nodded, adjusting her cowgirl hat. “Ah’ll be fine. But that mutt was nuts”

“OH, COME ON!” a voice yelled from the bushes across where they were. They looked and three heads immediately fell back down into hiding.

Applejack sighed. “Ah’m gonna go and talk to them. Ya’ll can go now. Trust me; I’ll be having quite a talk”

Uni hesitated, but did as Applejack told him. He watched as she walked over to the bushes before he himself started for home.

________________________________________

On Sunday…

The girls had met up again at the band practice room in Rainbow’s house. They were going to discuss who was the lucky one who got Uni to love them. They made a bet and the bet was whoever gets Uni to love them first gets to keep him. They didn’t say a thing to each other due to how it had to be a surprise. Now, while Sunset was out with Uni for their own bonding, they each arrived.

“Out of all the times she could’ve noticed I was missing, why did she choose that time?” Rainbow groaned, falling back on her chair.

“Ah could’ve told him if that dog didn’t send me flying”

“Whoever turned out the lights and stole my balloons are complete meanies!”

“Atleast none of you got pelted by bird feces”

They all stared at Rarity, who was shivering from the memory. They then went back to moping on about their complete epic fails. It went on for quite a while.

“This has been bad luck for all of us, huh?” Rainbow leaned on her chair.

“Eeyup” Applejack mimicked her brother.

“Wait, has anyone seen Fluttershy?” Pinkie piped up.

“She’s in the kitchen making tea for us again” Rarity smiled, cheering up slightly. “She’s so sweet, trying to help in any way she can”

“It’s a miracle for us that Uni hasn’t tried asking her out” Rainbow sighed. “With kindness like that, we would’ve lost him”

“I’m so sorry I took so long” Fluttershy spoke up as she entered the room with a pot of tea. She had already set the tea cups on the table they were on. “The tea sometimes takes a while before its ready”

“It’s fine, really” Rainbow assured her.

“The sandwiches will be done soon. Once again, thank you, Rainbow, for letting me use the stove and toaster”

“Meh, don’t sweat it. They’re always the best when fresh”

Fluttershy gave a kind smile before she proceeded to start pouring the tea in their cups.

“How do you stay so sweet and kind?”

“I just hate to see my friends fight, no matter how small. By the way, what were you fighting about?”

“It’s nothing” Rainbow assured to make sure she wouldn’t panic.

“Okay”

Rarity then flinched when something caught her eye. “Hang on, darling, where did you get that bracelet?”

The others didn’t notice it at first, but now that Rarity brought it up, they all saw it. On Fluttershy’s left wrist was a bracelet. It had a red band with a pink butterfly on it.

Fluttershy smiled when she saw it. “Oh, Uni gave it to me last Friday”

________________________________________

Last Friday…

“This was the illustration I wanted, remember? I managed to get all three. I’ll admit, it took most of my earnings from when I worked at the shelter, but it was worth it” Fluttershy smiled as she showed Uni the book.

He smiled at her. “I’m happy for you”

“I also got you the latest copy of that series you liked” she handed him the book.

He smiled as he received it. He was so surprised she managed to find it and get it for him. “Thank you, Fluttershy, you’re such a sweetheart”

She turned slightly red. “No problem. I just thought you might like it”

“And I do” he stood up infront of her. She stared into his eyes, nearly losing herself in them. He then checked his watch. “Oh my, it’s getting late”

“W-wait!” she was quick to stop him.

He turned around, concerned for her.

“My mother just called, she said she’ll be home late, I-I’ve heard of some assaults on women in the area lately. I-I don’t want to be here alone. The animals are even at the vet’s office for a check-up…Please…just stay a little longer…”

Uni could tell she was scared, but he also worried about how Sunset would feel. “It’s getting late”

“Please! Just for thirty minutes!” she begged, obviously desperate and scared. “I know I’m being selfish now, unlike you Uni. You’re such a great person and you make those around you happy as well. Please, just grant me this one wish. I’m just scared”

Uni could tell she was. It was true, he heard about those warnings before. And yes, her animals were away at the vet’s. He cared about her, second only to Sunset. He wanted her to know she was gonna be alright and safe. He went up and hugged her. She flinched slightly, but soon relaxed as she returned it.

“You’ll be alright. I won’t let them get you. I’ll always be here when you need me” he whispered soothingly to her.

She smiled happily. She then felt him pull away slightly, before taking out something from his pocket. It was a bracelet with a red band and butterfly centerpiece.

“Here’s a little something to show you that” he told her.

She let her hand out as he slipped it onto her. She felt it was so nice. She felt safe around him. And he was sure to help her when she needed him.

________________________________________

“I’m glad about it” Fluttershy blushed as she viewed the bracelet. The others around her were so surprised, all dropping their jaws to the floor. The caretaker was so love-struck that she didn’t notice. She snapped back to reality when she heard a ting from the kitchen.

“Oh! I’ll go get the sandwiches!” she then left.

They must’ve really not wanted her to know due to how they all waited until her footsteps faded away before they reacted.

“WHAT?!”