• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,146 Views, 36 Comments

Tyrant Era: The golem of Carnifex - The Psychopath



Rarity and Spike are sent to another world after finding a strange jewel in the fields. This world is a twisted, tortured version of their Equestria, but they have the support of the survivors and something new.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,146

Family reunion

Cadence was interrupted by two changelings coming into the room and communicating to her via hissing and growling. The golem didn't seem too happy to see them, and placed itself in front of Rarity and Spike while demonstrating its obvious signs of disapproval. Cadence began to "talk" to them as well, giving off more high pitched siren noises than the changelings. The facial expression demonstrated by the pegacorn was not one of joy, but one of anger mixed with fear.

"What's wrong?" Spike asked.

"Eclipse Damora is coming for diplomatic negotiations."

"Who?" Rarity asked.

"Oh. Right. She is the mistress of the Crimson Pioneer. If we ever have time, then I'll tell you more about the story of this world, but if Eclipse is coming, then so is Epoch Moon, the mistress of the Pumpkin Lord."

Spike burst into laughter with the last one.

"Spike, this is no laughing matter. We are in a strange world that is attacked by demons, and that is just terrible to my eyes. The colors are rotting!"

"Follow me."

"Um, golem, darling. Could you-oh!"

Rarity was already picked up by the giant of mud and stone, keeping her clean of the atrocities outside the dry room, while Spike, with a grunt, hitched a ride on its shoulder. The same two changelings followed Cadence while the others got out of the way of the giant while holding Cocoon back and covering her mouth. The little filly kept fighting against her captors, but they refused to yield. Once atop, the golem and the three beings walked towards the entrance of the camp. The thick doors were just closing. In front of it, stood a familiar figure clad in red, and sided by four demon warriors wielding spears. Broken Heart walked half-heartedly towards Eclipse, and bitterly said:

"It is good to see you again."

"I would also be glad to see me again. Direct me to the counseling chambers." Eclipse spoke with a deep and dark voice, putting her authority in light, or rather, in this case, in darkness.

Rarity and Spike were told to hide behind a building and make sure that nobody but the folk at the refugee camp saw them. The two were peeking around the corner, and Rarity spoke first.

"Spike, that demon seems familiar...Isn't that the one that attacked us outside?"

"You know what, I think you're right. Let's get it!"

"No!" Rarity motioned a hoof in front of Spike to block him.

"Did you see what it had done to the golem when it was a giant? I think it's best we stay here. These civil characters know more about fighting them than we do."

Spike sighed in frustration. "Fine. You know best."

Spike crossed his arms but quickly used them to hang onto the corner of the building the duo were hiding behind after hearing gasps. As it turned out, Cocoon had managed to escape the changelings, and tried to head butt the four legged demon. Said demon laughed whole-heartedly at the attempt and her frightening eyes continued to stare at the little filly, whose eyes started to water up, but she held fast.

"Get out! This is my town. It's the town of the changelings. These are my subjects, and I won't let you hurt them," she cried out.

It would have been adorable if not for the fear-inspiring presence of the demon.

"How precious. A new changeling queen. I thought that you were all about to due out after your previous was killed by my soldiers. Hmhmhm."

The nearby changelings gave the impression of shock. Cocoon had been the most susceptible and most fragile minded of the changeling queens to date, and she made up for it by trying to be as mean and cruel as possible. The little filly started to sniffle as tears started to trickle down her little black cheeks. She began to attack the foot of Eclipse, who continued to mock the attempts of the little changeling, that is, until said changeling managed to channel her magic through the armor of Eclipse, burning her a bit, and making her hoof retract as she yelped in pain. The hoof lifted into the air suddenly smashed down, uplifting dirt and cracking the muddy ground through some impossible mannerism. Cocoon tumbled backwards, and saw the eyes of the demon staring at her through the helmet. They were glowing with the intensity of the abyss itself.

"I have no time to deal with stupid little creatures such as yourself. Your time on this plane will have been short."

Cocoon closed her eyes as the hoof jet towards her head....but...what is going on? There were no crunching noises, no splatching, not even the sound of a hoof missing and hitting the floor. As the filly opened her eyes to see what was going on, she jumped back a few centimeters to see that the golem had smacked the demon into the fall, encrusting Eclipse into the black brick.

(Nomnom!)

Everybody in the camp just stared at what just happened. Even the demonic warriors couldn't believe it. Their spiked armors and hellish colors shone brightly in the light given off by the changelings, and the faces of these demons, hidden behind metal, seemed to be so as the metal had been forged onto their facial skin. The sounds of rocks falling, followed by the flopping of Eclipse on the floor was met with the four guards charging at the golem with spears in hand. They pierced the beast and chuckled in success, only to see that it hadn't been affected. The giant cast them all aside with an arm swipe, and absorbed the spears, only to enhance them with solidified stone as they slid out of its right hand.

With a schlink, the demons had all been impaled into a stone wall a bit further away. The strength of the golem's throw was still enough to have them pass through three buildings. Eclipse was dizzy, but she recognized the golem.

"You?! I thought I destroyed you."

The golem made the sound of rumbling rocks as it blocked Eclipse's way to Cocoon.

"Get out of the way you absurd pile of gravel. OOMF!"

Eclipse was punched away by a giant fist that erupted from the ground. Now she was mad. She formed several magical spears around her, and charged towards the golem. It tried to block the spears, but they passed right through its arms, making it roar in fury. The circle on its chest glowed for about a nanosecond, but nobody noticed. Nobody, except Rarity. As another spear flew by, the golem grabbed it and whacked Eclipse over the head wit the blade, allowing the magic to dissipate. and throwing the demon hard onto the floor. The titan of the earth pummeled Eclipse into submission, then lift her up by the neck. She seemed stunned, but it was a ruse, although bits and pieces of her armor started to fall off, revealing tainted, white fur. The demon rammed its horn into the head of the golem, pumped magic into its head, and caused a massive portion of the creature to explode and fall back. Its legs stayed up for a few moments, but soon fell to the ground. The armored demon huffed and walked back towards cocoon, fury filling every portion of her body. Here, she said nothing, but as she was about to finally crush the little creature, the ground shook for a moment, and, instead of the brown arm of the golem, a metallic gray one came out, grabbed Eclipse, and started to crush her the same way it did Cadence.

It would seem that, judging by a massive hole behind Rarity and Spike, a substance came out and strengthened the golem. No matter what spell the demon would use, she just couldn't get out.

"Golem, no! You'll kill her!" Rarity's sympathy took the best of her.

The beasts looked at her, somewhat estranged, and finally let go of Eclipse, making her grunt with an exhale of air upon impact, and making the last bits of armor clink and splotch n the ground. The hidden duo walked up, staring at the demon who was readjusting its bone structure. Their jaws were gaping open. When Eclipse finally opened her eyes, she noticed the two staring at her, and she snapped at them.

"WHAT?! What do you want, frail mortals?"

"P...Princess Celestiaaaaa?!" Rarity stammered as she pointed towards the alicorn.

"W-wh-what?"

"Who?" Celestia roared.

The once white princess now had an almost grayish coat that reflected black when presented to light. Her horn was still the same, unlike Cadance's. Her hooves were replaced by four boney stems that stuck downward. Her wings were each made up of two segments of some type of burning shadow. On her eyes, there seemed to be extensions going outwards that started from the top and bottom of her eyes. On these black extensions, it looked like a lavenderish flame flickered and sparked with strength and fury. Her mane and tail were no longer the flowing pastel of yonder times. No. They were now of a burning crimson that seemed to end in a black smog that could choke anything around it to death.

"You!. What happened to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Princess Celestia, don't you remember?"

"P-Princess..."

Eclipse's head started to split in two by sheer pain. There was some memory that was trying to liberate itself, but she didn't want it to. Even if it ever did liberate itself, she was still the mistress of the Crimson Pioneer.

"Having trouble dealing with simple golems, Eclipse?"

"Epoch?" Celestia growled.

Epoch Moon had arrived with only two of her guards, but these two were giants clad in a smoothed out black armor with silvery skulls. Epoch herself was wearing the black armor, but she revealed more of herself than the others. Her face was showing. Unlike Celestia, her mouth had morphed into some form of hollow mandibles. The sharp teeth could be easily seen, yet there seemed to be gums and whatnot. While Epoch had a transparent mouth, Eclipse did not, and she had jagged teeth, like a hook. Epoch's blue eyes still had that same cross shape, but her mane and tail were not the smokey extension like her counterpart's. No. They were a flowing mass of a metallic extension of her body, and her hooves were replaced by similar little metallic extensions, but these ones stretched forward and back as to imitate the feet of a bird. Her horn had a solid beginning, but the rest of it extended into some strange starry extension made of mist.

"Princess Luna?" Spike stammered.

"Hm? These are the ones giving you a bad time? How pitiful. You tried to stomp the new changeling queen? I'll show how it's done."

With a cackle, the mistress of the Pumpkin Lord approached Cocoon, who quickly hid behind the golem, who had not moved since Rarity told it to let go of Eclipse. Epoch was having fun trying to corner the little creature who was hiding behind the legs of the giant of the ground.

"Heehee. Haha! I'll get you yet, and then I'll tear off your legs, slowly, then I'll pull out your entrails with my teeth." she said as she clacked her sharp maw.

Using her magic, Epoch caught the little changeling queen by a hind leg and lift her up in the air and laughed as the little thing started to cry while trying to liberate herself. Some of the changelings tried to save their queen, but the two giants took out their claymores and sliced the poor things in two. The golem still wouldn't move, that is, until Rarity and Spike began to throw nearby stones at the demon mistress.

"Who dares?!"

"I dare! Let go of her. She's just a filly! She doesn't know any better."

"Neither do you. I'll deal with you two quickly."

The plan of Rarity backfired, as the demon did not let go of Cocoon. However, she did stop once she saw Spike.

"What? But you are my pet? How did you escape and revert?"

"Huh?" Spike wondered.

"You will pay for this betrayal! First, I must kill this white one in the most gruesome manner possible."

"A word of caution, I wouldn't touch her if I were you." Eclipse snickered.

"Hmph. I am more powerful than you by far."

Eclipse's smile gave way for an angry growl and frown. The second that "Luna" raised her "hoof", she felt a massive presence behind her. The now grey golem was standing behind her and towering as well.

"What? I'll get to you after. I'm just going to-hngh! Let go of my leg! Let go! Let's see how a bit of magic works."

Whatever Luna tried to do, the golem would not yield, that is, until the two giants tackled it, making the thing fall back.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Cadence roared. "You came here for diplomatic negotiations, not some battles against this golem. Now follow me, or I will throw you both out."

Luna readjusted herself, while Celestia did the same.

"Quite. Leave this creature here while we discuss important matters with you."

The three demonic creatures left for another part of the city, seeing as the original had already been damaged by the golem. Rarity and Spike stayed behind, staring at the horrid scene that had unfolded itself in front of them.

"Ah suggest ya keep quiet 'till Broken Heart takes care o' that business." spoke a voice with a male, country accent.