• Published 12th Dec 2017
  • 1,405 Views, 86 Comments

Cards with power - Corsair49



It was a normal day like any other in the land equestria when suddenly Cards began to fall drift from the sky soon afterwards from the cards came monsters and spells and all of them all had one thing to say at first. "Are you Ready? Buddy FIGHT!!"

  • ...
1
 86
 1,405

A new Challenger Approaches | Their First Fight Begins?!

Spike joined the Original Shadow Dragon at the table ordering a Double Chocolate milkshake for himself. Twilight and Starlight sat down near them as well.

"So lets cut to the chase. I want to be your buddy, You want a buddy. I've learned about you in the few days I've followed you around in your shadow, and am honestly excited. Outside of the fact that you way more intelligent than people give you credit for, you are also very caring and have a sense of justice. So what do you want to know about me?"

"Well I guess I want to know what can do." Spike said. "I understand you're supposed to be strong but... and as a dragon i'm sure you understand my confusion, how can that be when you are so small?" Spike asked this made Shadow Dragon visibly bristle.

"Yes I appear small but here is the deal with shadows. when its just one of us we don't appear as much." A Shadow Dragon that came up behind Starlight said.

"But as more of us Come together and gather." a third said before the 2 new ones jumped onto the first and its form changed to larger variation with Red armor. "We grow stronger and stronger."

"Wow... So you evolve during the fight?" Spike said in awe.

"Yep. Ontop of that There is a special Item you can equip that gains the bonuses I give depending on the forms you allow us to take. This form is known as 'Die Shadow Dragon.'" He explained before turning back to normal. "I can go all the way up to size 3 and since I'm in the center with Soul Guard I can Protect you pretty well."

"Hmmm Wait if your in the center then how do i use my weapon."

"Its a weapon made of shadows there fore allows you attack from the shadows, you can attack even if you have a monster in the center." Shadow explained.

"This is really great and all but i have only one issue so far." Spike began. "I always dreamed about being a knight that stands for whats right... Wouldn't I be using a dark deck if I do this?" Spike said with a worried look. This made Shadow sigh slightly.

"Kid, there is more than one type of knight. The knight in shining armor will always be there but there is the Knight that stands in the dark to defend the light. He's the one that makes sure the real monsters in the dark don't even touch the light. Aren't you regarded as Spike the Brave and Glorious in the Crystal Empire?" Shadow stated more than asked receiving a nod from spike. "You got because you got to the heart before the darkness did and got it into its place in the light. So you've already stood in the Dark against the Dark Why not take it further and use its very power against them? You can be the Hero in the Dark, The Shadow of the Sun!" Shadow exclaimed with Excitement. Spike getting Hyped up by Shadows Speech Cheered at the title and Grinned.

"Then lets Do it Shadow!" Spike said Shaking the Claw of the Dragon. In that moment A core Deck case that was Red and Black appeared between them. As Twilight walked over with some cards in her magical Grasp.

"Here you go spike. This what i was able to build for you all thats needed is your buddy's cards and forms." She said as spike took the cards. Shadow Dragon smiled and Copies of himself began fill the deck.

"By the way Spike, you can have as many copies of me in my base form in the deck as you want." Shadow said. Pinkie returned with Spikes Chocolate milkshake as he put the deck in his Core Deck Case, Just as Rainbow Dash rushes in.

"There You all are, Listen we Gotta go Rarity Is fighting a Wandering Diamond Dog an is Losing!" Rainbow Cried out this drew a gasp from the everyone in the Confectionery store. All of them nodded and immediately Began moving. Even spike and Shadow which did not go unnoticed by Rainbow. "Congratulations Spike, You finally Got your buddy." she commented Quickly as they arrived on scene of the fight.

Rarity's life points appeared to be at 4. Durandal at her hip and Galahad to her left Looking at the mare in worry.

"Lady Rarity.." Galahad called out.

"Worry not Sir, Galahad. That was this Brutish Mutt's Last attack. Mark my words We shall have our Vengeance against you, you Foul Beast!" She declared point her blade at the German Shepherd Diamond Dog. That had a Sword and Shield in his paws and to his right a massive monster in blue Armor. Said Diamond Dog had a rather clean Plaid short sleeve button up that was left open, and a Black hat with a red band around it. What was most noticeable though was that its entire right arm was Mechanical. The smile that was on its face when they arrived, fell into a nasty snarl.

"Are you talking to me?" He began sheathing his sword to his side.
The monster on his right gave a worrying look.

"Uh-oh." The monster said obviously his buddy.

"Are you talking to me?" Selecting a Card in his paws the Diamond Dog spoke.

"You called him a Mutt."His buddy said moving out of the way slowly.

"Are You TALKING TO ME!?" The Diamond Dog repeated Angrily.

"Shouldn't have done that.." He commented quietly now.

"Final Phase!" The announcer said.

"They Call Me... MISTER! MUTT!" The Diamond Dog Roared as 4 gauge was used and suddenly He charged Slashing Through Rarity with his sword. Rarity gave out a shriek as the impact struck her life points dropping to 0.

"Game Over, Winner Mektaves Armaldo!" The announcer declared. Rarity fell dramatically, keeping her hair perfectly coiffed of course, to her side. Spike quickly rushed over to his beloveds side as the rest of their friends cry out her name. Mektaves took a deep breath closing his eyes before releasing it and showing his happy smile again.

"Rarity! Are you ok?" Spike asked as he landed by her side grabbing a hoof gently.

"Oh spike... Is that you?" Her voice was weak. "Please get away while you can." She said fainting from the defeat.

"Sir Spike." Durandal spoke up. "Please, I beseech you, I have Failed my duty to protect Lady Rarity. Defend her Honor where I have Failed. But be warned, this Mektaves Is not one to be taken Lightly." He explained.

"Twilight... I'm taking this fight. Get Rarity to safety." Spike Said coldly, "Shadow are you Ready?" Twilight nodded as she picked up Rarity and set her down gently on a blanket provided by another pony.

"Do you need to ask, my buddy?" Shadow said staring down the Diamond Dog's buddy.

"... You want to fight me to?" Mektaves Said with a smile. "I'm not trying to do anything bad I was just wondering if there were any tournaments going to happen soon." He explained. "And well the ponies started screaming when saw me and my buddy then she challenged me saying if she won I had to leave the ponies alone. But I won't say no to a Buddy Fight!" His buddy monster however sighed.

"And we didn't even start anything at all. it leaves this hell hound lost in confusion if you're barking up this tree." He Spoke.

"Well be prepared because you have got yourself one, I am Spike the Dragon, Number 1 assistant to Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I challenge you to a Buddy Fight."

"Well Spike, I am Mektaves Armaldo, Diamond Dog Buddyfighter. And I accept your Challenge."

"New game Mektaves Armaldo Vs Spike The dragon" The announcer exclaimed Jubilantly.

"Every dog has there day so lets start it now! Lumenize! Dog pack of the dungeon!" Mektaves Declared his deck case changing in a bright light to an Iron ball on a chain attacted to a golden bone. The Crystal on the ball.

"Standing in the Dark I will use the Shadows to guarantee the Sun will rise! Lumenize! Shadows of the Sun!" Spike Deck case Turned into a rapier, with a sun themed guard with a Black blade and hilt along with a scabbard on his left hip the gem appearing on the guard. "Cool..." Spike said as he looked at it.

As the Crowd Gathered to see their local Dragon fight. This time However Featherweight stepped foward with an alien UFO craft and a pink squid like thing.

"whenever there is a major Buddyfight about to take place You can Bet That i'll be here with Takosuke to get the major Scoop. Everyone Say it with me Buddy...."

"FIGHT!" The crowd Cheered.

"I fight for Dragon World!" Spike Declared. As The flag appeared behind him.

"I fight for Dungeon World!" Mektaves Countered While his appeared above him.

"Since Mektaves won his last round he chooses who starts." Featherweight Declared.

"I'll Let Spike have at it first, Lets have Fun!" He said a big smile across his features.

2 Gauge Appeared to left of each player as their fist 6 cards are dealt to both players.

"Charge and Draw!" Spike Declared as he sent a card to the gauge. "Next I equip Shadowscale Sword, Dragoshadow!"Suddenly his deck case's blade became encased in shadows. "Then I cast Dragonic Shadow Gauge!" From his Deck 5 shadows burst and jumped into the shadows of the watchers. As a single glowing star went from his deck to the Gauge becoming 3 extra cards of light. "Next I'll attack you for 1!" Spike Declared as he charged the Diamond Dog Before Thrusting from the middle of the field Towards him. The Shadows around the Blade show forward like a magic Blast striking Mektaves in the chest. His Life Points appearing above him and dropping fomr 10 to 9. This drew Cheers from the crowd loud enough to wake Rarity so she can see what was happening.

"The Turn ends. Mektaves Turn begin." The announcer noted

Author's Note:

Special Thanks to MLPMekarms for giving the expressive Permission to use his OC in my story. If any of you have any characters you wanna add to this let me know. and lets talk, to see what we can do. I need Villains as well as heroes afterall!