• Published 7th Apr 2018
  • 4,718 Views, 303 Comments

Sly Cooper: Family of Thieves - Blackdrag-rose



Gilda and Derpy grow up with Sly, Bentley, and Murray as their brothers, where they work towards restoring the Cooper Legacy to its former glory by bringing the Fiendish Five to justice... and run from the law at the same time.

  • ...
26
 303
 4,718

PreviousChapters Next
Time: All Rolled Up

Bentley and Penelope waited about an hour, gathering as much information from the bug in Miss Decibel's office that they could before they revealed what their operation was going to be this time around, allowing the gang to relax from their various activities before they took out the elephant. Diz, despite the fact that they were supposed to be resting and recovering their energy, held a pair of golden rings and seemed to be in the process of enchanting them in some manner, while at the same time Murray seemed interested in something that rested inside the safe house while Salim seemed more interested in snacking on their food, again. The gang knew that Miss Decibel was planning something, based on what the three thieves they had rescued said and was combined with Salim added to their statements, but at the same time Bentley and Penelope wanted to be sure they knew what they were getting into before they started their operation, just in case there was something they might have missed in their haste to free Salim and his friends earlier.

Eventually the duo pulled away from their devices and activated the command that would show them the operation that they had in mind, where Derpy and Gilda noticed that Carmelita seemed distracted by something, which meant that she might know something about what they were planning.

"Okay, thanks to the bug in Miss Decibel's office, we know that she was in the process of creating forged documents that will allow Le Paradox to establish a false family line and make it seem like he comes from a royal family." Bentley said, to which the gang raised their eyebrows for a moment, because hearing what the documents that the three thieves had been making could do all of that was weird and interesting at the same time, especially since someone like Le Paradox would definitely abuse something like that, "Based on what we've been able to get our hands on, we can't allow those papers to make it to the future, as they'll make Le Paradox both wealthy beyond his wildest dreams and he'll be untouchable, meaning that Interpol would never be able to arrest him for anything he's done. Now, we haven't been able to figure out what's behind that security door in the lamp shop, but Penelope and I have agreed that it's the only place where Miss Decibel would deliver the forged documents to Le Paradox, unfortunately we'll need a distraction to keep the guards busy before we head through the door."

"I asked Carmelita this earlier, in private, and she's agreed to help me with the distraction," Penelope added, though at the same time Diz stepped up and produced the rings that he had been working on the entire time they had been figuring out what their operation was going to be, "Bentley told me that Diz created a ring that allowed Murray to look like someone else, back in Rioichi's time period, so I decided to use that power to create two more enchanted rings, ones that will allow both Carmelita and I to appear identical to the cat guards that are patrolling the area. Once we're in disguise we'll gather the guards and perform the local belly dance routine for them, something I wanted to surprise Bentley with since that's something I was practicing when I took my trips to Holland and visited a friend of mine, and Carmelita's on board since the magic will hide our identities from the guards."

"Once you guys are through the door, and have some time to see what's on the other side, we'll knock out the guards and join you for the final assault on Miss Decibel's forces." Carmelita stated, though while she definitely didn't want to do something like this she was glad to have Diz's power on their side, because even if Neyla, by some random chance, came into the lamp shop they wouldn't have to worry about being discovered, "With those forged documents in hand, and destroyed before they can be delivered to Le Paradox, we'll ensure that Miss Decibel is sent to jail for her crimes and then figure out how to completely stop Le Paradox."

Sly was still surprised that Carmelita even wanted to go through with this, even with Diz's magic aiding both her and Penelope, though he said nothing as the two ladies attached the rings to where they were supposed to rest and watched as the light enveloped them for a moment. When the light faded the gang found two siamese cat guards, both with grayish-brown colored fur on their body standing before them, but the only way they could tell who was who happened to be because Carmelita's hands were colored orange, like her own fur, and Penelope's hands were lavender colored. Not a few moments later Murray, looking sad that he couldn't do something like this in this time period, moved out of the way and let the ladies enter the small chamber on the other side of the safe house, where not a few moments later they came back out wearing the revealing outfit that was associated with what they were doing. Sly could tell that the magic that Diz had poured into the rings also hid Carmelita's cane from view and anything that she and Penelope might have on their person that wasn't from this time period, though once they were done the gang headed out immediately, as they were stressed for time and there was no telling when Miss Decibel would arrive to deliver the documents to her boss.

It didn't take the gang long to reach the lamp shop, where they hid in the entrance of the shop, the ramp between the door and the floor in front of the security door, and they found some guards that were standing in front of the door they needed to get through, to which both Carmelita and Penelope nodded their heads and moved out into the open area, pulling the guards to their area. The ape guards that were in the room were stunned by their beauty, as one of them stared at the pair and struck his friend with a punch to the face before they both walked up to where Carmelita and Penelope were standing, while the third guard joined them, opening the way for the rest of the gang to move towards the door and attempt to open it so they could move forward. The ape guards were vastly interested in what was going on at the moment, focusing solely on the ladies and not on the area around them, to which Murray and the others started messing with the two movable parts of the door, as that appeared to be the only way for them to open the door and move into the unknown area that was waiting for them. After a few minutes of the gang attempting to have their way with the metallic door, however, they finally forced the gears to move and then Murray pried open the door that was standing in their away, allowing them to descend into the depths of the shop and figure out what Le Paradox was hiding down here... and, despite the fact that they came to help him, Salim tapped Sly's shoulder for a moment as Murray held the door open for the others to get moving.

"Sly, I am thinking that I should go no further." Salim said, surprising Sly for a moment, because he would have thought that his ancestor would have wanted to see the end of Miss Decibel and contribute to putting an end to her reign over his time period, but he remained silent as his ancestor continued, "I have passed my greatest wisdom onto you, the rest of my friends of my friends have retired, and I have had enough snakes and scorpions and climbing for three lifetimes. Besides, I was thinking that someone should stay behind and watch over Carmelita and Penelope, in case some of the other, more serious, guards come by to check on the door."

"Thanks Salim," Sly replied, though even as he said that he knew that Carmelita could protect herself and Penelope if something happened, but despite that he nodded his head and backed up towards the door, "We honestly couldn't have gotten this far without you, but you have definitely earned your retirement this time around, so go enjoy it and we'll take care of Miss Decibel and Le Paradox."

"Thank you, I will." Salim said, to which he turned around and stepped into the area that Carmeltia and Penelope were in, intending to watch over them and watch their routine until it was over, before Sly slipped through the open door and let Murray close it, making it seem like it hadn't been opened recently.

On the other side of the door Sly found that the rest of the gang had been standing still as they realized what was in front of them, a hidden cavern, made of modern gadgets and machinery, that contained the massive blimp that belonged to Le Paradox, meaning that their main foe was already in the area and that it was only a matter of time until Miss Decibel came to deliver the forged documents to her boss.

"This is more than what Penelope and I were expecting." Bentley stated, though part of what they were seeing made sense, as the one thing they hadn't seen in this time period was Le Paradox's blimp, and this answered the question that he had been thinking about the entire time they had been in this time period, "An underground docking station for Le Paradox's blimp... no wonder we haven't see it floating around the sky yet."

"What's the plan Bentley?" Gilda asked, because she had the feeling that the door being opened would have set off an alarm of some kind, but at the same time she wanted to see what Bentley had in mind for what they had discovered, who was currently looking around the area that they were in and was studying what machines were near them.

"Well, first we need something to distract those guards so I can get into that control room," Bentley said, to which he deployed his RC Car, which had been modified to look like a large mouse that would entice any and all guards to chase after it, while at the same time Murray groaned, as he had been hoping for an outfit or something that was like what Carmelita and Penelope were wearing.

Bentley drove the RC Car under the laser wall in front of them and directed it towards the area that the pair of guards were standing in, who immediately noticed that the RC Car was there and chased after it, allowing Bentley to direct them over to the other side of the chamber they were in and slip into the vent that was there. While the guards were busy with the opening the device had gone through Bentley moved through the decent sized vent and started smashing his way thought the various obstacles that were in his way, before smashing through the device that powering the laser wall in front of them and allowed them to move forward, even if the main laser blocking the way to the blimp was still up. With the way open Bentley headed over to the control room as Sly and the rest of the gang stood near the second laser wall, as all of them knew that he'd be able to overcome the security in the terminal in no time at all, and Bentley smiled as he hacked into the terminal, before dropping the laser wall and allowed them to continue onward. When the gang crossed over the threshold, however, the laser wall came back up and trapped all of them on the other side, where two laser turrets came online and targeted them, but Diz stepped forward and used his chaotic magic to twist them into clusters of cotton candy that floated off into the air... while the rat guards that came at them were beaten senseless by Murray, who was overjoyed to have something interesting to do at last.

When the turrets were destroyed, and the guards were taken out, the laser wall fell apart and Bentley joined them, just in time to watch as the blimp moved up from where it was resting and allowed them to see Le Paradox, who turned and faced the group as they stared at him.

"Ah, the infamous Cooper Gang. One step behind me, as usual." Le Paradox stated, though he sounded very happy that they were falling behind him and that he seemed to be getting ready to take over the future that they had come from, to which he smiled at them, "May you never catch up with me. And you, Cooper, you never seem to realize that you've lost this battle of ours."

"Who says we're losing?" Sly asked, because he found it humorous that Le Paradox thought that he was winning this dangerous game that they were playing, especially since the fate of the future was at stake, and the reason he thought that way was because of his siblings and their magical power.

"Oh no?" Le Paradox inquired, to which he looked behind the Cooper Gang for a moment, which was when they all turned around and found Miss Decibel standing behind them, with a knocked out Salim held in her right hand, "Bonjour, my large friend! What took you so long?"

"Hello Cyrille." Miss Decibel said, waving her hand for a moment while she called Le Paradox by his first name, which was something that none of them had really done since they focused on his more infamous name, before she lifted Salim for a moment, "I found this filthy, old scoundrel unconscious outside. You said you needed him, right?"

"No, he needed his cane." a voice replied, to which Neyla stepped out of wherever she had been hiding and held out the cane that Salim had been holding not even a few minutes ago, something that she tossed through the open window that Le Paradox opened and let him grab it, before she looked down at the gang, "Hello Cooper, surprised to see me again, after all these years?"

"Neyla. I thought we were done with you when Secretary Sen arrested you." Sly stated, though even as he said that Miss Decibel tossed Salim to the side like he was trash as she rushed towards the blimp, which was starting to make it's exit to the future.

"Foolish Cooper, you'll never be rid of me." Neyla replied, to which she jumped through the window and landed near Le Paradox, who closed the window and kept his smile on his face as a pair of chairs revealed themselves, with both Carmelita and Penelope tied down to them, "And now I have old Ironsides and the weak mouse that betrayed us. When we get to the future I'll punish the both of them for what they had done, and then I'll find you and deliver the same fate to you, if you decide to come after us."

"Farewell Cooper!" Le Paradox shouted, to which the blimp continued to move towards the opening ceiling that was above them, though at the same time his words indicated that the time for talking was over, which was why Sly, Derpy, Gilda, and Diz followed after Miss Decibel, who was going to be left behind as well.

Miss Decibel was furious with all of them, as she believed that them making their move now was responsible for Le Paradox's decision to leave her behind, and she declared that she was going to orchestrate their demise, before flying off to the platform behind her, by blowing wind out of her trunk and her trumpet. At the same time this was sad for her, as this battle was going to be incredibly one sided, because with the open ceiling Gilda had access to the wind that was outside the building they were in and Derpy could command the lightning in the sky to aid her, though she couldn't target the blimp without hurting Carmelita and Penelope. Sly, not having the ability to fly, used the musical strings that came from Miss Decibel's trumpet to reach their foe, while at the same time his siblings spread their wings and flew over to where their foe was standing, using their powers to slice through the music notes that were coming at them, indicating that the elephant wanted to crush them quickly, so she could attempt to get back on the blimp. When they landed near each other and struck her, however, Miss Decibel retreated and forced them to chase after her again, but as they followed after her they found that they were able to overcome her obstacles and quickly found where she was hiding so they could continue the battle they were going through.

Eventually they followed Miss Decibel back to the top of the ship, where the siblings engaged the large elephant as they avoided the musical notes that she was sending their way, even slicing through them with their magical powers at times, while looking for a way to get at their target. While all of this happened Le Paradox and Neyla didn't seem to care about her at all, because they kept moving closer and closer to the part where they could warp to the future once more, only this time the future would be ruined if they failed to get the forged documents. Sly, despite the fact that it was his siblings that were taking care of Miss Decibel's powers, had the honor of hitting the elephant on her head with his cane, eventually weakening her to the point where she collapsed on the floor of the arena that they were fighting on, but since that happened Le Paradox closed the platform that they were standing on and forced them to remove themselves, including grabbing Miss Decibel with Diz's magic, before they were crushed. As the gang glanced at the blimp, however, Le Paradox engaged the warp feature and returned to the future, leaving them to realize that their task to stop the papers from reaching their destination had failed, but that filled them all with determination as they marched back to the safe house and set their van for the future as well.

They might not have stopped Le Paradox from getting his papers to the future, but at the same time he had taken both Carmelita and Penelope from them, which meant that they had one more mission to go on, and this time it not only involved trying to save their friends and family, but also the entire future from their foe.

PreviousChapters Next