• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,803 Views, 454 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 454
 11,803

PreviousChapters Next
The return of Discord

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter is too much like the actual episode, I couldn't think of how I can change it too much with Sonic being added to this, you've been warned.

A few months has passed since the night at the Gala, and we now find Ms.Cheerilee and her class outside canterlot castle near it's labyrinth where Cheerilee was explaining what some of the statues there meant.

They then come up to a statue of what appeared to be an odd creature.

"Now this is an interesting statue," Cheerilee said before asking, "Now what can you tell me about it?"

"It has an eagle claw." Applebloom said.

"And a lion paw." Scootaloo added.

"And a snake tail." Sweetie Bell added as well.

"This creature is called a draconequus." Cheerilee explained, "He has a head of a pony, and a body made of all sorts of things. Now what do you think that represents?"

"Confusion." Applebloom said before being shoved by Sweetie Bell.

"Evil." Sweetie Bell said before being shoved herself by Scootaloo.

"Chaos." Scootaloo said.

"It's not chaos you dodo." Sweetie Bell said to Scootaloo.

"Stop using words I don't know the meaning of." Scootaloo said back.

"It is not chaos!"

"Is too!"

Applebloom then hopped onto their heads saying, "Your both wrong!" The three of them then begin to fight while unknown to them all the statue started ripping a little in some areas.

"Actually in a way you're all right," Cheerilee said causing the trio to stop fighting, she then added, "This statue represents discord, which means a lack of harmony between ponies. In fact you three demonstrated discord so well, your each going to write me an essay explaining it."

This caused the trio to droop their heads down.

"Now let's go, and I don't want anymore fighting." Cheerilee warned.

As they left, the statue began cracking and as the cracks moved towards the head, a sinister laugh was made.


Over in ponyville, Rainbow Dash and Super Sonic were chasing around a pink cloud.

"Come here you!" Rainbow Dash said to the cloud before catching it, only for it to stink to her.

"Eww, what is this?" Rainbow said before shaking it off.

Super Sonic then grabbed some of the cloud and licked it before saying in confusion, "Cotton candy?"

Suddenly more started zipping by with one stopping right above them. Then a small brown droplet fell of the cloud, landing on Rainbow Dash's head.

"I thought it was supposed to rain tomorrow." Super Sonic said.

"It is," Rainbow Dash said before saying to the cloud, "You can't just..." But she couldn't finish as the pink cloud rained on them.

"Do that?" Super Sonic said, finishing what Rainbow Dash was saying.

The duo then chased the pink clouds over to Sweet Apple Acers' cornfield as the clouds continued raining.

"Guys, what's with the chocolate milk rain?" Applejack asked in confusion.

"There seems to be weird weather all over equestria." Super Sonic said.

"But don't worry," Rainbow Dash said, "We won't leave until we clear this up."

As they left, the corn in the cornfield began to turn into popcorn.

"Why would you want to stop this?" Pinkie asked as she was hopping around while enjoying the rain.

"I wouldn't mind helping Applejack," Rarity said before adding, "without getting wet."

They then noticed the apples in the trees grow so large they caused the trees to lean over. Some bunnies then began to eat the enlarged apples.

"Fluttershy, do something." Applejack said.

"Now you know you're not supposed to..." Fluttershy said before the bunnies grew deer legs.

"What? That's not possible!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Don't worry everyone." Twilight said as she and Spike arrived, "I learned a new spell that can fix everything!"

Twilight then began charging her magic before shooting a large beam the enveloped everything before caused a large flash, only to reveal everything to be unaffected.

"My failsafe spell, failed!" Twilight exclaimed, "What do we do?!"

"I've got an idea." Super Sonic said. "Rainbow Dash, I need you to move all the clouds into one spot."

"On it!" Rainbow Dash said as she did just that.

Once all the clouds where together, Super Sonic turned to Applejack, "Applejack, corral the cloud to the ground."

"I'm on it." Applejack said as she threw a rope towards the clouds.

Once the rope tightened around the cloud, the rain stopped much to Pinkie's annoyance, Applejack then pulled them down until they came in contact with the ground.

Super Sonic then whispered something to Fluttershy before she said, "Oh dear, I hope non of the animals eat the chocolate filled cotton candy cloud, I'd hate to have to share them."

Said animals then rushed towards the cloud and begin to eat it.

"Good work everypony, and nice job on making that plan Sonic." Twilight said.

"Don't mention it." Super Sonic responded before powering down back to his normal self.

Spike then belches out a letter, and Twilight (using her magic) picked it up and read it before gasping, "Come on everyone, Princess Celestia wants us to come to canterlot immediately."

"I'll handle it." Sonic said as he took out a chaos emerald.

"Spike, you stay here and keep an eye on things." Twilight said.

"Whatever you say Twilight." Spike said before walking off.

"Okay girls get close." Sonic said.

Once everypony was close enough, Sonic said, "Chaos control." and in a flash they disappeared.


In canterlot castle, Princess Celestia was pacing back and forth as she awaited for Sonic and company to arrive. She didn't wait long as a flash of light appeared with said hedgehog and ponies remaining as the the flash died down.

"Princess Celestia we came as soon as we got your letter." Twilight said as she and the group moves towards her.

"Thank you all for coming." Princess Celestia said.

"Did you call us because of the strange weather that's been happening lately?" Sonic asked.

"And why are all the animals acting strange, and why isn't my magic working..." Twilight said as she continued to ramble on until Princess Celestia raised a hoove, making Twilight stop.

"Follow me," was all Princess Celestia said.


Not too long later the group were walking along one of the halls in the castle until they came across a large door where Princess Celestia began to explain the situation.

"I called you all for a manner of great importance," she explained, "It's about the return of an old foe of mine I thought would never return. His name is Discord. Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony."

"From what I read about the guy, didn't he rule equestria with an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness until you and Aunt Luna stopped him,right?" Sonic asked.

"That's correct Sonic." Princess Celestia said, "After seeing how miserable life was for all ponies alike, me and Luna used the Elements of Harmony on him, turning him into stone. I thought the spell would last forever, but since me and Luna are no longer connected to them the spell has been broken.

"No longer connected?" Twilight said.

"What does that mean?" Sonic asked.

"This is canterlot tower, this is where the Elements of Harmony are kept." Princess Celestia continued on, "Since you recovered them, I need you to wield the Elements of Harmony once again. You must stop Discord before he puts all of equestria into eternal chaos once again."

"But why don't you..." Twilight started before she was cut off by Pinkie.

"Hey look, we're famous." Pinkie said, pointing at the glass murals.

The glass mural Pinkie was pointing at showed what appeared to be the mane six with their respective Element and in the center of them was what appeared to be Sonic's head looking towards them while being surrounded by the chaos emeralds.

(Imagine it made of glass)

"Hey is that what I think it is?" Sonic asked.

"Hey yeah that's the symbol you made a few years ago that represents yourself." Twilight said.

"As I was saying, Twilight, you and the five show the potential to wield the Elements, it is you who can use their power, and it is you who must defeat Discord." Princess Celestia stated.

"What about me, how do I fit into this?" Sonic asked.

"Sonic, you are capable of using the chaos emeralds," Princess Celestia began, "you were able to help Twilight and the others stop Nightmare Moon by weakening her first, I trust you would be able to do the same with Discord."

Sonic thought about it for a moment before saying, "You're right, I doubt it'll be easy to use the Elements on Discord if he's at full strength, a little duel against him should help keep him still long enough."

With everyone seemingly on board, Twilight said, "Princess Celestia, you can count on..."

"Wait a second!" Pinkie cutted in. "Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain you guys, CHOCOLATE, RAIN!"

"Don't listen to her Princess, we'd be honored wielding the Elements again." Twilight said.

"Yeah it's just Pinkie being Pinkie." Sonic added.

With that said, Princess Celestia inserted her horn into a hole in the center of the door, the door then began to glow until it finally opened, revealing a small case.

"Have no fear everyone, I have no fear that you will defeat Discord, with these." Princess Celestia said as she levitated the case before them and opened it.

Only for the case to be empty.

"Mom, please tell me you made the Elements invisible to fool potential thieves." Sonic said.

"The Elements, they're gone!" Twilight said.

"That chamber is protected by a powerful spell only I could break, this doesn't make sense." Princess Celestia said.

The group then hear a laugh echo across the room.

"Make sense?" Asked a sinister voice, "Now what fun is that?"

"Discord, show yourself!" Princess Celestia demanded.

"Did you miss me Celestia? I missed you." Discord said as he revealed himself within the glass mural.

"It's quite lonely being encased in stone but you wouldn't know that because I don't turn ponies into stone!"

"Enough! What have you done with the Elements of Harmony!?" Princess Celestia demanded.

"Oh I just borrowed them for a tinsy little while." Discord responded before he snapped his fingers causing the Elements in the glass mural to vanish.

"You'll never get away with this Discord!" Princess Celestia said.

"Oh I've forgotten how grim you could be Celestia. It's really quite, boring."

"Hey! Nobody makes fun of the Princess!" Rainbow Dash said as she charged at Discord.

Discord simply snapped his fingers and vanished, causing Rainbow Dash to be smack herself into the glass.

"Oh and you must be Rainbow Dash," Discord said as he reappeared, "famed for her loyalty, the Element of Harmony you represent."

"That's right and I'll always remain loyal to the Princess!"

"We'll see about that."

"I can't believe we're wasting our time talking to a tacky window." Rarity said.

"The beautiful Rarity, representing the Element of generosity, if I'm not mistaken."

"So you know who we are, big deal." Applejack argued."

"Oh, I know much more than that, honest Applejack." Discord said back.

"He seems to know our strengths too." Twilight said seeing how Discord was right about them so far.

"That would be right Twilight Sparkle, with your Element being magic, the most powerful of them all. Fluttershy is kindness, and Pinkie Pie as laughter, my personal favorite." Discord said before he noticed Sonic.

"Well well well, and who might you be?"

"As if you don't know." Sonic said.

"Actually I don't. I was wondering who the one in the center of this window was, and for whatever reason, I can't seem to learn anything about you, which I find odd.I like odd." Discord said as he was having a good look at Sonic.

"If you must know his name is Sonic." Rarity said as she stood beside Sonic, "And he is the crown Prince of equestria as well."

"Him? Crown Prince? And why would Celestia do that, does she fell bad for him or something?" Discord mocked.

"You have guts talking about my mom that way in front of both her and me." Sonic warned.

"Oh I'm not afraid of... Wait? Did you say mom?" Discord asked.

'Here we go again.' Sonic thought to himself before saying, "Yes I did."

"Wow Celestia I didn't think you'd get yourself some children," Discord said before adding,"and you must been careless seeing how your son looks like now. So who's the father? Hold on, let me guess!"

"I'm adopted." Sonic deadpanned.

"Ooh, you had to ruin the run didn't you? Oh well, you are odd looking and I like that. What do you say the two of us have some fun together and spread chaos all over equestria? I'm certain that you will enjoy how everything turns out when we're done."

"Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. There's no way I'll simply abandon my friends and family over power, and being bad isn't my style."

"Your loss. And a pity too, I'm sure we would of been the best of partners."

"Enough stalling Discord!" Princess Celestia demanded, "What have you done with the Elements of Harmony!"

"Always up to the point aren't you Celestia?" Asked Discord before saying, "Fine, but I tell you my way. Make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began"

With that said, Discord laughs for one last time before making his leave.

"Now what's that supposed to mean? Twists and turns and ending where we started?" Applejack said.

"Twists and turns, twists and turns." Twilight repeated to herself until she said, " I got it Discord must of hidden them in the castle labyrinth."

"Good luck everyone." Princess Celestia said, "The faith of equestria rests upon you all."

With that Sonic and the mane 6 head to the labyrinth as fast as they could.

As they left, Discord's laugh is heard again.


The group soon arrives outside the labyrinth, everyone but Sonic seemed worried about entering until Sonic spoke up.

"Come on girls, I know your all worried, but we'll stop Discord soon enough."Sonic said.

"Yeah, and if we fly we'll get them in no time." Rainbow Dash said.

Right after she said that, Rainbow Dash's and Fluttershy's wings vanish along with Twilight's and Rarity's horns.

"What the hay happened to us!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash.

Discord then appears before the group laughing before saying, "You should have seen the looks on your faces!"

"Give back their horns and wings Discord!" Sonic demanded.

"Oh they'll get them back soon, I just don't want any cheating." Discord said.

"Whatever the reason, I'm sure we can still do this with the fastest hedgehog in equestria." Rainbow Dash said.

"Hedgehog? You don't look like any hedgehog I've ever seen before. Let me fix that." Discord said before he snapped his fingers only for nothing to happen.

"Was I supposed to turn into a normal hedgehog or something?" Sonic asked.

"Why isn't it working?" Discord said as he kept snapping his fingers with the same results as before.

"Going back on topic, you said something about cheating." Twilight said.

"Oh, well that was just the first rule." Discord said.

"First rule?"

"And the second rule is that everypony must participate otherwise you lose and I win."

"Seems simple enough." Sonic said.

"Na uh uh, ponies only." Discord said.

"For a God of chaos, you sure do like rules."

"Oh don't worry I have something planned for you."

"And what would that be?"

Before Sonic could react, a purple gas envelopes him, causing him to cough before he soon falls to the ground unconscious.

"Sonic!" The mane 6 screamed as they tried to get to him, only for Discord to stand in their way.

"You six better get started if you plan on getting the Elements of Harmony back." Discord said, "And down worry about your friend, he's in good claws."

With that Discord let's out another laugh before he and Sonic vanish.


A few hours later, Sonic wakes up and finds himself outside ponyville. Once he got a good look, he can see that everything could only be described as chaos.

"What the hay happened to ponyville!?" Sonic said to himself.

"Oh it's just a little remodeling, I hope you like it." Discord said as he appeared before Sonic.

"Discord! How did I get here and where are my friends!" Sonic demanded.

"Now now, no need to be in a rush. I brought you here after giving you a dose of sleep gas. As for your friends, they aren't exactly the way they used to be anymore."

"How about I make you change you mind." Sonic said as he got in a battle stance.

"Oh no, I'm so scared! Please I doubt you can..." Discord said before receiving a chaos spear in the face.

"You made the same mistake Nightmare Moon did when she first fought against me." Sonic said with a smirk.

Angered, Discord begins to have lightning bolts shoot out of his cotton candy clouds right towards Sonic as said hedgehog began running to avoid them.

Discord then began throwing glasses of chocolate milk at Sonic that exploded upon impact, soon enough Sonic became overwhelmed and was knocked back by an explosion.

As he got back up Sonic said, "I think it's time kick things up a notch."

With that Sonic summons the chaos around himself and they begin to circle around him.

But before he can finish, a lightning bolt strikes Sonic, causing him to stop his transformation to his super form.

Sonic is now kneeling on the ground as purple sparks appear around his body. He soon begins to change from his normal blue to gray beginning from his legs.

"Well, it looks like my work here is done. I'll be seeing you around Sonic." Discord said laughing before snapping his fingers and vanishing after doing so.

Sonic was still struggling on the ground when a dark aura begins to form around him. His fur turns back to its original blue but then began to darken.

Sonic begins to fell a great deal of anger and decided to use this anger as motivation to get up.

As he struggles to get up, Sonic couldn't help but thinking of ways to make Discord pay for all the pain he's currently going through.

"DISCORD!!!!" Sonic yelled as he begins to finally stand up.


Not too long later, we see a restored mane 6 as they make their way to where they heard Sonic scream.

The six of them had fallen to Disord's spell and had begun acting the exact opposite of what their Elements represent.

Thanks to some motivational words from Spike, Twilight was the first to break free of Discord's spell. After that, with the help of a memory spell, Twilight was able to restore the others one by one until they were all back to normal.

After the the six were reunited, they desided to confront Discord and demand where Sonic was. But that's when they heard Sonic scream from across town and decided to aid their friend.

"I really hope he's alright." Fluttershy said.

"Don't worry Fluttershy, I'm sure Sonic can take care of himself." Rainbow Dash said.

"Let's hope your right Rainbow." Twilight said.

The six soon find themselves outside Everfree Forest where they see a dark figure leaning against a tree.

Recognizing the shape, Twilight asked, "Sonic, is that you?"

The figure looked their direction before asking, "Do I know you?"

What caught them off gaurd was that the voice sounded like Sonic's but a bit deeper.

"Sonic it's us your friends, don't you recognize us?" Twilight asked.

"I don't go by Sonic anymore." The figure said as he walked towards the girls.

After getting out of the darkness of the forest the girls saw a hedgehog that looked exactly like Sonic, only this hedgehog's fur was much darker than Sonic's it was almost black, the quills on his head were pointed upwards almost like he was in his super form, he had a blackish-blue aura around him, and his eyes were completely white!

When he stopped the hedgehog said, "Call me, Dark Sonic, Dark Sonic the hedgehog!"

PreviousChapters Next