• Published 13th Jul 2017
  • 534 Views, 11 Comments

A cheesy leader. - Black Owl



The rats of Equestria finally have a king, and his name is Rico. Rico is a gigantic rat that can walk on two legs, is immune to poison and disease and loves cheese. You know, normal rat things. And let's not forget, he's an idiot!

  • ...
2
 11
 534

Cheesy crime.

Author's Note:

Well, this will be interesting... This is a story I though about and decided, why not. So here you go, the rat king with cheese puns!

It all happened in a flash, I was just minding my rodent business eating my favorite cheese with my flees, until some asshole threw a powerful crystal down in the sewers. Well, I guess it's not that bad. Why you ask? Cuz I'm the king! And you know what that means? I get all the cheese! Muahahhahaha.

Anyway, a little bit about myself. I'm Rico, I was a rat that lived in the Canterlot sewers. I was a pretty dangerous rat, I once stole Celestia's cheese cake! I really enjoyed the company of my flees, drinking poisons and eating cheese. However, with my transformation I obtain more knowledge and the control over my retarded brothers!

Aaaaaaaaanyway, when I became more bipedal, I realized I needed some clothes. So I did what normal people do, I made myself a crossbow and attacked a clothes shop with my slaves subordinates. And put them to make me some clothes made for royalty like me, and an eye-patch. Don't worry, I'm not blind in one eye, I just think it's cool. A purple sweater, a long black coat some pants and boots. I didn't need anything else, so I kinda hit the owner in the head with a huge roll of cheese to make him forget. Good thing it worked! Ok, he got some brain damage, but he was fine. What I need now, is to make myself known to the other leaders, but how? Hmm, I'll think about it later. For now I need to get the rest of the rats in the sewers.


Under Canterlot lies a huge labyrinth in the form of the sewers, where millions of rats live. Today they were extremely active, the sounds of millions of claws hitting the stone floor combined with the sound of splashing made some of the residents of the outside world a little scared, quickly opting to send some exterminators. However, that was the sound of an army assembling.

"Greetings my fellow rats! Today we shall establish a new nati- Oh yeah, you guys are rats... Welp, this was a waste of time..." The rats started making a lot of noise. "Ok ok, let's just raid the royal deposit of cheese." Small cheers were heard from the army of rats. "Idiots..." The huge rat in the middle mumbled.

The rats quickly got to work, the sound of their claws scratching the wet stone floor filled the sewers, even getting to the ponies from the outside world, or how Rico calls them, the 'Soap lovers'. Swiftly and quickly they went towards the ultimate treasure, the multitude kinds of cheese that lie in the royal deposit.


'One thing always bothered me about the ponies.' Rico though as he jumped over a boulder stuck in their way. 'How are those disgusting soap lovers the superior species? We are way more resistant to disease, I'm immune to disease and poison actually. I deserve more respect than that Celestia. Actually, I would have preferred that Luna would be the only ruler, at least my eyes don't hurt when I look at her... Oh I'm rambling again... Why am I talking to myself again? Ok brain stop it. OOh we're under the deposit.' Looking up he saw a pretty small hole in the roof. Grinning he motioned at the hole then somehow managed to slip through a hole ten times smaller than him. Stopping for a second to appreciate the huge varieties of cheese. Then they stared to raid the room, taking the cheese in small bits so they could fit through the opening in the floor. But right before they left, Rico wrote on a wall with crayolas that he found. They are green too!


~Celesta's POV~

"This is the weirdest crime I ever saw..." I said as I looked at the, now empty of cheese, royal deposit. In front of me, on one of the walls to be exact, was written in green crayolas:I GET THE CHEESE, SOAP LOVERS! "Did they not take anything else except the cheese? Nothing?"

"No, ma'am. They just took all the cheese, and the cheese cakes." The guard looked as confused as I am. 'Who would only steal the cheese, and why?" Then another guard came in.

"Princess, there have been reports that the rat population in the sewers has become extremely large. The nobles are complaining." 'Just what I needed...'

"Why didn't you just sent some exterminators to deal with them?" I don't see why they'll come to me... I'm the princess, not an exterminator.

"Umm, we did, buuuut-" I don't like that tone. "They were found dead, with the words: Screw you soap lovers! You ain't killing us! written on their corpses. They are probably either Changelings or Diamond dogs."

'Oook, it seems that someone killed the exterminators and stole all the cheese, but who would do that? What would anyone even gain for doing such a thing? The weirdest one is the killing of the exterminators. They must try to hide something in the sewers, but how can they survive in that place?' As I continued to think of reasons for those crimes, I made my way to my sister's room, to inform her of the things that happen.

After I explained what was going on to Luna, she seemed really amused. "AHAHAHAHAHA" Annnd she has been laughing for 15 minutes now... "Ahem, We are sorry sister. We- ugh I just find it ridiculous. Maybe the ones who did those crimes weren't ponies. Maybe thee were rats? Ahahahahah" As she continued to roll around on the ground.

"Come on Luna, don't be ridiculous." However, I had no idea how right she was.


~Meanwhile.~

"Gentlemen." Said Rico with a mustache duck taped to his muzzle. "We are the rats. AND WE! AND WE WILL RULE!" ~squeals~

"Those fools thought they could attack us!? HA! This time, we fight back!" 'I should get some gold here, I look good in gold...' Rico thought as he sat on a throne made out of cheese. "We won't be treated as pests anymore, oh no no no, their armor shall become like cedar! And we won't stop until we get all the cheese, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!" As he started laughing, the rats started cheering, they may have sounded scary, if they didn't sound like millions of tiny Fluttershys screaming 'yay'. 'We have cheese, but no crackers. We are cracka-lacking."