• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 5,703 Views, 254 Comments

Hello From The Other Side 2 - FoxMcCloud7921



Princess Twilight Sparkle feels the need to get away from her royal duties for awhile. Her counterpart wants to see Equestria for herself. This whole plot seems rather familiar...

  • ...
13
 254
 5,703

~Doodly Doo, Going Through the Forest, Doodly Doo, Going to the Castle; Doodly Doo, We Found a Nightmare, Guess She Got Loose, Oh Boy!~

Author's Note:

We are gonna die!

Note: As of this post, I've closed the poll that I (kind of?) set up before in the previous chapter. It looks like space demons were able to overcome the Third Reich, though it was close.

I'm still not going to explain the reason for it. :trollestia:

Canterlot

In the school auditorium, things weren't turning out so well for the choreography part of the video. Rarity already knew the song they could since it was a song they wrote shortly before the Friendship Games. The issue was that the girls were, as Rarity kindly tried to put it, coordinatedly challenged and Rarity’s patience was starting to wear thin.

“Hold it!” Rarity snapped. She then sighed quietly and went up to Fluttershy. “Fluttershy darling, I need you to do a double pirouette in that last part. That wasn't even a single pirouette.”

“I'm sorry Rarity,” Fluttershy said sadly. “I just don't think I can do it…”

“Of course you can!” Rarity said, putting her hands on the girl's shoulders. “Twilight told me that the Shadowbolts are very... exceptional dancers so we have to give our all to beat them. I believe in you Fluttershy!” She then went off the stage and clapped her hands. “Now, one more time!”

The next take wasn't much better than the last one, though Fluttershy actually did make the double pirouette. Unfortunately, the worst possible thing happened when Twilight, who was not used to wearing high heels, extended her leg and the heel caught into Rainbow’s jacket, causing a sizeable rip.

For Rarity, someone may as well have kicked a poor innocent puppy as she rushed onto stage once again! “Stop! Stop!” She looked at the tear while biting her lip. She sighed. “I guess I'll have to get more material…”

“I'm really sorry!” Twilight said. “I wasn't paying attention to Rainbow there and…”

“Don't worry about it,” Rarity said glumly. “I'll just have to go back to the mall. We might as well take a break anyway.”

“If it's alright, can I come with you?” Twilight asked.

“Well, I could use the company,” Rarity smiled. “We'll be back soon girls. In the meantime, please look over the parts again.”

Once she and Twilight were gone, the rest of the girls looked to one another. “Ya know,” Applejack said. “Ah don't wanna be that girl but...I don't see how this is gonna work…”

“I don't really care what we do,” Rainbow shrugged. “I just hope I get to keep this awesome jacket.”


As the two girls made their way through the mall, Twilight couldn't help but address the nagging feeling in her gut. “Rarity, I don't want you to take this the wrong way but...are you sure this is a good idea?”

“Well obviously dear, I need the material to sew up that tear!”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “You know what I meant…”

“I do...I just…” Rarity took a deep breath. “I felt like I had to contribute to the situation and...I admit most of what I do is fashion and not everyone likes...fashion. Honestly before today I had nothing of interest so if this all goes bad it'll be my fault. Ugh, why did those Shadowbolts have to have a stupid dance on a yacht!?”

“Um...is that them over there?” Twilight asked, pointing down towards the center of the mall.

“Huh?” Rarity looked and she saw the four girls from Crystal Prep performing some sort of routine to a Sapphire Shores song. As they got closer, Rarity noticed parts of it looked... familiar. “Wait a minute...Sunny just did a double pirouette and...oh no…” Her face went into a scowl. “Oh no they didn't!” She stormed towards the four girls. “You!”

The four girls stopped and stared at the fashionista. “Oh hi Rarity,” Sour said rather sweetly. “Were you checking out our routine?”

“You think I don't know what you did!?”

“Did what?” Sunny asked.

“DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!”

“But...you didn't give us a subject?” Sugarcoat said.

“YOU TOO!”

“Uh…” At first Sour looked confused but then her face broke out into a smirk. “Oh...you were admiring our dance routine huh?”

“That was our routine and you know it!” Rarity snapped.

“Says who?” Lemon Zest asked. “You're the one who decided to go on about it.”

“So you knew it was her idea and stole it anyway?” Twilight asked.

“Maybe, what are you going to do about it?” Sour asked, getting in her face.

“Um…” Wow...I totally get now why other Twilight was the way she was at school...it was the same experience for me.

“It looks like you're gonna have to come up with something new since we're just about done,” Sunny smirked. “After all, if you submit your video after ours well, then you'd be copying us.

Rarity sniffed. “Fine, I can come up with a better routine anyway! And it'll definitely be better than what you stole from me. And you won't find out what it is either!”

“That's probably a wise idea,” Sugarcoat said.

“Now if you don't mind, Twilight and I have some shopping to do.” With a final “hmph!” the two made their way towards the boutique down to the left.

“I'm so sorry Rarity,” Twilight said.

“Don't be darling, I can only blame myself for this one,” Rarity sighed. “I'm sure I can come up with something on the whim.”

“Well...how about asking the other girls for ideas?” Twilight suggested. “You never know right?”

“Hmm...well we have come up with some good songs together and, as they say, great minds think alike,” Rarity thought. “Alright Twilight, we'll try your idea. After all, it can't be any worse than this…”


“You know...we could jump them or something,” Rainbow suggested once Rarity explained the situation.

“Well...Ah won't agree on the 'jumping’ part but Ah agree that just ain't right,” Applejack added.

“No, no,” Rarity said, shaking her head. “I don't want us to sink to their level.”

“Wait...students at Crystal Prep attack people randomly?” Pinkie asked.

“I wouldn't put it past them,” Rainbow said. “But I guess since Cadance is principal now she'll be turning all that around.”

Twilight smirked. “Well, if she's anything like the Cadance I know, she'll have an easy time of it. Anyway, let Rarity continue.”

“Right, so... considering my idea has been stolen-”

“Ya mean given away…”

Stolen,” Rarity gave Applejack a glare. “Does anyone have any other ideas?”

“Actually Ah think Ah have an idea…” Applejack said. “So we're in the kitchen…”

“Yes?” Rarity asked.

“And then we're baking stuff like apple fritters and apple pie-”

“Okay but what-?”

“And then uh...we eat them.”

It was silent for a few moments. “So...you want to make a music video about us baking and eating baked goods?” Rarity deadpanned.

Applejack chuckled. “Er...sorry. Guess Ah’m just hungry…”

“Well, it is starting to get close to dinner time,” Fluttershy said.

“Oh yeah, speaking of which, I got a text from Flash,” Rainbow grinned at Twilight. “Something about getting coffee later on?”

“Oh no!” Twilight yanked on her hair nervously. “I got so caught up in this I totally forgot! But I can't leave you girls hanging, not even for a date!” She suddenly put her hands over her mouth, regretting those last two words.

Applejack chuckled. “A date huh?”

“That's not what I-!”

“Of course you meant it, you just said it!” Pinkie said.

“Um...but isn't…?” Fluttershy stopped once she saw both Rainbow and Applejack shaking their heads.

“Isn't what?” Twilight looked at her suspiciously.

“Oh it's... nothing,” Fluttershy said.

“Fluttershy…” Twilight's tone became very cold, cold enough to lower the temperature in the room. It seemed as if the lights had dimmed somewhat as well. “You're my friend and all but if you don't tell me what's going on right now so help me as a princess of Equestria-!”

“Um...well while we were at Camp Everfree Flash kind of was... losing hope that you'd come back so um...he asked Sunset if they could try...dating again.”

Twilight stared at her. “Wait...she did this...and she didn't tell me!?”

“Oh boy, hit the deck…” Applejack grumbled.

Twilight looked ready to snap,but finally she sighed. “I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I've been so busy I've barely had time to even plan on visiting.” She snorted in annoyance. “She still could've told me though…”

“Well... technically it's not official yet,” Pinkie added.

“Not helping Pinkie,” Fluttershy said.

“Girls, I don't want to interrupt your gossip but the clock is ticking here,” Rarity said impatiently.

“Okay, I totally have a way better idea than what Applejack suggested,” Rainbow said. “So we're running through the forest, getting shot with arrows and stuff-”

“Like booby traps?” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah sure, booby traps-”

“You know, I've always wondered why they call them booby traps,” Pinkie continued. “Is it because of the name of the birds or because-”

“Pinkie, I'm the only one allowed to be perverted here,” Rainbow interrupted her. “Anyway, so we're running through the forest-”

“We don't actually have to run right?” Twilight asked. “Because I'm not really in shape.”

“You keep interrupting me and I'll make you run a circuit.” Once Twilight stayed silent, Rainbow finally continued. “So, forest, getting shot at, and that's when...we run into Caballeron and Azuihotl!”

“So...it's like a Daring Do book,” Applejack stated.

“No it's Daring Do...The Musical!” Rainbow grinned.

“Actually...that's not a bad idea…” Twilight said.

“Oh wait wait, you haven't heard my idea!” Pinkie jumped up.

“Do we really want to?” Rarity asked with dread.

“Of course silly! So we go on a rocket into space and land on the moon…only to find out it really is made out of cheese! So we're jumping on the moon, eating cheese, floating in space, eating cheese-”

“Wait, I know what happens next,” Rainbow said. “We run into a creature made out of Muenster right...right?” Everyone stared at her. “Oh come on that was a good one!”

“Actually I did have a monster in mind but he'd probably be made out of manchego and Spike would end up eating him.”

“Mmm...no complaints here,” Spike said, licking his chops.

There was a loud groan as Rarity finally got up. “Girls, while I appreciate the ideas, we need something that inspire, keep the watcher’s attention!”

“Hey, mine had a lot of action!” Rainbow argued.

“But it doesn't go with the song does it?” Rarity asked.

“Hey I've seen plenty of music videos where the video has nothing to do with the song.”

“Well fine, if you want to do the video so bad you take care of all the handling!” She then turned around and left.

“Sheesh, I wasn't asking to take over or anything,” Rainbow said as she rubbed the back of her head.

“I think maybe it's time we call it a day,” Twilight suggested. “Let us cool our heads and try to work something out tomorrow.”

“That's probably best,” Applejack agreed. “I'll try talking to Rarity since I'm sure all of this has put a lot of pressure on her.”


Fluttershy offered Twilight a ride back to her house and again Twilight could look at the house with concern. “I still don't like doing this…”

“This again?” Spike asked. “They're your parents Twilight just not...ponies.”

“Honestly, when I planned this I didn't take this part into account...but you're right, I have nothing to worry about.”

Once she stepped inside, she heard Velvet's voice come from the kitchen. “Twilight, is that you!?”

“Hi Mom!” That's right, just think it's mom and you're all just in some alternate dimension…

“Oh good, you're home just in time! I'm making lasagna!”

“Oh baby…” Spike started panting happily. “Nothing beats lasagna night.”

“I know Spike, I promise her cooking is just as good in Equestria.” She hesitated before she went into the kitchen. It's weird...I have no issue lying to Celestia but I can't do it to my-her parents. I have to tell them...I just hope they don't think their daughter has been kidnapped.

Twilight then walked into the kitchen where she saw Twilight Velvet and Night Light sitting at the small island inside. “There she is,” Velvet smiled. “It seems like you girls were busy today.”

“Oh...yeah. Somehow Rarity got us into doing this music video contest.”

“I can't say I'm surprised,” Night Light said.

“Well, if we happen to win, we'll receive $25,000 which will help pay off the debt for Camp Everfree.”

“$25,000!?” Both parents exclaimed.

Twilight giggled. “Yep, not sure where they get the money for that but I'm sure it'll help the mall get more business.”

“You know, when we were younger we didn't have easy opportunities to get money quick,” Night Light said.

“Nope, back then it was all honest work,” Velvet added. “But I know if anyone can win, it's you girls.”

Twilight smiled. “Thanks you two…” She knew she couldn't beat around the bush any longer and took a seat. “Listen...there's something I need to tell you two.”

“What is it dear?” Night Light asked.

“Well...this is going to sound absolutely crazy but... I'm not Twilight. At least not the Twilight you know. I'm not sure if she ever told you but I'm from a different dimension of sorts. Anyway, your daughter and I switched places so I'm here and she's over there. I'm sorry, I just didn't feel good about keeping the truth from you, but I promise she's just fine! But I can understand if you both would be upset about this.”

Velvet and Night Light looked at one another. “Oh we already knew,” Night Light said.

“...Huh?”

“Yes, I'm afraid it was terribly obvious,” Velvet laughed. “Our Twilight hates wearing contacts, says they can mess up your eyes.”

“Other than that, call it parents’ intuition,” Night Light grinned.

“Wait...you knew but you didn't say anything?” Twilight asked.

“We wanted to see how long you could go, but we appreciate your honesty,” Velvet asked. “And no, we're not upset. In a way, you're still our daughter so that makes us family. I'm assuming your mother and father are just as loving?”

Twilight smiled as she felt her throat tighten slightly. “Very much.”

“Then there's nothing to be upset about,” Night Light said. “Just don't tell our real daughter she's missing lasagna night.”

As dinner time finally arrived, the three of them talked continuously throughout, mostly Twilight as she explained about her world, what she did, and how she got here in the first place. Surprisingly, the two adults seemed to take it all in rather well. They also had no issue with her sleeping in Twilight's own room, even as she offered to sleep elsewhere.

By the time Twilight went to her room, she felt mentally drained. She looked around and saw the many awards that her counterpart had won in the past. “She's certainly kept herself busy,” Twilight commented.

“She's been doing this stuff since she was five,” Spike explained. “She didn't get the lab til she was thirteen and she almost had to beg for that one.”

Twilight snorted in amusement. “Doesn't sound too different than me…” She then heard the sound of something vibrating and looked to see the journal that Sunset had given her counterpart. “That must be Sunset.” She went over and picked up the journal, flipping to the last page. As she read, her face went pale and her hands started to shake.

“Twilight, what's wrong?” Spike asked.

“We got a big problem,” Twilight said. “Of nightmarish proportions.”