• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 2,612 Views, 61 Comments

Kung Fu Dragon 2 - CartoonNerd12



The sequel to Kung Fu Dragon. Where things get tense for our Dragon Warrior!

  • ...
4
 61
 2,612

Chapter 4

The train chugged on into the night. The girls and Spike were sleeping in the bunk car. But the dragon was fidgeting in his sleep as a nightmare overwhelmed him.

Spike found himself in the middle of a forest where he saw two figures walking away, they looked like dragons!

He called out, "Mom? Dad?! Is that you?!" he ran to them.

The figures turned and Spike could see they resembled him greatly, with the male being a masculine version of him and the female looked just like him but with lipstick and eyelashes.

The male said, "Oh, hey, son…"

The female said, "Honey, what are you doing here?"

Spike replied, "I came looking for you guys!"

The female dragon said nonchalantly, "Oh, we decided we didn't want you…"

Tears welled in Spike's eyes, "But-but… I'm your son…"

The male dragon scoffed, "If you were a real dragon, that changeling wouldn't have beaten you in battle today!"

"But I am a real dragon!"

The two dragons laughed nastily at him.

He kept repeating, "I am a real dragon! I am a real dragon! I am a real dragon!"

He muttered in his sleep while tossing and turning, "I am a real dragon… I am a real dragon…" he woke up with a startle. He looked around to see he was still on the train heading toward the Crystal Empire. He groaned as he got up knowing he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep after that dream. As he shuffled passed the girls, Applejack found herself awake just in time to see the dragon going into the next car.

Spike slumped and sighed into a seat while looking out the window to see parts of Equestria going by. All the while Luna's moon and stars shone bright in the sky. If he had not just gotten that bad dream he could enjoy the scenery better.

"Spike?" a voice softly called out.

He turned to see Applejack standing there without her hat, and when a moonbeam hit her, he found himself gapping at what a vision she was. But he quickly shook out of it and asked her, "What are you doing up?"

"The better question would be, what are you doing up?" she slowly approached him.

"I was… thinking of our plan to getting Cadence and Shining Armor out."

"And?"

"And what?"

"And what else are you thinking of? I've known you for three years now, Spike. I can tell when somethin' is buggin' ya…"

He sighed and laid his head back on the seat, "I just found out my dad really isn't my dad…"

She gave a weary look, "Your dad… the draconequus?"

He nodded.

She deadpanned, "That must have been quite a shock…"

He slightly chuckled, "You just love to state the obvious, don't you?"

She merely shrugged, "I call it like I see it."

A small smirk crept on his lips, "Well, you're right to call it out, because honestly I knew for a very long time he wasn't my true dad. Sure he raised me but I always wanted to know what my real parents were like…"

She nodded in understanding, "I get that…"

"What were your parents like?"

Applejack was a bit taken back by the question but when seeing how much distress Spike was in, she answered honestly, "I knew them for a brief time. I was just a young filly when they…" tears started escaping her eyes. To her surprise she felt someone wiping away her tears; she turned to see two gentle green draconic eyes staring at her.

He softly said, "I'm sorry…" still keeping his hand close to her face.

"It's alright…" she pointed to the window closest to them, "Sometimes when I see two shooting stars out my bedroom window, I like to think it's them watching me and the rest of the family…"

"Do you think that's what happened to my parents?" he asked, "They became stars to watch over me?"

"Hard to say, sugar cube… But it sure would be wonderful if that was true…"

"Did you know much about them? Your parents?"

"I'd like to think so… but there are still some things I wish I could talk to them about… I even dream of them sometimes… Like I'm a baby again and I'm in their arms feeling safe and sound…"

"You definitely have better dreams of your parents…"

"Did you have a dream of your parents just now?"

"Somewhat… I saw what I picture of them as and… they told me they didn't want me…"

"Oh, Spike…" she touched his claw that was still touching her cheek.

And there it was. That warm fuzzy feeling that Spike thought had been gone over the last three years. But now it was back and much stronger than before. If Applejack felt it too she gave no sign as she looked at him with sad eyes.

"I'm so sorry… No pony or dragon should hear that from their parents, dream or not…"

His eyes widen from her tender words and found himself getting closer to her. Applejack moved closer too with their faces almost touching. Their lips were just inches apart when suddenly a small excited alicorn princess popped between them, squealing.

"Are you guys going to kiss?!"

The two yelled in surprise and Applejack said, "Flurry! What in tarnation are ya doin' here?! You suppose to be back in Canterlot!"

"I want to help save my mommy and daddy!"

Spike shook his head, "It's too dangerous for you."

"But I know where they are!"

They exchanged a look and a sigh then Applejack started goin' back to the other car, "I'll go wake up the gals and tell 'em that we got a new recruit."


Once the girls were all awake and learned about Flurry stowing away, Rarity addressed the princess.

"Really, Flurry, I admire you trying to save your parents but this is not a mission for young fillies!"

Fluttershy fretted, "Yes! It's much too risky for you to be here with us!"

"But I can help! I know every inch of the Empire and I know where my mommy and daddy are kept!"

Spike said, "She does have a point."

Applejack motioned, "Bottom line, we could use her expertise when we're trying to sneak around the kingdom."

Rainbow gestured, "You stick close to me, kid, and I'll make sure no changeling comes near you!"

Flurry smiled, "Okay, Rainbow Dash."

Applejack proclaimed, "Then it's settled once the train stops at the station, Flurry can quickly lead us to the castle. Then from there we get Shining Armor and Cadence out and message Twilight to take back the Empire. It's foolproof."

They agreed but Pinkie pointed out.

"But… what would happen if the Changelings were expecting us and we end up getting caught and Queenie had this whole other plan we didn't know about and it causes us to think of a contingency plan. Only that plan goes wrong and we had to rely on some unexpected force to rescue us all?!"

The group looked her like she was crazy but of course this was Pinkie Pie so…

Rainbow said, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen."

Pinkie shrugged, "Just thought I'd asked."

The others either shook their heads or roll their eyes.


When the morning sun shone bright in the sky, Chrysalis took a seat on Cadence's throne.

"Ah… revenge is sweet…"

A changeling next to her inquired, "Pardon me my queen but I thought you wanted to make the prince and princess suffer? Locking them up seems kind-of anti-climatic…"

"Oh, don't worry… I have big plans for them… But I need to make sure those plans don't get undone in the meantime… Speaking of…" she turned to the zebra in the room, "What is my future like at this point, Zecora?"

The zebra held an herbal bowl to her face, "If you continue your current path with pompous air, you'll find yourself… at the bottom of the stairs."

Chrysalis could see she had indeed walked down from the throne as Zecora was talking. The head changeling scowled, "You're trying my patience…"

"I see, Changeling Queen…pain and anger often unseen."

"You're just telling me things that happening-"

"Now? The most important time is now…but if you really want to see the future, this is how…" She threw a powder in the bowl and smoke arose, making pictures. "A dragon living among ponies can defeat the queen with ease. He will use a special power that the queen does not know of this very hour…Nothing has changed nor can be rearranged."

A look of fear came over Chrysalis as she quickly smashed the bowl, "That's impossible! And you know it! There are no more dragons living near ponies… I made sure of that!"

"But it is not impossible, and even he knows it's probable…" Zecora turned her head to the door.

"What?" The queen questioned right as Thorax burst into the room.

"Your Highness! We saw him! A dragon living with the ponies!"

Chrysalis gnashed her teeth and used her magic to grab hold of her minion, bringing him closer to her face as she menacingly said, "And you would know this why?"

Thorax gulped, "There was a tiny princess that was here in the castle…"

"WHAT?! They had a brat?! Why wasn't I made aware of this sooner?!"

Thorax stammered, "S-she… e-escaped the palace, we had to go after her…"

"To where?"

"Canterlot…" he squeaked.

Fury was burning in the queen's eyes at this point, as she asked in a low tone, "And where are your companions now…?"

"They've… they've been captured… I was the only that got away…" he ducked his head down.

Chrysalis looked like she was about to explode until an eerie calm came over her. She slowly smirked at Thorax, "As disobedient as you and your cohorts were to go behind my back like that… I will forgive this transgression given you have warned me about the dragon living with ponies… and seeing how you were the only one of your brothers to escape, I want you to be the one to find the dragon's weaknesses when he comes here…"

Thorax looked up in confusion as the queen let him go.

"You… you want me to…? But what happens if he recognizes me?!"

Chrysalis shouted angrily, "Then you use your powers to disguise yourself, idiot!"

Thorax gulped, "Right… of course… forgive me, your majesty…" he buzzed out of there, not wanting to further fuel his queen's wrath.

Chrysalis turned to Zecora with a smirk, "See? The odds are in my favor. Had my minions not gone after that princess, I never would have found out that a dragon was still here in Equestria… and the best part is, he'll be coming to me which means I can do something about him! So you see, you can change the future!" she cackled.

Zecora gave no emotion as she merely replied, "Your actions have come to full circle, nothing is amiss. For the future is no longer yours… but his…"