• Published 29th May 2017
  • 368 Views, 32 Comments

Return to Wonderland - Hazel_Hester777



Lauren Faust returns to Wonderland

  • ...
 32
 368

Trying to Get Along

“Let me out!” Rainbine yelled as she banged against the window of her room. Behind her, several other Pony Freaks were just watching. Some were just watching her, others decided to tinker with whatever was around, some tried to find other ways out, and some just lied down on the floor or beds obviously given up and bored.

“Rainbine, we already tried!” Pinkis groaned in annoyance as she lied down on the floor.

“Not even Brutalight’s magic could scratch it” Rarifruit spoke from her book.

“And can you please keep it down?” the Fluttershout yelled at the cyborg as she covered a sleeping Brutalight’s ears. “Brutalight is trying is trying to sleep!”

From the viewing pane, Lauren and the others just watched on. It pained her to see her Creations like this. The Pony Freaks were Inverted Shadow’s by default, but she still felt the connection to her and them. It hurt her to see them in such a state.

Hazel was brought out, though she was in a wheelchair and in her black dress. She was barely paying attention and now just dozed off and on. There were restraints on her arms and legs just in case things weren’t gonna go well. Though, she already took her meds before leaving the asylum, so her drowsiness was probably induced by that.

The tired, half-insane girl was being wheeled by a Brony in Equestria Girl form. He had pink skin, deeper pink hair, and blue eyes. He looked like the Equestria Girl form of Pinkamena as a boy. He wore a red shirt with a pair of white pants.

Beside him were two other boys, the ones who were Lauren’s guides in the facility. One was older than the other. One who was younger had white skin, light purple hair, and blue eyes. Grey jeans, purple shirt with a snowflake on it, white jacket, purple scarf, blue sneakers.
The older one had navy blue skin, black hair, and yellow eyes. He wore black jeans, light blue shirt with a thunder cloud and bolts on it, and a black beanie cap.

“How long have they been like this?” Lauren asked the half-awake Pegasister.

She opened one eye half-lidded. “Since your last season…they were really destructive and depressed… had to bring them all here…to protect the others…and themselves…” she girl spoke softly as she tried to sleep. “…thought…you…abandoned…them…”

Lauren nodded. “Is there any way I could, you know, talk to them?”

“Be careful…” the girl let out a yawn.

The one wheeling her spoke up. “Some of them are rather easy to talk to, but others aren’t so much. It would probably help if you start with either the weakest or strongest one”

Lauren nodded. “Thank you for the advice, Shadow Kirby”

“Please, Queen Lauren” he nodded in respect. “You may call me Shadow”

“Well, you could just call me Lauren. I’m not that used to formalities”

He nodded as he looked down at Hazel, who already dozed off again. “We have to find her Familiar, soon”

Lauren nodded.

“I think you better start with Applepills” the older one, called Shadow Thunder spoke up. “Brother?”

The younger one, called Arctic Ace nodded. He handed over a familiar-looking Stetson. “She lost it when she turned into a Freak. The transformation must’ve blown it off her head to avoid her from remembering herself. I didn’t know who owned it at first until I found her old cutie mark inside”

Lauren nodded before taking the hat and heading over to the door. Shadow went over and opened the door for. Wishing her luck, she closed the door behind her. He then looked over to Hazel. He bent over to eye-level with his adopted child. She was so weak and tired. He fixed a lock of stray hair behind her ear, making her nuzzle into his wrist.

“We’ll find her, Hazel. We’ll bring her back”

________________________________________

Lauren entered the room silently. She didn’t want to alarm any of them by sudden entrances so she tried to be quiet. Of course, some of them just heard her and darted eyes to her. Even Fluttershout, who was asleep before, just woke up.

“Hey girls” Lauren gave a warm smile.

The only response she got were all of them hiding under the beds.

That was kinda expected. Lauren thought that they may react either frightened or violently towards her. Still, she didn’t back down. She looked under some of the beds and smiled at one.

“Is that you, Fluttershy?” she called when she saw Fluttershout.

“It’s Fluttershout!” the beige mare growled.

Lauren flinched from that. She knew they changed their names when they turned into Freaks, but she didn’t expect the change in attitude, most especially around Flutters. Still, she went over to them. Each time she passed by one under a bed, they would either throw a glare, growl, do both, or even threaten that they would kill her. Finally, she came over to see Applepills.

“Hey, I got something of yours, something that you lost” she spoke softly to her. She then took out the Stetson and held it infront of her. “When you were a Normal, you wore this all the time. It meant a lot to you, remember?”

Applepills eyed the item suspiciously. The others around were already hissing.

“I’ll just put this here” she put the Stetson down infront of Applepills’ bed, but near enough for her to reach it. She backed up slightly so as to not scare her or anything.

The earth pony looked at her suspiciously before she reached for the hat. Once she was within range, she grabbed it and pulled back fast. She then eyed the object with a glare. She felt around for it. Soon enough, she felt something about this hat. Though she forgot about it, she felt some connection and value to it. Curious, she soon put it on her head.

She felt memories come back to her when the object perched on her head once again. She felt its value began to run back to her. She remembered all those memories she lost when she became a pill-addicted Pony Freak. They all flooded in all at once. That was when she remembered who she was before, and who her first Maker was.

The other Pony Freaks looked at her suspiciously. Lauren just gave a warm smile. She knew that smile anywhere.

“Mother Lauren?”

The others just perked up and looked confused at their comrade and then at Lauren, who nodded with a warm smile. “Hello Applejack”

The orange Freak went out from under the bed and over to Lauren, keeping her hat on. She felt at her Maker’s face as though for assurance. She felt the connection. It was still there. Weak, but still there.

“Mother?” she then hugged her former Maker tightly as tears swam into her eyes.

Lauren held her tightly as well in maternal embrace. “It’s okay, AJ”

“Mother…”

“It’s okay”

From the viewing pane, the four with Lauren were watching on, happy to see that they got one back on their side. Hazel was able to keep one eye up to watch it. She smiled faintly with satisfaction.

The other Freaks began to go confused. Yet one was just glaring angrily. All she saw was a threat to her group.

________________________________________

Later on, the orderlies of the facility managed to bring the group out of the room and into a talking room. They had to put a spell on them to avoid the Freaks from using their powers and attacking them. The only one who seemed rather pacified at the moment was Applepills, who still held her hat closely. The others just looked annoyed and angry at her.

“Okay, Freaks…” Doctor spoke to them.

“Elements of Insanity!” Brutalight angrily corrected. Beside her, Fluttershout and Rarifruit nodded in agreement.

“Fine” he spoke in monotone. “Anyway, through some events that you are needed, and upon Queen Lauren Faust’s requests, I will allow you six out of your dorm rooms and move into her house for the completion of your therapy”

“Yes!” Applepills exclaimed happily, even standing up from her chair and offering a hoof. “We’d love to!”

“Oh shut it, pill addict!” Pinkis yelled, kicking her cousin in the hind leg, and forcing her to sit down again.

“Thank you, Pinkis” Brutalight thanked the cannibal. “There is now way am I, or any of my friends for that matter, are going with that that freak of a Maker!”

“Too late” Arctic Ace called up as he peeked in through the door. “The van for transportation is already here!”

That set of a different reaction in each Freak. Applepills practically squealed in delight. Rainbine dropped her jaw. Rarifruit’s eye twitched. Pinkis was pulling at her mane. Fluttershout was screaming inside. But Brutalight? Oh man, she flat out let a scream of rage out.

________________________________________

“I can’t believe we’re here in this house with our former Maker!” Brutalight yelled.

She and the others just kept rambling on and on in their new room. Although, they already lost Rarifruit when she lied down on the bed and remembered what it felt like to live freely. That mare seemed to have retained one thing even as a Freak: She’s still got a taste for sophistication.

The others were not so easily pacified. Pinkis kept trying to break the walls in an attempt to escape. Fluttershout kept on letting her Ear Rape out on a pillow on ‘her’ bed, though it was a miracle it hadn’t been blown into smithereens from all her screaming. Rainbine just kept trying to break the windows with her gun, but found that her weapons were taken from her. And Brutalight had just gone tired form her own attempts of escape and lied down on ‘her’ bed.

But the ones with horns couldn’t use them as a Restriction ring was put on them, and it was even stuck. Those with wings couldn’t even use them anymore as some spell was put to paralyze them.

Finally, the struggling four just got tired and lied down on where they were. “Are the walls made of metal or what?” Pinkis flopped to her side.

“I lost my guns!” Rainbine whined before falling to the floor.

“They couldn’t…even…get us out…of that confinement room…what’s the difference?” Fluttershout panted on her bed. Strangely enough, she didn’t lose her voice despite all that screaming.

“I hate her!” Brutalight referred to Lauren.

Fluttershout growled at the thought. “I hate them!”

“Great! We’re trapped in a house with someone who was able to get my mother and my cousin to remember who they were back then, and now she’s trying to do the same thing to us!” Pinkis whined. “Mom, seriously, get a hold of yourself!”

“But Pinkis dear, you must admit: It’s been a long time since we last felt anything so soft like this!” she giggled as she rolled on her bed.

“Just for a bed and you act like a filly again! Wow! This is weird even for the Queen of Greed!” Rainbine crossed her hooves.

“Has everyone calmed down?” Lauren’s voice rang from the other side of the door.

The four just groaned as the other two jumped up happily. “Yep! They’re pooped!” Applepills cheered.

Right then, Lauren entered the room. She was able to see how they were all doing. The four were so tired that they could only growl and glare at her now.

“Okay, come on, everyone! Time for dinner!”

“Coming!” Applepills and Rarifruit spoke together as they went off their beds and went out of the room. The other four were too tired to even get up.

Lauren chuckled at their behavior. “Hold on” she then turned into her Alicorn form and used her magic to lift the tired four in the air. They all just sighed and let it be, praying she wouldn’t try as much as to spoon feed them due to their exhaustion.

After a good dinner, Lauren lead them all back to their room. “I’m sorry you all had to stay in the same room, and or the restraints. They told me it was for safety”

“Meh, it’s fine!” Applepills brushed it off.

“Besides, it’s been a long time since we’ve slept together!” Rarifruit was later on hit by a Direct Ear Rape Scream from Fluttershout.

“I loved the freedom of sleeping alone!” the beige mare glared at the Unicorn.

“I second the motion!”

“Me too!”

“Same here!”

“Oh, but surely, you remember when I let you guys sleep together, right?” Lauren leaned at Brutalight, close enough as though to give her a kiss on the forehead.

The mare just pushed her away. “You give me a kiss on the forehead, and I will break you!”

“But, Twilight, don’t you remember when I gave you that? You always loved it”

“My name is Brutalight! That sweet little Twilight you know is gone! And I will never call you Mother!”

“Neither will I!”

“Me too!”

“I hate you!”

Lauren sighed before she tucked all of them in with her magic. This embarrassed some of them, and left some even growling.

“Goodnight, girls. Hope you have pleasant dreams!” she spoke as she closed the door behind her.

“I hope you don’t” Brutalight growled under her breath. She then looked to her side to see Fluttershout muttering curse words under her breath.
“Shouty?”

“Yeah?”

“Mind if you sing for me tonight? I really need to listen to something Freak-like right now or I’ll go nuts”

The beige mare nodded with a smile for her Leader. “What will it be, Brutalight?”

“Who wants to hear ‘Cannibal’?” Brutalight asked the rest of the group.

Rainbine and Pinkis raised their hooves while Applepills and Rarifruit covered their ears. Fluttershout took a breath and began to sing ‘Cannibal’.