• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,973 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,973

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37 - Boast Busters Part 4

It was getting dark and I was searching for Spike. I finally find him walking around aimlessly. I was going to surprise him when we heard yelling. Snips and snails were running extremely fast.

"Hey, guys. Where are you going?"

"Can't talk," Snips says.

"Got a major problem." Snails say.

"Yeah. Ursa Major to be exact." Suddenly a huge roar made Spike jump and look behind him in horror. He starts to run away. I look at the Ursa Minor. I smile a little bit and jump on his back. It doesn't seem like he noticed me.

"Onwards!" I say quietly. Careful not to draw it's attention to my being on it's back.

"TRIXIE!!!" Snips and snails yell.

"TWILIGHT!!!" Yells spike.
----------------------------------------------------------------------Soon.---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard Snips and snails banging on Trixie's wagon door.

"Trixie! Trixie!"

"Trixie thought the great and powerful Trixie told you she did not want to be disturbed."

"Um... Heh heh... We actually have a tiny problem.

"Actually, it's a big one."

"What is so important that you cannot wait until morning to disturb Trixie?"

"HOW'S THIS!!!" I yell as the Ursa Minor stomps into town. I could see Trixie's disturbed face from here. She suddenly screamed and began running away. Snips and Snails following closely behind. The Ursa minor stomps on Trixie's wagon. Soon enough, they were cornered.

"Great and Powerful Trixie. You have to vanquish the Ursa."

"Yeah, Vanquish, so we can watch." Just guess who that was?

"It took a lot of trouble to get that thing here."

"What? You two brought it here? I thought lightningman brought it here to prove me wrong!" Trixie asked in horror. "Are you out of your pony minds?" I then yell down.

"Yep... Pretty much. They'll adore anybody's claims and fight to the tooth and nail that they are right."

"But, You're the great and powerful Trixie!"

"Yeah, remember? You defeated an Ursa Major." The minor heard this and perked up in anger. They roared at them in rage. This pathetic thing defeating its family? Impossible.

"Uh... Ok... Stand back." She starts to concentrate and brings some rope and ties together two of its fingers. "Heh... piece of cake." The minor looks at it and breaks it with bringing the two fingers apart.

"aww.. come on Trixie."

"Stop goofing around and vanquish it, eh?" Trixie gulps and concentrates more, forming up a storm cloud to zap him. But it doesn't zap.

"Well... That was a dud."

"Yeah, come on... Where's all the cool explosions and smoke and stuff you do? You know?" It suddenly zaps him and the lightning travels through the minor's body into me.

"Yeah. Besides, Magically charged lightning always goes to me. Remember?" The Ursa minor looks mildly annoyed and opens its mouth.

"Uh oh." Trixie whimpers. They zip away.

"You alright Minor?" I ask as I gently pet the spot where the lightning struck. The minor looked like it was about to throw me off. But grunts as it feels me comforting it. The Ursa then surprised me and smiled.

"You want to go home, don't you?" The Ursa nods. "Well, I know the way home, you just need to let Twilight magic you home, alright? She'll even give you some milk to drink for the trip there. Are you ok with that?" The Ursa seemed to consider me and nods. He moves his paw to me and places me on its head.

"Good... Um... what gender are you?" The Ursa looks at me in confusion before getting a clue. It brings me down and I see.

"Oh god... Ok, you're a guy." He nods and puts me back on Its head. "I should probably name you. I can't just keep calling you Ursa. Hmm..... How about Storm? Because that's what Trixie was trying to create before she ran off." Storm nods at the name."Alright then. ONWARDS!!!" I cry as Storm roars. He runs and bites down on a building. I see quite a few ponies running away from us. I then see Twilight. But she didn't see me yet. She looks and jumps besides snips and snails.

"What's going on?"

"We brought an Ursa to town," Snips says.

"YOU WHAT!"

"Don't worry, the great and powerful Trixie will vanquish it." I gently lean down and whisper in storm's ear.

"Don't worry, her magic is sub-par at best. She won't hurt you. And Twilight knows your just a baby, so she won't hurt you." But Trixie was gulping and sighed.

"I can't."

"WHAT!" Snips and snails cry.

"I can't and I never have. Noone can vanquish an Ursa Major, I just made it up to make me look better."

"MADE IT UP!?" they yelled in shock. I then pulled a Jim Carrey and stood up. (Skip to 1:42.)

After that Twilight looked up and saw me.

"Lightningman! What are you doing?"

"I'm just waiting for you to send Storm back home."

"Storm?" She asked and then when the Ursa wave she blanched.

"YOU NAMED HER?"

"It's him actually. But yeah. I told him that you wouldn't hurt him."

Twilight gulped and stepped up. the Ursa sat down and I slid down his back.

"See ya later Storm! I'll follow you home and that way I can visit you." storm nodded and waited. Twilight started to concentrate and the wind began to blow, cracking some reeds and making music for him to listen to. The Ursa began to sway to the music.

"Nice use of number 16." Said Spike quietly. Suddenly the aura around twilights horn began to grow. levitating the water tower and emptying it. going through a barn and milking all the cows.

"That's new," Spike said. The Ursa began to tip but twilight levitated him and the milk bottle, giving it to him and sending them back home. I began to run after him. I was getting tired when I saw his cave. I run inside.

"YO! MAMA! YOUR BABY IS COMING HOME!" I call to get the major's attention. She was about to growl when she saw that her baby was coming in unharmed. She smiled and pick him out of the magic aura.

"Hi," I whispered to not wake him. "My name is lightningman. I came to say sorry from the citizens of ponyville about drawing your baby away from his nap and worrying you. Storm is actually really nice." The major raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, that's what I named him." I smile. "Someone tried to call a storm to scare him away, but it didn't work. I calmed him down and brought him to Twilight. She was the one that gave the bottle to him and brought him home." The major smiled and put her hand near me. I jumped into it and she put me on the minor's head.

"Wow, you trust me that much now? Thanks. I hope we can be friends. I extended my hand which to her was miniature. But she extended a finger which I shook.

"But can you throw me back home? I already know the way here, and I'm tired. Don't worry about you being too hard, ill be fine." I smile. She nods and I jump in her hand. She then throws me like a softball player out of the cave. I saw ponyville coming fast.

"INCOMING!!!!!!" I yell. I crash between Twilight and everybody else. I get up and spit some dirt out of my mouth. "PHOO Bleh. That tastes horrible." I get up and stretch. I turn to Twilight. "I already apologized to the Ursa for ponyville. They aren't mad."

"Then why did you just slam in front of us?"

"I was tired when I got there, and I asked her to throw me home."

"Oh." But then she turned to her friend and gulped.

"Well, I know how much you hated Trixie showing off with her magic tricks and I just thought..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Magic's got nothing to do with it. Trixie's just a loudmouth." Said Rainbow Dash.

"Most unpleasant." Rarity agreed.

"All hat and no cattle." Said Applejack.

"So you don't mind my magic?" Twilight asked

"Your magic is a part of who you are, sugarcube. And we like who you are. We're proud to have such a powerful talented unicorn as our friend. We also like having a hero as our friend as well." Applejack said

"Especially after you kicking that Ursa's hindquarters."

"Um. She just brought him home." I frown.

"Yeah, I was wondering, how'd you know what to do with that Ursa Major?" Spike asked

"That's what I was doing when you were looking for me. I was intrigued buy Trixie's bragging that I felt like I should do a little reading about them.

"So it is possible to vanquish an Ursa Major by yourself?" Spike asked. Twilight and I looked at each other before bursting out laughing.

"What?"

"That wasn't a major, That was a minor. A baby." I said.

"That was just a baby?"

"Yep, I talked to its mom when it was sent home."

"Yeah. and it wasn't rampaging, it was cranky because someone woke it up." Both Twilight and I glared at Snips and Snails.

"If that was a minor. What is a Major like?"

"Think minor, but times the size by about 5 or 6. Oh, and it's also hairier and it's purple with a blue star on its head." I smile. Everyone gulps.

"Huh. You may have vanquished an Ursa minor, but you will never have the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie!" Suddenly a flash of smoke and Trixie is running away.

"Why, that little..." Rainbow Dash was just about to fly after her when she heard Twilight say.

"Just let her go. Maybe someday she'll learn her lesson. " She turned to snips and snails. "Now, about you two."

"For drawing that Ursa minor here and worrying her mother which would have resulted in the entirety of ponyville destroyed because of her looking for him. You get a week of community service."

"Hmm... I agree." Twilight nodded and I was walking away to Fluttershy's.
--------------------------------------------------------------soon.-------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Ursa is back home. You can let the animals out now."

"Alright." She nods and all of the animals start to stream out.

"Also, later I want to introduce you to some new animal friends that I met."

"Who?" She asked.

"The Ursa Minor and Ursa Major. The minor's name is Storm, and I have yet to name the Major."

"Y-you befriended the Ursa's?" She asked amazed. "Not even I have been able to do that."

"The major never had a reason to trust you, and the minor just listens to her mom to stay away from ponies and protect itself." I guessed.

"That makes sense."

"Yeah. But goodnight Fluttershy." I lean down and kiss her. I smile and leave her blushing and motionless.

Author's Note:

Guess what Darkning is going to get?

PreviousChapters Next