• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 4,114 Views, 248 Comments

Living in the Present, Hoping for the Future. - FlutterDash979797



Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash seek each other for help and discover something more within themselves.

  • ...
5
 248
 4,114

S'mores

"Angel and Tank, we have something to tell you. Come over here and take a seat on the couch.” A delicate yellow hoof strangled her love’s, feeling their pulses synchronize. Fluttershy took the far side of the couch, effortlessly falling into it’s comfort. She quietly awaited the touch of the rainbow daredevil, slipping herself under a loving cyan wing as her companion made herself comfortable.

"Angel, behave man! Look, you can have your fun later. Do it for our moms." Tank climbed aboard next to the pegasi and forced an artificial gesture.

"Okay. But believe me..." The bunny bounced eagerly, rattling the springs of Wind Pierce’s old couch.

"I don't have to believe man! Just shut up and look happy for them!"

"Alright. You boys look like you were having a good time. Rainbow and I are..." Fluttershy giggled for a few seconds and buried her head into Dash’s embrace. "Rainbow, what are we?"

"Umm... In love? Or some sappy thing like that," Rainbow smirked. Fluttershy wrested in her figure and spawned laughs of insecurity and uncertainty. She’s so cute when she giggles, Rainbow Dash thought as she held her delicate flower in her hooves.

Breaking the silence, Fluttershy spoke, "Yes. We love each other. We have really got to know each other over the past few days. Now, you each have two mommies!" Angel lept from the couch onto Fluttershy, engulfing her in an affectionate hug. "Oh, thank you Angel. I'm so happy you are happy for us."

Suck up, Tank thought as he approached Dash. He reached his foot outward; Rainbow proceeded to bro-hoof it.

"That's my man! Up high! To the side! Down low, too slow!"

Totally not fair mom!

Angel made his way to Rainbow and offered his fist. Dash paused for a brief second, calibrating the necessary amount of force for the bunny. A cyan missile shot forward, throwing a chaotic mess of fur out of sight. "Sorry Angel. Tank is... well, he is a little tougher." Her laughs were bottled for Fluttershy’s sake. "Well, how about we go have a fire? Go and celebrate a little?

"Sure, I'll go the chairs and food ready. You can start the fire.” Fluttershy fumbled through the pantry, "boys, why don't you get help Rainbow with the fire?"

"Hey Tank. Guess what I'm tasting?"

Tank didn't give Angel the pleasure of a response.

'Victory! And you know what it tastes like? It tastes like, really good! Like salad good! Hey, that's right... we had a bet. Cherry on top. Romaine, not iceberg! And the dressing has to be just right. Too much or too little and you will have to redo the whole thing. By the way, did you mention that I called it, like, what, three days ago? I called it Tank. I'm totally smarter than you. You were like..." Angel threw himself on all fours and began a poor impression. "No man, like really man, they aren't like, romantic man. 'm totally not as cool as Angel, man. I'm totally going to lose the bet man, ‘cause man, Angel is never wrong! So like, I'm going to bet him anyway, so he can get a salad, man! Chill bro!"

Tank’s patience shattered into a hundred pieces.. "I do not sound like that!"

"Whatever. I won! I won! Throwing his paws in the air, the energetic ball of fur raced around his slow friend.

"Why don't we play Goldeneye later tonight? Or Super Smash Bros?" Tank hoped to change the subject, despite however futile the task might have been.

"I don't care! I don't care! I beat the tortoise!"

Angel's words sent painful flames through Tank’s ears. "Look, Angel, how much longer are you going to keep this up?"

"After my salad? Three weeks, ‘cause you're an okay tortoise. Normally I would hassle for about five."

"I'll get you your salad, man. Just focus on Dash and Fluttershy now. They are really happy together. And if this continues, we will need to play nice more and more."

"Fine... but I'm not going to stop, you know?"

"I know that!"

"Hey Tank and Angel. Help me find some wood!" Dash hovered over the forest floor, collecting select pieces of wood. "Alright boys. Look for tiny pieces. We need some tinder."

The trio gathered several bunches of tinder and slowly relayed them into the fire pit. Angel could only hold a few pieces, however, his rapid hopping allowed him to compete equally with Tank and Dash. "It's turning into quite the fire. So just throwing it out there, did you guys see it coming? I mean, the driver mistook us for a couple. We've been friends for so long."

Tank shook his head.

"I think you know more... did you guys set us up or something?"

The twigs in Angel's arms were thrown rapidly before he dove into the grass. He then proceeded to roll several times in laughter.

"Okay, there's no hiding it. Something is up. That crazy bunny couldn't keep a secret, huh? How much did you know?"

Tank shrugged his shoulders at the question, trying to deny all of Dash's assertions.

"What did you boys do? Did you set us up or something? Or did you have suspicions? Come on Tank; you're my bro! I'm not gonna get mad at ya’,"

Uh... What do I tell her? Tank pointed to Angel and tried to suggest he was crazy to Dash.

"Well, I get that much. Whatever. I'm happy with Fluttershy, so if you two planned some kind of crazy scheme or something... well...” a smile arose on the athlete’s face, “then thanks."

But we only bet and knew it from the start... well... Angel anyway.

"Hey guys. I got the s’more stuff ready. Ever had s'mores Dashie?" Fluttershy balanced a tray with her hoof and placed in on a chair next to the fire.

"Long time ago, when I was a filly. Can't wait to try again!" Dash impaled a marshmallow with a small stick and roasted it in the charred embers.

"Don't burn it... well unless you like it that way."

"Nah, I'm going to get it a nice golden brown! That's what everyone says is the best!" Rainbow poked her stick into the edges of the fire.

"I guess I'll have one too. Tank and Angel, would you like one too? I can make you one,” Fluttershy mothered.

Angel quickly ran over and signaled yes to his caretaker.

"Okay Angel. I will get one for you right away. Tank, are you hungry bud?"

"I'll make one for him! How many marshmallows? One or two?" Dash searched for another stick while her's sat next to the fire.

Tank raised only one foot.

"Alright, one marshmallow it is!"

"So, you boys seem happy about us. Don't worry though; we won't forget about spending time with guys too. Rainbow and I were thinking... How about we all take a boat trip together to the river tomorrow?" Fluttershy softly spoke.

Both Tank and Angel agreed with Fluttershy's plan.

"It's going to be so awesome! I'm going to hit the rapids! But before, I'm going to have to let Miss Swimming Champ teach me some more."

"I'm not that great Rainbow... but I would love to teach you some more! And maybe the boys can try it too!"

"Oh horsefeathers!" Tank's marshmallow erupted in flames.

Fluttershy giggled. "Oh Rainbow, that happens. Try again, we got plenty of marshmallows!" She lifted her stick out from the fire to reveal a perfectly gold marshmallow. The gooey treat was wrapped between chocolate and graham crackers and handed to an anxious rabbit. “Enjoy sweetie! Make sure you take your time."

Really? The bunny devoured the entire snack in a single bite.

"Hey Fluttershy?"

"Yes Rainbow?"

"I know with the boys here this might seem like a bad time, but I'm sure they don't care. What umm... what are we? In love? Marefriends? Partners?"

"How about... oh... I don't know..."

"Well, I don't know either. I guess we can figure that out later. I'll tell you what I do know, though."

"What Rainbow?"

"That I love you." She reached over to Fluttershy and tenderly kissed her.

Both Tank and Angel found themselves disgusted with the love-struck sentiment. "Okay. I need to watch something manly now. Does Wind Pierce have any 80's action movies up here?" Angel blocked his vision at the sight of the passionate pegasui as they continued their lip lock.

"Maybe? Either way, let's get out of here man. This is really awkward."

A sinister grin arose on Angel's face. He nudged the tortoise with his elbow. "How about we go in and get some salad! Your treat!"