• Published 1st May 2017
  • 219 Views, 8 Comments

Where the Last Petal Falls - AstraPony



After hopping from family to family for years, Wilted Rose is starting to question her life.

  • ...
 8
 219

Resorting to the Last Resort

She sat in the basement on a lone wooden chair in the center of the room
She was hold some rope with her magic. She had started tying the rope. 'Maybe somepony will care. Maybe somepony will talk to you. Maybe you should just wait until tomorrow.' "NO!" Wilted Rose shouted at the voice. "Nopony loves me... Nopony care..." Tears formed in her forest green eyes. She brushed her dark maroon mane out of her eyes, thus revealing her horn. A tear trickled down her check, leaving a trail on her light crimson fur. She continued tying the knot that would end her life.

After an hour of attempts, Wilted Rose finally got the noose tied correctly. "I can't even kill myself right!" Wilted Rose cried. With the fatal knot hanging ominously over the chair, Wilted Rose knew it was time. With some paper and a quill suspended with her magic, she wrote:

'I have gone unloved and unwanted for too long. But its not like you care anyway. Don't be sorry for me. U might finally be happy. Goodbye.'

She stepped into the wooden chair. She started to slip the noose around her neck, but paused. 'Are you sure this is the right thing to do?' questioned the voice. "Yes, this is for the better. Nopony else will have to be burdened with me anymore." Wilted Rose replied. With those words, she slipped the noose around the rest of her neck. The rough, chafy rope pressed against her neck, making it hard to breath, and she hadn't even kicked the chair yet. Then again, this was preparing her for what was to come.

Then it happened. The wooden chair hit the hard, concrete floor of the basement with a thud. Wilted Rose was hanging in the air, off the ground, and couldn't breathe; but this was supposed to happen. She was committing suicide, but Wilted Rose couldn't be happier. Her vision was turning dark. 'Sweet release.' she thought. The last thing Wilted Rose remebers is smiling.