• Published 27th Feb 2017
  • 1,103 Views, 8 Comments

The Unicorn of the Crystal Empire - sonicdash123



Sequel to "Son-In-Law of Discord." A unicorn named Charming Thunder lived in the Crystal Empire cathedral ever since King Sombra's. Now he will witness what it is like outside of the cathedral at the Crystal Fair.

  • ...
6
 8
 1,103

The Battle

Dawn approaches as a crowd of ponies gathered to watch the burning of Flowing Scarf, who is on the pyre. Sombra stands next to her. Gypsies, Cadence, Twilight and her friends watch from their cages as Sombra reads from his scroll. "The prisoner Flowing Scarf has been found guilty of the crime of witchcraft," he said to the crowd. "The sentence: death." The crowd was blocked off by the soldiers as they tried to get through. They booed to Sombra as the pyre was being set up. Sombra levitates the torch and walks up to Flowing Scarf. "The time has come, gypsy. You stand upon the brink of the abyss. Yet even now, it is not too late. I can save you from the flames of this world, and the next. Choose me, or the fire." Flowing Scarf's response was a spit to the face. He then turns to the crowd. "The gypsy Flowing Scarf has refused to recant. This evil witch has put the soul of every citizen of the Crystal Empire in mortal danger...."

At the bell tower, the Diamond Dogs try to free the chained up Charming Thunder. "Come on, Charmy," Ollie said. "Snap out of it."

"Your friends are down there!" Scout said.

"It's all my fault," Charming Thunder said.

"You gotta break these chains," Layla said.

"I can't. I tried. What difference would it make?"

"But you can't let your father win and take over the kingdom again," Scout said.

"He already has won."

"So you're giving up?" Ollie asked. "That's it?"

"These chains aren't what's holding you back, Charming," Layla said as Charming Thunder got angry.

"Leave me alone!!!" Charming Thunder shouted. The Diamond Dogs finally give up and move away from Charming Thunder.

"Okay, Charmy, we'll leave you alone," Ollie said before he turned to crystal.

"After all we're only made of crystal," Scout added before he also turned to crystal.

"We just thought maybe you were made of something stronger," Layla said as she was the last one to turn to crystal. Charming Thunder only stood in place with his head looking at the ground in shame as he heard Sombra's voice from below.

"For justice, for the empire, and for her own salvation!" Sombra shouted as Charming Thunder walked to the edge to see Flowing Scarf about to be burned at the stake. "It is my shameful duty to send this poor girl back where she belongs!" Sombra lowers the torch to the pyre as Flowing Scarf struggled and the fire starts.

"NO!!!!!!" Charming Thunder shouted as he begins to pull the chains as hard as he could. He shook the very building as he pulled harder and harder until he was finally free from his chain prison. He races off and teleports to a roof of a house and looks to see the fire rising. He was quick enough to use his self-levitation spell to fly over the crowd and lands on the platform and quickly breaks the ropes binding Flowing Scarf on the pyre. A trio of guards come at him, but Charming Thunder grabs a torch and swings it at them, scaring them off. He then looks at Sombra, who looked angry as he readied a teleportation spell.

"Charming Thunder!!!" Sombra shouted. Charming Thunder teleported away with the unconscious Flowing Scarf from Sombra before he could tackle him. Twilight and the others cheered as Charming Thunder reached the top of the cathedral and stands in front of the stained glass window.

Charming Thunder then levitates Flowing Scarf's body above his head as he shouted, "Sanctuary!!!" The crowd cheered as Sombra was not pleased.

"That's my boy!!!" Radiant shouted.

"Captain!" Sombra shouted.

"Sir?" the captain asked.

"Seize the cathedral." Charming Thunder brought the still unconscious Flowing Scarf into a bedroom and lies her down on the bed.

"Don't worry," Charming Thunder said. "You'll be safe here." He then teleported in front of a beam of wood and used his magic to throw it at the advancing soldiers on the ground. They scatter like ants as Sombra got even more angry.

"Come back, you cowards." Sombra grabs the captain's sword and points at the beam. "You men, pick up that beam! Break down the door!" As the guards leave Silver's cage and one guard stays, Silver grabs the guard around the neck.

"Alone at last," Silver said. He bonks the guard on the head, and as the guard falls to the ground and he grabs the keys. The guards have begun battering the door as Silver frees himself and climbs to the top of the cage holding a spear. "Citizens of the Crystal Empire! Sombra has persecuted our people, ransacked our city! Now he has declared war on the cathedral herself! Will we allow it?" As the crowd begins to break loose the gypsies, the guards continue their assault. Soon, the crowd swarms around the door. Punji however stood on top of the cage and commentated the fight.

"Welcome to the Crystal Gypsy showdown!" Punji narrated. "It's an intense scene out there. Sombra's guards are getting their butts kicked by the gypsies. More updates at five." Above at the cathedral Charming Thunder and the Diamond Dogs watched.

"I think the cavalry's here," Ollie said. "Hey isn't that Feeble?"

"Doofus?" Layla said.

"Silver!!!" Charming Thunder said. The crowds continue to fight as Charming Thunder continues to drop things on the advancing troops. Scout drops a brick, landing square on a guard's head.

"Sorry!" Scout said. Ollie throws a rock in his mouth, then chomps it up, flies around like a bomber, ending up on the ledge. He begins spitting out pebbles like a machine gun at the soldiers. Sombra was supervising the guards as they continued to ram the door.

"Harder!" Sombra shouted. Twilight and Cadence blasted the soldiers with their magic while the others continued their fight. Meanwhile, Ollie and Scout were building a catapult. They finally were finished and ready to fire.

"Ready....aim....fire!" Scout said as him and Ollie push the catapult off the ledge, sending it crashing to the ground. Soldiers scatter as it hits. "Are you sure that's how it works?" The catapult, upside down, springs, sending the cart bottom on top of some soldiers.

"Works for me," Ollie said. Layla sends the birds to attack the guards below while the other soldiers continued to ram the door.

"Put your backs into it!!!" Sombra shouted as the soldiers rammed the door harder. Scout is using Ollie as a bellows in order to warm up the fire on the lead pot. Charming Thunder used his magic to attach a rope to it and then dumps it sending fire pouring out of the tower and onto the scattering guards below. The guards battering the door run, but Sombra manages to get in the cathedral. As he approached the stairs, Radiant magically appeared in front of him and stops him.

"Sombra, have you gone mad?" Radiant said. "I will not tolerate this assault on this cathedral."

"Silence, Radiant," Sombra said before slapping her in the face and walked past her. "Our son and I have unfinished business to attend to." He closes the door behind him and locks it. "And this time, the princesses will not interfere." He then proceeded up the cathedral to find Charming Thunder.