• Published 20th Feb 2017
  • 629 Views, 0 Comments

The Musical Calamity - Silver Inkwell



Vinyl Scratch and Octavia have their honeymoon, however it doesn't turn out quite as well as they had hoped before.

  • ...
 0
 629

The Musical Calamity

The Musical Calamity

It was their honeymoon where all the trouble started of course, naturally enough.

Don’t ask me why it happened because it already did and there’s no changing it no matter how hard you, me, we, us, or they might try, anyhow enough of my rambling rant, on with the story now then.

Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Scratch sat together in a carriage after having just being married together now then, there had been some debate about their last names, but eventually they finally decided and agreed upon Octavia changing it for no particular reason since neither of them was older than the other.

They rode in silence without any form or exchange of communication, verbal or not since Vinyl was still a mute. But then suddenly Vinyl decide to ‘talk’.

Octavia, would you love me more if I had my own voice?

Octavia was taken back by this question and had to quickly recover from her great shock and surprise, “Why would you ever ask such a stupid silly ridiculous question like that my dear? You know that I love you for exactly who you are just the way that you are, I wouldn’t change you for the whole entire world.”

But what if there was a way for me to get my voice back? Would you want me to have one no matter what the cost was or might be?

“Vinyl, even if there was a way to get your voice back, which there isn’t by the way, well I wouldn’t want you to get one for me, only if you thought that it could make you really truly happy, because if you’re happy then so am I.”

Vinyl smiled very slowly.

Thanks a lot for that, I really needed it.

“You’re welcome, but why did you need it exactly though?”

Oh, no reason at all.

She shifted in her seat very nervously at this, she was very obviously and clearly lying now. “Vinyl, I can tell when you’re lying, now tell me the truth please.”

She sighed very heavily.

Not right now, please, I don’t think that it’s safe for us, but how about after our honeymoon alright? We can talk about it then.

“Alright, fine then, you win for now, but we will talk about this later on.”

And with that said their carriage suddenly stopped.

“Well then, here we are, home sweet home.”

The place could be barely called a home much less a building, but yet it still somehow classified as one despite the shambled condition that it lay in.

Well, what do you think?

Vinyl smiled with much great expectation and Octavia didn’t want to disappoint her, so she decided to lie a bit and sugarcoat it instead.

“Uh, well it’s not quite what I expected, but so long as we’re together anything will be bearable with you always at my side,” she said trying to smile.

Vinyl started to smile even louder and then wrote something down.

I’m laughing on the inside, seriously with all the money our parents have combined together do you really truly think that they got us this dump?

“Uh-,” Octavia said quite speechless now then.

The correct answer to that question is no, I just wanted to pull a prank on you first, just a little tiny joke to start off our honeymoon, anyhow the real true house is somewhere else, come on, let me show it to you, I already know the way.

And with that said Octavia followed very closely behind Vinyl as she slowly led her to one of the most beautiful elegant houses that she had ever seen before.

She had to control herself by not crying and eventually managed to do so.

“It’s beautiful,” she said.

Hey look, you can cry, it’s totally cool and you’re not in high society anymore, you definitely do not need to obey any of the rules, not anymore at least.

Octavia started to cry unable to manage the joy deep down within inside her.

See? What did I tell you? Crying’s totally okay to do sometimes.

And with that said they slowly walked toward the house that was more like a mansion instead, and where the last house had looked like it had been burnt, was black and in shambled ruins this one stood proud and tall, white and grand, vast, wide, elegant, and just perfect for the two of them to live in together.

“But how-?”

Let’s just say that your parents and my parents did some performances for the princesses back in the day and then they put that money in a bank account and well they decided to buy us this as our wedding present, that and a few other gifts that we’ll need that we have already received back at our wedding.

“Yeah, tell your mom thanks for the chairs and tables.”

Don’t worry, I will, anyhow do you like it?

“Do I like it? No, I don’t…”

Vinyl’s smile started to fade away very slowly.

But why though exactly? Please tell me why.

“I don’t like it because I LOVE IT!!!”

Vinyl’s smile slowly returned.

Ha, I knew that you would, but very nice job on the return prank.

“Hey, I had to do something after that house, right?”

Yeah, sure thing, but come on, the house is ours and we can do whatever we want in it, and I have a few ideas of just how we could start it off.

Vinyl slowly leaned in after this pressing her legs up to the sides of Octavia.

“Woah, let’s not go there just yet, shall we? I want to explore the house first.”

Oh come on, you’re no fun at all, don’t you want to know what it’s like?

“Vinyl, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to have sex with you in bed all day long, but right now I just want to explore the house first, okay?”

Yeah, sure thing, but why though exactly?

“You know, get to be familiar with the place, know where everything is, make sure that it’s safe and that nothing was left behind or out of place instead.”

Oh, well then, fine, alright, just don’t take too long okay? Because I want to have some fun with you if you know what I mean.

She winked at this last part, clearly a very sexual suggestive wink.

“Yes, I know what you mean, your clues and hints are not very subtle you know, they’re rather clear an obvious, so much so that even a blind pony could see them,” she said now then.

Oh ha-ha, make fun of a natural born disability, sure thing, go ahead, after all, what was I ever to you but just a toy, a pet that you could play with?

“Vinyl, are you okay?”

Of course I am, after all, we’re married now, right?

“Yes, we are.”

“Well then, there’s a very old saying that lovers never keep secrets, don’t you agree with that policy? I certainly do.”

Octavia’s mouth dropped down, Vinyl could speak now? Clearly this was impossible. “Vinyl? You can speak? But wait, how though exactly?”

“Oh Octavia, don’t you know, it was rather simple, I just made a deal with another pony of course, but there is only one small slight tiny problem.”

“And what would that be exactly?”

“Well I can speak, but the price was that another pony had to lose their voice instead, and I’m so sorry Octavia, but I just had to choose you, I’ve been so silent for so long now, and now it’s finally my turn and chance to have a voice, I’m also very sorry to rob you of the chance and opportunity to ever speak again, but I think that this is only fair, after all, you want me to be happy, right?”

Octavia wanted to say the words of course, but she couldn’t.

“Ah, that would be the spell setting in on you, anyhow good luck never speaking for the rest of your life again, I just hope that you don’t stay angry at me.”

Octavia wanted to say that she never would no matter what happened between them, but she still couldn’t speak, she could only cry instead.

“Hey, don’t cry, I’ll teach you sign language and get you your own journal to write in and we can still talk to each other, it’ll just be me that’s doing all the talking, how does that sound my dear? Doesn’t that sound just lovely and wonderful?”

No, it sounded very bad indeed, after all, what was she, what was any pony else without their voice, without their senses, without their emotions and feelings too as well, their logic, their reason? There were just so many things.

“Don’t worry, I’ll explain it to our friends and parents, I’m sure that they’ll come to understand eventually, but for now let’s just talk about life in general first, shall we? How about I go first? After all, I do have twenty-five years of thoughts and ideas that I have never gotten the full real true chance and opportunity to speak on or about, but now I finally have the time to do so, but the only question now is where I should start first.”

And with that said Vinyl scratch started to speak, and she never stopped, not even after she had said all that she wanted to, she continued to speak and sing until one day she finally could no more, but by then it was already too late, they were both old mares on the brink of death, both ready to meet death, both ready and prepared to die any day now. “Octavia, do you still love me?”

Yes, of course, always, no matter what happens between us.

“Very good then, because I’m sure that you’ll forgive me for this eventually,” Vinyl said as Octavia felt a very sharp pain in her gut and she looked down slowly to see that she was starting to bleed because she had been stabbed with a knife.

“I’m sorry, but I made another deal, you die and I’ll get to live again, but this time with my youth, I’m sorry Octavia, but believe me when I say that I still love you, I would never ever hurt you like this, I just hope that you can forgive me eventually, just don’t stay angry at me, promise?”

Okay.

And with that said Octavia watched as Vinyl grew younger before her eyes and then very slowly she closed her eyes and let death take her life away.

Octavia suddenly gasped as she woke up.

It was all just a terrible horrible dream, just a nightmare, nothing more.

But the parts up to where Vinyl had mocked Octavia and then spoke had actually happened, but after Octavia’s remark the actual real thing went down something like this instead.

Oh ha-ha, make fun of a natural born disability, sure thing, go ahead, I don’t mind, it’s not like I have one.

“Oh, I’m so sorry Vinyl, I didn’t mean to offend you.”

Well you did.

“I’m sorry.”

I know, and I already forgive you, and honestly, I’m not really that offended, and it looks like you fell for my second prank, looks like I’m two points and you’re just one point instead, so right now I am currently ahead.

“Oh, so this is a game then, is it?”

Yes, it is, and the first one to ten wins naturally enough of course.

“Yes, of course, naturally enough.”

Well then, what do you want to do first then after we finally finish exploring?

“Well unpack of course, duh.”

Vinyl stared at her.

Alright, fine then, if you say so.

And with that said they did so and eventually they finally settled in.

But by the time that they did so they were so tired that they just decided to get some sleep in and not bother with the traditional sex yet either.

And that is exactly what had happened up to Octavia until this very moment when she had just woken up from her dream, or rather a nightmare instead.

She glanced over at the sleeping form of Vinyl and smiled.

Okay, they were both safe and everything was just perfectly fine.

But why had she dreamed that? Why in Equestria would she ever dream that?

“Perhaps I can answer that question,” a very familiar voice said.

Slowly a figure walked forward, it was Luna.

“Luna? What are you doing here in my house exactly?”

“I am not in your house, you are still dreaming, or at least partially anyways.”

“Oh, well then are you here to help me out then?”

“Yes, and to hopefully explain what you saw, because that was not out of your own mind, those were not your own thoughts and ideas, they were planted there by another instead, but as to what purpose this is for I do not know yet exactly, and neither does my sister as well either too, but at least you are not alone in this confusion and nightmare haunting, many other ponies are sharing very similar experiences, but we still do not know why this is exactly so just yet.”

“So, if you don’t know what’s happening or why it is, then why are you still here exactly?”

“Because you are a pony in need of my help, and I made a promise to myself to help out all the ones that might ever have need of my help of course.

And I wanted to offer some comfort and help no matter how small, tiny, or little.”

“Because everything still counts, yes, I know that already.”

“Yes, but do you still want my help or should I just leave you now instead?”

“I think that I’ll be fine, but just one question first.”

“Sure, anything at all, just ask of it first and then I shall see it for you.”

“What’s Vinyl dreaming about exactly?”

Luna smiled, “If I told you that then it would violate her own rights, only she can tell you that if you are willing and ready to ask it first of her.”

“Very well then, thank you very much for all of your help.”

“Anytime at all, my little pony.”

And with that said Luna slowly disappeared as Octavia woke up for real this time and as she stared at the sleeping form of Vinyl she could only think one thing. Vinyl, I just wish there were enough words for me to tell you how much I really truly love you, but I know that no matter what happens there never will be.

Right now I just have so much that I want to tell you, but there’s only one thing that I can keep saying to you that will never really truly sum up what I feel for you, ever, but I just hope that you can understand what my words mean right now, and if not then maybe perhaps you will someday, eventually.

Very gently she nudged Vinyl awake. Slowly she rubbed her eyes before signing.

What time is it?

“Very early morning, sorry to wake you up, but I just couldn’t sleep, I had a very bad dream that involved you in it.”

Do you want to talk about it?

“No, not unless you want to talk about your dreams first.”

They stared at each other for a very long awkward moment.

Alright, fine then, you make a very fair point, let’s just not talk about it again, like ever, okay then?

“That sounds fair enough to me, alright, fine then, if we aren’t going to talk about what we dream about then what do you want to talk about then exactly?”

Do we always have to talk? Why can’t we just lie in each other’s arms and rest and hopefully just maybe we can go back to sleep again?

“That sounds just wonderful and incredible, I like that idea already.”

And with that said they did so.

They just lay there in each other’s arms not moving, not talking, just thinking instead, and honestly it was one of the best experiences in her whole entire life.

She heard things not normally heard by regular ordinary ponies, or at least what they didn’t give thought or time to instead, she heard the very soft gentle heartbeat, she felt it through her chest and bones, thump-thump, thump-thump.

It was very wonderful indeed, it was beautiful too as well, it was magnificent.

There were many other more various random words to describe it as she heard the soft pitter patter of water somewhere, and she thought that she could hear tiny little mice in the floors, she could and even would swear by it.

She heard the floor creak and groan ever so slightly as they weight constantly shifted as they moved around in the bed, she heard the sound of her own heartbeat and breathing, and then the breathing of Vinyl as well too.

She heard almost everything, or at the very least she thought she heard was nearby and around her surrounding location and area instead of course.

She just wanted to keep listening forever, but she knew that she couldn’t.

When morning eventually finally came she turned to Vinyl.

She wanted to say something, but what should it be?

Something inspirational? A simple good morning or hello instead?

Ugh, why was this just so hard for her?

She eventually finally decided to go with the first thing that popped up in her head, “Well hello there, Vinyl, good morning, isn’t it?”

If you say so, a good morning, well, that is always dependent upon your perspective now, isn’t it?

“Yeah, I guess so, anyhow I will always still love you no matter what.”

And with that said they kissed.

And slowly, ever so much so, bit by tiny little bit, they got closer to each other.

And before they even knew what they were doing it one was on top of the other.

Octavia groaned and moaned with great pleasure, joy, and delight, and she could only think up of one word for exactly what she wanted, “More, please…”

Vinyl’s smile grew even larger and bigger, much more so, and she continued.

It was the most wonderful and incredible thing that she had ever experienced.

And as they lay there with their hooves gently softly gliding and caressing the skin they could only both think that they wanted more.

As they lay there though the minutes slowly turned into hours, and they only stopped when they both could finally have no more.

After it was eventually finally done Octavia let out the things and stuff that comes after naturally enough of course. She just lay there on the bed with a smile on her face just thinking one thought, it was better that I could have ever possibly imagined. Oh gosh, could that girl fuck. She just lay there breathing trying to take it in, oh gosh, it was just too wonderful and incredible, too amazing to tell, there were so many words that fell very far short of just exactly how she wanted to experience, after all, how could you describe salt to one who had never had it before? The experience that she just had, it was sort of just like that now.

Eventually though the time finally came for them to get out of bed and eat.

“Gosh I’m so hungry, I could eat any shit right now after what we just did.”

I’m hungry too as well, I just wish we could stay here in all day and… well…

“Yeah, I know,” Octavia said lifting the covers up and getting out of bed.

“It’s a good thing that ponies don’t normally wear clothes because that would mean that we would probably have to put them on, instead we can stroll around looking at each other’s naked bodies all day long.”

Vinyl smiled.

You’re really funny sometimes, that’s one of the things that I like about you.

“Yeah, I know that already, and one of the reasons that you decided to marry me,” Octavia said, “But what do you want for breakfast first though exactly?”

“Your voice and heart, and then I think that I’ll take your mind and soul.”

Suddenly Vinyl smiled very deviously and started to attack her as she woke up again. What was happening to her? Why did her dreams always feel so real?

She was confusing reality with a dream since the sex had actually happened, but Vinyl didn’t reply that way, instead it went down something more like this.

How about apples and oatmeal? That’s always a very good start.

“Well I guess so if you want it, just give me a moment and I’ll be back with a bowl unless you would like to join me downstairs first of course.

It would be my genuine pleasure my dearest love.

And with that said they slowly went downstairs and started to eat.

They ate very slowly not caring for the time that passed, after all, they had all the time in the whole entire world to always be together.

Once they were eventually finally finished and done they wondered what to do next naturally enough of course. “Should we go out and explore today?”

Why not? After all, didn’t I tell you this was beachfront property?

“No way, no, tell me that you’re joking, right?”

I’m afraid that I’m not this time, although that does remind me that I will need to get to ten points first if I am to win this silly little tiny stupid game.

“Good luck, I have no doubt that you’ll win in the end though no matter how hard I try or what I might do instead.”

Thanks, but maybe I’ll let you win this time since we’re married now.

“Yeah right, I highly doubt that like ever possibly happening.”

Hey, every day there’s a chance and opportunity for surprises and miracles, so don’t lose your hope, love, or faith, because they’re all very precious things.

“Don’t worry, with you here by my side I don’t think that I will.”

And with that said they kissed again, and then went outside to play in the sand and water all day long, they built sand castles, had time to bury each of them in the sand, and they even managed to get sexually suggestive with it at times too as well. But little did they know that they were always being watched by another.

Eventually they finally finished up playing in the sand and ocean water and decided to go back home and wash off the sand in the shower… together.

When Octavia asked why they should be in together Vinyl’s reply was very simple, short, and straight to the point.

Well why not? Can you give me at least one good reason that we shouldn’t since we’re both married now, we’ve both seen each other strolling naked around places and areas all day long, and we also have had sex, I don’t see what’s the big deal so much anymore.

Her logic and reason were very hard to beat and/or argue with.

“Alright, fine then, you make a very fine and fair point indeed.”

I know, I always manage to do that somehow no matter what happens either.

And with that they went in the shower together and made love.

After their shower was eventually finally done they decided to get some sleep in.

And that was what had happened exactly up to that point.

But Octavia still wasn’t sure, “Princess Luna? Are you here right now?”

“Yes, I am,” she said stepping out of the shadows, “What is it exactly?”

“I don’t know, I know that I’m still dreaming, but can’t you help me out just a tiny little bit? This is the second time that I imagined her that she could speak, and now I think that this is starting to worry me, it’s making me scared.”

“But scared for what though exactly? Do you really think that Vinyl would ever make any kind of deal to get her voice back especially if it meant that another had to lose theirs, and especially if that pony was you?”

“Well no, I guess not…”

“Then don’t let it worry or bother you, don’t let fear control you, the more you let it then the more you will let the one who sends you all of these dreams have even more power over you, and the greater the power the worse that is for all of us.”

“But how can I though? I think that the seed of fear is already planted.”

“Well then, find that seed and remove it very quickly before it’s too late.”

“Alright, fine then, I’ll try to do my best, thank you princess.”

“As I said before, anytime at all, my little pony.”

And with that said Luna slowly disappeared, but this time Octavia didn’t wake up until the morning light of day slowly shined in the window.

When she did eventually finally wake up she saw Vinyl smiling at her.

Well hello there, good morning sleepy face.

“Ugh, good morning to you too as well, what’s for breakfast though?”

Same as yesterday.

“I think that the same thing every day will eventually get old and boring, don’t you?”

Yes, I do, because I remember when I used to say that about your music.

“Ah yes, I do remember that quite well, very well so much indeed. But can you believe that we were ever enemies and they eventually turned into very good close friends, then marefriends, and now we’re sitting here together in this house after finally being married? I for one would find that very hard to believe.”

Yeah, if some pony else told me that we would eventually be getting married back when we were rivals I wouldn’t have believed them either.

“Yeah.”

And with that said they ate in silence until they were eventually finally done.

“So then, what do you want to do today exactly?”

“Oh nothing too much really, I was just thinking that I could sing for you.”

She did so, and it was the most incredible wonderful beautiful voice that she heard, and she wanted to say exactly just that, but found out that she had no voice again, and so she could only shed tears of silent pain mixed in with her joy and delight, filled with her sadness too as well. “Oh, don’t cry, we’ll always have each other even if you don’t have your voice anymore, and that’s all that really truly matters, after all, don’t you want me to be happy?”

She nodded.

“Good then, because I’m sure that you’ll eventually come to understand my choice, I just hope that you can learn to forgive me.”

And with that said the last thing that Octavia saw before she woke up was her smile. “PRINCESS!” she shouted out very loudly because she wanted help right now and in every other case she was still dreaming even if she ‘woke up’.

“Yes, Octavia?”

“What’s going on with me? I can’t tell what’s real and what’s not anymore.”

“Then try to do something that is not here, make it real, don’t let the dream control you, don’t let your emotions and feelings get the best of you as they once did for me, find a way to break free alone without any help at all and be strong too as well, don’t ever give up, don’t surrender, don’t ever quit, you can do this, I know that you can, you just have to find your strength and fight.

I know that you may not want to do this, but you will have to.

There is no other way, and I just wish that there was, but there isn’t.

Vinyl isn’t just your best friend anymore, she is also your companion now too as well, tell her about this, tell her about the dreams before it’s too late.”

And with that said suddenly the dream started to tear apart and away as her house started to turn into a white blank nothingness, an empty void.

“What the hell is going on here?” she shouted.

“My enemies are calling me to fight them, good luck to you, I’ll try to be back, but if I am not then I will be far too busy to even try helping you out.”

And with that said suddenly Luna walked out leaving her to wake up when the daylight eventually and finally did come. She gasped out loud again as she did so and instantly made Vinyl wake up right now.

“Vinyl, I have something very important to tell you so please don’t interrupt until I’m finally done, okay then?” she said. Vinyl merely just nodded.

“Okay then, I have been having very bad dreams for a few nights now, and they always involve you, but to be more specific they always involve you getting a voice, and every time I lost my own in exchange for yours, but in one dream you even decided to kill me for your youth back, but you keep asking me for your forgiveness, and I keep saying yes no matter what, and I was just wondering…”

If I would ever do that to you? No, of course not, never my dearest love, not ever.

“I just wanted to talk to you since I was just so worried, but now I don’t think that I am, not anymore since I’ll always have you here by my side.

Vinyl smiled very slowly now.

What are best friends for?

And with that said they kissed, but as they did so that’s when the fire started.

Vinyl and Octavia sat outside all alone not talking anymore.

They watched as other ponies desperately tried to save their burning house, but it was to no use, it was doomed. Afterwards the forensics team was baffled, they said that the fire must have been made by magic since there was no source of fuel to ignite it, but they couldn’t trace who it belonged to since each and every act of magic has something very distinct, unique and individual to it, (almost like a fingerprint back in our own world) but they still could not track who it was that might have done this, it was almost like the fire had started itself instead.

Or at least that’s what they said to try to cover it up later on.

They watched in disbelief, how could this happen to them?

They were newlyweds, they were supposed to be happy together, have a nice home, live a good life, but now it seemed that everything that they had worked for was gone in just one small tiny little moment. As they sat there Octavia contemplated their situation, it was so easy to destroy, but not so much so to create something else completely new instead. As they sat their suddenly princess Luna decided to show up. “Am I dreaming again?”

“Nope, this is very much real I am sorry to say and regret, your house is lost, but your home is only in your heart, it is with others and not just some random various physical location or area, besides, I think that there’s a place for you to stay until the house can be rebuilt, after all, every young couple needs somewhere to go to get started off,” she said smiling.

“Wait, where though exactly?” she said.

“Oh, it’s somewhere very near here, you remember the first house that Vinyl showed you, right?” Luna said.

“Yes, I remember it very well, how could I ever forget it?”

“You’d be surprised sometimes, anyhow that is your new house for now I guess.”

“Can’t we just stay at one of our parent’s homes or at the castle with you instead?”

Luna laughed very slightly. “I don’t think that you two would like to be separated and living under one of your parent’s houses would get to be very annoying and troubling to them very quickly, and you cannot stay with me in the castle I’m afraid, I would like to have you there of course, but there are far many matters of great importance there that would otherwise ever prevent that from really truly happening. I am sorry, but all that I can do for you now is comfort you by talking, and perhaps maybe give you a few words of wisdom before I leave of course.”

“And what would those be exactly?”

“Nothing that you don’t already know in your heart.

Anyhow I think that your nightmares should be done by now, or so I think, I haven’t seen the enemy since I faced them last and now it seems that they are hiding from my ever-watchful eye, but I have a feeling that they might return.

But until they do sleep well.”

And with that said she left.

Octavia continued to stare at the burned down house.

“Vinyl, we may not have a house, but I think that we might just have somewhere to stay for now, at least until we can get back on our hooves again.”

She smiled.

Alright, fine then, take me there then, right now.

She did so as they stood at the previous house before.

“It’s only until we can get back on our hooves again>”

I already know that, I just wish I knew how long it was.

“With you here it doesn’t really matter at all.”

And with that said they smiled and went inside their ‘new’ house...

Author's Note:

Please vote for the best quote!!!

“Vinyl, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to have sex with you in bed all day long, but right now I just want to explore the house first, okay?”

(My #1 personally, so hilarious and true.)

Yeah, sure thing, but come on, the house is ours and we can do whatever we want in it, and I have a few ideas of just how we could start it off.

(Ooh...)

Oh gosh, could that girl fuck.

(A very, very, very close tie to my #1)

And please comment down below what you think about Vinyl speaking in the dream sequences!!!