• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 1,011 Views, 20 Comments

Settlers of Equestria - Taloon85



Our Sun is dying. A portal to the Unkown opens and the biggest migration of all time begins.

  • ...
1
 20
 1,011

Intermission 1 - Transcript 1

Settlers of Equestria

Transscript 1


JW (Johnathan Walker):
Okay, this is the first meeting after we arrived here in Equestria. We will discuss official business and the public will see this afterwards, so please keep your personal opinion to the end of each topic.

all, expect JW:
*sounds of acknowledgements*

JW:
Good. So the first topic is the name we four are be called by the people. The Council. Anyone has a something against that?

RL (Roy Lennox):
Well it was about to happen. The four up there is a mouthful. So if the people want to call us Council, so be it. Better than slave drivers or the bosses.

MS (Marcus Stone):
It indicates that the people have respect and trust in us. A council works from the people for the people. And this poll system you want to use…

JW:
...Is a matter we discuss later.

JS (Jan Schmidt):
Trust is important. If this is a sign of trust from the people I have no objection to the name.

JW:
Everyone spoke his mind? *short pause* Okay. Next Topic. The poll system. As I already mentioned, I want that everyone has a saying in this entire settlement. Not only we four or in the end me. We will still filter things and if we are not on one page than a poll is in order. I hope this will not be often. Your thought?

MS:
From a technical standpoint it’s not a problem. Everyone has his com-band and the updated program is already loaded to everyone's band.

RL:
I just hope everyone is keeping a clear head. Their decisions good or bad will be carried out.

JS:
Than we have to make a good groundwork. We can’t bring something into the poll we know will cause problems. Even if our own feelings and believings are against something, we have to think for the greater good for everyone.
And with this in mind I want to add something to the poll.

JW:
Unexpected and normally I would ask you to wait until everything else is through because you didn’t bring this up beforehand, but go on. We have to discuss this first. If the other two are against your proposal or I see a great risk in it, it’s off the table before it hits the poll.

JS:
Fair enough. I spoke to Rainbow Dash three weeks ago, just after we arrived and what we spoke about made me thinking. We are in Equestria, a peaceful and harmonious land. And soldiers like me are for war. But we do all police work at the moment to. Thanks to all the work no crime has occurred yet and I hope nothing will happen in the future.

RL:
So what’s your point?

JS:
*Deep breath* I want to disband all military personnel and form a guard, just like the Equestrians do. The guard would do mostly police work, but have military grade training. So if the necessity arise they can be called to arms in mere minutes.

RL:
Wowowo, only because it works for them doesn’t mean we should break with what we know best. I was 12 years in the military before I quit and build my own engineering company. I say it stays as it is.

MS:
I don’t see the necessity of heavily military trained soldiers or guards. A regular police force should be more than enough. What I gathered only some smaller border skirmishes occurred over the past 200 years. And even before that were only smaller wars fought. I say police only.

JW:
This is exactly what I meant. This is why we need a poll. You three have all different opinions and this decision is to big that I don’t want to break it over everyone's head. So this goes into the poll. But because I think the guard idea will be the most popular we will make a double poll.
One guard/military/police and one for the name of the guards. Military is military, police is police, but guards should be named. Just “Guards” is to bland in my eyes.

RL:
Well if you're so confident in your idea and your guards will be ready in mere minutes, why not call them Minuteman. For old times sake.

JS:
I thought about that already. We are not royalty but if we take the idea from the Equestrians, we should take a similar name: Council Guards.

MS:
You're right we are no royalty and we shouldn’t act all high and mighty and call the guard our own. But we should never forget where we are coming from. So I bring the name Terra Guards into the play.

JW:
Okay, everything said to this point? *pause* Good. We have three more points on today's agenda. So moving to the next point.
We have only enough resources left from the dome building that we can afford one building with this. After this we have to gather resources. We already got permission to mine in the rich mountains north and south of here, as long as we give of 5% tax on all material we bring up. 5% is more than reasonable for two entire mountain ranges.
The material left from the dome building is highly modular and can be build into everything. I know everyone of you has another building in mind so I know this will be another poll. Just explain what and why your building should be build first.

MS:
I think we need a power plant and this fast. Even with the wind turbines and solar panels in place we will hit our limit within the next few month, especially if other buildings should be powered too.
Twilight Sparkle and I have already drawn out a concept for a magic powered generator. Clean, resource friendly energy and there is the possibility that we could build even smaller generators, for each house its own. Maybe even for each device.

JS:
Maybe surprising that this comes from a soldier, but we need a hospital. A real hospital. The two small stations we have in the dome are not enough if something big happens. We are cleared to go outside without Hazmat suit, but there could still be a disease that is just waiting for us that the ponies have long forgotten, because they are immune to it. So a hospital with research lab should be build ASAP.

RL:
A mine with smeltery, plain and simple. I know your reasons are perfectly fine and I agree to the fact that this buildings should be build. But if we build one of yours first we have to gather resources the hard way. Trees are not the problem here, the 5m exo-frames take care of this. But rock and metal working without a solid base. Unthinkable.

JW:
Okay, you made your points and thanks for keeping it simple.
Next point of interest is a request from *name excluded* , who asked if every settler can carry a firearm in public.
Just like you said Jan, we are in a peaceful and harmonious land. So I will take my veto right and shoot this one down: No! No firearms in public. What you do in your own four walls, I can’t control and I don’t want to. But in public are no firearms allowed for civilians.
I know some will hate me for this or this was a request so I make a point, but in history it showed that ‘more guns on the streets’ only caused even more problems.
*Long pause*
Okay, next point. A question from *name excluded*. Are pony/human relationships allowed?
Your thoughts?

RL:
As far as I have gathered ponies have no problem with interspecies relationships. So no problem from my side: Allowed.

JS:
The problem is that this interspecies relationships bring forth offsprings. But as our genetic research have come to the conclusion, thanks to the blood samples provided by the Equestrian government, ponies and humans can’t have offsprings. And this is what we need right now. Even if we are 100.000 humans, if only 20% of them want to have a relationships with a pony, we will run into serious problems in the future. Inbreeding. Genetic defections. And I think far more than 20% want to be with ponies. We are 64% bronies after all. So: Not allowed, from me. As much as it pains me, because I am one of the 20%.

MS:
Oh, you shouldn’t give up so easily. Yeah it’s true there are no offsprings possible. Yet. But we don’t know what science and magic can do together. Maybe we come up with something to make offsprings possible. My vote is, Not allowed for one year.
If we fail, I’m on Jan’s side. Maybe we can allow it in four or five generations. But now would be a massive mistake, if we can’t make offsprings possible.

JW:
Okay, so this will be a poll too. *Short pause* Good the last point is if we allow ponies into our settlement. Not into the dome, but if they want to build their own houses around us, what’s your thought?

MS:
Allowed. Just because it will be more convenient to have some pony researcher around to help develop new technology based on magic.

JS:
Allowed. I don’t see a problem in this. Besides they can help us to build up our understanding of ponies. We didn’t see or hear everything from the show. Much is in the dark.

RL:
Allowed. Some of this Earth Ponies are gold worth as worker. And if they help tend our fields I think we can boost our crop output by at least 10%.

JW:
Well that was an easy one. Are we done then? *Pause*
Okay, so we have four polls so far.This looks like it will be a good first test of the poll system.
I thank you for your civil manners in this first council meeting and I hope that our poll will be met with great vigor.


Link to the poll:
https://goo.gl/forms/OilmribCszrmcpIm1

Author's Note:

I should really proofread this before I just publish it. Sry.

The poll will be up for a week. After that I will right further.