• Published 13th Feb 2017
  • 2,506 Views, 43 Comments

Let's Just Live - Psyga315



It had been a few months since Fluttershy was tragically lost to you, and while everyone else seemed to have moved on from it, you still have a hole in your chest that you can never hope to fill. Though, perhaps your friends could fix that for you.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,506

Prologue

“There are wounds that are never going to be totally healed.”

“Girls, it’s Anon again.” Sunset brought up the urgent news to the girls as they sat at Pinkie’s living room. The girls all nodded. They knew that it was inevitable thanks to a certain holiday coming up.

“Yeah, I’ve been noticing him being down again.” Pinkie Pie said.

“I feared this would happen.” Rainbow Dash sighed as she flipped her phone open. Sure enough, it was February 10th, just four days until Valentine’s Day.

“It’s become rather noticeable when the topic of the Valentine’s Day dance comes about.” Rarity said. Applejack merely looked down.

“How long are we gonna keep doing this?” Applejack asked. “It’s been months now! Surely he’s over it!”

“Not all wounds heal in time.” Sunset said. “Some need a light touch.”

“So what? We can’t just keep pampering him every time he feels a little upset.” Applejack said. She then glared at Sunset. “Say, if there’s a Twilight in that pony world, then surely there’s a Fluttershy too. Why don’t we just-”

“That’s a whole can of worms that we’ll be opening. Who knows what the consequences will be.” Sunset said.

“We can just set it up to be a one on one session. Tell that world’s Fluttershy to tell Anon to get over her. Seems the only way he’ll be happy is if he hears it straight from the horse’s mouth.” Applejack then paused and blushed. “No pun intended.”

“Again, there’s a whole lot of things that need to be handled. For one, Fluttershy would have to adjust to the world much like how Twilight did. Second, if Anon found out about there being another Fluttershy, there’d be a chance that he’ll try to follow her, and I doubt Twilight would want to handle a human turned pony in her world. And thirdly…” Sunset took a moment to fully grasp the next problem. “She has to be told that her world’s version was killed.” Everyone took a moment to frown and sigh before Sunset continued. “That can be a shock to anyone involved.” Sunset said.

“Mmmmn…” Applejack just leaned back.

“It’s a good idea, but I don’t want to risk anything going awry.” Sunset said.

“So what do we do? Nothing?” That’s when their own Twilight spoke up. The girls turned to Twilight. Usually when it came to these meetings about Anon, Twilight was the silent type, always just going with the flow. Now? Sunset could feel a strong aura inside Twilight, one that was similar to the Twilight she once confronted in the Fall Formal. “Our options are to either risk destroying not just his mind but the mind of another universe’s Fluttershy just to give him a sappy speech about moving on or just give yet another big hug to him and hope that Band-Aid sticks for longer than a few weeks.” Twilight said.

“Well, do you have any better ideas?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yeah. I’m gonna do what I should have done long ago: take him to see a shrink.” Twilight said. The girls scratched their heads as Twilight rolled her eyes. “His problem is that he lost a friend. That’s a common problem that everyone faces. It’s not something like ‘I became a demon and lusted for power’ or ‘my camp councillor tried to murder me and my friends over the fact that her rent was due’. This is ‘my friend got killed in a car accident and I can’t progress without thinking about it’. A shrink could fix this within a few sessions.” Twilight said.

“Twilight, I appreciate the idea, but I don’t want him to risk spilling the beans on stuff like magic.” Sunset said.

“Well, it’s either that or we let him bottle up these emotions and then when he comes across the next magical artifact from that Equestria place you keep yammering on about, because let’s face it, we’ll definitely come across one within six months, he’ll let himself be corrupted by it and nearly put the whole school in mortal peril for the fourth time, then when we inevitably beat him, we’ll have to tackle a whole new problem of talking down a depressed kid who became a demon and nearly killed all his friends in a fit of madness induced rage!” Twilight’s voice became higher and higher until it reached a breaking point and became outright shouting. When she finished speaking, the entire room went silent. She then adjusted her glasses.

“… Sorry. I… I just don’t want to risk him going through what I went through… What you went through.” She said to Sunset. She frowned, but nodded.

“… I understand.” She lowered her head.

“I know a therapist who is actually really nice. She helped me ever since I got back from Camp Everfree and since then, I’ve been better about my self-esteem. If anyone can fix Anon, it’s her.” Twilight said.

“Well, I’ll trust you to go help Anon.” Sunset said. With that, Twilight got out her phone and dialed a number.

“Hey, Anon, it’s me, Twilight. You doin’ anything tonight?” Twilight paused for a bit. “Well, I’m going to see Dr. Glimmer tonight and I was wondering if you’d like to come.” Another pause. “Perfect! See ya then!” She hung up. “Well, I got him. Hopefully Dr. Glimmer will be able to help him.” With that, Twilight left.

“Aaaaw, Twilight’s going on a date with Anon…” Rarity said. Pinkie gave Rarity a glare.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a date…” Pinkie said.

“Date… That’s it!” Sunset said.

“What’s it?” Applejack asked.

“We set Anon up on a date! If losing a loved one made up depressed, perhaps giving him a new one would not make him depressed!” Sunset said.

“So what? We’re just telling Anon ‘don’t worry, we’ll get you a new girlfriend’? Sounds kinda sketchy.” Rainbow Dash said.

“No. We’re not gonna make it blatant. We just need to find someone that Anon wouldn’t mind hanging out with, pair them up, and then wait for the fireworks to go off. Even if Anon doesn’t want to date his mystery girl, he might end up being happy enough to get over Fluttershy.” Sunset said.

“I say that’s a wonderful idea.” Rarity said.

“… The question is, who’s gonna be this mystery woman?” Applejack asked.

“Well, Twilight’s a safe bet.” Sunset said. That’s when Pinkie stood up.

“Oh no! It’s my job to make sure Nonny’s happy, and by God am I gonna make him happy!” Pinkie said. She then took out her phone and wrote up several texts. “Good thing I have an open schedule tomorrow. Gonna set up the best date ever!” Pinkie Pie then left, rattling on about what to do with Anon.

“I guess the meeting’s adjourned.” Sunset said. With that, she got up. Rainbow Dash then spoke up.

“Well, Anon’s coming to my games now, so he’s improving.” She said. Applejack just frowned, tipped over her hat and said:

“I just hope this time will be the last time we have to do this.” Applejack said.