• Published 11th Feb 2017
  • 316 Views, 0 Comments

Illusion - Alfoals Trottenbauer

  • ...
 0
 316

II - Resilience

"We can't give up here." Ace encouraged needlessly.

"Maybe the words meant to go north elsewhere." She thought.

They trotted toward where they entered, suddenly, some giant invisible force boomed throughout the room, creating a blinding light. After the flash, Ace noticed Twilight was gone. He turned his head frantically, looking to see where she could've gone. He heard her voice in the distance. "Ace! Help!" She screamed. He raced in the direction of the sound. He saw her in the air. He lunged towards the force. He attempted to buck it with all his might. It was rock solid, when he bucked, it broke the bones in his legs. With a shout of pain, he fell on the ground. He used a kindling spell. The fire went around the force. He tried every spell he knew, none worked. The force tightened it's grip on Twilight. The force struck Ace, sending him flying. Ace used a short flight spell to slow himself down. He dashed over to the force again. It tightened it's grip on Twilight even more.

"Ace! Aaaagh! Help!" She screamed, writhing in the hold. She shrieked in pain as it slowly crushed the life out of her. It squeezed her tighter, crushing bone, blood leaked from her.

"Twilight!!" He yelled. "Celestia, what can I do!?" He pleaded.

He attempted to charge at the force, pointing his horn at him, adrenaline overcoming his reasoning.
His horn broke to the base. With another shout of pain, he held the stump.

"Ace... Help..." She said quietly, most of her blood having escaped her body. The force let go, Twilight fell, body twisted.

"A-Ace... Why didn't you help me..." She asked.

"I-I tried everything!" He exclaimed, crying.

She sighed a parting breath.

"T-twi!!" He yelled helplessly, looking up, eyes closed.

The entry wall opened. He trotted out with a limp. He saw Twilight just outside the void.

"Twily..." He called, embracing her tightly. She looked him over, then noticed his most prominent injury.

"A-Ace, your horn!" She gasped.

"I know." He sighed, depressed.

"How are we going to fix this?" She asked hopelessly.

They trotted north. It seemed endless. They sat down for a bit.
They came upon a large, unfamiliar building. It seemed very much like it was from the human-era.

Twilight turned the knob on the door with magic, as Ace couldn't, with his horn gone.