• Published 10th Feb 2017
  • 523 Views, 4 Comments

Together - Alfoals Trottenbauer



Ace and Twilight explore Equestria in a frozen world

  • ...
 4
 523

I - Search

Ace trotted by Twilight's side. They didn't know where they were going, but they were going somewhere. To Ace, it didn't matter, as long as they somehow fixed this. "Come on Ace, you've got to say something." She said, hoping for an answer.

"No, I don't." Ace stated, almost instantly noting he just contradicted himself. He looked away, feeling stupid.

She smiled and giggled a bit.

"Goofball." Twilight jokingly called.

"Yup." Ace answered, blushing.

Their conversation stopped when they saw a familiar void in the distance where the Everfree forest should be. The world seemed to trail off into the empty space. Some ponies were scattered off near the distance. One group caught both of their eyes. It was the main six, except for Twilight. They were standing in front of Discord, looking as if they were about to fight. Discord seemed to have been snapping his talons right as they froze. All six of their bodies looked cracked and dry, all of their eyes were missing, no blood.

This stopped Ace and Twilight.

"What happened to them!?" Twilight exclaimed.

"I guess this happens when somepony freezes in time." Ace replied rather unsure.

"You mean you're not phased by this?" She asked, shocked.

"I even saw this with Celestia herself. Everypony is like this now." He answered blankly.

Twilight shuddered. They stood there for a while, then cantered toward the void. When they set hoof into the void, it was different. It was more warm than cold and empty. There was a bare minimum of a horizon. The skyline was a grey, bordering a black. The ground was bare pitch. They trotted further into the emptiness. They felt some sort of presence, as if they were being watched. It gave them both chills down their spines. Twilight grew uncomfortable by this presence.

"Ace, I think we should turn back." She advised, worriedly.

"Why's that, Twily?" He asked, not looking towards Twilight.

"Please." She pleaded.

They looked behind themselves. Something was behind them, something terrifying.