• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 4,520 Views, 76 Comments

Pirates in Ponyville - Jadevamp



One Piece + Ponies. What could go wrong?

  • ...
5
 76
 4,520

Head to Sweet Apple Acres!

On a ship in the grand line, a red-haired man silently cursed the events that prevented him from returning to meet old friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack continued their town-wide tour with one of the most important buildings in town. "And right over here's town hall. This is where we hold all our big events an' meetings. It's still decorated from the last celebration we had-- I think it was Pinkie throwing a party for the Mayor's birthday." And indeed Rarity saw that the building was still covered in banners set up by Rainbow Dash, working off a favor she had owed Pinkie.

A voice sounded from behind Rarity, one she recognized as Ussopp's. "Wow. Those things are beautiful-- and are those gems on the borders? Who made those?" Rarity smiled a bit. "Those are my handiwork-- they really aren't anything special." The stallion next to him-- Sanji, she remembered-- shook his head. "No, those are really amazing. I've never seen anything like them." She blushed a bit. "Really, I don't deserve this praise, darling. Come, let's move on to the next place-- where were you planning to take us next, Applejack?"

Applejack looked off into the distance. "I was thinkin we'd head down towards Sugarcube corner an' the Library, then stop at Sweet Apple Acres. Granny Smith has been lookin' for an excuse to cook up a meal for this many people for a while." Rarity gave a weak grin. Well, there went her diet. "That sounds wonderful Darling. And perhaps afterwords I can take those interested to the Boutique. I would love to hear about the fashions from this other world you're from."

The group walked for a good while, stopping briefly at Sugarcube corner (Which Luffy had to be restrained from rushing into and eating all the stock) until they came to the library. "Now this here's the Books n' Branches library-- and Twi's house. She lives here an' works as a librarian." Looking behind her, Rarity noticed that most everyone didn't seem to excited at the concept of a library. Suddenly, she felt a hoof tapping on her shoulder.

She turned around to find the one they had called Robin... who had somehow gotten disconcertingly close behind her. "Excuse me, but would you all mind if I investigated this Library? I'm not hungry at all, and would much rather spend some time studying this world's history." Applejack looked over and shrugged. "Ah don't see a problem. Twi and the Mayor should be in there, but there shouldn't be any problem so long as you stay quiet. Y'all have any problem with that?" She asked, consulting the rest of her group. A small chorus of Nos and Nopes responded. Applejack turned to lead the group to her home, while Sanji turned back towards Robin, who was walking off to the library. "I will miss you, dear Robin! I will be thinking of you every moment you are away!" Robin smiled a bit as she opened the door and slipped inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally arriving in Sweet Apple Acres, Sanji and the rest of the group walked up to the farmhouse as Applejack opened the door. They were greeted by a very large red stallion-- just as big as Franky, but much less misshapen. "Hey Mac. We've got guests." Applejack stated. "Mac" just looked at the group and drawled a simple "Eeyup." Applejack turned back to everyone. "Why don't you all stay out here, or just hang out around the front of the house. Ah'll ring the bell once lunch is done."

Everyone complied, except Sanji. "Actually, if you don't mind I'd like to help out. I'm our ship's cook, and I would love to see how cooking is here." Applejack gave a smile. "Ah'll not say no to some help-- learned that lesson a while back." Sanji followed the orange farmpony into the kitchen, where already an amazing smell of cooking apples filled the room. He took a deep whiff, enjoying the sensation, while Applejack went over to the stooped-over green mare in the corner, who was holding a pie tray in her mouth.

"Hey there, Granny. We've got some guests for lunch today-- we'll need to cook up a big batch of food. " The green pony set down the pie tray and grinned. "Alright then. Who's the big stallion? You finally got a coltfriend, Applejack?" Applejack blushed furiously. "No, he's not-- he's just a visitor! He wanted to help out in the kitchen." Granny smiled. "I'm just kiddin' you Applejack." She turned towards the newcomer. "So, you think you can keep up, youngster?" Sanji nodded. "I've worked in one of the most hectic restaurants you could imagine, and kept my friends out there fed for years." Granny smiled knowingly. "Let's see if that prepares you for Apple family cooking."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour later, Sanji came out of the kitchen panting, followed closely by a similarly tired Applejack. Both pulled behind them each a cart piled high with various apple-based treats and foods. Granny followed shortly, completely fine and smiling. "You whippersnappers-- no endurance these days. I could have done that for another hour by mahself!" Sanji sat down beside the table-- which had already been set by Apple Bloom-- and gasped. "I concede defeat-- you truly are the master." Granny smith grinned and walked over to the bell, ringing it loudly. "SOUP'S UP, EVERYPONY!" She yelled, in an act that seemed to powerful for her frail body.

Luffy rushed in, screaming. "FOOOOOOOOOOD!" Granny narrowed her eyes, and gave a surprised smile. "Oh, hello Roger! It's been ages since I've last seen you!" Applejack and Sanji looked at her in surpise and confusion, as Luffy merely dug in with vigor. "What do ya mean, Roger? That there's Luffy." Applejack stated. Gears seemed to whir in Sanji's head for a second, before he realized who she meant. "Ma'm, you couldn't mean Gold Roger... could you?" Granny smiled as she took a closer look at Luffy. "Hah! I didn't realize-- sorry lad. I hadn't noticed. This old mare is reminiscing a bit too much of late." She turned her head back to Sanji. "Well, yes, if you want to call him by the wrong name. I was talking about Gol D. Roger. It's the hat that messed me up." Luffy looked up from his food as the rest of the ponies came in. "Wait, you knew Gold Roger??" Granny Smith laughed. "Alright, youngster. Back down... sit yourself down, eat some, and I'll tell you about him. The food's gonna get cold if you wait for me to tell you the whole story."

Everypony sat down and Granny smith began talking. "Alright. It all started about... I'd say 'round 40 years ago. I was just a young thing and the town was just gettin' started..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight walked out of her room, still speaking with Mayor Mare. "We can finish this discussion later. I can't wait to hear about these other incursions you're talking about, but I have to go and check on the pirate crew--" She cut off as she realized that one of said pirates was sitting in her library surrounded by history texts. Looking around, she realized Spike was there as well, sleeping while the cushion he was on was being rocked by what looked like... two hooves sticking out from the ground? That had to be the weirdest spell she'd ever seen. Except for the "hands" spell Lyra had shown her once. That was weirder.

Twilight cleared her throat and Nico Robin closed the book and looked up, while setting the book aside. "Oh, hello. I didn't see you there." Twilight frowned. "Yeah... I didn't know you were there either. What are you doing in my house?" Robin set aside her book, placing it back on the shelf as she sat up. "I was simply indulging attempting to learn some about this world's history. My official role on the crew is that of historian, a job I very much enjoy."

Twilight was confused. "Why would you--" Right. Pinkie logic. Maybe history is important on otherworldly pirate ships. Who knows? "So, I must ask... what is it your cutie mark means? I've never seen anything like it." Robin seemed to relax a bit at this question, almost as if it was a relief from something. "I suppose there is no harm in telling you if you don't know what it is. It's a curious piece of history from our world called a Poneglyph. Very few people can understand the writing on them, but I've studied the language and can translate them."

Twilight responded with her trademark curiosity. "Really? Perhaps you could teach me something about them. I've always been fascinated by history myself." Robin seemed to compose herself a bit more as she replied. "I... don't see a reason why not. After all, it's not likely that you'll end up running into the marines anytime soon. You see, these cubes contain history from a period of history from which all knowledge has been erased..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in a deep northern territory of Equestria, a fleet of ships exited the mist that had not been there minutes before.

AN: Alright! I got this one done much faster, mostly because I was without internet for a while. I hope you all like it. Here, we see my opinion of Granny Smith, in that I believe she is possibly the most badass old lady in all of television. Oh, and that in this story she apparently knows Gol D. Frickin' Roger. The most badass man in all the seas. On a timeline-based note here... the timelines in both of these fictions confuse me. The only concrete dates for Roger I have are: Around 50 years ago he was an up-and-coming pirate, according to Brook, and 26 years ago he was killed. That leaves me with A LOT of room to work with. Plus, I don't know how old ANY of the ponies are. So, I've decided they live for Human-like lifespans, and Granny Smith is around 60. Mayor Mare, for reference, is about 40, and all of the Mane 6 are around 16, except Fluttershy, who is 17 (mainly because of little hints that she is older in the show, like her lanky older-looking Filly design and her comment to "Auntie Pinkie Pie.") If anyone has official age figures, feel free to point them out. Next chapter, Rarity gets in Fashion mode, and maybe I can get them closer to Canterlot (I honestly planned to have them there sooner, but I figure no need to rush.)
Oh, by the way, the next chapter is not going to be Granny Smith's story. I plan on releasing that as a bonus chapter later on when I inevitably get writer's block.