• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 1,406 Views, 0 Comments

A new life - Gamel_Lightshow



It's been a few years since the birth of the new addiction to the family of Twilight and Spike. Now that they've recovered a bit from all the excitement and new additions to the town, they can finally relax a bit and get ready for more trouble ahead.

  • ...
5
 0
 1,406

Of Love and Hate

"What's that you got there?" A happy Cherilee speaks out looking over one of the many shoulders of her student all strewn about the classroom in different sorts of activities.

Wishful Volcano and her filly mate who's been one of her few friends since the beginning, Seaful Gaze, quickly turn to the voice of Cherilee mirth in their eyes and giggles bubbling out like an overheating pot of cabbage stew. Wishful is the first to respond to Cherilee's question as she produces forth an item of her care and patience.

"It's a present for Mama! I just hope she likes it..." She says bringing the item closer to her suddenly becoming shy and bashful about her creation while Seaful consoles her.

"Come on Wishful! You're Mama will love! Especially since it came from you." Seaful quickly says changing half her body into Twilight's, "She'll be all like, Oh my darling Wishful! You are the sparkle in my eye!"

Wishful and Cherilee chuckle as Seaful turns back into her regular half-ling self which is that of a regular filly with dark green eyes, a sea foam green mane and tail, and a coat of light black scales. Seaful then throws an arm around Wishful's shoulder and points up at the ceiling, "I bet even Celestia and Luna will be all like, we wish Wishful could make us something as great as that."

"Yeah right. Maybe so they could show off how bad of a crafts pony you are." A snide comment comes in breaking through Wishful's thinking and daydream causing it to crash around her with the sound of glass.

The snide comment coming from one of the three foals close by. The main one being in the middle with a vicious grin plastered on her face. Her raspberry coat and well done pink and red mane give her fiery attitude an even bigger edge. Her name is Heart Clover, but most ponies just call her Clover. She's a regular old Earth ponies who's parents have taught her that the cross breeding of races is wrong and unforgivable.

There are so many close minded ponies these days that it really has upset a lot of things in Equestria. Celestia, Luna, and Twilight have been doing their best to calm the fire that has been rising in the hearts and mind of every pony. They've been trying to usher in this era of peace with the changelings, but every pony can't get over their fears quite easily.

"Now Clover! That is not nice! And if you keep being mean I'm going to have to revoke your privileges." Cherilee says giving the filly a very stern glare while the lackeys chuckle behind her.

"Sorry, Cherilee. I was just trying to make them be more realistic." Clover says moving away from the two fillies who have their gazes downcast.

Its always been a problem with these fillies. Between the fighting, bullying, and harassment of words, things don't seem to change no matter how much she punishes either side. For she knows Wishful is very impulsive with the taunting of others. Cherilee has had to sit down with both sides parents and have a better insight on what they get from their parents. It's easy to say that Wishful's impulsive attitude comes from Twilight.

"Why are they always so mean?" Seaful asks looking up at Cherilee, "I didn't want to be born this way, but I have. Mom and Dad are always getting hateful words whenever they're together sometimes. I thought ponies were supposed to be accepting of others?"

"Well, Seaful. A lot of ponies are accepting of others that are like them. And because your mother is in love with your father, they don't see her like them anymore. But one day all of this will be over and every pony, a Changeling or not, will be able to be happy and loving of one another. You just have to stay strong for me okay?" Cherilee says lifting up her little pony's head.

"Alright my little ponies!" Cherilee says moving away from the two, "It's time for recess!"


The bell rings noisily signaling to those inside and out that another school day has just passed. Foals begin filing out of the building bumping into one another playfully while discussing homework and the prospect of fun activities planned or otherwise. Most speak of venturing to the park after stopping by home for some four square and tetherball. Other speak of visiting the local librarian for magic lessons and the prospect of being read the next book of the latest adventure series known as Perry Johnson.

Yet the school house is far from quiet as arguments can be heard not far away from the door leading into Cherilee's office. Inside sits four important figures that have a foal attending this school. And each has their own quarrel with the other.

"I do not see what you're getting at," Twilight says glaring at the parents of a certain spoiled Clover, "It is fine if it is us, adults, talking about this in a respectful manner, but to teach these foals to hate and discriminate like your daughter does? That's just down right nasty!"

Spike nods his head watching the stallion who is simply sitting passively while the mare at his side grinds her teeth slightly in annoyance. Spike knows that they'll watch their tongues in Twilight presence due to the fact of how much power she has in the sway of things around Ponyville being Celestia's student and all as well as helping a lot of the unicorn fillies and colts learn and gain better control of magic. Being the controller of the element of magic is a bonus as well.

"Because it all starts with the children, Twilight. If the children learn what's wrong, they'll know what to avoid in the future." The stallion says matter of factly.

"But this is not something to avoid! We should be teaching them to embrace this change! These will be a whole new era of peace that none have seen before. Even right now my friends are off towards the dragon king to speak with him." Twilight pleads forth hoping to reach through to a more common sense side of the stallion.

"Now Twilight. Even more dragons, like Spike here, come than that just means, even more, halfbreeds will have to take sides if a war were to break out between us and them. We have a long history with all the different nominations of our beautiful world, and I just don't see a reason to try to make it longer. It'll hurt the economy more than anything trying to reconfigure rates of sell and transfer value."

Spike's eyes slant towards him as low growl emanates from his throat, "You're just in it for the money..."

"Money is power. I thought Twilight would be smart of enough to teach her pet that."

"How dare you!" Twilight yells shooting to her hooves anger apparent on her face.

"Indeed." Cherilee says quickly intervening getting in between Twilight and the target of her hate, "Both of you have very good points and I don't need to remind you that your foal's future is at stake here if they can't reconcile past this. I know I should teach you how to raise them, but you got to understand that these kids are too young to be thinking about these sort of things. Now Mr. Diamond I would like to ask you to leave and please with your wife so I can speak to Twilight and Spike one on one."

Diamond nods his head and leads his wife out of the somewhat cramped office leaving the three older members alone with each other. Cherilee sighs as she sits back down rubbing a hoof against her temple.

"I don't know why ponies like that come here to disturb our peaceful town," Twilight says with a humph sitting down here mane having flickers of fire.

Spike quickly begins to stroke her back and kisses her forehead, "It's okay honey. We'll deal with whatever they try to do together. After all, Wishful is bound to do something great one day. I just know it."

Twilight smiles and nods her head nuzzling Spike.

Cherilee coughs to regain their attention before smiling sweetly, "Yes. It can be problematic on the foals if more stallions like Mr. Diamond were to come and invade so to say. But I do have a solution if you would like to hear me out. At least for short term."

"I'm all ears," Twilight says.


"I'm sorry." Wishful says quietly as the door to the library closes behind Spike the last to enter.

"It's not your fault Wishful." Twilight says nuzzling her joy.

"But.... But I really hurt her... I didn't mean to. I-I...." Wishful's eyes fill with tears as she clutches on to Twilight as she begins to violently sob into her coat.

Twilgith sits down and holds her daughter close while Spike watches on unsure of what to do. He's never been put in a situation like this and he knows neither has Twilight. The idea Cherilee has could both hinder and help everypony. Though in the end, only time will tell whether the world can accept this new vision of love or come to hate it.

Author's Note:

I meant to have this out sooner, but I got held up by my car needing almost 1000 dollars of work.