• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 2,798 Views, 49 Comments

Twilight vs Tirek - RainbowSparkle3



After Tirek released Twilight's friends, instead of letting Tirek steal all her alicorn magic, Twilight teleports her friends to a safe place and resumes her intense batle with Tirek...

  • ...
7
 49
 2,798

The Rematch

Author's Note:

I know I said I didn't want to have big pauses between each chapter, but life and laziness really took over. I got the first half done in a few weeks, but then I barely touched it for a long time. I'm not gonna make any excuses, and just admit that I'm really lazy and I should be ashamed. I got 2 chapters done in like, half a year. I'm really sorry, and I still hope you enjoy the latest installment. And, sorry about the cliffhanger at the end, considering it'll probably be another few months before I publish another chapter. :twilightsheepish:

It was a beautiful, pitch-black night. The cool breeze lightly ruffled the thousands of leaves sitting on the surrounding trees, spreading their fresh scent across Equestria. It was silent save for the occasional magical blast, coming from both here and far off where the monstrous Tirek continually destroyed a nearby forest, the smoke leaving an acrid taste in our mouths. The stars seemed to shine especially bright tonight, almost as if it were encouraging us for the approaching battle.

I hurled a ball of magic at a huge boulder, disintegrating it instantly. Starlight was a little ways away, also busy letting her magic loose on the environment. This was the last time that we were going to train, the next day we would have to finally stop Tirek. If we didn’t, then he would have caused too much harm to Equestria. After a little while, it was time to call it a day. “Alright, Starlight, I think that's enough for one day. We need to make sure to get a good sleep for the battle tomorrow. I've gotten the hang of my new magic and you've gotten stronger, but we still have to be careful with an enemy as powerful as Tirek."

Starlight replied confidently. "Oh, I'm sure it won't be that hard, we have the power of five Alicorns afterall!"

I shook my head. "You don't understand, when I fought Tirek, I didn't stand a chance, and I haven't gotten that much more powerful. I honestly don't think we can win this. We have to fight smart. Otherwise, we can say goodbye to our magic and Equestria."

Starlight frowned. "You're right, Twilight. I'm actually just as nervous as you are right now, I'm just trying to not think about that. There's nothing worrying will do to help us, we just need to face the problem of beating Tirek when it comes."

I smiled and said, "You're right. Now, let's stop talking and get a good sleep. Goodnight Starlight."

"Goodnight, Twilight."

-

Starlight and I woke up early. Or what seemed like early anyway. It was a bit difficult to tell when I was the one raising the sun, which I hesitantly did, knowing that it would set this fated day in motion. We had a hasty breakfast and set out. "Okay, so Tirek is leagues above us in terms of strength, but we have more variety with our spells. Wanna bet who’ll win?" Starlight smiled at me as she trotted, but it was a shaky, strained facade.

I put a hoof on Starlight's shoulder and assured, "It's okay Starlight, we'll find a way to beat him. Like you said, we'll deal with the problem when we get to it."

"Of course," Starlight replied. "I mean, I said that when it wasn't actually time to do it and the fate of all Equestria didn't depend on our battle, but, you know..." she mumbled.

I stopped and said, "There's nothing we can do now except fight, because..." I pointed ahead, and Starlight looked up, before her eyes widened and she gasped.

"...we're here," she finished for me. Starlight just stared in awe at the massive beast before us for a minute, then she muttered under her breath, "It's fine, I'm sure he isn't as strong as he looks-," before Tirek fired a beam that incinerated miles of forest. Starlight shut her mouth and then meekly remarked, "There goes that theory."

Just then, Tirek roared, "WHEN I SEE THAT PRINCESS, SHE'LL WISH SHE NEVER MET ME!!!" I stared at him with slight fear in my eyes and Starlight subtly backed away behind me.

I looked back at Starlight worriedly for a moment, then sighed and reluctantly asked, "Are you sure you're up for this? If you're not, you could just stay on the sidelines and help by teleporting us out of here if the situation gets out of hand."

Contrary to what I expected though, Starlight gulped and firmly shook her head as she asserted, "Like I said a week ago, you've been so forgiving of me, and this is the least I can do. In fact, I'll go in first. You blindside him while I serve as a distraction." She then began charging up a teleportation, and before I could stop her, she had disappeared and was in front of Tirek, wearing a frightened, but determined look.

"Hey, big guy! Down here!" Starlight shouted.

Tirek looked down after he sent another magical blast through the forest that demolished dozens upon dozens of huge trees. He then guffawed. "Are you here to challenge me, little pony?" He then stuck out his finger. "I could squish you with my pinkie claw."

Starlight smugly retorted, "Really now? Then how about you try it." She disappeared then reappeared right in front of Tirek's eye and shot a full power blast at it. Tirek yelled and clutched his eye.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!!!" Tirek bellowed furiously. Starlight flinched momentarily then turned and nodded to me. I knew immediately that was the signal.

I discreetly flew behind Tirek and laid low as Tirek stomped around, trying to recover from the sudden assault. Finally, gasping and panting, he gradually opened his eyes.

Tirek glared at Starlight, his eyes blazing with unconcealed rage. "You..." The temperature seemed to drop and Starlight visibly got chills. She stared at me, her eyes wide open in panic, and I nodded. I flew to Tirek’s neck area and bombarded it with my magic. He yelled in fury and pain (mostly fury) as he spun around to face me, flattening the trees underneath.

He looked at me with surprise for a second, before he began laughing, greatly confusing me. "I see, now. This pony is an ally of yours, isn't she? I suppose you thought you could defeat me with your little 'plans.' HA! If you think you can beat me with an ambush, you've got another thing coming!"

"Laugh if you must Tirek," I began. "But by the end of this, we'll see who gets the last laugh." I flew around Tirek to join Starlight, and we immediately started blasting dozens of various magical attacks at Tirek, ranging from simple beams to attacks which manipulated space.

Tirek shielded himself from the barrage of magic, but to no avail. The beams just exploded on his arms instead. "ARGH!" He shouted. Tirek teared a dozen trees from the ground and threw them at us all at once. We casually blew them all up then flew up to Tirek's face, Starlight using her magic to levitate.

We continued our assault on him, making him shut his eyes tight in pain. We kept on blasting quicker and quicker, causing a cloud of smoke to emit from his face, and he repeatedly howled in frustration and pain. The continuous onslaught kept him from forming any kind of magical offense. It seemed we were on the verge of victory, but then he whipped his arm at us, causing us to both fly out of control, then he opened his mouth wide and let loose a mighty roar that rocked the planet and hurled us towards the ground. As we fell to the ground at supersonic speeds, I tried creating a bubble of protection while panting heavily to shield me and Starlight from the imminent crash landing. "Starlight!" I yelled over the sound of rushing wind, "Quickly, help!" Her horn glowed and an aura slowly started enveloping my own, but it wasn't enough.

Before either of us had fully created a barrier, we crashed into the ground at dangerous speeds, knocking Starlight out cold, while I barely managed to stay awake myself. "Uhhh," I groaned as I shakily stood up. I glanced up at Tirek and noted with some satisfaction that he seemed to be pretty riled up from our attack, bruises and scratches scathing his body. Then I realized that he was extremely enraged and my only ally was knocked out. "Well," I said. "Horseapples." I jumped up when Tirek roared mightily again and I quickly teleported Starlight far away before facing Tirek alone.

"You're weakened and all alone now, what do you think you can do?" Tirek asked confidently.

I sighed and gulped. It was about time to show it to him. "You'll see soon enough," I responded. Tirek frowned and grit his teeth.

"YOU THINK I'M GONNA SIT IDLY BY FOR YOUR PLANS TO UNFOLD AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO ME!? FOOL!!" Tirek raised his massive hoof and slammed it down on me, but I teleported on top of a nearby tree just in the nick of time and closed my eyes, hastily gathering energy for the ace up my sleeve.

Tirek looked around for a few seconds, then he spotted me and shot a quick orange beam of magic at me. Time seemed to slow. The spinning beam of ultimate evil energy came closer and closer. It was so close...

BOOM!!! The deafening explosion sent rainbow and orange light spiraling all over the battlefield, and Tirek shielded his eyes in that moment. I was visible again shortly afterwards, and when he saw me, he was shocked.

I stood looking exactly like I had before, but my eyes were glowing pure white and flanking me were a massive blue sword and shield, emitting a powerful energy that nearly crushed the forest completely.

Just around then, Starlight had woken up and wanted to rejoin the battle, but when she saw me, she merely watched in shock as she witnessed me effortlessly countering Tirek's blast.

Tirek stumbled over his words for a second, then asked incredulously, "H-how did you do that? I used a good amount of my power and you should be nothing compared to me!"

I slowly raised my head, then glared at Tirek. "I am Twilight Sparkle," I said, in an unusually loud and authoritative voice. "Warrior of Friendship and Magic. And I will defeat you where you stand."

Tirek had been listening intently until then, and he laughed loudly. "You? Defeat me? I'd like to see you try. Come on then, I'm waiting."

Instead of wasting my breath by responding, I teleported directly in front of him. Tirek raised his arm and launched a full power blast at me. I raised the huge blue shield in front of the approaching attack and when it hit, the magic dissipated instantly. While Tirek was still caught in the afterglow of his attack, I exploited the opening. Teleporting above his face, I swung my arcane blade and sliced down on him.

The powerful slash sent Tirek flying far away, and waves of magical light rippled across the battlefield, ripping half the trees in the forest off their roots. Even Starlight, who was watching from a distance, had to protect herself with a magical barrier.

Tirek moaned feebly and sloppily stood up, shaking his head to clear it. Since the area was still clouded in smoke, I could sneak up behind him and send yet another blast his way. It hit him dead-center and caused him to scream in pain and fall over. After he stood again, scrapes and bruises all over his gargantuan body, he tiredly asked, "H-how did you get such a massive increase in power?"

I smirked. "After all these times saving Equestria, I learned a thing or two." And that was all I said before my smile disappeared and I let loose an ultimate barrage of magical blasts that set the forest aflame and left Tirek nigh unconscious.

"This will be the final blow!" I yelled. I focused all my energy into my horn, from every little part of my body, until my horn was overflowing with magic. I brought my head up, ready to blast. "This is it!!!"

Just then, my blue sword and shield faded and the overwhelming magic I just had disappeared. I overestimated myself and drained my reserves before I could finish the job, leaving me drained and helpless against the enraged centaur before me. "No!" I shouted despairingly.