• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 462 Views, 6 Comments

The Starlight Path - RandomHumanBeging4112

  • ...
 6
 462

Aurora- Ten Years old

"C'mon, Sparkler! You know that I can't fly as high as you! Give it back!" a small filly whined.

"No, Aurora, I'm not giving your book back until you can levitate it, or fly as high as I can." Sparkler said sternly.

"Sparkler! I need that book for a report that Mom gave me! If I can actually complete it, I might actually get some respect around here!"

"All the more reason why you should work for it. If you can get the book from me, it'll make me a good teacher, making me even better than you!"

"Ugh, just give it up and I won't scream."

Aurora, you see, had a weird magical power that she was born with. She was born with a super-scream that could easily make one deaf, or shatter entire castles, like the one she and her family lived in.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, I would." Aurora said with a smirk.

"But threatening others is not good for friendships." Sparkler scolded.

"Who said anything about us being friends?"

"Ugh, what I mean is that if you threaten me and Pine all the time, it'll become a habit, and if you ever make any friends, it'll ruin the friendship." Sparkler lectured.

"And why do you think that I'd want to make any friends?" Aurora asked.

"We have to be good at making friends! And we also have to be smart, and really good at magic and leadership. And you do not posses the skills needed for all of that."

"And why should I posses any of those traits?"

"Because it's our legacy, we have to be exactly like Mom!"

"Ugh, enough about this legacy stuff, now give my book!" Aurora yelled.

"No!" Sparkler yelled, she then flew down the hall.

"Ugh, MOM! Sparkler won't give my book back!" Aurora yelled.

Just then, Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, ran into the hall.

"Sparkler! Give your sister her book back!" Twilight yelled.

"But Mom" Sparkler started. "If I just give her the book, then she won't learn anything about flight or levitation, and we wouldn't want that, would we?"

"While you make a good point, Aurora needs to finish that book report, or else she won't learn the basics of flight and levitation!" Twilight said, annoyed as she pointed to the title of the book.

"Oh, um, here you go, Aurora, I'm sorry, that wasn't very friendly of me." Sparkler apologized.

"Ya darn right you should be sorry." Aurora said as she tried to get to her room, only to be stopped by Twilight.

"We're not done, Aurora, I want to speak with you up in your room. And Sparkler, go play with Pine or something, just don't eavesdrop." Twilight said.

"But Mom, Pine's still in the Crystal Empire learning with Sunburst! He won't be back for another week!" Sparkler whined.

"Oh, right. Well, then, just go do something else besides eavesdropping."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, I'll go now." Sparkler said as she flew off.

Aurora and her mother proceeded to go to Aurora's room, both were deathly silent. Once they got there, Aurora went and sat down on her four-poster bed.

"Actually, Aurora, I'd like you to sit down on the floor this time." Twilight said as she gestured to the rug in the middle go the giant room.

"Okay. So what do you want to lecture me about today?" Aurora asked as she sat down with her mother.

"A little something called destiny." Twilight answered.

"Oh, great, the destiny talk, Pine told me lots of great things about it." Aurora said sarcastically.

"Aurora, you know that I have a legacy, and it's a pretty big one. But legacy does not mean destiny. While Sparkler is outstanding at magic, Pine is incredibly smart. But you don't exactly posses anything in either those categories." Twilight said.

"So what are you gonna do? Disown me? Would you really do that?"

"No, but there's something that you should know. Ten years ago, when you and your siblings were born, Princess Luna came in to visit while we were thinking of a name for you, and she said that princesses should name at least one newborn, and Luna chose your name. She chose Aurora because she was reminded of when she was young and first learning how to control the stars, and the moon, and the aurora. She also chose you to be her heir, she said that she would teach you how to raise the moon and the stars, as well as control the aurora borealis." Twilight explained.

"So, you mean I'll be able to raise the moon and the stars? When do I start?" Aurora asked excitedly.

"Well, your father and I were afraid that you would hurt yourself since you were so small, so we said that we wouldn't let you start until you were fourteen." Twilight said.

"Oh, so you think that I don't know enough magic, or that I need to be smarter. Well, it makes sense, I guess, I mean, Sparkler became Celestia's apprentice when she was eight." Aurora said glumly.

"Yes, that is true, but I want to prepare you for when you can learn, I want to tutor you, one on one in magic and flight. Both of which you will need if you want to become Princess of the Night." Twilight said.

"Oh, okay, so, are you gonna teach me now? Or am I gonna have to wait until I'm thirteen?" Aurora asked.

"Well, I have to prepare for the Grand Galloping Gala today, but I promise that I'll tutor you soon." Twilight said as she left the room.

"Okay, hey, Mom? When's Dad gonna come home?' Aurora asked.

"He and aunt Glorriosa won't be back until after the Gala, they do have to advertise for their camp." Twilight said.

"But shouldn't you be helping out with the preparations in Canterlot?" Aurora asked.

"Sigh Aurora, sweetheart, your father and I are going through some things right now, and I would appreciate it if you don't ask questions." Twilight sighed.

"Is it Flash?" Aurora asked.

"Yes, he just came back from Saddle Arabia, and he wants me back. Your father and I are disagreeing on what to do about the situation." Twilight said.

"Oh, I see, well, is there anything that I can do to help?"

"Well, I was going to send to Canterlot so you could get to know Princess Luna a little bit more, so maybe while you're there you could talk to him about things." Twilight said.

"Okay, but when do I leave?" Aurora asked.

"Well, it's not just you, Sparkler's going to be coming with you, so she can take her lessons with Celestia." Twilight said.

"Oh. So I have to survive an entire train ride with Sparkler?"

"Yeah, just keep your distance and you'll be fine, I have to go plan for the Gala." Twilight said as she left the room.

"O-okay, bye, Mom." Aurora said as Twilight walked out of the room.

Wow, me. Heir to the night, that's pretty amazing. Aurora thought as she started on her book report.