• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 316 Views, 5 Comments

Why me Quickies - Miner



want a quick laugh read these mini chapters

  • ...
 5
 316

The mail box

"Jessica, would you be a dear, and please check up on the mail box for me.” Rarity said form her room.

Putting my book down. I made my way on over to her room and stop at the entrance. “And why can’t you do it? It is after all, your mail box.”

“Now please be reasonable. I can’t go check up on the mail box and finish this dress at the same time, now can I?” I rolled my eyes at her statement.

“Said the one with magic. Fine I go check up on it. But you make dinner tonight than.” I said going down the stairs.

“What!” I then stop and turned around.

“Would you prefer if Sweetie Belle made it then. Cause I don’t mind.” I can see her coming out of her room staring at me.

“You are bluffing dear.”

A small grip came to my face as I continue down the steps. “I KNOW your Bluffing!” just kept telling yourself that.

I all honesty I don’t think she is that bad of a cook. She disks just need some work with the appeal to the eyes. They honestly taste better than they look. Maybe I can give her some pointers the next time she wants to cook.

Outside looks rather peaceful right now. The sun is shining, the sky is clear, and no pony is yelling for their lives. Wep better hurry this up. “Now where is that box?” I spot it near the door. If I didn’t look hard enough I would have mistaken it for the decoration of the building.

I then open it to see a couple of envelops address to Mrs. Cake! “Oops. Derpy got the wrong address. That must mean they have Rarity’s mail than.” I then reach in the house to pull a pair of saddlebags to put the letters in before I made my way to Sugar Cube Corner.

I can see the ginger bread house now coming around the corner (no pun intended). Hopefully they haven’t check their mail yet and I can just switch them, before any pony notices. To my surprise their mail box looks like a miniature version of the building.

Stepping in front of it I reach into my bag for the letters, then opening the mail box…

“HI MAIL MARE!”

"WWWAAAAAHHH! PINKIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?” I scream to the pink mare as she squeezes out of the little house.

“Oops sorry Jessica I thought you were Derpy with the mail.” She said while I was on the floor trying to catch my breath form my near heart attack, with my right hoof on my chest. That mare is not good for the heart.

I then notice that I had drop the letters in my panic. “I am not even going to ask why Pinkie. I am only here to get Rarity’s mail.” I said while picking up the letters.

“Then go to Rarity’s mail box.”

“That’s the problem. When I did I found letters for Mrs. Cake instead.”

“Oh”

“Yes oh. And that is why I am here. So, do you know where Derpy is at the moment?”

“Nope.”

“Great. Well then please gives these to Mrs. Cake.” I said hoofing over the letters.

“Okie-odkie” she then hops into the building with the letters sticking to her mane. I never going to understand that mare. Well I hope Rarity isn’t hoping for the mail any time soon. I then turn around and made my way back to the Boutique.


Right when I was about to enter the building something fell on top of my face. After inspecting it I discovered it was Rarity’s letter she was expecting. “Sweetie Belle could you be a dear and see if the mail is here yet?” Rarity called out from inside. “I thought Jessica was going to check.” Sweetie said form somewhere inside.

I was going to say something but *WAM* I didn’t get much after that only the feeling of something slamming on top of me. “ooooooowwww” Opening one of my eyes, I can see some letters falling nearby. “oh hi Derpy.” I black out around there.

Sweetie belle was coming down the stairs looking around to find Jessica and the mail. “Now where is she with the mail. It can’t take that long to get it.” She thing notices a letter addressed to her sister on the floor. She picks it up with her magic while she looked across the room one more time. ‘well if the mail is here where in the world is Jessica? Oh well at least I now know I am more responsible than her.’ She thought to herself as she went back upstairs.