• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 739 Views, 1 Comments

Follow the Twinkles - Yosh-E-O



Going blind is certainly neither easy nor pleasant. However, a special friend can definitely help make all the difference.

  • ...
13
 1
 739

Chapter 3 - The Twinkling Stars

Yosh felt a bit warmer as the Pegasus maneuvered her wing around his back.

“Close your eyes and listen,” she said. “Do you hear them?”

“Hear what?” asked Yosh.

“The twinkles,” replied Snowdrop.

It didn’t matter if Yosh had his eyes open, or closed. Darkness is all he could see and wind was all he could hear.

“They’re here,” assured Snowdrop. “There isn’t a single cloud in the sky. Millions upon millions of stars are twinkling down upon us right now.”

“There’s no way,” doubted Yosh. “If anything, the sky is covered by snow clouds brought to Canterlot by the Pegasi of Cloudsdale.”

“Canterlot?” wondered Snowdrop. “We’re right by my house in Cloudsdale right now.”

The dragon-duckling gasped.
“Why am I not falling?” he panicked. “How did I get up here?”

Snowdrop chuckled.
“I imagine you flew here,” she stated. “You don’t feel like a Pegasus, but you do have wings.”

“Wings…?” baffled Yosh as he felt at his back. Sure enough, a pair of tiny, feathery wings were now protruding from out of his scaly shoulderblades. “I must be dreaming.”

“Or,” suggested Snowdrop. “You have just needed some pony to believe in you to help you believe in yourself?”

Yosh didn’t know what to say. However, his ears did begin to pick up on a most interesting sound.
“What’s that?” he wondered upon being totally distracted by the foreign sound.

TING
TING-TING

“What sound?” Snowdrop strained as she allowed her ear to flick up a bit.

“It’s like a chime,” stated Yosh while he moved his hand blindly outward and looking in the direction he thought the sound was coming from.

“Oh!” Snowdrop smiled. “I think you’re starting to hear the twinkles.”

“Really?” asked Yosh.

“Yes,” she replied. “You’ll find there’s many things you can see when you don’t limit yourself to what you’ve always known, or heard.”

TING-TING
TING-TING-TA-TING

More chimes filled Yosh’s ears as images of a starlit sky flooded into his mind.
“I…,” he said with disbelief. “I see them!”

Snowdrop beamed with joy.
“That’s just the beginning,” she assured. “Soon you will see everything that makes our world beautiful.”

“But… how?” wondered the duck-dragon as his ice-blue eyes looked up towards a sea of stars. “How is this possible?”

“Belief,” remarked Snowdrop. “It doesn’t take much to be able to see when you forget that you don’t have eyes.”

Yosh suddenly noticed he was actually standing on a snow cloud. He could also swear he could see the filly beside him. Her colors were blue and her mane as white as snow.
“I… I can see!” he awed with amazement.

“Hmm-mmm,” Snowdrop hummed proudly. “And you’ll always see so long as you believe that you can.”

SHING!
TING-TING-TING

“Oh, wow!” awed Snowdrop. “It’s Luna’s star!”

“Luna’s star?” Yosh asked as his mind started to formulate the vision of a giant star twirling and shining before them.

“Yes!” cheered Snowdrop. “It’s very special.”

“Can I…?” asked Yosh. “Can I touch it?”

Snowdrop nodded.
“Yes,” she replied. “We should touch it together.”

Yosh reached out his hand and met with Snowdrop’s hoof. The two then touched the shimmering, twinkling star.

SHING!

“Remember,” Snowdrop’s voice echoed. “You will always see so long as you believe.”