• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 2,287 Views, 76 Comments

Ark Survival Evolved. - Phantom Writer



Applejack awakens on a strange island full of strange creatures. Her goal is try to survive with a new friend.

  • ...
5
 76
 2,287

Chapter 4. Letter, Giga, New Pet.

Chapter 4. Letter, Giga, New Pet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack looked around in awe. The village was huge. The walls were made of what she could only tell was steel. There were spotlights on the towers on the inside of the village along with many people with guns watching everything.

“Grant is in the sky, he’ll radio in if the giga is on the way.” Kate said walking up to Matthew.

“When did you let Grant around your territory?” Matthew asked.

“Grant made an offer I couldn’t pass up.” Kate said “He’ll give us all the items we need from the mountain and we allow them to fly around in the sky for their training.”

“Explains the new walls.” Matthew said “What about the mines?”

“We still use the cave but now with this new deal we don’t risk freezing to death, unless we need the artifacts.” Kate said.

“Artifacts?” Applejack asked curious.

“Artifacts are used to summon the bosses.” Kate said “Ten are needed each time to open the portal to their realms.”

“How many have you collected?” Matthew asked.

“Only six.” Kate said sadly “The other tribes are fighting me on prices for the other ones I need.”

Matthew chuckled “I bet Rachel is jacking up the prices since she’s the cave explorer.”

Kate just glared at him “You should upgrade that pistol of yours.” Kate said.

Matthew placed his hand on his pistol “This pistol helped us in battle that day, this gun safed those who needed it most.”

Kate looked at Applejack “Your friend will need a gun then, I’ll give you a good deal on it.”

“Ah’m fine.” Applejack said.

“No she’s right Applejack, you’ll need a gun.” Matthew said “Do you know how to use one?”

“In my world we have guns.” Applejack said “Your gun reminds me of my old colt revolver.”

“I can show you what we have, I know Matthew can afford my prices.” Kate said with a big smile dragging Applejack away.

“Are you sure you can afford her prices?” Amber asked walking up.

“With the coins I have now? No, but I do have the coins if needed back home.” Matthew said with a sigh “Yet her deal with Grant went under my radar, I’m always hearing what’s going on, I knew Kate was getting metal for her wall but from Grant, I don’t trust him.”

“You just don’t trust him because he’s the only guy who built a watchtower and built a patrol using all flying type creatures.” Amber said.

Matthew looked at Amber with the look of annoyance “The mountain is the best place to look over the whole island.” Matthew looked back at Applejack and Kate “Grants past isn’t clean, he was apart of the group that killed people, people don’t truly change.”

“Grant was just a guy who counted the gold coins.” Amber said “You can’t hold him to that.”

“There is more to Grant then meets the eye Amber.” Matthew said walking away from Amber making her roll her eyes. Matthew walked over to Kate and Applejack, Applejack held a fabricated pistol in her hands “If she asks if you want the gun colored it costs extra.” Matthew said.

“If she wants it colored she can, I’ll put that as free.” Kate said with a grin.

“Well add to my bill, I need some supplies.” Matthew said “I’ll need credit, you know I’m good. With Amber and Applejack here I’m gonna be strapped on coins.”

Kate looked at him “Fine but I want entail.”

“On who?” Matthew asked.

“The Center.” Kate said “I need everything on this land.”

“Fine, but I need you to add one more thing to this deal.” Matthew said “Amber here needs access to the ruins around this area. Let her explore with some armed guards in case of a giga.”

“Get me what I need and she can have access to whatever she wants.” Kate said.

“Why do you want a map of The Center?” Amber asked.

“I have reasons.” Kate said.

“If this is about Daniel, I wouldn’t even try to go there.” Matthew said “There is already a war going on, I don’t need you two going at each other again.”

“That’s not the reason.” Kate looked around “Come with me.”

The three followed Kate to a building and stepped inside “About a week ago I got this letter from dad.”

“Dad died, we saw his ship get brought down by that massive storm.” Matthew said.

“His body was never found.” Kate placed the letter in front of him “Look at the picture.”

Matthew opened up the letter and saw the handwritten letter along with pictures of what looked like ruins. He then notices the brown bag in one of the pictures that matched his father’s bag “You said a week ago this came in?” Matthew asked.

“Yes, it came from the center.” Kate said.

“False.” Matthew placed the letter down “These pictures aren’t from the center, these don’t match anything I’ve heard about the center.”

“How would you know? You’ve never been to the center!” Kate said get angry.

“Because I’ve meet people from the center.” Matthew said “You're right, this letter is from dad but he’s not on the center, he is somewhere else.”

“Then how did the letter get here?” Kate asked.

“It might have came from the center but he ain’t there.” Matthew said “Dad would have sent word he was alive years ago.” Matthew turned away from Kate “The letter is encrypted, those pictures are the keys to finding out what the true message is.” Matthew walked out of the building leaving Kate, Amber and Applejack alone.

Alarms started going off causing the three to take off running out of the building.

“Giga is here!” A man said running up.

“Alright! Code red! Everyone grab only what you need and let's get moving!” Kate yelled walking towards her men.

“Amber, stay here and don’t do anything stupid.” Matthew said rushing past his sister and towards the barn with the other dinosaurs are and took a Equus “I’ll lure it away! You take your troops and meet me at the beach, use the cliff side!” He yelled as he used the back way to escape.

“And he told me not to do anything stupid!” Amber said angrily.

“He took my Equus!” Kate yelled “You heard him! Grab all the ammo!”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew saw the giga slamming its head on the side of the gate trying to break in “This is stupid but.” He took aim and fired his pistol causing the giga to roar and look at him “Come get me you ugly lizard!” The giga took off after him “Glad this thing is slow!” Matthew kept the Equus at a low speed making sure the giga wouldn’t lose focus on him.

They reached the cliff side and the giga was still chasing him. He saw lights at the top of the cliff and saw Kate and her troops ready “Rain hellfire!” Kate yelled.

Matthew saw a three mini gun turrets raining fire from the sky along with rockets flying towards the giga.

Matthew’s eyes went wide as he saw blood fly as it took out the giga.

All that was left of the giga was just pieces of the giga “Holy crap.” Matthew said.

Kate made her way down to the beach “How did you know about my weapons being here?” Kate asked getting angry.

“You talked about putting up weapons on that cliff side when I was apart of the tribe, figured you would have weapons here.” He said with a cocky grin.

“Your lucky.” Kate said looking away.

“Not lucky, just know you.” Matthew walked over to the dead giga’s pieces “Well, guess you’ll have enough bait for hunting.”

“You are an idiot for luring the giga away from the village!” Kate yelled slapping him across the face “You could have died!”

“The giga is slow, with your Equus I could keep a good speed and lure it here.” Matthew said rubbing his cheek “I knew what I was doing, I knew what a giga can do thanks to dad's book.”

Kate glared at Matthew “With the giga dead you won’t have to worry about being safe now.”

“We’ll be staying the night still Kate, we already have our stuff there.” Matthew said “Oh and you can have Firebrand back.” Matthew said looking back at the Equus.

“Firebrand belongs to you.” Kate said walking away.

Matthew looked at Firebrand “Still mad about me taming you.” He said chuckling and petting Firebrand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next Morning.

Applejack yawned as she stood near Sarah as Matthew was loading up a few supplies onto the wagon “Are ya sure ya don’t need my help?” Applejack asked.

“Yeah, I’m good.” Matthew said “Amber, you still coming with?” Matthew asked.

“Gonna find what I’m looking for.” Amber said “But I’ll meet up with you.”

“Alright, just gonna be us then Applejack.” He said closing the wagon up and walking towards her “If you're still tired you can rest in the wagon.”

“Ah think I might.” She said chuckling. She notices a creature walking up behind Matthew, it reminded her of a pony. The creature’s fur was black while it’s stripes were orange “What is that?” Applejack asked.

“Oh, this is Firebrand, she’s my sisters Equus.” Matthew said “I mean I tamed her for Kate but she told me to take her so I am.” He said chuckling “You can have her.” Matthew said “She can be your first creature.”

“A-Ah couldn’t just take her from ya.” Applejack said.

“It’s fine Applejack, Firebrand is a good tame.” Matthew said giving Firebrand a pat on the head “I’ll let you think about it.” He said walking up to Sarah and hopping on “Alright, let’s get going.”

Applejack got onto the wagon and watched as they began to move. Applejack looked at the pistol strapped to her side. Applejack knew her journey home would be long and dangerous, she would find away back home and to her family.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man with short blond hair and blue eyes stood on a mountain side watching over the island.

“Sir! They killed the giga, we found Kate and her troops taking body parts back to their camp.” A woman said walking up to the man.

"Did they see where they killed it at?" The man asked.

“Yes, they have armed mini gun turrets on the side of the cliff.” The woman said.

The man smiled “Good.”

“What next sir?” The woman asked.

“We lure another giga out and see what else they are packing.” The man said “I want to know what else she is hiding in those forests.”

“As you wish sir!” The woman took off running.

“Once I have found everything you're hiding Kate, your tribe will be the first to be taken.” The man chuckled walking back into the building while Tapejara’s and Pteranodons flew around.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy!

Also the name for Friebrand was given by RainCrasher. Thanks for the name!