• Published 10th Oct 2017
  • 2,432 Views, 193 Comments

Does it matter if I am a changeling or not? - General Sparky



A changeling guard fled the changeling hive to find a new life. What she finds will change her view on what is the meaning of love and friendship and her view on Equestria as a whole..

  • ...
13
 193
 2,432

Story time (Part 1)

10 minutes later

Sparky and Thorax has finished eating their breakfast. Silver used the opportunity to get the two changelings to enter the bunker and introduced herself.

Inside the bunker, there was a bed,a working table and a cabinet filled with books.

"Derpy told me to read this storybook with you guys." Silver explained.

"Great, so what is this storybook about?" Sparky asked.

"I don't know, I haven't read it yet." Silver said.

"Let's get reading!" Thorax exclaimed, excited to read the book.

Background
Long before Celestia and Luna rose to power, Equestria was a very different place. After Hearths Warming eve and the unification of the three tribes into Equestria, Equestria faced many threats. One of the threats was the Dragon and Griffin Army. After many battles and wars, the Equestrian Army managed to defeat these threats and ushered in an era of peace.
Equestria's economy started to prosper due to their victory in the war. All is well, that is until the dropping of the atomic bomb on Bikini Atoll by the Americans.
Prologue
A monster was created by the dropping of the atomic bomb. Godzilla harbored no ill will to the humans population for creating him. It was thanks to a Melowy named Cleo. Cleo found Godzilla and Godzilla fell in love with the mare. Cleo used his love for him to make him promise not to attack any human city unless another MUTO attack it. Godzilla agreed to this deal and they married and laid an egg not soon after their marriage. However, due to his size, he is easily detected by sonar. This cause the human army to form different plans to kill him. No matter what they tried, Godzilla managed to survive. In order to protect the egg, Cleo used her special magic to travel to Equestria and placed the egg in Equestria before heading back to the human world. The Humans managed to track the egg to Equestria but is unable to destroy the egg due to the fact they did not have magic. This quickly changed when a Admiral who owns secret Unicorns used the Unicorns to build a ship that was capable of inter-dimension travel. This ship was heavily armed and needs only one person to control. The ship has large rapid-fire cannons, AA guns and is able to launch a total 10 fighters into the air (Using multiple catapults located on its sides) It was sent to Equestria to hunt down the egg and destroy it. Unfortunately for the humans, the egg hatched and the creature swam to shore. The Creature found its way to an orphanage and got the attentsion of its staff. The staff of the orphanage adopted the creature and named her 'Little Spark' (aka Sparky) due to her small size and the fact that her spikes on her back glows blue when she is sleeping.
Chapter 1: Childhood
Sparky has a tough childhood in the orphanage. This is because she is a different species from other ponies. To make it worse, after her third or fourth birthday, she didn't grow any taller or bigger. She was stuck at 2 feet (60.96cm) in height which was much shorter than adult ponies. As she watched other orphans grow taller, she started to hate her condition. The orphanage staff has took her to a doctor to find out if anything was wrong with her. The doctor diagnosed her with a growth disorder. Her height disadvantage led to other orphans to often bully her, be it physically or psychologically. Due to the fact their punches were not making an impact on her, they mostly focused on giving her the hardest tasks and not giving her a lot of time to rest. The bullies also started to call her by nicknames like 'Shorty', '61' and 'Little Spark'. She managed to survive 18 long years of constant bullying before being released into Equestrian Society. During the 18 years in the orphanage, she became fairly adept at walking on two or four legs and also learn to speak in equine helping to integrate her in Equestrian society.
Chapter 2: Entry to Army
After her orphanage years, Sparky applied for the Equestrian Army. Due to her size, the officers originally rejected her application. However, due to her persistence, the officers approved her application on the condition that she must pass all physical fitness tests in Basic Military Training (BMT). To the surprise of many, she managed to get a distinction for the physical fitness tests and survive the tough training that BMT had to offer. Due to her height, she was given a child's uniform and was forbidden from taking part in the Graduation Parade. This is because it might seem that the Equestrain Army is using children as soldiers (which will be a bad PR ) and maybe because she is not a pony. She is posted to serve in the Navy as a Diver since her build was meant for water.
Chapter 3: Navy life
It will be in the Navy that she has a first 'friend': The Commander of ESS Bismarck. Bismarck was the ship sent to hunt for Sparky by the Humans. When it arrived in Equestria, it was intercepted by the Equestria fleet. The Commander agreed to work with the Equestrian Navy until she could finish her original mission. When Raynen saw Sparky on the docks, Rachel recognized her instantly and tried to get close to her. The directive given to her was to destroy the egg, now, after 18 years with the Equestrian Navy, Rachel lost hope in finding the creature. Raynen expected Godzilla's daughter to be at least 100 feet (30.48m) tall. But seeing a 2 feet tall creature is probably not what she imagined the creature to be. Rachel thought it was a coincidence and a chance to eradicate her. As she gotten to slowly know her as a creature, she slowly started to forget about her mission and be a true friend to Sparky. After all, the daughter of Godzilla woundn't be as kind and nice and as short as Sparky right?

End of Part 1.

Author's Note:

1: The interaction was cut short to focus more content on the book
2: This is my take on Godzilla, including some references to it, so please don't overeact in the comments section
3: Hope you enjoyed part 1, part 2 will (hopefully) be up soon
That is all, General Sparky out.