• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,011 Views, 186 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Season 1 - Bahamut0



This story takes place in an alternate universe of the Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG continuity I've set up. In it, Burst and the others use morphers to fuse with their duel monster partners. IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

  • ...
5
 186
 1,011

Episode 12: Honor between rivals! Rise of the Super Soldier!

"Hmm. Sombra?", Nightmare asked.

"Yes my queen?"

"I'm looking for powerful warriors such as you. Ones that bear some sense of honor. Do you know of any?"

"I know of a great ninja who could be of service. He is known as Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo."

"How interesting. I'll bring him to our world and see if he wants to challenge the rangers." Nightmare opened a portal and Grandmaster Hanzo came through. "Are you the ninja known as Grandmaster Hanzo?"

"That is my name. Why have you summoned me?"

"There is a group of warriors I wish for you to challenge. Keep in mind, I don't expect you to defeat them. They are known as the Duelist Rangers."

"Are they honorable opponents?"

"I find it off one who operates in the shadows would be interested in that, but they are."

"Regardless of our tactics, we ninja have a code of honor that we adhere to. Also, I sense the presence of an old friend here. One who promised me a final duel. Farewell." Hanzo vanished in a puff of smoke as he traveled to earth. He soon landed on top of a building in Canterlot. 'Black Luster Soldier my old friend. It is time I return what is rightfully yours.' Hanzo pulled out what looked like ancient armor. Garble watched the whole exchange with an evil smile.

"Time to make my own plans." Garble then opened a portal to the monster world and a samurai with demonic red eyes emerged. "Great Shogun Shien. Your enemy, Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo is here in my world. I know he's a threat to your reign. Now, you have a chance to eliminate him. Interested?" Shien had a demonic smile on his face as he vanished in a pillar of flame to earth. Meanwhile, the rangers and the girls had noticed Hanzo's arrival.

"He isn't attacking the city, but I think he's expecting us. Let's not keep him waiting! It's morphin' time!", Burst said as he and the rangers morphed and teleported to Hanzo's location. Hanzo sensed their presence, and bowed to them after he turned to face them.

"Greetings. I am Ninja Grandmaster Hanzo. I have been sent by Nightmare Moon to fight you. But there is only one among you I wish to face."

"Not that we aren't grateful, but why haven't you attacked the city?", Burst asked. Hanzo's memories flashed back to when his village was attacked by Shien's forces. None were spared. Not even children.

"The people going about their lives have no business in our battle. As for who I wish to challenge." Hanzo pointed to Steel. "You who wear armor similar to the Black Luster Soldier. Is his spirit with you?" Steel nodded as BLS's spirit materialized.

"Good to see you again Hanzo. How's the latest crop of ninjas doing?", BLS asked.

"They're a bit eager and brash, but it's not like I wasn't the same as them when I started out. Anyway, I'm here about our promise. You owe me that final duel. But seeing as you're fused with your partner, I'll have him take me on in your stead."

"You won't be disappointed.", Steel said as he and Hanzo drew their blades and got into fighting stances. The two charged at each other! Hanzo unleashed a series of quick slashes as he felt for any openings in Steel's defense! Steel kept his guard up and forced Hanzo off-balance with a push from his shield to counter his next strike! "My turn!" Steel charged his blade with energy and unleashed a blast at Hanzo! Knocking him to the ground! Hanzo smiled as he got up.

"You're retained all your skills. Now to show you mine!" Hanzo focused and got into a stance. "Ninjitsu Art! Duplication!" Two shadow images of Hanzo appeared and they circled Steel at high speeds! "Let's see if you remember how to counter one of my best techniques!" Steel was caught off-guard by the barrage of quick slashes from Hanzo and his duplicates! Then Steel got an idea!

"Terra Force!" Steel plunged his sword into the ground and released a shock-wave of energy that forced back Hanzo and his duplicates! But the duplicates were more fragile and were destroyed by the force of the shock-wave!

"Let's end this with one final stand-off!" Hanzo then got into a stance as wind blew around him! Steel got into his showdown stance as well as earth energy radiated off of him! The two charged and unleashed slashes that were faster than lightning! Both warriors were still for a moment until Hanzo fell onto one knee. "I believe this match is yours." Hanzo and Steel bowed in respect of a well-fought duel. "You have a good friend in Steel. I have something of yours that you left behind." Hanzo pulled out the Super Soldier Soul from the folds of his uniform. Steel took the ancient armor and it glowed before fading away. Steel then looked at his morpher and saw it had been transformed! "You will need your old power for the battle that lie ahead young warrior." Steel was about to thank him when Hanzo noticed something out of the corner of his eye. "Look out!" Hanzo pushed Steel out of the way as a blast of flame was sent flying at them! Hanzo grimaced as he recovered from the blast, and stared coldly at the figure who had attacked them. "Shien." Shien had an evil smile on his face as he took note of Hanzo's condition.

"We meet again. Honorless coward."

"What would you know of honor?! You who destroyed any who even whispered of opposing you! None were safe from your treachery, not even those who called you their comrade! Your evil ends today! If not by my hand, then by theirs!" Hanzo pointed to the rangers. "Let this be our final meeting demon!" Steel watched in horror as Hanzo engaged in what might be his last battle.

"BLS? Is Hanzo strong enough to beat Shien?"

"No. Sadly he isn't. Hanzo's greatest strength are his Ninjitsu Arts. But Shien has the advantage in brute strength and his demonic aura! It prevents Hanzo from executing more than one Ninjitsu Art at once!" The rangers were shocked at how ruthless Shien was as he struck Hanzo as he tried to recover from his assault! Shien had overpowered Hanzo and was about to make the final blow! But Steel blocked it just in time!

'I won't let another good monster suffer the same fate as Summoned Skull!', Steel thought as he blocked Shien's attack with his shield! He managed to push Shien back and looked at his changed morpher. "Time to see what this new power can do! Super Soldier Soul!" Steel activated his morpher and there was a flash of light! When it faded, Steel's armor was transformed and he had a new shield and sword! "BLS-Super Soldier Ranger!" Steel said proudly as he stood with his new form! "Let's show this coward how true warriors fight! You with me Hanzo?" Hanzo nodded in determination as Steel rused Shien and caught him by surprise! Landing a critical hit and stunning him! Long enough for Hanzo to throw a kunai at Shien's shadow! Shien was engraged and tried to begin his own assault, but noticed he couldn't move!

"What have you done?!", Shien growled! Hanzo gave him a smirk.

"Ninjitsu Art! Shadow Sealing! This prevents you from moving! Long enough for us to end this! Now Steel!" Steel charged up energy in his blade and charged at Shien! Unleashing a powerful finishing blow!

"Valor Slash!" A blinding light came from the force of the attack and was followed by a huge explosion! Shien was no more! Garble narrowed his eyes at Shien's defeat. He cast a spell he had stolen from Nexus' lab.

"Megamorph!" Shien was revived and grew to gigantic size!

"Now to crush you like the bugs you are!", Shien bellowed!

"We need Megazord power now!", Burst shouted. The rangers summoned their zords and formed the Megazord! Ice's zord gave the rangers extra support as they engaged Shien! Ace then noticed a new data alert coming from his display.

"Hey Ice!", Ace said as he contacted Ice. "It looks like your zord can link-up with the Megazord to give it wings!" Steel then noticed new information on his own display.

"We've got a new weapon! The Super Soldier Shield! Hey guys! Let's combine all our current upgrades! See how Shien handles that!" Burst nodded.

"Alright! Initiate zord and upgrade link-up!" The Megazord leaped into the air and Red Dragon Zord followed! Red Dragon Zord's body twisted and folded as its head tucked away and its limbs compacted into pegs that fit on the Megazord's back! Once it docked, Ice joined his friends in the Megazord's cockpit! Inferno and Steel then activated their upgraded forms! As Inferno activated his, the Megazord's right arm transformed! It was wearing a gauntlet that looked like Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! When Steel activated his, the Megazord had a powerful new shield that looked like the shield he had in his current power-up! "Battle Wing Megazord ready!" Shien fired a blast of flame flying right at them! "Steel! Let's see what our new shield can do!"

"Got it!" Steel raised the Megazord's new shield as it absorbed the flames and released a blast of energy that hit Shien! Stunning him in place! "Lets end this!" Inferno then charged the Archfiend Black Skull gauntlet until flames wrapped around it! The Megazord leaped into the air and came speeding down with its wings blazing!

"Black Skull Knuckle Impact!" Inferno cried out as the Megzord delivered the final blow! A devastating punch that obliterated Shien! "You just got burned!" The rangers jumped out of the Megazord and met up with Hanzo.

"It appears I must thank you for saving me once again old friend. Farewell Duelist Rangers!" Hanzo vanished in a puff of smoke and returned to the monster world. The rangers returned to the command center while the Megazord split into its components and the zords returned to their lairs. Rainbow Dash ran up to Steel and hugged him tightly.

"You guys just got 20% more awesome with those upgrades!" Steel smiled as he kissed her.

"And you just got a 50% cooler boyfriend." The rangers and their friends celebrated their triumphs and their newest editions to the Megazord.