• Published 27th Feb 2017
  • 567 Views, 4 Comments

Pony and the Sea - Lotus Moon



MLP meets The Little Mermaid...sorta

  • ...
 4
 567

Chapter 2

Heading back to the station, he thought he would take a trip to Ponyville. He wanted to see Zecora and ask her for advice on how to approach a Mer-pony. He boarded the train and watched the scenery go by as he headed for Ponyville. “Wow, things have changed. It feels like just yesterday things were a little too chaotic. Now everything’s more peaceful.” Blue couldn’t help but smile, remembering his dive. “And now some pony more beautiful than any pearl or gem has appeared.” He was snapped out of his thoughts when the train whistle blew and the conductor called out the next stop. “Ponyville! Next Stop, Appleloosa!” Blue jumped up and grabbed his bag, galloping off the train before the door closed.

Blue walked through Ponyville, greeting every pony he saw. He saw Fluttershy and her animals in the front yard. He greeted her and had a short chat. To which Fluttershy noticed he seemed different than usual. “Blue, I could be wrong but you have a different look to you today. You look almost, how can I put this, dazed and dreamy. Did something good happen to you today?” She asked in her mousy voice.

“Oh um…well no…nothing in particular. I collected more shells than normal if that’s what you mean. And I have the honor of creating a tiara for Princess Flurry Heart. I guess this look on my face is just because I’m trying to decide what design to use.” He said, trying to act as normal as possible. “Anyway, I’d love to stay and chat longer but I really need to see Zecora about something. I’ll come by some time in a few days. G-Goodbye.” He galloped off quickly.

Getting deep into the Everfree Forest, Blue finally slowed down and sighed. “Aw man, can’t believe I reacted that way in front of her. I’ll make it up to her on my next visit and treat her to some cupcakes. At least Discord wasn’t with her or he’d tease me till I caved in. I’ll have to be careful.” He walked through the forest, looking around till he finally saw Zecora’s hut. He knocked on the door and Zecora answered.

“Well hello there, Blue. Is there anything I can do for you?” Zecora asked, her usual rhymes and riddles were the one thing Blue Shell felt calm with.

“Zecora, it’s nice to see you. I need your advice on something.” He walked inside and sat down across from Zecora. “On my scuba dive today, I encountered the most beautiful pony. But she wasn’t a pony. She was a Mer-pony…they should be extinct. But there she was…swimming gracefully as the waves gently tasseled her alluring tri-color mane.” He sighed contently. “I’ve never felt this fuzzy warmth inside me before…but how could I not? She so intriguing and I want to try finding her again just to know that I wasn’t dreaming. And I will have to since she intrigues the Princesses as well. But when she spotted me today, I made such a fool of myself. I just panicked and swam back to my boat. No doubt she probably won’t show up in the same spot again.”

“I see that is why you come to me for advice. You wish to know what to do should you meet this mare in the same place twice.” Zecora said, receiving a slight nod from Blue. “I know your concern on the matter but I cannot help for you see I know nothing about the behavior of a Mer-pony.”

Blue looked down with his ears flat. “Oh…I see. I guess this is a matter I’ll have to figure out on my own, huh?”

Zecora sipped some tea. “If you met this mare while on a dive, then perhaps it would be good to do another with a more positive vibe.” She smiled.

“So you mean I should do another dive, but don’t let what happened today get me down. Just go back more positive than before. Right?” He asked, gaining a nod from Zecora. “You’re right. I shouldn’t let get me down. If I don’t face her sooner or later, I’ll never face it. You’re really good.” He smiled and stood up, grabbing his bag. “Thanks for the advice, Zecora. Farewell.” Blue trotted out of Zecora’s hut and the Everfree Forest a little more cheerful than when he entered.

On his way back to the train station, Blue went to Sugar Cube Corner and ran into Pinkie Pie with Mrs. Cake. Not really getting a chance to say hi since she was busy playing around with Pumpkin and Pound Cake so Mrs. Cake could work. He made it simple and ordered a few cupcakes before leaving. “Sweet Celestia, those foals are adorable. I wonder what it would be like to have one. Wait wait wait wait! I think I’m thinking about that a little too soon.” He trotted to the train station. After boarding, he kept his bag of shells close as he snacked on his cupcakes.

Back in Canterlot, Blue ventured back to his home and started getting his equipment ready for a dive the next day. For the rest of his day and some of the night, he worked on constructing the shells into jewelry and accessories. When he was done, he went straight to bed, but his sleep was restless because his thoughts kept going back to the mysterious mer-pony he was going to see soon. The shimmer that drew him to her, her mane, the sparkle of her eyes, everything about her captivated him. Getting to sleep was definitely going to be difficult.

Throughout the night, Seaward Shoals seemed to take on a life of its own. It has its usual enchanting glow, but it seemed a little more mysterious. A section of it, near the shore, glowed a type of mystic blue and something emerged from it. The mist slowly rolled in and surrounded the being, shaping it into something new.