• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 2,083 Views, 34 Comments

EQUESTRIAN CAPS LOCK DAY - Less_than_good



Twilight's reshelving day is interrupted by EQUESTRIAN CAPS LOCK DAY, which comes around every year.

  • ...
5
 34
 2,083

EQUESTRIAN CAPS LOCK DAY

Twilight Sparkle, a purple, workaholic unicorn, was sitting in the library, magically floating books around. It was reshelving day. The various tomes and scrolls of various genres such as horror, comedy, biographies and reference were levitating in her signature purple aura. Everything was going right.

Until Pinkie walked in.

"HIYA TWILIGHT!"

Twilight was startled to the point she uncontrollably threw all the books everywhere with her magic, hitting herself, Pinkie, a large amount of the ornaments and breaking several windows; Spike, who was helping her, was knocked unconscious by a particularly heavy tome about the unconscious mind (seemed fairly fitting, really). "Pinkie, you just ruined reshelving day and knocked out Spike!"

"NO I DIDN'T. ANYWAY, THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT! IT'S CAPS LOCK DAY SO WE HAVE TO GO AND CELEBRATE! COME ON!"

"FINE, I'LL CELEBRATE YOUR STUPID CAPS LOCK DAY! JUST HELP ME GET SPIKE TO THE HOSPITAL"

If Pinkie was hurt by this shouted abuse she didn't show it, instead dragging her out of the tree house and across Ponyville to the hospital to treat Spike. Once they left him under the care of Nurse Redheart (who, thankfully, did not know about Caps Lock Day) they decided to go to Fluttershy's, or Twilight decided to go home and Pinkie dragged her along to Fluttershy's.

"I'VE GOT TO ORGANISE A CAPS LOCK DAY PARTY, AND I'VE GOT TO INVITE EVERYPONY IN PONYVILLE!" Pinkie was bawling loudest of all. Twilight was already having migraines.

"LET'S INVITE FLUTTERSHY FIRST!" Pinkie was bawling at the librarian.

"I DON'T THINK SHE'LL BE ALL THAT HAPPY ABOUT THAT! YOU KNOW HOW SHE IS WITH LOUD NOISES!" Twilight was genuinely concerned for her animal-loving friend right now. Unfortunately they were already at her isolated cottage and Twilight was unable to stop her pink friend hollering into the window. The animals that were there until a few seconds ago had now scattered.

"HEY FLUTTERSHY, IT'S CAPS LOCK DAY! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!"

"PINKIE PIE, THAT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA!"

Fluttershy walked slowly out of the cottage, somehow completely unphased.

"Pinkie Pie, I already knew it was caps lock day. I don't need reminding."

Twilight was stunned; Fluttershy never coped well with loud noises, and she was speaking as loud as most ponies would on a normal day.

Twilight was still stunned by Fluttershy's apparent tolerance of the loud noise as they walked through Ponyville. She barely registered as they picked up the rest of their friends.

"APPLEJACK! IT'S CAPS LOCK DAY! YOU'VE GOT TO COME TO MY CAPS LOCK DAY PARTY!"

Everything at the party was LARGE for the event - even the confetti, which was wider than most pony's hooves - and everypony was enjoying hollering at each other without feeling guilty. Even Fluttershy enjoyed it. The whole town was celebrating... right up until Princess Luna turned up.

"CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE!" Everypony ended up with windswept manes.

"AS YOU ALREADY KNOW..."

Twilight started to piece together what was going to happen. If Luna is using the Royal Canterlot Voice

"...IT IS EQUESTRIAN CAPS LOCK DAY!"

And it's Equestrian Caps Lock Day

"IN HONOUR OF THE OCCASION..."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Twilight dove towards the Princess, and time seemed to slow down.

"...I SHALL SPEAK IN CAPS LOCK FOR THE ENTIRE DAY!!!"

It was too late.

Everypony's ears began to bleed and all of them began to curl up on the floor, feeling more pain than anypony else had known, feeling red hot iron being lodged into their ear canals, feeling their eardrums tear and explode.

And nopony heard a thing. Not a word, not a cry of pain, and not the sound of the Princess teleporting far, far away.

Twilight sighed I should have stayed home after all.