• Published 28th Oct 2016
  • 3,603 Views, 112 Comments

A Big Hug - David Silver



Daring Do finds an interesting creature. She isn't going to take care of it, so she brings it to the Royal Sisters to deal with. Surely they can handle it, right?

  • ...
10
 112
 3,603

2 - Training

The dark purple helmet on his head slowly slid off to the left, only prevented from going further as the slit on the top bumped against one of his horns.

Luna shook her head. "We'll get a helmet tailored for you, but this will do for now." She gestured over her... whatever he was, garbed as a lunar guard. "We didn't even have suits this large in stock. It was with great fortune that we had a few decorative statues that could serve the purpose."

He reached up and adjusted the helmet a little before he snorted and shook his head vigorously. The helmet bounced off his head and clanged to the ground, rejected.

Free of the bothering head piece, a bright smile spread over the face of the rabbit-like creature before he leaned in and began sniffing at Luna.

Luna sighed even as she pet along the cheek of her massive beast. "It's not that bad, is it?"

He crossed his arms defiantly.

Luna gave a faint smile. "At least you're wearing the rest of it. We'll come back to the helmet after a proper one is forged for you." She rose up, standing on her hind legs as her new pet often did, though it required far more balance for her than for him. "Now, let us go over some etiquette."

Her standing was apparently some kind of signal, because he stepped in and wrapped her in a warm hug even as she squeaked. He leaned in and began nibbling at her neck with his deadly teeth. Thankfully he was careful and affectionate and brought no harm to Luna as he began preening her fur and eagerly cuddling her.

Luna wasn't as surprised that day as she had been the day before. Her horn glowed as she gently pushed her pet back. "No hugging without permission." He looked confused. "No hugging," she repeated, but she had the distinct impression she had only succeeded in saying 'no hugging right now.'

Even as he settled to his large haunches, she tapped at her chin. "You need a name." He twitched one of those flopping ears towards her before it fell back down. "Do you already have one?" He shook his head. "Very well... I shall call you Tsuki Usagi. That's Neighponese for Moon Rabbit, we believe. For simplicity, Tsuki will do. Do you like it?"

Tsuki bobbed his head eagerly and advanced, looking ready to deliver another hug.

Luna's magic gently held him at bay. "We are pleased you like your name, Tsuki, but now--"

He pushed through the magic, but ultimately obeyed her spoken desire to not be hugged. Instead he stroked over her cheeks and through her sparkling mane.

Luna darkened a bit at the boldness of it. "You have no sense of propriety." Despite that, it was... nice. Few were the pony ready to stride up to Luna and demonstrate just how wonderful they thought she was. Luna decided to relax a little, letting Tsuki stroke over her as she savored the attention. Besides, was it so bad so long as the one doing it wasn't another pony?

Tsuki circled around her as he worked and came up behind her, sitting with his belly to her back as his paw-like hands stroked along her sides and down her legs, grooming her fur meticulously.

Luna shivered softly as those sharp claws tickled sensitive places along the way. "You could prove your worth as a masseuse, if such were your desire." Tsuki made a little noise, but he had no words. Luna perked an ear back at him. "Surely there's a spell that would allow your tongue to form proper pony phrasing. Would you like that, to be able to speak clearly?"

Tsuki tilted his head thoughtfully before he nibbled at Luna's left shoulder.

Luna decided that was an affirmative and rose up and away from his grasp. "We will consult the archives. You remain here." Her magic wrapped around the discarded helmet and brought it over to Tsuki. "Try to get used to this, if you would?"

He made a sour sound but did reach to accept it. The willingness to at least try at her command made Luna smile. "We promise, a better one is being forged. Be good. I will be back shortly." She took off at an easy trot. She'd find the spell, come back, and zap some words into her pet.

Author's Note:

Luna has a pet! They seem to be getting along alright, I think?

Be careful, Luna. Once you give Tsuki words, he can typo them!