• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 3,322 Views, 250 Comments

Sour Sweet on the Inside - DarkMaster0224



Dark Steele is an everyday normal teenager, with a bad attitude. Expected to compete in the friendship games, students put up with Dark's attitude, except one. One student with similar problems, may just be the key to changing Dark's life.

  • ...
14
 250
 3,322

Acquaintances

Location: Dark’s House

Dark woke to broad daylight leaking through his blue curtains, “Really? Do I have to tape these damn curtains shut?”

Looking at his clock, he saw it was about 7:00 am.

“Well, at least there’s no school today.” Dark said standing up and stretching.

He walked downstairs and saw Lilac was laying on the couch, passed out with her journal on her face.

“Typical Lili.” Dark said chuckling at his sister, “You stay up too late writing, pass out on the couch, and…” He lifted the book off her face, and peeled the last page off her face, “Yeah. Page stuck to your face.”

“Dark? Is that you, honey?” Midnight called from the kitchen.

“Morning, mom.” Dark called back placing Lilac’s journal on the tableside.

“Can you come here please?” Midnight asked.

Dark walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, “What is it?” He asked as he grabbed the milk.

“I’d like to talk to you about your behavior at school.” Midnight said looking at her son with a stern face.

Dark rolled his eyes as he sat down, “Uhg. Really? You know I never act as good as Lilac in school.”

“That’s not it.” Midnight said.

“If that’s not what you’re talking about, then what is it?” Dark asked confused.

“I’ve been hearing from Cadance and a few whispering students that you have been having problems with a certain girl.” Midnight said crossing her arms.

Dark’s eye twitched at the mention, “It’s not my fault. She won’t leave me be.”

“What about during my class when I forced you two to share your textbook? You two were perfectly nice to each other then.” Midnight said, “Sure you two fought in the beginning, but you two stopped fighting in the end.”

“Only cause you threatened to cut our grades in half at the end of the semester.” Dark said crossing his arms.

“It was the only way to get you two to work together.” Midnight said as she walked over to the stove, turning it on.

“I just want this year to be over with already so I can forget all about her.” Dark said.

“You do realize that you both are still Juniors.” Midnight said cracking an egg on the frying pan, “You two still have one more year together.”

“Only if I don’t get expelled or transferred again.” Dark said.

“And what can you do to prevent that?” Midnight asked.

“Maybe I don’t want to.” Dark said.

“Ok. Say you are expelled or transferred. That would mean that I would have to go with you and find a new job.” Midnight said.

“Oh c’mon. Don’t pull that card.” Dark groaned.

“And from what I understand now, Lilac would have to leave Thunderlane.” Midnight said, “Now how do you think that would make her feel. Having to leave the boy of her heart, after finally being allowed to date him without you scaring him off.” She said crossing her arms.

Dark couldn’t deny that Lilac wouldn’t forgive him if that ever happened and the fact that he promised Cadance that he would try to keep his anger under control. “Ok ok, I get it. No need to keep guilt tripping me, I’ll behave and I’ll try not to argue with Sweet.” Dark said holding up his hands

“That’s all I ask, now go get dressed I need you to run some errands for me.” Midnight said.

“It’s almost seven-thirty in the morning, what could you need?” Dark asked.

“You and your sister out of the house for the day, I had a long week and I need some time to myself.” Midnight said with a small smile.

“Really? Cause I haven’t had a long week.” Dark said.

“And because I’m your mother and I said so.” Midnight said smiling.

Dark groaned and walked out of the kitchen. He saw Lilac was still asleep on the couch, “So innocent and peaceful.” Then a devious smile formed on his face, “I think it’s time to wake the beast.”

Lilac shuffled a little and mumbled in her sleep.

Dark’s hand dashed forward and he began tickling Lilac’s belly.

“AHHH! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Dark! What did I-ahahahaha-tell you about-ahhhh-tickling me!” Lilac squealed.

“I don’t know. To do it as much as possible.” Dark said as he moved to her armpits.

“Ahahaha! Please stop. Have mercy!” Lilac yelled.

Dark laughed and stopped tickling his sister, “Sleep well?”

Lilac put on a pouty face, “I was having a nice dream.”

“Let me guess. You and Thunderlane were going out on a date?” Dark asked joking.

“It's weird, but it was about this guy and girl one had silver hair and the other had twintails and for some strange reason they were at what looked like the City Archery Range. The girl had star barrettes in her hair and the boy had a black jacket with a crescent moon on the back.” Lilac said scratching the back of her head.

“Your dreams are way too descriptive. Anyway mom wants us out of the house.” Dark said.

“Why?” Lilac asked in confusion.

“Because she told us to.” Dark said.

“Uhg. Where are we going?” Lilac said slipping her boots on.

“Well, mom said she needed us to run a few errands for her.” Dark said putting a dark blue jacket.

“Where’s your black jacket?” Lilac asked.

“It had blood stains on it from my bloody nose, so I asked mom to clean it for me.” Dark said, “No thanks to Sour Sweet.”

“Its just as much your fault, as it is hers.” Lilac said putting her jacket on.

“Oh, now you’re against me.” Dark said crossing his arms.

“I’m not against anyone, I’m just stating the facts.” Lilac said as she walked to the front door.

Dark just rolled his eyes and followed his sister. “See ya mom.” He and Lilac said as they walked out the door.

“Um aren’t you two forgetting something.” Midnight said holding up a small piece of paper.

“Oh right.” Dark said as he grabbed the paper from his mother. “Later.” He said.

“Be back by five you two.” Midnight said.

“No promises.” The two siblings said.

Timeskip

Dark and Lilac walked out of the store carrying a few bags of groceries.

“Anything else?” Lilac asked.

Dark looked at the list and checked off the last item, “Nope.” He looked at his phone’s clock, “And we still have hours to kill.”

Just then, both the sibling’s stomachs began growling. “Ok, let’s get some food I’m starving.” Lilac said rubbing her stomach.

“You’re always starving.” Dark said with a smirk.

“Yea, what’s your point?” Lilac said.

“Let’s just go, I heard there’s a cafe somewhere around here.” Dark said walking away.

“Cafe? Oh, you mean Sugarcube Corner. Thunderlane told me about that place, he says that his friend Applejack and her friend Pinkie Pie work there sometimes.” Lilac said.

“Thunderlane has a lot of female friends doesn’t he?” Dark said crossing his arms.

“Chill, Applejack is an old friend of his from Canterlot high. He told me they went out once before we got together, but it didn’t work out between them. They’re still good friends though, I’ve met her and she’s pretty cool.” Lilac said with a smile.

“Uhuh. Well I guess we might as well try it.” Dark said shrugging.

The two walked by many of the stores throughout the city, before finally coming to SugarCube Corner.

Dark looked at the place, “Uhg. This looks like one of those happy cheery people kind of places.”

“Oh pull the stick out of your butt.” Lilac said walking inside.

Dark followed her inside and was instantly greeted by a pink girl zipping in front of him. “Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie and Welcome to Sugarcube Corner!” The girl said with a wark smile on her face.

Lilac smiled back at the girl. “Nice to meet you Pinkie, I’m Lilac and this grump over here is my brother Dark.” She said pointing at her brother.

Dark rolled his eyes, “Can we just get something to eat? I’m hungry.”

“No problem grumpy pants, what can i get for you?” Pinkie said with an innocent smile.

Dark really wanted to say something, but seeing that girl’s smile made him keep his mouth shut. “Just get me a stack of blueberry pancakes and a glass of strawberry milk please.” He said crossing his arms.

“Alright and for you missy?” Pinkie asked after writing down Darks order.

“I’ll take scrambled eggs with cheese, 4 strips of bacon, 2 pieces of french toast with lots of powdered sugar and a glass of OJ.” Lilac said with a smile.

“No problem, I’ll be right back with your drinks.” Pinkie said as she skipped away.

“That girl seems like a lot of fun.” Lilac said.

“More like a lot of annoying.” Dark said, only to receive a kick from Lilac.

“If she’s so annoying, why did you stop yourself from saying something mean?” Lilac said.

“Because I’m making an effort to keep my temper under control.” Dark said, “For Mom and Cady.”

Lilac put on a pout, “Not me too?”

Dark chuckled and ruffled her hair, “You know I love you too, little sis.”

Just then Pinkie Pie came back with their food, “Here you go. Enjoy.”

“Thank you, Pinkie.” Lilac said smiling.

Dark didn’t say anything.

Lilac growled and kicked her brother.

“Thanks kid.” Dark said.

“No problem Darky.” Pinkie said as she bounced away.

“She’s adorable and you better not deny it.” Lilac said.

Dark’s eye twitched, “Did she call me, Darky?”

“Yes, yes she did.” Lilac said with a smirk.

Dark remained silent, clenching his fists tightly, then he sighed, “She’s annoying.” Lilac was about to kick him, “But she’s ok.”

Lilac smiled, “See you’re coming around, now if you could only smile a bit more instead of scowling all the time you might actually make a few more friends and don’t say you don’t need any Dark because you do.”

“You know who else is annoying? You are.” Dark said taking a bite of his pancakes.

“Yes, but you love me anyway and you know I’m right.” Lilac said smiling.

Dark couldn’t help but smile a little.

The two finished their food, satisfying up their hunger.

“Ah that was yummy.” Lilac said wiping her mouth off, “Burp, Oh… Excuse me.”

“What should we do now?” Dark asked as he pulled out his wallet, leaving the money on the table.

“Let's walk around town and see what we can find.” Lilac said getting up.

“Agreed.” Dark said getting up.

“Wait!” Pinkie said causing Dark and Lilac to jump.

“What is is Pinkie-”

FLASH!

“Gah!” Dark and Lilac yelled in shock.

“Oooh. That’s a keeper.” Pinkie said looking at the photo she took.

“Seriously? The least she could do is warn us.” Dark said watching the girl bounce off.

“And what would you say if she asked to take our picture?” Lilac asked already knowing the answer.

“I would have told her, ‘No thanks.’” Dark said, “I don’t like my picture taken.”

“Yeah just as I…” Lilac began, but then realized something he had said, “Wait, No thanks? You were going to be nice?”

“What? Is something wrong with me saying ‘No Thanks’?” Dark asked.

“No. It's just I didn’t expect that from you.” Lilac said surprised, “Usually you’ll say something rotten like, ‘Go away’ or ‘Would you not?’.”

“I told you, I’m making an effort to change.” Dark said walking out the door.

Lilac smiled and followed. “He’s trying and that’s all that matter. There’s hope for him yet.” She thought.

As the two walked through the city they saw many sights. Recollecting many memories from when they first lived here.

Lilac gasped, “Oh my god!” She squealed pointing in a direction.

“What is it?” Dark asked looking in the direction she was pointing.

Lilac was pointing at an arcade, “Its the arcade we used to go to when we were younger.”

Dark quickly remembered the arcade, “Huh, I’m surprised the place is still here. After all these years.”

Lilac stood in front of her brother and put on a puppy face.

“Really? The Puppy dog face?” Dark said unamused, “You know that I’m not fooled by that.”

Lilac leaned her head on Dark’s shoulder, and fake tears appeared in her eyes.

“Oh come on. Really?” Dark said, “I don’t want to waste our money on old arcade games.”

“Please.” Lilac whined.

“No.” Dark groaned.

“Please!” Lilac persisted.

“No.” Dark said getting annoyed.

“Please please please please please…” Lilac whined.

“OK FINE!” Dark yelled giving up.

Lilac’s expression instantly lit up and she hugged her brother, “Thank you thank you thank you.”

“Lilac stop. We’re in public.” Dark groaned seeing people stare.

“What? Does it embarrass you to have your little sister hug you?” Lilac laughed pulling Dark into the arcade.

Time Skip Backwards
With Sour Sweet

Sour groaned as she woke up to the bright daylight across her eyes, “Uhg. Morning already?”

She climbed out of bed and looked at herself in the mirror, “God I’m a mess.” She said grabbing a hairbrush, straightening her hair out, “At least it’s the weekend. Don’t have to deal with anyone bugging me.”

Sour got dressed. She wore a long sleeve cranberry shirt with a matching skirt, white shorts underneath and matching heeled boots.

“Well, I don’t look horrible.” She said as she walked out of her room. She walked downstairs and could smell someone cooking something.

“Mmm, something smells good.” Sour said with a small smile.

She walked into the kitchen and saw her mother cooking pancakes, “Morning Mom.”

“Oh, good morning sweet heart.” Sweet Tart said smiling.

“Did dad go to work?” Sour asked.

“Yes, he got called in early today.” Sweet Tart explained.

“Ok. What are you cooking?” Sour asked smelling the air.

“You can’t tell? It’s your favorite breakfast.” Sweet Tart bringing over a plate with strawberry pancakes. Then she placed a container of blueberry syrup next to her plate.

“Yes. Your famous strawberry pancakes and blueberry syrup.” Sour said sitting down, “At least one good thing came out of this week.”

“Oh? Surely your week hasn’t been that bad.” Sweet Tart said.

“Really? Didn’t I tell you about my week?” Sour said dully while stuffing a pancake in her mouth.

“Not really, ever since monday you would just come home and go up to your room with a scowl on your face.” Sweet Tart said.

Sour knew what her mother said was true, she didn’t really talk to her mom and dad this week. “Sorry mom, I’ve just been really angry this week and my jerk of a partner is just making things worse.” Sour said crossing her arms.

Sweet Tart knew that tone and she didn’t like it. “Ok, who’s got you all ‘sour’ sweetie.” Sweet Tart asked.

“You know the more you make those jokes, the more I think you just named me just to make fun of me.” Sour said.

“Whatever gave you that idea.” Sweet Tart said with a smile. “Now, tell me what’s wrong?” She said as she sat next to her daughter.

Sour just rolled her eyes and giggled at her mom's antics. “Ok, you know how the Friendship games are coming up?” Sweet Tart nodded. “Well, apparently we need to be in partners for the event and I’m partnered with the biggest jerk in the school.” Sour said.

“Who Ledger?” Sweet Tart asked.

“No not him, at least he knows not to mess with me. His name is Dark Steele and he’s possibly worse than Ledger.” Sour said.

“How so, what has he done to you?” Sweet Tart asked.

“Ever since the guy got here, he’s been nothing but a pain in my A-” “Language young lady!” Sweet Tart said sternly.

Sour cleared her throat and sighed. “Pain in the neck.” She said.

“That’s better.” Sweet Tart said with a smile, “Now what could this boy be doing that makes him so bad?”

“Everything! He won’t leave me alone, and he’s constantly being a jerk to me.” Sour said throwing her hands up.

“Pot meet kettle, I'm sure you two have met before.” Sweet Tart joked.

Sour only growled at her mother as she ate her pancakes.

“Anyways, what are you planning to do today?” Sweet Tart asked her daughter.

“I don’t know. Go for a run, maybe hit the range.” Sour said putting her plate in the sink.

“Well feel free to do what you wish, I just want you back by five tonight.” Sweet Tart said.

“No promises.” Sour said walking towards the door.

“If you’re looking for your bow and quiver, they’re in the closet.” Sweet Tart said as she cleaned up the kitchen.

“Thanks mom.” Sour said as she went into the closet and grabbed her bow.

“Be careful my ‘Sour Sweetie’.” Sweet Tart said with a smirk.

Sour just groaned and left the house without a word.

With Dark

Dark and Lilac were on their way back home to drop off the groceries that their mom had asked for.

Lilac was carrying a purple cat plushie Dark had won for her at the arcade, “Thank you for winning this for me.”

“Only reason I did it was because you wouldn’t stop asking me to win it for you.” Dark said.

“Oh sure. You didn’t do it because you love me?” Lilac said putting on a pout.

“Nope. Only cause you annoyed me.” Dark said. Then he smirked and put his arm around his sister, “You know I love you more than anything.”

“Yea I know, but you know if you showed this kind of kindness to other people, you might actually be liked a little more.” Lilac said as she hugged her plushie.

Dark just rolled his eyes. “Yeah whatever you say.” He said.

The two siblings continued to walk around the city until something caught Lilac’s eye. “Oh Dark-” “We aren’t going back to the arcade.” Dark said cutting his sister off.

Lilac then hit him in the head. “Will you let me finish? Look at the flier.” She said pointing at a piece of paper pinned to a telephone pole.

Dark rubbed his head and looked at the flier. “Canterlot Archery Range, ages 15 and older welcome. That actually sounds cool.”

“Hmm… It has been awhile since I used a bow and arrow.” Dark said, “And something tells me Cinch will want me at my top skills.”

“Since when do you care about what Cinch wants from you?” Lilac asked.

“Since she blackmailed me with my family’s sake.” Dark said clenching his fist tightly.

“Chill, I know why and it doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I can finally shoot something and not worry about consequences.” Lilac said with a smile.

Dark stopped walking and looked at his sister with wide eyes. “What did you-” “It was a joke, stop taking things so seriously! I don’t even know how to use a bow.” Lilac said cutting her brother off.

Dark growled and rolled his eyes, “I’m guessing you want to go there after we drop off the groceries?”

“Well I don’t want to carry them all day, what do you think?” Lilac said with a smirk

Dark sighed, “Alright fine.”

“Yay!” Lilac cheered.

Timeskip
Location: Canterlot Archery Range

Dark and Lilac walked into the archery range and up to the registration desk.

“Two bows, quivers, and arms guards.” Dark said to the man behind the desk.

“Scratch that. One, please.” Lilac said quickly.

“Um, I thought you wanted to shoot?” Dark said grabbing his arm guard and putting it on.

“Hahaha. You’re funny.” Lilac laughed, “I don’t even know how to use a bow. Nevermind like the idea.”

“Then why are you here?” Dark groaned, grabbing a bow from the rack.

“A, mom wants us both out of the house. B, someone needs to make sure you don’t shoot a person.” Lilac said sitting down.

Dark rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” He walked up to firing line and looked at his target.

The red and white patterned target stood about 70m away from Dark. Placing his arrow on his bow, he aimed for the center, then he aimed a little higher. Taking a breath, he let the arrow go.

Pheeeew

The arrow hit the five ring.

Lilac clapped for her brother, “That’s not too bad.”

“She’s right not bad man.” Dark and Lilac look over to see a boy about Dark’s age with dark blue skin, silver hair with blue highlights and blue eyes. He was wearing a black t-shirt with a white star in the middle of it, gray pants and black sneakers. There was also a girl next to him with with light violet skin, purple hair with teal highlights and purple eyes. She was wearing a dark blue tank top with a white star in the middle, black jeans and black boots.

Lilac’s eyes widened and she pulled Dark close. “Dark, my dream has come true.” She said.

“What are you talking about?” Dark asked.

“The boy with silver hair and the girl with twintails, it’s them.” Lilac said shaking her brother.

Dark pried his sister’s arms off him, “Wait a minute. You’re trying to tell me that these two?” He said pointing at the boy and girl, “Are the same two from your dream?”

“And we’re in an archery range, isn’t that weird?” Lilac asked.

“I’m sure its just a coincidence.” Dark said turning away from the two teens.

“Hey, he just complimented your shot.” Lilac said turning her brother back around, “The least you can do is say thanks.”

Dark glared at his sister, “I don’t even know this person.”

“And your point?” Lilac asked.

“Um excuse me, if you and your girlfriend are done silent fighting.” The girl said.

“Excuse me!?” Dark and Lilac shouted in unison.

“Ari, you can’t just assume something like that.” The boy said

“What? They're arguing like an old married couple. Figured they were together.” The girl said crossing her arms.

The boy pinched the bridge of his nose and turned to Dark and Lilac. “Please forgive my girlfriend, she’s still learning how to be nice.” The boy said.

“Huh. That sounds just like someone I know.” Lilac said looking at Dark.

“Oh shut it you.” Dark growled.

Lilac only rolled her eyes and turned back to the couple, “I’m Lilac Steele, and this is my brother, Dark.”

“Nice to meet you. I’m Artemis, but you can just call me Arrow. And this lovely girl next to me is Aria Blaze.” The boy now known as Artemis said.

“Sup.” Aria said with a small wave.

“What lovely names you two have.” Lilac said smiling.

Dark rolled his eyes, “Do you two need something?”

Lilac stepped on her brother’s foot, while still smiling at Artemis and Aria.

“Ow, what the hell?” Dark growled.

“Be nice.” Lilac said.

Aria smiled at Lilac. “I like her.” She said.

“Be nice Ari.” Artemis said.

“You three would make great friends.” Dark said looking between Lilac and the two teens.

“Oh, and you wouldn’t?” Lilac asked.

“No, I wouldn’t.” Dark said.

“Wow Aria, he acts just like you.” Artemis said with a smile.

“Only difference is he seems to be more like the old me.” Aria said.

Dark growled, “I’ll ask again. Did you two need something?” He put his hand up and caught Lilac’s wrist before she could hit him.

“Not really, just a compliment.” Artemis said with a smile.

“Yea, take it or leave it pal.” Aria said also smiling.

Dark rolled his eyes and turned back towards his target. Drawing his arrow, he took aim at the target. Taking another deep breath, he let the arrow go.

Pheeew

This time, the arrow hit the 2 ring on the outer edge.

“Dammit.” Dark said looking at his second shot.

“It’s ok, Dark. You’re just out of practice.” Lilac said, “You haven’t shot a bow for two years.”

“Two years and you can still shoot like that, nice man.” Artemis said.

“Oh please, Arrow show him how a real Archer does it.” Aria said.

“No thanks, I’m not Rainbow.” Artemis said putting up his hands.

“Who now?” Lilac asked.

“A friend of ours, she has a pretty big ego, but she has a very big heart” Aria said.

“Sounds like you, Dark.” Lilac said nudging her brother, “With your whole tough guy act, but your love for your family stands out.”

“Family is the most important thing to me. I’d give anything for you guys.” Dark said drawing another arrow.

“How about a change in your attitude towards others?” Lilac asked.

“Nope. That I cannot provide.” Dark said releasing the arrow, hitting the inner 5 ring.

“Ok that was painful, Artemis show him why your last name is Arrow.” Aria said shaking her head.

“I told you Ari, I don’t like showing off. Besides, he’s doing a good job.” Artemis said to his girlfriend.

“I’m with Aria, I want to see this skill of yours.” Lilac said.

“Um..well..aw what the heck.” Artemis said as he readied an arrow. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Allons-y!” Artemis said as he let go of the arrow.

Pheeew

The arrow went flying and hit the bullseye.

Lilac’s mouth hung open in awe.

Dark snickered, “Big deal. You hit the bullseye.”

Aria looked at Artemis and nodded to him. Artemis nodded as well and readied another arrow only this time he fired it right away.

Pheeew

The arrow hit the bullseye again and it split the first.

Lilac’s jaw hit the floor.

Dark only crossed his arms, “Am I supposed to be impressed? Cause you’re failing miserably.”

Aria stepped forward, but Artemis put a hand in front of her and smiled. “I don’t need to impress anyone, I’m just being me.”

“In other words, you’re being a showoff prick.” Dark scowled.

“Well that was uncalled for.” Artemis said scratching the back of his head.

“Seriously dude, you need to chill. He was just kidding, you don’t need to bite his head off.” Aria said glaring at Dark.

“Don’t bother with that boy. He likes to bite off everyone’s head.” A voice all too familiar called from behind Dark.

Dark’s eye twitched upon hearing the voice, “You’ve got to be kidding me.” He turned and saw Sour Sweet standing a couple stations away.

“What are you doing here?” Dark asked.

“It’s a free country and a free range.” Sour said firing her arrow.

“Ok smart ass.” Dark growled crossing his arms, “Why are you really here?”

“Dean Cadance suggested I work on my archery over the weekend.” Sour said drawing another arrow, “It's been a few years, and I needed to get my game back.”

“You had game?” Dark asked with a smirk.

Sour glared at him and fired another arrow without looking and she hit the bullseye. Artemis, Aria and Lilac looked at her with wide eyes and slacked jaws.

“That was awesome.” everyone but Dark said.

“Big deal.” Dark said.

“Said ‘Mister 5 point circle’.” Sour said with a smirk. “Even..um… Hey, what’s your name?” She asked looking at Artemis.

“Artemis miss.” Artemis said with a smile.

“Right, even Artemis did better than you and I could tell he didn’t even try.” Sour said still smirking.

Dark just growled. “He's nothing more than a showoff.” Dark said.

Sour then smiled. “Really because I overheard your sister asking him to show his skills to you both and he did just that. I wouldn't call that showing off.” She said.

“Thank you!” Aria said with a smirk.

“She is right and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to show up others just to spite them.” Lilac said.

Dark growled again and turned to Sour. “You’re really making an effort to turn everyone against me.” He said.

“You do a pretty good job of that yourself, you don't need my help.” Sour said crossing her arms.

Dark glared at the girl and she did the same to him. Artemis and Aria then walked over to Lilac.

“I'm sensing a but of tension between those two.” Artemis said.

“You have no idea, this is a regular thing between those two. They're always at each other's throats and it's been getting worse.” Lilac said looking at her brother and Sour.

“Really, is it that bad?” Aria asked.

“Yea, it's been like this ever since me and Dark transferred back to Crystal Prep.” Lilac said.

Artemis looked at Lilac and smiled. “He maybe a little rough, but he seems like a cool guy to me.” He said.

Lilac and Aria both looked at him with confused looks on their faces. “Arrow, that guy did nothing but insult you and you think he's cool?” Aria asked.

Artemis then looked to Aria. “I seem to remember a certain Twin-Tailed girl who use to treat me the same way and she ended up being my girlfriend in the span of a few months.” He said with a smirk.

Aria looked away with a blush on her face. “Ok, I see your point.” she said.

“Good, now back to what I was saying. Lilac, i can tell you care about your brother a lot and want nothing more than to see him lighten up.” Artemis said.

“You got that right.” Lilac said with a smile.

“Well, why don't me and Ari help with that.” Artemis said smiling back at her.

Lilac’s eyes lit up once she heard that. “Are you serious?” She asked.

“Sure, we'll help in anyway we can, right Ari?” Artemis asked the Twin-Tailed girl.

Aria rolled her eyes and sighed. “Eh why not, could be fun.” She said.

Lilac smiled at the two, but the smiled then vanished and was replaced by a look of confusion. “Wait...we just met and yet you’re offering to help my brother? What’s the catch?” She asked crossing her arms.

Aria smiled and put a hand on the girl's shoulder. “If you should no anything about Artemis it’s that he doesn’t need a reason to help someone. Trust me, I should know.” She said.

Lilac looked at Artemis and Aria with wide eyes. “You’re serious?” She asked.

“Of course we are, your brother needs someone who won’t quit on him and believe me if I can handle this one I can deal with your brother.” Artemis said pointing at Aria.

“Hey!” Aria said with a small pout.

“I’m kidding.” Artemis said with a chuckle.

Aria pouted again, but she had a small smile on her face.

“Now the first thing to do is to get those two to stop arguing.” Artemis said as he, Aria and Lilac looked at Dark and Sour who were still arguing.

“And how are we going to do that?” Lilac asked. Artemis didn’t answer and he walked over to Sour and Dark.

Lilac went to stop him, but Aria held her back.

“Ok, you two need to cool down and take a deep breath. All this arguing isn’t good for anyone.” Artemis and getting in between the two.

“You stay out of this!” Dark shouted, “This is none of your concern.”

“That may be, but you two need to stop this. I may not know why you two are fighting and I might not know what you’ve been through since you met, but if you keep this up it’s not just going to affect you but the people around you as well. Don’t you two have people you care about, how would they feel if they saw you both arguing and about to rip the person you’re arguing with apart?” Artemis asked in a serious tone.

Dark and Sour both stopped at this, they took Artemis’s words for a minute and both of them thought what would happen if their loved ones saw them like this.

Aw dammit, why is some random guy making sense about my life. I promised Cady and mom I’d make an effort with this girl, and here we are fighting again straight off the bat. Twilight wouldn’t approve either and I already made her cry once, I don’t want that to happen again.” Dark thought to himself.

What am I doing? I’m suppose to be controlling my anger, not fighting with him again. Dean Cadance told me to keep myself in check even when things get tough, and Mom would put me six feet under if she found out about this. Not only that she would be pretty disappointed with me and the way I’ve been acting lately.” Sour thought.

Lilac just blinked, shocked at Artemis’ words, “And he’s your boyfriend?” She asked Aria.

“Oh yea, that’s my guy and this isn’t even his tough love.” Aria said with a smile

“You’re so lucky to have such a nice boyfriend.” Lilac said.

“Thanks, I don’t know where I’d be today if it wasn’t for him.” Aria said.

Dark and Sour both stayed silent after what Artemis had told them. They knew he was right.

“I’m hoping the silence means you two are thinking about what I just said because if it is good.” Artemis then turned to Lilac. “Lilac tell me, was there a big reason these two were fighting?” Artemis asked.

“Well, I guess when they met each other, they bumped into each other, causing the other to fall down.” Lilac said recalling the events, “And as if that wasn’t enough, Principal Cinch partners them together for the Friendship Games. That so far has been a disaster.”

“That stupid rivalry between the schools, for an event called the Friendship Games it sure has it’s way of ripping apart two schools.” Aria said crossing her arms.

Sour’s eyes widen and she looks at Artemis and Aria. “Wait, you know about the game, that means you’re-” “Wondercolts yes and don’t get your panties in a twist, me and Artemis could care less about the games and the school’s rivalry.” Aria said cutting Sour off.

“She’s right if anything both schools should be ‘Getting Along’ and not ‘At Each Other’s Throats’.” Artemis said putting emphasis on certain words.

Dark and Sour looked at each other, but neither showed anger to the other.

“I know this isn’t my business, but maybe you two should try getting to know one another and seeing if you can find some common ground. I know it won’t happen overnight, but you both can take baby steps to achieve a better relationship with each other. I’m not saying you both have to be friends, I say you can think of each other as respected acquaintances.” Artemis said with a smile.

“I guess we can try.” Sour said holding out her hand to Dark.

Dark was taken aback by this gesture… But he reluctantly took her hand and shook it.

“For now anyway.” He said.

Lilac looked at her brother and smiled a bit. “Well, that’s progress.” She said.

“Yeah now we just need to make sure that it goes this smoothly before, during and after the games.” Aria said.

GROWL!!

Dark and Aria both knew that sound and they turned to their respective partners. “Lilac/Artemis we just ate, give it a rest.” They said both said.

Artemis and Lilac were both holding their stomachs with a sheepish smiles on their faces. “Sorry, I’m starving.” Artemis and Lilac said.

“You are a bottomless pit!” Aria and Dark said shaking their heads.

Sour just watched the scene unfold with confused look on her face. “Did you all rehearse this or what?” She asked.

The four just looked at each other, dumbfounded… Then they laughed.

“I’m sorry, but has anyone noticed how much we’re all alike?” Lilac asked.

“I did and it’s freaking hilarious.” Artemis said.

Sour saw Dark was even laughing a little, ‘He’s laughing?’

“How about this. We can all go out for something to eat?” Lilac said looking at the other teens.

“It’s Eatin Time!” Artemis proclaimed with a bright smile.

“I hear that brother.” Lilac said in agreement.

Dark and Aria rolled their eyes, “The two of you.” The four teens began laughing at each other.

Sour began walking away, but a hand stopped her. She turned and saw Lilac behind her, “You’re invited too, Sour.”

“W-Wait what? You’re inviting m-me?” Sour stuttered.

Dark looked at his sister with concern, but didn’t say anything.

“Well duh. Can’t invite all but one of us. That’d be very rude to a friend.” Lilac said smiling.

Sour thought about it it for a minute, but she shook her head. “Sorry, but I have to fix things with my current friends before I can start making others. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate it, but right now I need to...better myself first.” Sour said looking down.

Lilac was about to say something, but Aria walked up to Sour first. “I know where you’re coming from really, but just know this kid you have people willing to help you out with your problems. You don’t need to handle everything on your own. Someone close to me told me those exact words and I don’t regret taking their advice.” She said with a smile.

Sour looked at Aria and she nodded before she started to walk away.

Dark only watched as the girl walked to the exit. Lilac nudged him and motioned towards Sour.

Dark grumbled and looked back towards Sour, “Will you at least join us to dinner?”

Sour stopped dead in her tracks, 'Wait. Did he just ask me to join them for dinner?'