• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 1,710 Views, 26 Comments

Bride of the Chaos God - NyxoftheNight12



In a small village, Chaos ruled over with an iron fist. In order to appease the angry God and bring order once again, one mare is chosen to be sacrificed as a Bride. *Fluttercord*

  • ...
2
 26
 1,710

Prologue

Prologue

It was dry outside, yet it felt like it was raining.

"I'm so sorry." That was the sad voice of her mother.

That day, which was as sad as a funeral, was known as her wedding day.

Fluttershy hid behind her veil, away from the prying and pitiful eyes that watched her every move.

Decorated in the most expensive and lavish dress that her village could afford. Painted with the makeup used only for ceremonial occasions. Walking with the upmost perfect posture.

She felt hideous.

Mares, Stallions and foals whispered to each other.

"So that's the Bride of the Chaos God."

"Poor thing. She's so young."

"That's the girl who received divine revelation."

It was hard to ignore, but she had to if she wanted to hold back the tears. They faded out soon enough, but started again when she and her escorts walked passed the next crowd.

"There's nothing we can do. The Chaos is affecting the crops and we won't have enough food for the winter."

"Our children will starve if we don't do something about it."

"Let's just hope that offering up a bride will appease the Chaos God."

Fluttershy bit her painted lip at the next sentence.

"Someone needs to be sacrificed on our behalf."

Reaching the peak in which the ceremony would take place, Fluttershy stopped walking.

The minister, a rather big stallion, stood next to her. His speech didn't reach her. Nor did her wedding vows, which her voice answered for her. She kept staring at the boat that would take her out to the sea where her new husband would pick her up.

She didn't even notice that the ceremony had finished until people came up to bid her farewell.

"Please don't hate us. We didn't want this to happen either."

"But Fluttershy, I'm so happy that you're going."

"We're very thankful for you."

"Now we can live because of you."

It was all lies. She had heard their words when they thought she was away.

"I'm so glad that she's not our daughter."

"It's not our fault that she was the unlucky one."

"Anyways, a sacrifice is needed."

"As long as it's not me, I don't care."

Fluttershy ignored all of their false goodbyes and looks of pity. Taking a shaky breath, she stepped onto her ride to hell.

Yelping slightly at the sudden push, she whimpered as the boat started to go out to sea.

Terrified as she was, she managed to control herself long enough to make a wish to the heavens. A wish to her husband.

'I don't care what happens to my village.'

Fluttershy screamed.

There in the distance, greater than anything she had ever seen before, roaring with might and far more powerful than any unicorn or magic user she had encountered, was a hurricane.

'But please, Chaos please.'

The boat shook as the sea began to toss and turn like a child throwing a tantrum. The water, brown and sticky like chocolate milk, rained down on her. The boat shook, throwing her around like a discarded doll.

'I beg of you!'

Fluttershy screamed in fright. Her veil was ripped from her head and sucked right into the storm. Her hair, now free from its restraints, undid itself from its braided mess and flew around, blinding the poor girl.

'Just this time!'

Fluttershy cried out and held on for dear life. But alas, the boat was thrown in the air, sending her flying right into the center of the storm. Her wings, trapped underneath layers of heavy silk fabric, were useless in her attempts to stop falling.

'For once!'

Fluttershy crashed hard into the freezing chocolate sea, sending a great shock through her fragile body. Too frozen to scream or even move, much less try to hold her breath, Fluttershy sank down to the bottom of the now unnervingly calm ocean.

'Forgive me, please!'

Fluttershy saw black.

'Relieve them of your curse.'