• Published 25th Sep 2016
  • 4,714 Views, 18 Comments

Crackshipping and You: Flurryalis - Fuzzyfurvert



Flurry Heart is grown up, her mother can't control her any longer, and the fairies are calling.

  • ...
7
 18
 4,714

Misago

“Does this not bother you?” Chrysalis asked wearily, eyeing the mare cuddled up to her. “Why don’t you find a proper mare be with? One that does not feel like a rock?”

Flurry Heart, heir to the throne of the Crystal Empire, daughter of the alicorn of love, looked up from her hoof, which she’d been running up and down the changeling queen’s neck. They’d been sitting here for a while now, a grassy knoll a couple of miles from the capital of the Crystal Capital. Close enough for a short flight to- and from the castle, but far enough to be safe from prying eyes, aside from the occasional wanderer.

“But you’re the one I love, so why should I cuddle anyone else?” The young -- well, not so young anymore -- alicorn craned her neck upwards to reach Chrysalis’ cheek with her own. “If you are still referring to my mother’s complaints… I’ve been an adult for three years now. She doesn’t get a say in whom I date.”

“Did you even listen to her when she told you about changelings? Did you ask your aunt and great-aunts about my kind? About what destruction we have brought to you ponies over the years?” She stood up, leaving Flurry Heart pouting behind her, and took a few steps toward the slight downward slope.

“Yes, but you left all of that behind, didn’t you? You’re a good gal now.”

Chrysalis snorted. “A good gal? Like your goody-goody princesses, who spend their day waving to crowds and listening to their pathetic request?” She turned around, a small smile on her muzzle. “No. If I am playing nice with someone, chances are it’s an act.”

She leaned in. “Did you know I have brought down no less than three empires from within, little Flurry?” she stage-whispered. “Kings and queens, Princesses and princes… they all were delighted when a mysterious mare showed up, poor and neglected, and yet so beautiful.” Chrysalis reached her hoof out, reaching for a look of Flurry’s mane. “Oh, I stole hearts. Ponies are so easy to control.”

Flurry Heart looked at her in confusion. She got to her hooves, standing before Chrysalis. The changeling queen, however, had the height advantage, with her head proudly raised above the young alicorn.

“Tell me, little Flurry… Wouldn’t you agree that you’d be a tasty prize? A nice bargaining chip, a useful tool for someone who is after the Princess of Love and the Crystal Heart?” Chrysalis lifted her chin now, staring into Flurry Heart’s amazingly unconcerned eyes. “All of this I am telling you, those charming little words I’ve told you before… Oh, you want them to be true, don’t you? You’d lie to yourself to believe them.

“So ask yourself: Am I playing with you? Or am I just pretending to, in order to cover up the vulnerable heart that is beating inside?” She said those words in a mock-baby voice. “Or do you actually believe that I am telling you the truth?”

“Yes, you are.”

Chrysalis chuckled. “Oh really? Would you really bet your life on it? And that of the ponies of the Crystal Empire?”

“Yes, I would.” Flurry Heart did not hesitate. She looked Chrysalis square in the eye. She swiped the hoof under her chin away and took a step forward, crossing necks with Chrysalis. “You know, I’ve always been good with seeing love. Maybe I got it from mom,” she added. “But I truly believe you have changed, Chrysalis. And you’ll never be like great-aunt Tia, or like aunt Twilight, that’s true. But I love you, and I know you… care about me too.”

Chrysalis sighed deeply. Leave it to a mare barely into her third decade to shake the queen of the changelings. “Have you ever considered that it is a less sinister plot, and I am using this to get back at your mother? She’ll have an aneurysm once you tell her about… this.”

Flurry Heart smiled. There’d be trouble later, surely. But for now, she’d just enjoy the feeling of Chrysalis nuzzling her.

Comments ( 14 )

It's pretty good. But feels a little rushed.
Then again, this is a one-shot so I could care less :twilightsmile:

Complete... But... Why? It was so good...

7593323 It's part of the crackshipping series, they're all very short.

Hah, now that was nice. It must feel so weird, yet good fit Chryssie, being trusted life that.

Either Pastel or Fluffy did the cover art either way thumbs up for that

Crackshipping? How? This could totally happen. *adjusts shipping goggles* Totally.

Those are some ugly looking fairies.

I now ship it~

7789547
Yeah, I was shooting for a fairy tale-esque feel. But we are now at a point in popular culture where the original point of reference is forgotten in many cases, and only older references to the original are remembered. For example, take the guy that showed up at sporting events in the rainbow afro and held up signs with bible verses on them. Everyone knows the guy, but a lot of folks don't know where he came from, only the reference to him on the Simpsons or other shows that are themselves old enough to be made by people who know the original source.

It's not a bad thing. I think it's more comical than not.

It's because of this story that I now hope that Chrysalis' season 7 reformation occurs because of Flurry Heart somehow.

MOW

7789962
Well, those fairy tales are also the original changeling stories, so you've got that going for you.

Damn, I wish there was more

9121240
Have ANY of us ever read a Crackshipping and You story because of its deep, fleshed out narrative conceit? No! We just want an easily digestible, but tangibly intriguing romance with a novel aesthetic. In my opinion, this is one of the most interesting pairings of the whole series, or at least what of it I have read so far.

Login or register to comment