• Published 25th Sep 2016
  • 460 Views, 1 Comments

Winds of An Immortal Empire - Artistic Dawn



This is the origin story of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

  • ...
 1
 460

Prologue

Prologue

Long ago, before the return of Princess Luna, before her banishment, even before the founding of Equestria itself; the pony tribes lived in their own separate lives. Earth ponies lived in small towns with large fields. They lived as their ancestors did before them, destined to worked in farms to provide not just for their own but for the Pegasi and Unicorns. If it were not required to slave away on their lands for Freaky Powered overlords in order to grow the food, the work would be much more suitable. The food would be more plentiful of course, but it was more than that. The land bound ponies looked down upon their fellow lazy equine. Pegasi only had to move a few clouds but at least they did something that required physical activity! Then there were the Unicorns. The snobby, stuck up, Unicorns living in their fancy castles and well made petticoats. They act as if the very sun sets for them...well it does but that's because it’s their job! They set and rise the sun as well as the moon. That’s it, their only jobs. Clearly ‘the hard workers of ponykind.’

Pegasi flew and lived in the sky for they had no need to live among the common earth ponies. Farming truly was a job fit for their simple minded brains. And thought they were strong, they lacked the speed and agility to with stand of forces of nature. That is where the Pegasi race shine. For, unlike their numskull and ‘high horse’ counterparts, they were a fearsome, mighty force of warriors. Soldiers of the equine. They lived above all others, controlling the very winds themselves. The clouds were their beds and homes. Restlessness was an unknown among them. They looked down at both brainless and snotty of the pony kind. It was well known that the Unicorns and their freaky magic, think they’re better than all! It could be understood as to why they feel that way about earth ponies, who doesn’t, but to think themselves as superior to the literal bringers of the weather?! It was highly disgraceful!

Unicorns recited among the mountain side where the most brilliant of gems also recited. They were as elegant and radiance as the Unicorn’s own magic. Aw yes, magic was truly the most powerful and greater of all the elements. It’s majestic luminance, vibrant glow held a great strength as to change the physical world itself. It took a great deal of study for one to do so making Unicorns not only the most powerful of all equine but the most intelligent. They knew of histories, language, most anything as a matter of fact. Even though their other fellow equine believe they looked down on them, was it any of wonder? They were clearly the superior of the races. It was also known that Earth were poor dirty farming bumkins and that Pegasi were brutal ruffins. By their very nature, it was no wonder Unicorns had to take charge of bringing forth the Sun and Moon. For who else would know how do so?

Each tribe agreed on that their jobs were far more important than that of their fellow ponies and that their own race was ‘clearly better than the others.’ Theses were indeed hard times for the three tribes and would only get worst from them out, whether they knew it or not. However, this is not where this story truly begins. No, for as you already know, there is a fourth race of pony. Far stronger than the earth, far more agility than Pegasi, and far more magical than the Unicorn. They had all these abilities and and more; they are also far more mysterious.

Far pass the mountains of the Unicorn, in a remote valley of land hidden from the rest of the world, there you would find another land ruled by a very different breed of ponies. They bared longer wings of Pegasi and taller horns of that of a Unicorn’s. They called themselves the Alicorns.

The Alicorn Empire is far more expanded than that of their other pony kind. Their lands are vast more plentiful and vast more greater in scale than those of the earth race. The Mountains that concealed their land held larger gems that glimmered in the sun’s rays. However, their kind lay not in theses places. For you see, like their Pegasi counterparts, they too lived in the sky. However, not in clouds.

Due to their nature, they were able to create grand towering castles of marble or Ivory without the worry of them falling to the ground below with certain magic spells. The Alicorns, like the shimmer palaces they created, were well dressed in suits and dresses made with fine silks and velvet. Jewels of gold that contained different size jems hanged on the necks of mares. Jems were also attached to said mare's earlobes. Alicorn guards on duty worn armored plates of gold, each embedded with a mark of an Alicorn with wings spread out to show power over all.

Truly they were great, greater than all. Great Masters of all nature and her elements. They knew of their other kind, theses lessers that thought themselves greater than the others. Noble Alicorns laugh at their ignorant ways. Unicorns may claim no other can rise and low the sun, they know not that if the Alicorns have not thought themselves above such tasks, it would be done without cost of Unicorn magic. Still, said Unicorns did really need to know their place. As for the Pegasi and Earth, theses tasks were even more demeaning for Alicorns. They had no need for they’re kind, far from it. They dominated the weather they brought forth and they’re lands were plenty.

Unquestionably, if they let themselves be known theses common morals, they were be bowing at their hooves in shear acknowledgement of their nativeness. They knew this for even longer ago, the presents of the Alicorns were known by all ponykind. They ruled over the peons with all their mighty strength and power. They were servants in their presents as they fearfully did as they were told as to not upset their godly rules. And honestly, were they not gods?

However, the demands of theses lowlifes became unbearable! They want things like “a good harvest” or “shelter from the storms.” Not only were these demands unreasonable for their statue but for theses commoners asking at such times during their rest from ruling them during the day!

Clearly, something had to be done. Thus one day they made their announcement of leave and did so that day. Since then, though they missing having others do their work for them, it was better this way. Afterall, mortals had to take care of themselves.


Pink and blue melting together in a thin swirl stretching from here to eternity. Clouds thinning to part the way. The sun was invisible to the eye, yet known it be there behind the towering mountains. Or at least if one were either the cloud or earthly grounds below.

The glowing beam of light was calling, as it always had during this time of day. However, unlike most times, it was possible to reason to such a calling. Her wings were tried most definitely as gravity tried so very hard to bring her back, but this time she would not follow this command.

She was so close, so very close. The pecks of mountain tops were near now. She only need to push a little harder. Just a bit longer.

The mountain peaks were now a whole three feet away. No pony her age had ever gotten this far without help. Without the care of an adult to make sure they don’t go too far to the top. Yet...she was just there. Just another ten inches. There was a cloud near by, but it was seven feet away from the peak and four whole feet down. It was a weak cloud anyway, too thin for a pony even her age to rest on. Five more inches, she was so close now. Just a little more…

Her head was above the highest peak. She finally could see it.

It was blinding to be sure but it’s glowing globe still called to her. Asking her to come closer. The world around the blinding sun was painted with it’s rays of light. Yet she could see the green tops of the trees and the valleys that went over the hilltops, meeting the sun.

The pain of her wings finally catched up to her as, for one horrible second, they closed suddenly. She remembered what the elders told her. Let it guild.

She face first to the ground as the world raced around her. Gravity was pulling to the speed of sound itself.

Only falling.

Her eyes, that were closed during the free fall, flashed opened as she spread her wings. As they catched the speed of the wind, she moved upwards. Now with her hooves in front of her, she let gravity take control during her gilding. Her landing was chosen as she moved her already sift wings to make the needed turns. She flew down to the city as ponies passed her. The world around to begin to slow as she lowered to the ground of cloud. Still was not enough to stop her landing from being graceful as she met the ground far sooner than she thought.

It was of course a soft landing but still not she wanted. She opened her eyes to see her light pink mane in messy strands, preventing her view of the city around her. She could only look down to see her already white hooves being ingulf with the cloud floor.

She slowly got up to her hooves, still feeling the strain of her wings stinging her back. While rubbing her sore wings, the view of her familiar surroundings gave her a clear direction as to where to go next.

Thus, with painfully not so stiff wings, the young alicorn walked down a path towards home.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoy my take of Princess Celestia's and Princess Luna's origin story.