• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 2,716 Views, 74 Comments

Black Bloom - Bronycommander



May 16th 200- This day changed the world. Can a security guard and a Marine get a filly who got here by the incident to safety before it's too late?

  • ...
5
 74
 2,716

Chapter 2 Getting to know each other

Chapter 2: Getting to know each other

The way to the Executive Lounge was quiet as Gordon had already taken care of the aliens. “So Apple Bloom… May I ask how you got here?” Konrad felt guilty.

Apple Bloom let out a sigh, “Well, Ah was playing with my friends, when a portal opened. It sucked me in before they could react. Ah found myself in this facility. When Ah saw your comrades, Ah thought that they would help me, but after they killed that Scientist, I feared for mah life,” She explained in her country accent.

“Sorry to hear that,” Konrad was touched by that.

“Ah just hope that my sister and brother aren’t too worried as they are very protective,” She sighed.

“What are they looking like?” The Medic asked curious.


“Mah big sister Applejack is an Earth pony like me, but has an orange coat, yellow mane and green eyes. She’s wearing a brown stetson hat. Mah big brother Big McIntosh, Big Mac for short, is a strong pony with a red coat, also green eyes and an orange mane. He’s responding to questions with ‘eeyup’ or ‘nnope.’ Ah also have a grandmother Granny Smith. She has a lime green coat and orange eyes, Mah parents died when Ah was just an infant.” She sobbed, showing that she missed them already.

“Sorry to hear that. Your family is very interested in apples. Granny Smith is an apple variety, Applejack is also the name of a strong alcoholic beverage produced from apples. Big McIntosh alludes to the McIntosh variety of apple, which is mostly red with green streaks on its skin,” The Engineer explained.

“What a coincidence. Mah family is known for their apple products. May I ask what technology you use and your names?”

Konrad pointed to his vest. “This is the Powered Combat Vest, commonly abbreviated as P.C.V. it’s designed to protect the user from chemical, biological, radiological and physical threats during operations in the unit's defined battle space.
Also it increases the effectiveness and versatility of the user, allowing them to operate in environments which are outside the normal bounds of the regular infantry.

My gas mask has built-in Night-Vision Goggles. It is also bulletproof, that means that I can’t get hurt by any head injuries. In addition, the PCV includes a Geiger counter, morphine administrator which allows us to function normally even after serious injury, a Tactical Radio and a Head-Up Display, HUD for short in the protective mask lens which tracks the user's medical condition and weapon ammunition. The vest contains an on-board computer system that constantly monitors the user's health and vital signs and reacts to any changes in the user's condition.

The PCV provides complete protection to the center mass of the user, protecting the torso, abdomen, shoulders, and back. This is provided by the electrically powered shield which stiffens the fibers of the suit to provide a hard, resilient layer of armor to absorb the kinetic energy. With a fully charged vest, the user can survive several dozen rounds of small arms fire or even a direct hit from a rocket propelled grenade. The PCV also provides protection from high level electrical and thermal energy, biological and chemical threats when sufficiently charged. It can be charged with batteries or at any Charger.

I, my commander Tanner and our demolition expert Michael are using the MP5 submachine gun with attached grenade launcher. Actually, we use normally M4 Assault Rifles, but some idiot in the supply ordered by mistake MP5s and a lot of 9x19MM Parabellum for it."
Michael took a draft from his cigar. “Do you ever run out of these?”

“Never, even in a situation like this Konrad,” He joked.

“Whatever. This is David, our expert for close combat,” He pointed to the balaclava Soldier with Ski googles. “He is using a SPAS-12 shotgun. It can be fired semi-automatic or via pump-action. The alternate fire mode fires two shots at once. This shotgun is a special version exclusive made for us. Normal USMC units are using M1014 JSCS or Remington 870 MCS shotguns.

This is our Medic Tower. He’s only armed with a Glock 17, but he is trained in first aid and emergency surgery and has the ability to heal wounded soldiers in the field. HIs sidearm would normally be a M9 Beretta but this idiot also ordered a lot of Glock 17s instead of the M9."
Tower waved and smiled at Apple Bloom as he corrected his glasses.

“And this is our Engineer Jackson. He is equipped with the tools necessary to adapt to changing situations in the field, mostly by cutting through sealed doors or floor grates with his welding torch.
He has the powerful Desert Eagle as sidearm like we have. As it is not very accurate, it as a laser sight to counter this.”

While Apple Bloom was not a fan of weapons, it was still interesting.

“Enough talking Gentleman, stay alert.”
“Yes, commander.”


Jacob was hoping for the best as he was still hugged his wife to comfort her.

Attention. This announcement system is now under military command.
Attention. All Black Mesa security personnel wanted for immediate questioning.”

Mia broke down, “I don’t wanna die!”

"Shh, don’t worry, help will arrive.” Jacob was patting her back. Then he heard footsteps. “Someone’s coming.”

“Area secure, no sign of hostiles.” A squad of marines arrived.

“We’re the rescue team. You’re safe now.” The marine with beret spoke to them. Mia and Jacob were surprised to saw a filly.

Suddenly a selling panel broke apart revealing a barnacle. He caught the filly. It struggled and screamed, “Help me!” Jacob killed the barnacle, while Mia caught the filly as it fell. It cried into her arms.

“Shh, you’re safe now.” She spoke in a calming and motherly tone.

Apple Bloom looked up. “Thank you.” The woman with blonde hair and green eyes smiled at her.

The barnacle disgorged bones and other remains of recently consumed victims causing Apple Bloom to throw up. “Sorry.”
“None taken.”

“I don’t know what we could do here.”

"You’re right Jacob, let’s get out of here. With the tram, we should make it to the surface. Let me use the retinal scanner.”

The Scientist walked to a metal door with a retinal scanner. “Access acqui-“ The scanner exploded, killing the Scientist.

“What now? He was the only one with retinal scanner access.” Jacob looked at the dead Scientist.

“Don’t worry, I have the tool for this job.” Before Jackson lit his torch by using his cigarette, he spoke to Konrad, “Who needs a locksmith, eh, Konrad? Heh heh heh,” He laughed and cut the door.

After the door was open, Zombies attacked. “We got hostiles!”

Mia got Apple Bloom to cover while the marines and Jacob killed the Zombies.

“Shh, it’s over.” Mia strokes her mane.

“When we make it out of here alive, I'm gonna buy you all a round of beers. And for you I buy a glass of apple juice.”

Apple Bloom smiled at the security guard with brown hair and green eyes, “That’s very generous from you mister…”

“Jacob. And this is my wife Mia. Do you want us to tell about your family?”

Apple Bloom nodded and told them everything about her family, her friends, home and such. She also told that she never saw a human before. She even told them how she got her Cutie Mark and what it was. It showed a red, pink and purple shield with an apple with a heart inside it. She also told them that ponies spoke English and in the past French but the magic allowed them to understand most languages. This meant that she if someone would speak Italian, it sounded like English for her while for the Italian, it sounded like she would speak Italian.

“I heard rumors that you are not here to rescue us, is this right?” Mia asked. Tanner gave Konrad a nod and he sighed,

“To be honest, yes. Our orders are to eliminate Black Mesa's civilian personnel to ensure that the incident is covered up. The government’s idea of ‘containment’ is to kill everyone associated with the project. Also we were ordered to eliminate the aliens, Black Mesa Security Force, and bring important members of the Science Team up to the surface for brutal interrogation. However many Marines disagreed with their orders. My Squad is one of them.”

“I guess you’re a good guy, Corporal. You and your men.”

Apple Bloom stepped forward as suddenly the ground collapsed. She fell with Konrad into a lower level.

“Konrad!”

“Don’t worry, I’m alright,” He replied to Tanner as he checked Apple Bloom. She was unharmed as he had catched her and the distance they had fallen was very small.

“Looks like you two fell into Sector E. But there’s also a way to the surface. We see you there.” Jacob looked down to them.

“Alright, we’re seeing you at the surface.

“Don’t worry Apple Bloom; I will protect you from any harm.” She was a little scared.

"Hey Konrad, well, looks like it is a baby sitting job after all! Take care of her!" Tower joked as Konrad looked at his leg, as Apple Bloom was wrapped around him in fear.

He let out a frustrated sign and replied, "Yes, sir." Why is it always me?! One day Tower, one day... but not today. She's attached to me, yes, and I want to get her out of there, but I'm no baby-sitter! Once this is done, You will pay! He thought as Tower always managed to get him to be victim of his jokes.

They walked through Sector E. "Can Ah ask you something, Corporal?"

"Anything and Konrad is just fine, only my comrades call me by my rank."
"Can you tell me more about you?" She asked curious.


"Well, I born and grown up in Raccoon City, a small, industrialized city located in the Midwestern United States. I deployed a like for soviet firearms and I like to fight Monsters and Zombies. The Marines of the HECU are specially trained to deal with a variety of indoor combat situations, particularly involving a dangerous environment and unconventional enemies, and I was told I would make an excellent Marine. As I am a patriot, I gave it a try and I made it in. Was not easy. As for my comrades, I was in bootcamp together with them, and we've been friends ever since. Never thought my first mission would be like this."

"A wise choice if you ask me. Watch out!" She called out as Barnacles were dead ahead.

Konrad stopped to shoot them.
Around the corner was a Vortigaunt next to a dead marine. Konrad evaded his attack and shot him in the head. He collected the shotgun from his killed comrade. "Not my style, but it could be useful later on."

After a while and some more Vortigaunts, they came to a damaged bridge with toxic waste below. “Trust me, okay?” Konrad gently lifted Apple Bloom up and jumped over the bridge. It collapsed after he jumped. As he approached the Door, one of the generators exploded and an alert went off.

The electricity destroyed most of the room, but Konrad ran to a corner where a broken ladder was. More and more of the ground was destroyed as the electricity destroyed another generator, causing the waste to rise.

“Ah don’t wanna DIE! Ah wanna go HOME!” Apple Bloom cried as the situation was hopeless while Konrad tried to remain calm and find a way out of this death trap.

Author's Note:

Oh NO! It seems they are trapped! Will they make it? Find out in the next chapter. Those who played Half Life, should be familiar with this scene at the end.