• Published 18th Sep 2016
  • 11,410 Views, 239 Comments

Why Bother? - Discorded SheepcityUSA



When the Crystal Heart shatters seemingly out of nowhere, the Mane Six are ready to face the horrendous she-demon that emerges from inside it...only for said she-demon to immediately surrender.

  • ...
13
 239
 11,410

Bar Talk

“Stop following me Fluttershy!” Luxure yelled to the yellow Pegasus behind her that she’d been trying to lose for the past half hour. She didn’t let up on her even for a second ever since she removed herself from Twilight’s castle and the unsettling thought of having to discuss her feelings. It was starting to really wear a toll on her nerves.

“You know I can’t do that!” Fluttershy shouted back to her in a frustrated manner. Clearly Fluttershy was getting sick of having to try and force meaningful conversation with her. If she didn’t get through to Luxure, bad things would surely come out of it for Equestria and Luxure herself. She didn’t want to think about the specifics.

Luxure finally decided to stop and turn to Fluttershy and confront her directly on this. It was clear she wasn’t going anywhere so her options were slim. “Why not? Why the hell is knowing me so important? Better yet, why are you doing any of this at all? What’s your endgame here?” she asked.

Finally relieved she’d caught up to her, Fluttershy let out a slight sigh of relief. “I want to help you be better. I want you to be happy; we all do. You want that too right?”

“IS that what you want? Or do all of you just want to get on my good side because I’m really powerful? Maybe reforming villains is like stamp collecting to you or something. How many real villains are even left?” Luxure asked.

Fluttershy thought to herself for a moment about this. They had managed to reform a lot of major threats to Equestria lately. “Well…Tirek’s locked up in Tartarus, we think Sombra might be dead, and Queen Chrysalis is still out there somewhere.”

Luxure’s ears perked up a little bit at the mention of some of those names. “Hey hey wait…I knew you guys beat Sombra but really? Dead? As in...” Luxure ran a hoof across her throat with a questioning expression

Fluttershy rubbed the back of her neck. “He might have um…exploded when the Crystal Heart was used.”

Luxure was in awe at this revelation, and her mind couldn’t bring her to do anything else but blink for the next couple of seconds. “Wow. You girls ARE the good guys right?” she asked before shaking her head. “Oh whatever. The point is that do you REALLY give a shit about my feelings because I have a really hard time believing that.”

Fluttershy gently put one of her hooves on Luxure’s shoulder. “You underestimate a pony’s capacity for good Luxure. I really do care. Whether you choose to believe that or not won't change that.”

The lust goddess let those words sink in. She didn’t think anypony in the world could be this sickeningly nice. Not since…

She quickly shook her head again to clear her head. “Alright. You got me. I’ll talk.” Before Fluttershy could open her mouth again though, Luxure covered it with her hoof to keep her quiet. This obviously earned a confused look from her. “Not here. I need to be somewhere where I’m comfortable.” She answered, taking her hoof off Fluttershy’s mouth.

“Oh I understand. Do you have any place in mind?”


“Whyyyyyyy” Fluttershy mumbled quietly to Luxure as they stepped into the local bar. The place was filled with mostly burly stallions chugging down as much alcohol as possible, and a couple of single mares doing much of the same (the most notable being Berry Punch who looked to have already passed out).

“You want me to talk? Then we do this on my terms. My feelings, my rules. Otherwise you and your friends can all collectively kiss my polished crystal ass.” Luxure said with a slight huff. “Besides, I haven’t had a drinking buddy since…ever now that I think about it.”

“Wait you expect me to drink with you? I reaaaally don't think that's a good idea. I’ve never really drank anything stronger than Applejack’s cider. Plus I d-don’t think I have the bits for th-“ Fluttershy was cut off by Luxure’s loud, annoyed groaning.

“Uggggh should have expected this kind of behavior from you. Don’t worry your pretty little head about it. Let me handle this.” She said as she trotted over to the counter and sat down in one of the stools, Fluttershy nervously following suit. Once they were in place, Luxure motioned the bartender over to them.

“Excuse me, I’m afraid my friend and I left our bits at home by accident. You don’t mind right?~” Luxure asked, putting on the subtlest of flirtatious smiles, with a pair of half-lidded eyes added in for effect, along with a voice that was dripping with fake despair and seduction.

Having not turned around yet, the bartender groaned a little. “Lady, you can’t be serious right now. You want drinks, you pay like everyone el-“ he suddenly stopped midsentence though when he turned around and laid eyes on Luxure. She made sure that the bartender locked eyes with her, which is when both pairs of eyes glowed with a slight light-green tinge. The difference though was that while Luxure had a confident smirk on her face, the bartender’s mouth had dropped open almost completely. The sight of this sent a shiver down Fluttershy’s back.

“Come on, help a girl out. Pleaaaase?” Luxure asked, drawing her question out and fluttering her eyelashes a couple of times. After that, the bartender blinked a couple of times, the green tinge now gone from his eyes.

“Ooh yeah not a problem…what can I get you?” He asked with a now somewhat dazed look about him.

“Good boy.” Luxure replied, patting him on his head as if he were simply a dog. “Scotch. Both of us. Now” she said quickly, to which the bartender silently obeyed and got her and Fluttershy their drinks.

Fluttershy, holding the glass of scotch in her hooves, was somewhat horrified at what just transpired. “W-What…what just…”

“I’m the lust goddess for a reason. I might be absolutely rotten but being as drop-dead gorgeous as me kind of balances things out.” Luxure said with her confident smirk returning and proceeded to take a sip of her drink. Her eyes drifted to Fluttershy as she saw that she hadn’t drank any of her own scotch yet. “You know it kind of defeats the purpose of going to a bar if you don’t drink.”

Fluttershy nervously rubbed her arms a little. “Weren’t we here so you could speak your mind to me?” she asked.

Luxure looked like she was going to retort, having slightly opened her mouth and raising her hoof before thinking it over for a second or two. She then lowered her hoof back to her side. “Okay fair point, I’ll give you that one. Still, I don’t want to be alone in this, throw me a bone here.”

With a quiet sigh, Fluttershy took a sip of her scotch. Immediately she recoiled from the strong, burning sensation in her throat that it caused and she gagged a little. “O-Oh gosh.” She mumbled in between gags.

Luxure could only roll her eyes at this. “You know you’re in for a real bad time if you can’t even handle this.”

“N-No no, I got it!” Fluttershy said with determination in her eyes before quickly downing the rest of her glass and slamming it on the table. “My throat is on fire Luxure. Talk. Now.” She said, narrowing her eyes at the lust goddess.

“Congratulations, you’ve graduated from beta-mare to slightly-less-beta-mare. Alright, what do you want to hear from me? Be specific, you know I’m tricky like that.” Luxure replied in a somewhat chastising tone and resting one of her forelegs on the counter.

“Well, I’ve heard all about how you think villainy is a pointless road to take because of inevitable failure. I can see why you would believe that. But you also talk about yourself like you’ve done the worst out of all the others. Aside from…what the book told us, can you tell me if there’s any of those I need to know? Or do you just believe your own hype that much? All cards on the table.” Fluttershy said, giving Luxure a calm but hardened look.

Luxure twirled her hoof around a little. “Eeeeh let me see…ruled as the Crystal Empire’s evil queen for a while, that one’s a given. Probably ruined a LOT of marriages before that; goddess of lust you know how it is. Aaaand…promise you won’t freak out from this last one?” Luxure asked.

Fluttershy confidently nodded. “I promise.”

With that confirmation, Luxure took a deep breath. “Alright…when I was ruling the Crystal Empire, a big swarm of those disgusting changelings showed up and tried to overthrow me. ‘You’re sucking out all the love!’ they said. ‘Lust can’t feed us!’ they said.”

Fluttershy thought about this. She’d only known about the changelings that invaded Canterlot when Shining Armor and Cadance were getting married. From the way they seemed to feed off of love, it would make sense that someone like Luxure ruling the empire would be very counterproductive to their needs. It’d only make sense they’d want her out.

Luxure took another swig at her drink before continuing. “So they invaded. Tried to out me and put their queen in power. Ugh, Chitin that bitch. My brainwashed army took on her own, but the dumbass came right for me herself. Lemme tell you, she really wasn’t much to look at. Changeling upper-body, spider lower-body. Blech. Take the disgust you'd get from seeing a spider and crank it up to eleven.”

Fluttershy frowned a little and took a sip of her own drink as well. 'I happen to LIKE spiders' she thought, quite annoyed. Throat still burned, but she’d live. “And she didn’t succeed did she?”

Luxure seemed very dismissive at this. “Pff, what do you think? She tried. She tried her damndest I could tell you that. She put up a good fight. Real good. Even went as far as to give me that whole speech of ‘I will protect my subjects!’ and ‘Your reign is over, sorceress!’ blah blah blah. Celestia’s errand-girl’s given it before, I know.” Another swig of alcohol was poured down Luxure’s throat.

“Unfortunately she made the mistake of not collecting enough love to power herself up to challenge me. Really sloppy and reckless of her to underestimate me like that. I managed to overpower her. When she was down on the ground, too hurt to get up, she begged for mercy for her and her hive. Well she picked the wrong day to invade. My milk had gone sour that morning and I twisted my hoof getting out of bed. I was willing to put up with a LOT of shit that day, but an invasion was not one of them. What I said next I think cemented me as a one of the worst villains ever and ensured me a life of eternal damnation buuuut it was badass.”

Fluttershy’s ears fold a little at that. “What did you tell her?”

Luxure cleared her throat a little before putting on the most serious face she could, sporting a deep and angry frown. “I told her in these exact words in the most cold voice you could imagine, ‘If I see your ungodly disgusting species step hoof in my kingdom again, all eight of your legs are going down your throat. THAT will be the least of your troubles.’…it was something to that effect but probably more old-timey sounding. The details don’t matter. What did matter was that that scared them all off real quick, and my ‘tyranny’ I guess you could call it, went on…until Amore inevitably crashed the party.” Luxure growled bitterly and tightened her grip on her glass at the mention of the crystal unicorn princess.

Fluttershy at this point was horrifically mortified. Luxure’s time as rule of the empire sounded like it was a terrible time to live. Ponies only willing to serve her and give her attention, couples and family being split apart, even changelings being terrified of her. Fluttershy knew there was good in her, but given the severity of what she’d done, and her very unremorseful attitude towards her acts, this would be more of a challenge than she’d anticipated. “I’m…wow, I don’t know what to say. That’s quite a story.” She said. “But, you know they only wanted you out because they were hungry. You could have negotiated, maybe.”

“Need I remind you that they invaded me? If they didn’t think about the possibility of failure and the consequences, that’s on them. I put an unbelievable amount of effort into getting my kingdom, and I wasn’t going to let those things ruin it for me. Though it didn’t matter in the end because Amore ruined it later anyway buuuut I was living in the moment.” Luxure replied with that familiar grimace coming back to her face.

“You keep bringing up Princess Amore. You talk about her like how Nightmare Moon would talk about Celestia. How she ‘ruined everything.’ What are you not telling me about you and her?” Fluttershy asked quickly, hoping to uncover even more about why Amore kept coming up when Luxure spoke.

Luxure exhaled deeply at the question “That’s a whole other ball game Fluttershy, I hated her even before she imprisoned me. You wonder why I kept asking you if you wanted to reform me for my gain or your own? Well I’m going to say that I don’t like having my feelings played with. I made a lot of dumb mistakes myself by choosing the villainy road in the first place, but if I had to say why I’ve done what I’ve done, it’s because of her. Not that my feelings matter now, because you know. The world’s formulaic and I sealed my fate a long time ago. That can't be helped.” She growled a bit before taking yet another swig at her drink. “Now do you want the long or short version?”

Mentally preparing herself for what was to come, Fluttershy downed her entire glass of scotch in one go. “I have time. The long version please.”

Author's Note:

With this story having the inclusion of Princess Amore, I might as well say this. This story borrows some elements from the comics such as Sombra's backstory and obviously Amore's presence, but does not directly follow all canon to the comics. It's a bit of a complicated alternate universe like that.

Also I'm calling it that Luxure is the most quotable of all the OCs that I have so far.