• Published 7th Sep 2016
  • 634 Views, 5 Comments

The Twilight connection - Midnight Starwriter



This connection between you and Twilight Sparkle and trying to get to the bottom of it all.

  • ...
 5
 634

Waking up to a headack with more questions.

I felt like I was in a pure state, then I realized that I don't feel like myself anymore. I had kept my eyes closed as flashing lights before me made it hard to tell what's going on. Then finally it goes dark and fell silenced for that moment I try to move but I couldn't. After that, I have the sense of falling down and then hitting the ground. I was too weak to move for some reason, so I just laid there and rest for now.

I finally wake up to find myself to be no longer in my room, but I was on an open playing field. I try to rub my eyes because of how bright it is. When I did this action, I stop for a moment to look at my hands. Then I realize my hands are no longer in that form, that I'm so familiar with having for so long. So I just freak out and scream at the top of my lungs. I quickly look at the rest of my body, and I realized that I was no longer a human... I've been turned into a pony somehow....?

"What the hell happen to me!"
I yelled.

I stop myself and notice my voice is different... I don't have my male voice any longer. Now I have this female voice. Now this is becoming too much for me, and I passed out again from all the shock my mind couldn't handle it.

Then I hear voices trying to wake me up. I started to move and look around again trying to see who is calling me, but all I see is blur figures around me. I realize something is off about my vision, and it is more off than what it used to be. I knew that my vision was somewhat bad but not this bad. I look down and notice a part of glasses I try to pick them up with my clumsy hooves, and trying not to break them. Finally, I manage to get them on my face. Once I did get them on, I look around, and spot who was calling me and all I could see is this figures as my vision cleared up. I try to get up, but I just trip and fell into the grass and dirt.

"Can you help me out over here! I can't move very well...!"
Calling to that voice.

As this figure came up to me, from that distance. From what I can tell is that it's a pony... (A pony but why...?) This pony is mint green and have a harp on her flank. She looked concern as in what happen to me.

"Midnight are you Ok!?"
She asked.

I shook my head and looked back at her. She lends out a hoof, and I reach to her and once I had her hoof she picks me up.

"Midnight I hope that you're ok. Because you got, hit hard in the head by that buckball. Maybe you should sit this one out and let me take over for now."
She explains to me.

I felt my head and found a bump on it and then I found a horn. Now this is confusing the hell out of me for some reason. Since I'm a brony, I would jump for joy, for being in Equestria. For some reason, I'm not, and my head just plains out hurt. Another thought comes to mind is why I'm in this mare's body? From what I can tell this one have a life already of her own, yet I just took over her life. At this point, I want to continue questioning everything that's going on. Now I would have just to go with it and figure out what's going on here. Like why I'm a pony instead of a human and why that pendent took me here? And one other thing is where is Twilight and how come I'm not meeting her? I am just going to have to go with what I've got here and talked to Lyra. Since she still believes that I'm this pony that she knows. Just like a changeling but not a real one.

"I'll be ok, and yea I'll sit this one out. Oh, can I talk to you Lyra, right after this game?"
I ask.

"Uh... Yea... Sure thing Midnight. Well, see you at the end of the game."
She replies with a raised brow.

As soon as I start to trot over to the bench to sit down. I was kind of stumbling my way through it like I was drunk. Once I made my way to it, I trip one last time, and I fell over the bench and hitting my face into the ground. Once I finally got myself sitting on it I started to watch this game that they are playing, it seems interesting. I was so confused here that all I can think about is, who is this pony that I took over and why? The more I think about it, the more my head just hurts. I look for some water around here and found a water dispenser nearby and go to it. As I did this and look at myself in the reflection of the water jug I stop for the moment to check myself out. When I looked at myself for the first time, I realized that I looked exactly like my OC. For one I had the midnight blue color body, and my mane and tail is cerulean with a strip of purple for their colors. I have red glasses on, a red bow, and this red and black tie around my neck. Finally, I looked at my cutie mark and saw how I always make it to looked on my OC, a star that is being drawn with a white feather and a few smaller stars next to it. These coincidences are becoming too weird for me, and I quickly move to get some water and return to continue watching what's going on with the game.

...

Once the game is over Lyra made her way to my side and sat next to me in an upright fashion. I know from the fandom that she is an anthropologist or a big fan of humans. I guess she can help me out with this predicament I'm in because anybody or pony will just think that I'm crazy.

"Lyra...? I need to ask you something..."

"What is it Midnight?"

"That's the thing, Lyra. I'm not the Midnight that you know, I am someone else and not from this world."

She just looked at me like, if that ball hit me hard enough to knock out more than just a few screws loose. She put her hoof on my shoulder and give me another concerned look.

"Midnight what are you talking about. Because you are really starting to get me, worry about you. Do we need to go to the hospital and get you check out? Because I think you might have a concussion."

"No, I'm fine. I'm just not used to this pony's body. Anyways, what do you know about humans?"
I murmur.

Lyra just has her mouth open and look at me. Then she looks to the right and then to the left and finally back at me.

"Ssshhhh....." She quickly looks left and right. "You're going to have to come with right now....! Come on let's go...!"
She says out of concern.

We start to move off, and I was stumbling along to a more closed off area where nopony can hear us or see what we're doing.

...

"Ok, Midnight or whoever you are. Just what gotten into you? Because we don't usually talk about humans in public areas, they're like a taboo here. Plus we don't break that rule in our group. And once again you are really starting to worry me out."
She has a hoof on her chest.

"Ohh... I didn't know, I'm... I'm sorry for that, Lyra. Well, anyways I was a human before I got here. I was trying to get an answer by using a pendant and a crystal then things got out of hand, now I find myself here in your friend's body. I don't mean to hurt anypony or your friend here. All I can ask you is for some help."

"So you're saying you were a human? Rriigghhtt... Like the many other times. You did that when you were a filly. I know that game so will that you can't fool me, this time. All I can say is, whatever you say Midnight. If you truly are one and claim to be one that has no clue of who I am... Then how come you know my name?"
As she gives off a sassy attitude towards me.

"Lucky guess... Look you don't have to believe me about this really, but I was a human before this happens, Lyra. I'm being honest about it. If you want to know more about the humans, let me know."

"Ok, human person that is trap in my friend's body. I'll help you out with what you need. Just tell me one thing... What is it like to be a human?"
She smiles slowly and tills her head a bit.

"Well for starter it's kinda boring, and they make life hard on you. The only thing that makes it, worth it to be one is the technology they made."
I answer her.

"Really!?"
It was as she was taken back by what I said.

"Yea. For some reason, humanity isn't all that kind to itself. We had wars and fight each other over small things to big ones but there is some that just want to be left in peace and some be willing to fight for it. One other thing about us is we always wanting to learn more and use our imagination and knowledge to make reality and our lives less stressful for ourselves."
I hold my hoof to my chest as I tell this.

Lyra smiled at my answers so far. I can tell she wanted to go on about this topic, yet the both of us sit down for the moment. We stop just to take in our surroundings. Lyra went ahead and changed the subject that we're on.

"Midnight... If it's ok that I call you that? Or do you want to be call by your human name?"
She blushes a little.

I did tell her my real name, and I was a male. She looked more curious about my name and who I was. It seems like she heard of it before somewhere.

"Anyways it's fine that you call me Midnight for now, so we don't confuse anypony of who I am. So Lyra is there any way I can meet Twilight Sparkle?"

"Oh... Uhhh... That's the thing, Midnight. Ha, ha...."
As she has her hoof laying on the back of her head, and looking down to the ground.

"What's going on, Lyra?"

"Well, the last time I've heard about Twilight that she is on a friendship mission and is away from Ponyville, and she won't be back till it's finished. As for us, we're in a Buckball tournament in Los Alicorns, and we won't be heading back to Ponyville anytime soon."
She weakly smiles.

"Oh... Ok... So how far are we in this tournament?"

"We're just getting started, and we have long ways to go since we win our first game. Hey, you should meet our teammates, they'll be in the locker room getting ready for some practice later on. Also, this game gotten popular after the Appleloosa game and spread throughout Equestria, and our team's name is The Gold Rushers in case you're wondering. We're only doing this for fun and a prized at the end of it."
She smiled.

I just sit there for a moment and already know that I suck at sports, and I don't know who is on the team or how this game works. I have to say something to about this.

"Lyra... I don't even know how to play this game here. Also, you and I would have to play around like I have amnesia because I don't know how the game works or who is playing on this team of ours. And one more thing that is, I'll try my best to help win in these games."
I weakly smile.

Lyra smiled and got up, and I did the same thing as well.

"Well Midnight, our teammate's names are, Bon Bon, Berry Punch, Cloudchaser, and Derpy."
She explains.

"We have Derpy on our team!? Awesome! I know them all.... I mean.... I don't..."
I react in a way to all of their names and adding a weak smile to boot.

"Yea, she is, and she is great at the game. Are you sure that you are ok, Midnight?"
She raises a brow

"Yes I am, Lyra. I will explain to you why I know about everypony names for another time, ok. It'll make this story too long to go on."

"I'm just making sure that you are because you got hit. Anyways once we are done, with these games and go back home. You're going to tell me everything about your kind and how you know so much about everything here. You got that!"

I nod my head and agreeing to her demands. "Ok, Lyra..."

Then all of a sudden my head starts to spins like crazy, and I can't any longer stand up or see then I just fell to the ground and everything goes black. I hear Lyra screaming my name and that's was the last thing I hear...

...

I wake up back in my room and looking around and feeling like I got hit by a ton of bricks, way worse than a hangover too. I could barely move my body, but my head can still move. I look at the phone for time to gather my barring's. I just can't believe that this happens to me, that my body slept through out the weekend. Knowing that it's Monday, and I have to go to work for the week. So I did my best to get out of bed, but I feel like to much like crap. Once I did manage to get out of bed, I only feel like I have been drink the weekend away. Deciding to just call in for the day because of how I feel. After doing that I head for the bathroom just to look at myself. When I did this I've notice something on my forehead.

"Wwhaat...?! Is that a horn."
I said to myself.

Terror is the only feeling that I have at this point. I started to stress out because of this. Like how I'm going to, go about my day to day business in life with this horn on my head. I can't really hind it from the world around me. I know that I'm self-conscience, and my low self-esteem doesn't help either. Looking at these facts I could only come up with one thing and that is to go back to Equestria, soon. I didn't care if I lose my life as a human here. In the end I have to, not because of how sucky my life is. Because I'm link to Twilight somehow, and this only makes me want to try again.

Author's Note:

Ok, that was a twist to the story. Well let's see what might happen in the next chapter. Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think so far.

I am going to rewrite the first chapter just to clean up some the mess that's there.:twilightblush: